ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 03:59 AM   #881
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

OK, so after two years of hard work and each party trying their best to make the other party look as bad as possible, it’s time to get back to business. The Mueller Report strongly stated that there was No Collusion with Russia (of course) and, in fact, they were rebuffed.....

...at every turn in attempts to gain access. But now Republicans and Democrats must come together for the good of the American people. No more costly & time consuming investigations. Lets do Immigration (Border), Infrastructure, much lower drug prices & much more - and do it now!
Rule of So.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 04:19 AM   #882
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
Does it really say that?
No. On the contrary, it states that several members of the Trump campaign were eager and willing to accept foreign aid, but also that they were probably too stupid and/or ignorant to realise that it would be illegal to do so.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 04:44 AM   #883
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Trump Tweets...

The Mueller Report strongly stated that there was No Collusion with Russia (of course) and, in fact, they were rebuffed at every turn in attempts to gain access.
The latter part is demonstrably untrue. Manafort providing polling data to a Russian comes to mind.
Old 3rd May 2019, 04:52 AM   #884
Tolls
Illuminator

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
No. On the contrary, it states that several members of the Trump campaign were eager and willing to accept foreign aid, but also that they were probably too stupid and/or ignorant to realise that it would be illegal to do so.
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
The latter part is demonstrably untrue. Manafort providing polling data to a Russian comes to mind.
That's what I thought.
His lies really are quite extraordinary.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 05:32 AM   #885
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

The White House
@WhiteHouse

Happy National Space Day!
America is the best in space, and President @realDonaldTrump is making sure no other country can compete with our leadership. (link: http://45.wh.gov/4fMkEu) 45.wh.gov/4fMkEu

President @realDonaldTrump is fixing American trade to bring our steel and manufacturing jobs back HOME!

Maria Bartiromo
@MariaBartiromo

Facebook blacklists prominent Conservatives
This will become an imp & bigger story going into #2020 ⁦@GOPLeader @realDonaldTrump @MorningsMaria @FoxBusiness #vote harvesting

"I will declassify soon" - @POTUS

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 3rd May 2019 at 05:36 AM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 05:54 AM   #886
Ethan Thane Athen
Master Poster

Trump Retweeted

The White House
@WhiteHouse

Happy National Space Day!
America is the best in space, and President @realDonaldTrump is making sure no other country can compete with our leadership. (link: http://45.wh.gov/4fMkEu) 45.wh.gov/4fMkEu

President @realDonaldTrump is fixing American trade to bring our steel and manufacturing jobs back HOME!

Maria Bartiromo
@MariaBartiromo

This will become an imp & bigger story going into #2020 ⁦@GOPLeader @realDonaldTrump @MorningsMaria @FoxBusiness #vote harvesting

"I will declassify soon" - @POTUS
Trump's 'soon', always ends up being 'never' when it comes to evidence for his 'statements' ie 'lies'.
Ethan Thane Athen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:12 AM   #887
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
If you're talking about the My Pillow guy, Mike Lindell, maybe not so much.

In 2017 My Pillow joined the rather rarified but unhallowed ranks of companies with significant market penetration which have had their Better Business Bureau accreditation revoked for violating the BBB's Code of Advertising.

The year before that they paid more than $1million in penalties in a civil suit for deceptive practices and advertising.

I understand that other class action suits are floating around.
My extended family is solidly anti-Trump. Certain family members have been foisting My Pillow on me for years. I found the pillow to be entirely ordinary and we had good natured arguments. I now very much enjoy rubbing that twit in their faces.
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:39 AM   #888
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

That's what I thought.
He's been claiming that kind of thing pretty consistently, as it is. In Cohen's case, for example, Cohen stated that he didn't have proof of collusion, but that he thought that it was fairly likely and offered an anecdote in support of that. Trump claimed that Cohen said that there was no collusion. There have been plenty of other cases, I think, but such gets lost in the mess that Trump and his Trump Administration have been causing on so many fronts.
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:55 AM   #889
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
That's what I don't get. "NO OBSTRUCTION NO COLLUSION" but just forget about everything else that would be enough to bring any other president down.
The Teflon Donald.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:16 AM   #890
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

It should be noted that these "prominent Conservatives" are Alex Jones, host of right-wing conspiracy website InfoWars, its UK editor Paul Joseph Watson and ex-Breitbart News editor Milo Yiannopoulos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48142098

These are the "very fine people" that Trump has decided to champion.

No mention that Louis Farrakhan was also banned, of course.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:21 AM   #891
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It should be noted that these "prominent Conservatives" are Alex Jones, host of right-wing conspiracy website InfoWars, its UK editor Paul Joseph Watson and ex-Breitbart News editor Milo Yiannopoulos.

They also Breitbart's attempted congressional dream candidate turned Nazi, Paul Nehlen. At this point it needs to be pointed out that it took Facebook a year longer than Gab to ban him.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:39 AM   #892
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post

I think you need to clarify what "no mention" refers to? (ETA: Trump's tweet I think) Your link has him pictured right at the top of the page (and it has all along I think, I've seen the article before).

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 3rd May 2019 at 07:41 AM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:46 AM   #893
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

That's what I thought.

First Dog on the Moon
(comic strip) celebrates Trump's 10,000th lie. Worth a look
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:51 AM   #894
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post

First Dog on the Moon
(comic strip) celebrates Trump's 10,000th lie. Worth a look
Classic Thanks for that.
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:59 AM   #895
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
I think you need to clarify what "no mention" refers to? (ETA: Trump's tweet I think) Your link has him pictured right at the top of the page (and it has all along I think, I've seen the article before).

Yes, I thought that was clear, particularly in light of some of the other interesting omissions Trump's made lately.
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:25 AM   #896
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

We can all agree that AMERICA is now #1. We are the ENVY of the WORLD — and the best is yet to come!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:32 AM   #897
Belz...
Fiend God

Trump Tweets

We can all agree that AMERICA is now #1. We are the ENVY of the WORLD — and the best is yet to come!
He misspelled "laughing stock".

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:46 AM   #898
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I dunno if that captures it exactly.

I think it's more like living next door to that dysfunctional guy in the trailer home. It's funny when you can look out the window and see him arguing with the air about something stupid, with him drunk wearing a wifebeater shirt, boxer shorts, and black socks with his flip-flops.

Until you realize he's carrying a handgun, and his kids are inside the trailer, and his wife is giving him the thumbs up and several "right on!" comments. Then it's less laughing stock and more "Will he get help before he snaps, and how much damage will it cause?"
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:00 PM   #899
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It is well known that when you are obviously the best, you have to tell everyone because they have no way of knowing.
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:37 PM   #900
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Did you not notice that I was mentioning prosecutors and defendants, not Giuliani and Mueller?

That's called an analogy, and in this case the point is that the ends don't justify the means.
You don't need an analogy to point out that ends don't justify means. But you still haven't shown that the means are bad. Your analogy contained something which made the means bad, but now you're admitting that that part of the analogy isn't even applicable here. So your analogy basically serves no purpose, and you have failed to advance your argument. What has Giuliani done wrong here, and why is it wrong? Explain it directly, without the use of analogies.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 01:21 PM   #901
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Old 3rd May 2019, 01:23 PM   #902
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Had a long and very good conversation with President Putin of Russia. As I have always said, long before the Witch Hunt started, getting along with Russia, China, and everyone is a good thing, not a bad thing....

....We discussed Trade, Venezuela, Ukraine, North Korea, Nuclear Arms Control and even the “Russian Hoax.” Very productive talk!
Old 3rd May 2019, 01:30 PM   #903
Venom
Master Poster

Trump Tweets

Had a long and very good conversation with President Putin of Russia. As I have always said, long before the Witch Hunt started, getting along with Russia, China, and everyone is a good thing, not a bad thing....

....We discussed Trade, Venezuela, Ukraine, North Korea, Nuclear Arms Control and even the “Russian Hoax.” Very productive talk!
lol
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 02:24 PM   #904
Minoosh
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

Somehow I don't feel reassured.

You think Trump ever suspects that he's in over his head?

Also noticed this in a tweet: But now Republicans and Democrats must come together for the good of the American people. No more costly & time consuming investigations.

Does that mean he no longer wants to know about the oranges of the Mueller investigation? How many minutes until he reverses himself?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 02:32 PM   #905
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Somehow I don't feel reassured.

You think Trump ever suspects that he's in over his head?
Never - see the Trump is mentally ill thread.

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Also noticed this in a tweet: But now Republicans and Democrats must come together for the good of the American people. No more costly & time consuming investigations.

Does that mean he no longer wants to know about the oranges of the Mueller investigation? How many minutes until he reverses himself?
No, that's his completely compartmentalized thinking. Parts of his brain turn on and off and don't know what he says when he's using the other parts.
Old 3rd May 2019, 03:28 PM   #906
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

No, that's his completely compartmentalized thinking. Parts of his brain turn on and off and don't know what he says when he's using the other parts.
The Balkanization of Trump’s brain.

Great name for a band.
or an album.
Old 3rd May 2019, 03:38 PM   #907
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Never - see the Trump is mentally ill thread.

I swear - sometime soon I expect to see Trump with smoke coming out of his ears. His addled brain will obey its instinct for self-preservation, while his words will devolve into a mashup of syllables that will just barely clear the "danger to himself or others" bar.

It will happen in real time, while the whole world watches.

Last edited by Minoosh; 3rd May 2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: minor rewording
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:15 PM   #908
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The International Association of Firefighters Union is rebelling on their very foolish leader. Perhaps they will vote him out of office. He doesn’t get it!
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:16 PM   #909
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The wonderful Diamond and Silk have been treated so horribly by Facebook. They work so hard and what has been done to them is very sad - and we’re looking into. It’s getting worse and worse for Conservatives on social media!

So surprised to see Conservative thinkers like James Woods banned from Twitter, and Paul Watson banned from Facebook!

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 3rd May 2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:15 PM   #910
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The wonderful Diamond and Silk have been treated so horribly by Facebook. They work so hard and what has been done to them is very sad - and we’re looking into. It’s getting worse and worse for Conservatives on social media!

So surprised to see Conservative thinkers like James Woods banned from Twitter, and Paul Watson banned from Facebook!
When I saw that name I'd hoped it was the Whale Wars guy.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:50 PM   #911
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

So Putin parted Trump's hair. Trump parted Barr's hair. It seems like we know who us really in charge of the presidency.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 05:36 AM   #912
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets
Quote:
The Dues Sucking firefighters leadership will always support Democrats, even though the membership wants me. Some things never change! Time magazine link
As the leadership of the union, IAFF, has acknowledged, there is a lot of support for Donald Trump within the membership but polling has shown more support for Biden. IAFF president Harold Schaitberger said of Biden, “He runs in the middle of the political spectrum on a worker-focused platform — and that’s where we have to be a strong voice.” As for Trump's inflammatory and insulting comments:
Quote:
“I’m just going to continue to communicate out what we do and not directly respond to unpleasant and unseemly and inaccurate tweets,” Harold Schaitberger, president of the International Association of Fire Fighters, tells TIME.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 07:03 AM   #913
Stacyhs
Philosopher

[quote=newyorkguy;12684551]Trump Tweets

Quote:
The Dues Sucking firefighters leadership will always support Democrats, even though the membership wants me. Some things never change!
I've never seen a person so emotionally needy in my life as Donnie.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 07:05 AM   #914
Mongrel
Begging for Scraps

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
The Balkanization of Trump’s brain.

Great name for a band.
or an album.
Sounds far too prog for me
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” - Charles Darwin

...like so many contemporary philosophers he especially enjoyed giving helpful advice to people who were happier than he was. - Tom Lehrer
Mongrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 07:25 AM   #915
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Trump having another normal Saturday retweeting Infowars conspiracy clowns and white nationalists.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 08:48 AM   #916
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post

“The ‘elite’ proclaim that America must convert to Islam or else.”
WTF?
We have a president repeating this nonsense.

I suppose it could be worse. Right now he doesn’t believe it; he is just doing it for the attention and to please his base.
Old 4th May 2019, 09:34 AM   #917
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

There is nothing easy about a USA Infrastructure Plan, especially when our great Country has spent an astounding 7 trillion dollars in the Middle East over the last 19 years, but I am looking hard at a bipartisan plan of 1 to 2 trillion dollars. Badly needed!
Old 4th May 2019, 09:35 AM   #918
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

‏@DeepStateExpose
Retweet: The 'elite' proclaim America must submit to Islam or else!!! #Trump2020

Eric Trump
‏Verified account
@EricTrump
Great being with the team at @TrumpGolfPhilly! Such an unbelievable course and property! This is truly one of #TomFazios greatest masterpieces! #TrumpGolf – at Trump National Golf Club
Old 4th May 2019, 09:37 AM   #919
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

When will the Radical Left Wing Media apologize to me for knowingly getting the Russia Collusion Delusion story so wrong? The real story is about to happen! Why is @nytimes, @washingtonpost, @CNN, @MSNBC allowed to be on Twitter & Facebook. Much of what they do is FAKE NEWS!

Anything in this very interesting world is possible, but I believe that Kim Jong Un fully realizes the great economic potential of North Korea, & will do nothing to interfere or end it. He also knows that I am with him & does not want to break his promise to me. Deal will happen!

Very good call yesterday with President Putin of Russia. Tremendous potential for a good/great relationship with Russia, despite what you read and see in the Fake News Media. Look how they have misled you on “Russia Collusion.” The World can be a better and safer place. Nice!
Old 4th May 2019, 09:42 AM   #920
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Paul Joseph Watson
‏Verified account
@PrisonPlanet
The support for me has been incredible. This could actually lead to some genuine change. Keep up the pressure. Don't let it rest.
“Dangerous”. My opinions? Or giving a handful of giant partisan corporations the power to decide who has free speech?
You decide.

Sharyl Attkisson
‏Verified account
@SharylAttkisson
When did we quit teaching/understanding that free speech means protecting the distasteful, lest we open the door for govt/3d parties to decide that whatever they oppose is "distasteful" and therefore to be banned? #SlipperySlope

When did we decide, as Americans, that it's ok fo govt & 3d parties to censor/ curate our info? That we cannot be trusted with unfiltered info? That we shd only be able to find info that *they* tell us is true on matters that are opinion or in legitimate dispute? #SlipperySlope

Jeremy Boreing
‏@JeremyDBoreing
Those suggesting Facebook can ban anyone for any reason because they are a private company do not understand the platform/publisher distinction or the special legal protections afforded the former.

Mindy Robinson
‏Verified account
@iheartmindy
So James Woods was kicked off Twitter for quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson...but @TalbertSwan the racist fake man of God, that’s SUPPOSED to be permanently banned for hate speech is back on? What have you to say @jack @Twitter ?

Charlie Kirk
‏Verified account
@charliekirk11
BOOM:
Despite horrendous media treatment coverage Trump stands at 51% approval rating!
They tried to defame him
They tried to defeat him
They tried to displace him
They tried to overthrow him
They tried to remove him
He won
We won
America won
We will win again in 2020!

Students For Trump
‏Verified account
@TrumpStudents
With President Trump leading us, America is a BETTER and SAFER place
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics