ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 29th April 2019, 09:00 AM   #721
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I'm still expecting him to call Mayor Pete the candidate "Peter Booty-Judge". But he's probably not even on The PDJT's radar yet.
That is too much of a play on words for trump. He would be way more direct.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 09:06 AM   #722
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump has already picked Pete as his favorite opponent.
Old 29th April 2019, 09:33 AM   #723
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Excellent cartoon.
Old 29th April 2019, 10:31 AM   #724
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Those that can be reached by phone. Not an easy task with land lines
disappearing and phone numbers not listed.

Unlisted phone numbers present no problem at all. Get a standard War Dialer
program to dial through all the numbers in an exchange; for example, from
1-855-000-0000 to 1-855-999-9999. If you contacted all ten million numbers
in an exchange it will cost about $1000, if you exclude answering machines,
dead ringers, disconnected wrong numbers, and voice mail. Given 300 active
exchanges in the United States gives a total cost of $300,000 per month for
dialing all the numbers — you ought to make many more times that back easily.

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Hey! Trump said something right. Never mind he's been saying the opposite
for a while. He came around on vaccinations. Says "“They have to get the
shot,” he said speaking to reporters outside of the White House on Friday.
“The vaccinations are so important. This is going around now. They have
to get their shots.”

Good for Trump. That's one.

Can I add that to my book, "101 Damn Good Reason To Reelect Trump
President In 2020." It looks a little blank right now.
Old 29th April 2019, 10:57 AM   #725
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Quote:
Trump said something right. Never mind he's been saying the opposite for a while. He came around on vaccinations. Says "“They have to get the shot,” he said speaking to reporters outside of the White House on Friday.
Can I add that to my book, "101 Damn Good Reason To Reelect Trump
President In 2020." It looks a little blank right now.
Of course, that would only be a relevant reason to vote for trump if his opponent in 2020 was actually against vaccination.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 11:00 AM   #726
Bob001
Philosopher

Trump sets new record: 10,000+ lies.
Quote:
It took President Trump 601 days to top 5,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of eight claims a day.

But on April 26, just 226 days later, the president crossed the 10,000 mark — an average of nearly 23 claims a day in this seven-month period, which included the many rallies he held before the midterm elections, the partial government shutdown over his promised border wall and the release of the special counsel’s report on Russian interference in the presidential election.

This milestone appeared unlikely when The Fact Checker first started this project during his first 100 days. In the first 100 days, Trump averaged less than five claims a day, which would have added up to about 7,000 claims in a four-year presidential term. But the tsunami of untruths just keeps looming larger and larger.

As of April 27, including the president’s rally in Green Bay, Wis., the tally in our database stands at 10,111 claims in 828 days.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.7fd7bdbd957d
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.27babcd5e58c
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 11:03 AM   #727
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

That's kinda Trump 2020 in a nutshell: he has continuously campaigned since his inauguration - there is no way to ramp it up.
Old 29th April 2019, 11:07 AM   #728
Belz...
Fiend God

Which means we've now finally reached peak Trump!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 11:09 AM   #729
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Which means we've now finally reached peak Trump!
I think we are just reaching peak obstruction Trump, with Barr as the enabler.
Trump obviously wants to get impeached.
Old 29th April 2019, 11:13 AM   #730
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Great day with Prime Minister @AbeShinzo of Japan. We played a quick round of golf by the beautiful Potomac River while talking Trade and many other subjects. He has now left for Japan and I am on my way to Wisconsin where a very large crowd of friends await!

And in a turn that will surprise no one here, he couldn't even get this bit correct.

Quote:
Abe was in Washington meeting with Trump directly before he flew to Ottawa.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...hina-1.5114457
Old 29th April 2019, 11:13 AM   #731
Belz...
Fiend God

I think we are just reaching peak obstruction Trump, with Barr as the enabler.
Trump obviously wants to get impeached.
Actually, maybe he does.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 12:33 PM   #732
Armitage72
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Actually, maybe he does.

I remember a comedy sketch in which the entire Trump campaign was a prank by two comedy writers working with Trump, that gradually got out of hand.
"Campaign staff? When did we get a staff?"
"Everyone is going to think this is really funny when we finally reveal the joke, right? Right?!?"

At one point, Trump called them on the phone, sobbing uncontrollably. "I don't wanna be President!!"
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 03:04 PM   #733
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

US Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has handed in his resignation to President Donald Trump.

The two men had a rocky relationship. In 2017, Mr Rosenstein appointed Special Counsel Robert Mueller to probe claims of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

In a resignation letter, he wrote: "We enforce the law without fear or favour because credible evidence is not partisan."

He will leave the post on 11 May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48100665
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 03:46 PM   #734
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Is there something wrong with Trump's back?

Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 03:50 PM   #735
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5LYuesW4AMo8ga.jpg
It's the Russian "Comrade Microphone" up his Arse.
Old 29th April 2019, 04:08 PM   #736
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

No, he always carries around a Bucket O' Chicken in his cummerbund for emergencies.
Old 29th April 2019, 04:09 PM   #737
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Not so impressive: I've seen the same lean-forward in some music videos (most famously by Michael Jackson). The trick is to have connectors on the soles/heels of the shoes that attach to hardware on the floor.

Oh wait: it's just his big stomach pulling the rest of his body forward.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 04:16 PM   #738
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
I presume this makes it much easier for him to speak. no preparation or notes required: he just says whatever comes into his brain that sounds good at that very moment. That would explain most of his weird or meaningless lies.

However sometimes I wonder if he actually thinks slightly ahead and writes down the lies he intends to use in advance of the speech. That would seem even more bizarre:

Extract from Trump speech notes: "Be certain to start by mentioning how there are more people at this rally than exist on the planet Earth. Then note that Bidden has gone to jail for eating the hearts of new borns. Next..."
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 04:20 PM   #739
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I presume this makes it much easier for him to speak. no preparation or notes required: he just says whatever comes into his brain that sounds good at that very moment. That would explain most of his weird or meaningless lies.

However sometimes I wonder if he actually thinks slightly ahead and writes down the lies he intends to use in advance of the speech. That would seem even more bizarre:

Extract from Trump speech notes: "Be certain to start by mentioning how there are more people at this rally than exist on the planet Earth. Then note that Bidden has gone to jail for eating the hearts of new borns. Next..."
I get the feeling that his "speeches" consist of repeating the same old same old, and when the crowd respond to something, riff heavily on that while the cheering continues.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 04:41 PM   #740
dirtywick
Graduate Poster

https://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxne....jpg?ve=1&tl=1
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 04:45 PM   #741
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
But having written down his crib notes, he promptly forgets to use them and goes "off script"...into yet another disaster.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 04:58 PM   #742
Toontown
Philosopher

And this random, hostile gibberish also happens to attract about 40% of the population.

A percentage which will live in infamy. For a while. Until natural selection 21st century style kicks in.
Old 29th April 2019, 06:36 PM   #743
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Pittsburgh jobless rate hits lowest point since the early 1970s (maybe even better than that) and Sleepy Joe just had his first rally there. Fact is, every economic aspect of our Country is the best it has ever been!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 06:37 PM   #744
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
No, he always carries around a Bucket O' Chicken in his cummerbund for emergencies.
Top-notch comedy construction (including goofy word that begins with a K sound). A+

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 29th April 2019 at 06:47 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 06:49 PM   #745
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Trump has already picked Pete as his favorite opponent.
I thought he said Warren was who he hoped for.
Old 29th April 2019, 07:03 PM   #746
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

I imagine it may be somewhat of an illusion due to the angle of the photo not showing the fact the flaps of his jacket, which every fine menswear guideline dictates should be buttoned, aren’t. Of course, we are discussing the fashion-forward dandy who Scotch tapes his neckties in place.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 29th April 2019 at 07:06 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 07:16 PM   #747
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

However sometimes I wonder if he actually thinks slightly ahead and writes down the lies he intends to use in advance of the speech.
Doubtful. His hands are too small to hold more than a couple crib notes because of the large font he needs to use.
Old 29th April 2019, 08:12 PM   #748
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
I thought he said Warren was who he hoped for.
He told Hannity that he is rooting for Pete.
Old 29th April 2019, 08:30 PM   #749
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

He told Hannity that he is rooting for Pete.
That has completely different connotations down in the south Pacific.
Old 29th April 2019, 09:33 PM   #750
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Excellent cartoon.
And the tragic part is, that it has much more than just a grain of truth to it.

Its all well and good to claim that migrants steal American jobs, but who wants those jobs... who wants to leave their comfortable lives in NY or LA or SF to go to Wisconsin and have to get up a 4am, 24/7/365 to milk/feed out cows?

"Migrants steal American jobs"
is one of those myths that have no basis in fact.

Last edited by smartcooky; 29th April 2019 at 10:14 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th April 2019, 10:07 PM   #751
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

If they were really "American" jobs then there should be lots of Americans assigned already to do them. Maybe a big list of them somewhere. So as soon as those pesky brown folks are ejected back to Muslim Mexico, I expect to see the now-vacant jobs filled immediately from that list of Americans who were supposed to have those jobs in the first place!

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 29th April 2019 at 10:23 PM. Reason: spel
Old 29th April 2019, 10:10 PM   #752
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
I noted the 45 on his cuff. He's sick.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2019, 12:48 AM   #753
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump is using his banks, Deutsche and Capital One, to stop them from complying with subpoenas.
Good luck with that.
Old 30th April 2019, 12:55 AM   #754
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is using suing his banks, Deutsche and Capital One, to stop them from complying with subpoenas.
Good luck with that.
Friendly FTFY
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2019, 12:58 AM   #755
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Friendly FTFY
appreciated.
Old 30th April 2019, 02:07 AM   #756
Belz...
Fiend God

Impossible. He's the healthiest president ever. Clearly this is his stable-genius technique to have the best back in the universe.

Old 30th April 2019, 03:25 AM   #757
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, the dumb bitch has sure let himself go. He looks like Jabba the Hut if Jabba wore a particularly disheveled muskrat stapled to his head.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th April 2019, 04:24 AM   #758
AnonyMoose
Muse

Meh.

It's just his Superman Underoos riding up his butt crack.

Or his girdle is too tight and pinching his nipple piercings.
Old 30th April 2019, 04:29 AM   #759
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is using his banks, Deutsche and Capital One, to stop them from complying with subpoenas.
Good luck with that.
US President Donald Trump has sued two banks in a bid to stop them handing over his financial records to Congress.

The lawsuit against Deutsche Bank and Capital One was filed after Democrat-led committees issued subpoenas for information on his finances.

A Deutsche Bank spokeswoman told the New York Times: "We remain committed to providing appropriate information to all authorized investigations"

There was no immediate comment from Capital One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48102647
Old 30th April 2019, 04:50 AM   #760
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
Meh.

It's just his Superman Underoos riding up his butt crack.
Superman Underoos? Trump wouldn't settle for a #2 hero.

Trump wears Trump Underoos.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics