ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags JFK assassination , Kennedy conspiracies

Old 5th June 2017, 10:54 AM   #241
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
It reminds me of a 9/11 no-planer who liked to refer to the clear image in a video of the plane that hit one of the towers as a "shadow thingy".
I think the red spot on the BOH photographs is probably a wound of some kind, but not the entry wound. That's what Dr. Boswell said.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 03:22 PM   #242
carlitos
"más divertido"

While CTers aren't at all interested in facts, I'll just add that "Dr Pepper" does not have a period after the Dr, according to their trademark and the AP style guide.

I think that JayUtah mentioned it in one of these threads, but the CT fixation on the ghoulish drawings, films and photos is another weird tic of this genre. There was a guy who I used to report all the time for not hiding these images behind NSFW tags - 6sevens or something like that. Very disturbing.

Last edited by carlitos; 5th June 2017 at 03:24 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 03:53 PM   #243
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

7forever. His particular idiocy (one of them) was to get pictures of the limo windshield as out of focus as possible and then claim it showed a bullet hole. Then he would post pictures of his mom's 1997 Chevy Lumina with a hole in the windshield. They all have their favorite vector into CT religion. When they get tired of standing in the basement of the outhouse with reality taking a daily dump on their head, they go nuclear to get banned.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 03:54 PM   #244
bknight
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I think the red spot on the BOH photographs is probably a wound of some kind, but not the entry wound. That's what Dr. Boswell said.
Perhaps the CT site you visit to get disinformation failed to pick up on this item in the NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/20/us...pagewanted=all

Quote:
And four of five other doctors who attended the President in the emergency room of a Dallas hospital said they observed nothing while treating him that contradicts the pathologists' findings. They also criticized another doctor in the emergency room that day, one whose new book asserts a conspiracy to cover up evidence that the President was shot from the front, not the back.
The lone dissenter was
Quote:
'J.F.K. Conspiracy of Silence" (Signet, 1992), by Dr. Charles A. Crenshaw, who was a junior member of the medical team that tried to save Kennedy's life at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.
Dr. Boswell had the opportunity to disagree with the findings, but didn't.

Quote:
"We documented our findings in spades," Dr. Boswell said. "It's all there in the records," which include X-rays from head to toe and 52 photographs.
Quote:
The pathologists said the first bullet entered the back of Kennedy's neck and left through the front of his throat. The second bullet entered the back of his head and exploded the right side of it, destroying a major portion of the brain.
Conclusion, no cover-up, no alteration of the body.
Two bullets, one in the back one in the head, both fired from beind, slightly to the right and above the President.
bknight is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 04:11 PM   #245
OKBob
Thinker

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I think that JayUtah mentioned it in one of these threads, but the CT fixation on the ghoulish drawings, films and photos is another weird tic of this genre.
Yes, that morbid fascination got a real boost back in the early 90s when Groden and Livingstone's book High Treason became a paperback seller, complete with glossy photos of the autopsy, ghoulishly tagged "stare of death photo" and the like. They were peddling prurience as much as pitching woo.
OKBob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 05:43 PM   #246
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

bknight, that New York Times article is just re-reporting an interview the autopsy doctors did with the Journal of the American Medical Association. Link to article. Without explaining the significance of this statement, the article states:

Quote:
"The fatal wound was blatantly obvious," Humes recalls. "The entrance wound was elliptical, 15 millimeters long and 6 millimeters wide, and located 2.5 centimeters to the right and slightly above the external occipital protuberance. The inside of the skull displayed the characteristic beveled appearance."

Last edited by MicahJava; 5th June 2017 at 05:52 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 05:55 PM   #247
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

bknight, that New York Times article is just re-reporting an interview the autopsy doctors did with the Journal of the American Medical Association. Link to article. Without explaining the significance of this statement, the article states:
Good thing they got that photo of it then.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 06:07 PM   #248
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Good thing they got that photo of it then.
Really? You have a picture of an entrance wound in the back of Kennedy's skull? Show it to me.
Old 5th June 2017, 06:11 PM   #249
bknight
Critical Thinker

Is the article in error when it states that "And four of five other doctors who attended the President in the emergency room of a Dallas hospital said they observed nothing while treating him that contradicts the pathologists' findings."

Quit stumbling along with your inferences. The article does not indicate Dr. Boswell had any problems with the autopsy at that time. Now he may have changed his story as he grew older and the memory banks became more clouded.
bknight is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 06:12 PM   #250
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Really? You have a picture of an entrance wound in the back of Kennedy's skull? Show it to me.
Why? What would you do with a picture of an entrance wound in JFK's head?
Old 5th June 2017, 06:15 PM   #251
bknight
Critical Thinker

When it is finally released will your stop your second gun-shot to the head BS? or will your rank continue in the fashion to which we have been accustomed?

BTW I asked many pages ago, do you believe in any more CT's or is this the only one? Why do you believe in such nonsense?
Oh I forgot you are a "truth seeker".
Old 5th June 2017, 06:16 PM   #252
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Is the article in error when it states that "And four of five other doctors who attended the President in the emergency room of a Dallas hospital said they observed nothing while treating him that contradicts the pathologists' findings."

Quit stumbling along with your inferences. The article does not indicate Dr. Boswell had any problems with the autopsy at that time. Now he may have changed his story as he grew older and the memory banks became more clouded.
bknight, I'd appreciate it if you would stop referring to your personal theory as "the autopsy". Dr. Boswell has never agreed with your theory. If your personal theory has evidence in the form of a dozen or so experts who think the depressed cowlick fracture on the X-rays is an entry wound, argue that and be proud of it.
Old 5th June 2017, 06:29 PM   #253
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

When it is finally released will your stop your second gun-shot to the head BS? or will your rank continue in the fashion to which we have been accustomed?
Is that your passive-aggressive way of claiming that the full set of official skull photographs would prove the cowlick entry theory? Because a lot of experts think the skull photographs don't show what you think they show. The three original leading autopsy doctors thought the skull photographs show the occipital-parietal area, not the frontal area. Even if they did show the frontal area, that doesn't mean they show the depressed cowlick fracture.

And have you forgotten how I pointed out that the area of skull with the depressed cowlick fracture would've just naturally separated because of how brittle the area around the original large defect was? And how you couldn't remove the brain without first removing that area of the skull?

Quote:
BTW I asked many pages ago, do you believe in any more CT's or is this the only one? Why do you believe in such nonsense?
Oh I forgot you are a "truth seeker".
The three main assassinations of the 60's fascinate me. I also made a wikia for the Oklahoma City Bombing to record my ongoing fact-seeking of the case. Ever hear of Officer Terrance Yeakey? It was reported that the weapon found at his body's location was not his police-issued gun. And I recently talked to one of his family members over Facebook who told me that he owned no personal gun. Strange, huh? Well, It's an ongoing project.

On this forum I've also argued my questions about the foreknowledge of WTC 7's collapse.
Old 5th June 2017, 06:59 PM   #254
bknight
Critical Thinker

bknight, I'd appreciate it if you would stop referring to your personal theory as "the autopsy". Dr. Boswell has never agreed with your theory. If your personal theory has evidence in the form of a dozen or so experts who think the depressed cowlick fracture on the X-rays is an entry wound, argue that and be proud of it.
I don't have a "theory" as you do, all I have are the facts that I read. I don't see where Dr. Boswell has disagreed with the autopsy, you keep referring that he did, where are his words, not some interpretation of his words that he disagrees with the autopsy.

Do the pathologists agree with one head shot or more? Link some information not your personal beliefs.

Last edited by bknight; 5th June 2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: to add pathologists statement.
Old 5th June 2017, 07:10 PM   #255
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

bknight, I'd appreciate it if you would stop referring to your personal theory as "the autopsy".
The autopsy is not a theory, personal or otherwise. It is a medical assessment for the cause of death. In this case it is the murder of JFK, and it is comprehensive, it was photographed, and extensively x-rayed, and it stands on its own merits.

The autopsy shows a single bullet entrance wound to the upper back which exited through the throat, and a SINGLE GSW to the back of the head.

The autopsy does not reveal who pulled the trigger or why that person pulled the trigger.

That's where the rest of the investigation comes in.

The entry wound is visible on the Zapruder Film.
Old 5th June 2017, 07:14 PM   #256
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

You know the ineptitude is getting bad when you wish Hank was back.
Old 5th June 2017, 07:34 PM   #257
bknight
Critical Thinker

Is that your passive-aggressive way of claiming that the full set of official skull photographs would prove the cowlick entry theory? Because a lot of experts think the skull photographs don't show what you think they show. The three original leading autopsy doctors thought the skull photographs show the occipital-parietal area, not the frontal area. Even if they did show the frontal area, that doesn't mean they show the depressed cowlick fracture.
I am not an expert in head shot wounds, so I don't "think" anything about them other than more experts agree that they show the entry wound, than experts "think the skull photographs don't show what you think they show", have you got that straight? Not being a doctor, it seems hard for me to believe that anyone looking at a frontal area would be hard pressed to call any wound an entry wound since about a third of the skull is held by skin tissue alone and I believe crumbly was the term that was used.
Quote:

And have you forgotten how I pointed out that the area of skull with the depressed cowlick fracture would've just naturally separated because of how brittle the area around the original large defect was?
You talk in circles and it is difficult to find any meaning in your ramblings, you have a tendency to answer questions with questions(as in this post)never stating anything concrete. Is there a subliminal reason for this type behavior?
Quote:
And how you couldn't remove the brain without first removing that area of the skull?
Again from what I read, the was wrapped with bandages when the coffin arrived, once they were removed what remained was attached with skin and easily was open for the removal of what was left of the brain. From the NYT article. "Dr. Humes said his team did not need to use a saw to remove the top of the skull, as is usual in autopsies, because the bullet that killed the President had blown out about 5 inches of skull, bone and skin. When Dr. Humes peeled the scalp back, he said, the skull bone "crumbled in my hands from the fracture lines, which went off in all directions." So it seems that what you state is in complete disagreement with what actually happened at the autopsy.

"After examining the inside of the rear of the skull bone and piecing together what they could of the remaining brain, the pathologists said, there was no question where the bullet had come from: rear to front."
Notice a couple of aspects of this statement, singular bullet, not any more, and rear to front.
Quote:

The three main assassinations of the 60's fascinate me. I also made a wikia for the Oklahoma City Bombing to record my ongoing fact-seeking of the case. Ever hear of Officer Terrance Yeakey? It was reported that the weapon found at his body's location was not his police-issued gun. And I recently talked to one of his family members over Facebook who told me that he owned no personal gun. Strange, huh? Well, It's an ongoing project.

On this forum I've also argued my questions about the foreknowledge of WTC 7's collapse.
One CT in this thread start another if you wish, but you have answered my question, thank you.
Old 5th June 2017, 07:44 PM   #258
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

This from a guy who has only seen five or six secondary autopsy pictures, and not the 52+ 35mm photos...not that you are qualified to judge their contents.
Old 5th June 2017, 08:08 PM   #259
OKBob
Thinker

You are increasingly resorting to insult, which is not permitted by the forum rules. You refer to our "ineptitude." May I ask, then, what your particular qualifications are for the medical and forensic analyses you attempt here? Educational level? Degrees received? Subjects studied? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by OKBob; 5th June 2017 at 08:19 PM.
OKBob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 09:50 PM   #260
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

I am not an expert in head shot wounds, so I don't "think" anything about them other than more experts agree that they show the entry wound, than experts "think the skull photographs don't show what you think they show", have you got that straight? Not being a doctor, it seems hard for me to believe that anyone looking at a frontal area would be hard pressed to call any wound an entry wound since about a third of the skull is held by skin tissue alone and I believe crumbly was the term that was used.
Do you think the area circled in red is the entry wound while the area circled in blue is the exit wound?

Since this photograph was taken after the brain had already been removed, that would mean they somehow took out his entire brain through a skull cavity not much bigger than this:

How did they do that?

Quote:
You talk in circles and it is difficult to find any meaning in your ramblings, you have a tendency to answer questions with questions(as in this post)never stating anything concrete. Is there a subliminal reason for this type behavior?
If you can't understand simple concepts being explained to you, that's your problem.

Quote:
Again from what I read, the was wrapped with bandages when the coffin arrived, once they were removed what remained was attached with skin and easily was open for the removal of what was left of the brain. From the NYT article. "Dr. Humes said his team did not need to use a saw to remove the top of the skull, as is usual in autopsies, because the bullet that killed the President had blown out about 5 inches of skull, bone and skin. When Dr. Humes peeled the scalp back, he said, the skull bone "crumbled in my hands from the fracture lines, which went off in all directions." So it seems that what you state is in complete disagreement with what actually happened at the autopsy.
So are you saying they removed his whole brain out of a 5-inch hole? No. Read closely to that passage. The areas of the skull around the original large head wound were so brittle, they easily separated into fragments. You also have to have a big enough skull cavity to facilitate the removal of the brain. So how does Dr. Finck walk in late after the brain had already been removed and still examine the entry hole that he always said was still sitting there preserved in the intact skull? The depressed cowlick fracture on the X-rays was in the parietal bone right beside the large head wound, while the original EOP location would give enough space between the small and large wounds to stay unmolested.

Quote:
"After examining the inside of the rear of the skull bone and piecing together what they could of the remaining brain, the pathologists said, there was no question where the bullet had come from: rear to front."
Notice a couple of aspects of this statement, singular bullet, not any more, and rear to front.
According to the official story, the brain was not properly sectioned. Kennedy's personal physician Dr. Burkley expressed many times that he either believed or suspected that there were two head shots. The mystery, according to him, may have been solved if the brain had been properly sectioned.

Would you care to explain to the jury why a brain is sectioned in a case of gunshot wounds to the head?

Last edited by MicahJava; 5th June 2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 6th June 2017, 12:57 AM   #261
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Do you think the area circled in red is the entry wound while the area circled in blue is the exit wound?
It is not a bullet hole.

Quote:
Since this photograph was taken after the brain had already been removed, that would mean they somehow took out his entire brain through a skull cavity not much bigger than this:
Does it? Because we already covered this.

Quote:
How did they do that?
Reading is fundamental.

Quote:
If you can't understand simple concepts being explained to you, that's your problem.
Pot, you are black.

Quote:
So are you saying they removed his whole brain out of a 5-inch hole?
You put words in other people's mouths a lot. It is a sign of intellectual frailty.

Quote:
Read closely to that passage. The areas of the skull around the original large head wound were so brittle, they easily separated into fragments. You also have to have a big enough skull cavity to facilitate the removal of the brain.
This was covered. You ignored it.

Quote:
So how does Dr. Finck walk in late after the brain had already been removed and still examine the entry hole that he always said was still sitting there preserved in the intact skull?
Maybe because it was.

Quote:
According to the official story, the brain was not properly sectioned.
They didn't feel they needed to do it, plus the Kennedy family wanted the body back ASAP for burial, so there was no time. That's not even contested today.

Quote:
Kennedy's personal physician Dr. Burkley expressed many times that he either believed or suspected that there were two head shots. The mystery, according to him, may have been solved if the brain had been properly sectioned.
He was wrong all the way around.

Quote:
Would you care to explain to the jury why a brain is sectioned in a case of gunshot wounds to the head?
Sure, right after you explain historical context.
Old 6th June 2017, 01:22 AM   #262
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

bknight, I'd appreciate it if you would stop referring to your personal theory as "the autopsy".

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2017, 03:44 AM   #263
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

And yet you scurry away from answering his questions just like you scurry away from answering anyone else's. Are you so liittle informed that you are incapable?
Old 6th June 2017, 04:54 AM   #264
bknight
Critical Thinker

Before you comment on the ineptitude of others aside from Hank, I suggest you take a long hard look in a mirror.
Old 6th June 2017, 05:28 AM   #265
bknight
Critical Thinker

https://i.imgur.com/XGu6qby.jpg

How did they do that?
Again, I'm not an expert at bullet holes in the head, I couldn't make a guess at what the image is, assuming it is JFK's skull, let alone what those circled areas are. What is your opinion of what that image shows?
Quote:

So are you saying they removed his whole brain out of a 5-inch hole? No. Read closely to that passage. The areas of the skull around the original large head wound were so brittle, they easily separated into fragments. You also have to have a big enough skull cavity to facilitate the removal of the brain. So how does Dr. Finck walk in late after the brain had already been removed and still examine the entry hole that he always said was still sitting there preserved in the intact skull? The depressed cowlick fracture on the X-rays was in the parietal bone right beside the large head wound, while the original EOP location would give enough space between the small and large wounds to stay unmolested.
Yes the skull crumbled in the doctors hands. The only part that you fail to grasp is that they did not have to saw the skull, as usual, to removed the brain regardless of what you describe the size of the hole. Since I'm not a doctor, I can't describe what the entry hole/exit hole positions would/should look like. What training have you had to make any description of the wounds?
Quote:

According to the official story, the brain was not properly sectioned. Kennedy's personal physician Dr. Burkley expressed many times that he either believed or suspected that there were two head shots. The mystery, according to him, may have been solved if the brain had been properly sectioned.
If Dr. Burkley expressed many times, you need to cite this statement, why then did he not disagree, if he was asked, with the pathologists "a single gunshot wound" in this article?
Quote:

Since I'm not a doctor, I haven't the information to answer a hypothetical question. What is your training in this area?

You have been asked many times to cite the CT site you obtain the comments concerning the assassination. Why haven't you answered that question?

One last question, why did Dr. Burkley sign the autopsy, if he believed there were more than one entry wound? That seems to me a dereliction of duty, what does it mean to you?
Old 6th June 2017, 02:40 PM   #266
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Dave
Between "what the worlds greatest snipers and Olympic snipers" have to say about LHO's shooting and this most recent "pin-the-headwound" nonsense, the ******** meter and Irony meters have both failed.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2017, 07:20 PM   #267
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Between "what the worlds greatest snipers and Olympic snipers" have to say about LHO's shooting and this most recent "pin-the-headwound" nonsense, the ******** meter and Irony meters have both failed.
"Olympic snipers" was a vague reference to NRA Masters, "capable of Olympic competition". From summary of the WC shooting experiments as testified by Ronald Simmons:

Quote:
Volume III pge. 441 starts the testimony of Ronald Simmons, whose -e is: Chief of the Infantry Weapons Evaluation Branch of the Ballistics Research Laboratory of the Department of the Army, in a nutshell he used three NRA MASTERS Staley, Miller and Hendrix (capable of Olympic competition) in an attempt to duplicate the accuracy and timing attributed to Oswald. Their reenactments were under better conditions than Oswald contended with.

1. All the time they wanted to aim first shot.

2. No oak tree obscuring their vision.

3. Thirty feet up instead of the sixth floor

4. Targets two feet square.

5. Stationary targets as opposed to a moving target.

6. Had advantage of shimmed scope for accuracy.

7. Targets. No pressure of killing a President of the U.S.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, THREE NRA "MASTERS" COULD NOT DUPLICATE SHOOTING SKILLS OF ONE LONE NUT NAMED LEE HARVEY OSWALD
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisb...Item%2001A.pdf

And, of course, the fact that even some Lone Nutters are coming around to accepting the research indicating that the scope on the rifle in evidence is was too crappy to use. These experiments used scopes, not iron sights.

Doesn't it bother you that these experiments were presented as evidence of anything? Of course not, you already have your agenda. Meanwhile, your strategy is to use confusion to clog any conversation. Were you one of the guys claiming that adequate noise-suppressors on rifles did not exist in 1963? Boy, that was a bust. Now your strategy is playing dumb when discussing medical evidence. If you don't have a good answer for anything, don't bother responding please.

Bonus quote from Bugliosi's Reclaiming History, in which Bulio argues that Oswald could not have been a professional contract killer because the rifle in evidence did not come with a noise-suppressor:

"Silencers go all the way back to the turn of the twentieth century, and a firearms expert for the Los Angeles Police Department told me that as of 1963 they were already sophisticated enough to “substantially diminish the report” of the weapon and to “alter or disguise the sound,” such as to make it sound like “the hitting of a pile of wood with a hammer” or “the operation of machinery.” He said silencers are effective, and shots at Kennedy from a weapon with the best silencer then available “probably wouldn’t have even been heard above the background noise of the motorcade and crowd” in Dealey Plaza."

Last edited by MicahJava; 6th June 2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 6th June 2017, 07:28 PM   #268
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

"Olympic snipers" was a vague reference to NRA Masters, "capable of Olympic competition". From summary of the WC shooting experiments as testified by Ronald Simmons:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisb...Item%2001A.pdf

And, of course, the fact that even some Lone Nutters are coming around to accepting the research indicating that the scope on the rifle in evidence is was too crappy to use. These experiments used scopes, not iron sights.

Doesn't it bother you that these experiments were used as evidence for anything? Of course not, you already have your agenda. Meanwhile, your strategy is to use confusion to clog any conversation. Were you one of the guys claiming that adequate noise-suppressors on rifles did not exist in 1963? Boy, that was a bust. Now your strategy is playing dumb when discussing medical evidence. If you don't have a good answer for anything, don't bother responding please.
Are you saying that nobody could have made a head shot at that distance?

Quote:
Bonus quote from Bugliosi's Reclaiming History, in which Bulio argues that Oswald could not have been a professional contract killer because the rifle in evidence did not come with a noise-suppressor:

"Silencers go all the way back to the turn of the twentieth century, and a firearms expert for the Los Angeles Police Department told me that as of 1963 they were already sophisticated enough to “substantially diminish the report” of the weapon and to “alter or disguise the sound,” such as to make it sound like “the hitting of a pile of wood with a hammer” or “the operation of machinery.” He said silencers are effective, and shots at Kennedy from a weapon with the best silencer then available “probably wouldn’t have even been heard above the background noise of the motorcade and crowd” in Dealey Plaza."
Are you claiming that a silenced weapon was used to assassinate JFK? From what distance?
Old 6th June 2017, 10:05 PM   #269
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

"Olympic snipers" was a vague reference to NRA Masters, "capable of Olympic competition".
Neat.

The Carcano was prized in 1,000 yard shooting competitions at the turn of the century.

Quote:
And what kind of "research" would that be exactly?

Fact is the scope was more than capable for the SHORT RANGE involved in Dallas.

Quote:
Doesn't it bother you that these experiments were presented as evidence of anything? Of course not, you already have your agenda.
Hardly. The ballistics is the main reason I pulled my head out of my butt and embraced the fresh air of reality, and left the CT word behind.

Quote:
Meanwhile, your strategy is to use confusion to clog any conversation. Were you one of the guys claiming that adequate noise-suppressors on rifles did not exist in 1963? Boy, that was a bust.
Nope. We said they weren't practical for this shoot, and the calibers involved were not the 6.5x52mm.

Quote:
Now your strategy is playing dumb when discussing medical evidence. If you don't have a good answer for anything, don't bother responding please.
You don't get to dictate the grounds for the debate. We just want proof, and you don't have any.

Quote:

A lot of talk. Notice caliber is NOT mentioned.

How about you put that into the real world of 1963?

How much would a silencer cost?

Who manufactured them?

How easy were they to purchase? Could you find them in any gun shop?

I should point out that there is a long list of reasons Oswald could not have been a professional hit man that would take three pages before we even get to the Carcano.

We get it, you want the conspiracy to be real, but you're using questionable material that has long ago been debunked. Oswald did all the shooting that day, and if there is a conspiracy to be found it is not in the autopsy.
Old 7th June 2017, 08:15 AM   #270
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

When you fail to realize this argument you cribbed from your one CT website source has painted you into a corner, come back and post again. Several people will come along to explain it to you. I've given you a hint.

You should be really mad at that website for how they've used you.
Old 7th June 2017, 09:36 AM   #271
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Why do you vaguely reference "CT websites"? My argument about the cowlick entrance being incompatible with Dr. Finck arriving to examine the entry wound in the intact skull was made by Larry Sturdivan, ballistics expert for the HSCA, in his 2005 book The JFK Myths (in the context of him arguing that the autopsy skull photographs do not show the cowlick fracture):

The President’s parietal bone was extensively fractured all the way back to the occipital. The autopsy team said they removed loose pieces of broken bone instead of cutting out the usual “skullcap” to remove the brain. But if they removed enough of the parietal to remove the brain, the pieces containing the “higher” entry wound would have to have been among the pieces removed. If the entry wound had been lying on the autopsy table, how could it have been clearly shown in the photograph of the interior of the skull…?

Sturdivan is a LN whose book tries to argue that the original EOP location could be compatible with the medical evidence showing a single gunshot to the head.
Old 7th June 2017, 11:16 AM   #272
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Sturdivan is a LN whose book tries to argue that the original EOP location could be compatible with the medical evidence showing a single gunshot to the head.
And he happens to be right.
Old 7th June 2017, 11:20 AM   #273
OKBob
Thinker

Why do you vaguely reference "CT websites"?
Because it's plain from the haphazard, inexpert quality of your arguments that you get much of your material, pre-masticated, from such sources. Even your quotation from Sturdivan was copied and pasted from Pat Speer's website (http://www.patspeer.com/chapter14%3A...hemysteryphoto). Like Speer, you maunder on about medical evidence without showing that you have any qualifications to address medical and forensic subjects.

My question is still pending about your qualifications for disagreeing with medical experts: educational background, degrees earned, subjects studied. I think this is a fair question, given how many medical lectures you've delivered here.

Last edited by OKBob; 7th June 2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:13 PM   #274
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by OKBob View Post
Because it's plain from the haphazard, inexpert quality of your arguments that you get much of your material, pre-masticated, from such sources. Even your quotation from Sturdivan was copied and pasted from Pat Speer's website (http://www.patspeer.com/chapter14%3A...hemysteryphoto). Like Speer, you maunder on about medical evidence without showing that you have any qualifications to address medical and forensic subjects.

My question is still pending about your qualifications for disagreeing with medical experts: educational background, degrees earned, subjects studied. I think this is a fair question, given how many medical lectures you've delivered here.
Yeah Speer's website was one of the first CT sources I came across discussing the medical evidence that argued from a perspective with no forged or altered films, substituted brains etc.

If anything, I don't think Speer drives this point into the ground enough.

I've linked to it several times, because it provides useful information, any opinions are usually cited to other existing experts and not the author himself. You would know that if you read once in a while.

Last edited by MicahJava; 7th June 2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:16 PM   #275
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
And he happens to be right.
Larry Sturdivan accepts the original EOP location, maybe just a bit higher. You, on the other hand, think the location of the entry wound was 4 inches higher.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:22 PM   #276
OKBob
Thinker

You would know that if you read once in a while.
What do you know about my reading habits...snip...?

Your educational and medical qualifications are again requested. Please don't keep evading this. Many of us have sketched our own backgrounds. It's your turn.

Edited by jsfisher:  Edited for compliance with Rule 8 of the Membership Agreement.

Last edited by jsfisher; 7th June 2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:26 PM   #277
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

No medical qualifications. Why, you can't use your own knowledge of volume and space to talk about the human skull and brain? Or do you think I'm unqualified to list off the number of times the autopsy doctors reaffirmed the original EOP location?
Old 7th June 2017, 12:30 PM   #278
OKBob
Thinker

No medical qualifications. Why, you can't use your own knowledge of volume and space to talk about the human skull and brain? Or do you think I'm unqualified to list off the number of times the autopsy doctors reaffirmed the original EOP location?
Yes, I think you're unqualified to do that. Sorry.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:36 PM   #279
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Are you saying that nobody could have made a head shot at that distance?

Are you claiming that a silenced weapon was used to assassinate JFK? From what distance?
You've run away from answering these, MicahJava. Again.
Old 7th June 2017, 03:29 PM   #280
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Larry Sturdivan accepts the original EOP location, maybe just a bit higher. You, on the other hand, think the location of the entry wound was 4 inches higher.
I can see the bullet enter Kennedy's skull on the Zapruder Film, it tracks right back to the 6th floor of the TSBD.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories