ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 02:22 PM   #961
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The misspelled "Kentuky" Tweet was deleted and corrected. I guess that also deletes the replies saying what a dumbass The PDJT is. Still, there's 14K replies on the new one.
Old 5th May 2019, 02:56 PM   #962
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

For 10 months, China has been paying Tariffs to the USA of 25% on 50 Billion Dollars of High Tech, and 10% on 200 Billion Dollars of other goods. These payments are partially responsible for our great economic results. The 10% will go up to 25% on Friday. 325 Billions Dollars....

....of additional goods sent to us by China remain untaxed, but will be shortly, at a rate of 25%. The Tariffs paid to the USA have had little impact on product cost, mostly borne by China. The Trade Deal with China continues, but too slowly, as they attempt to renegotiate. No!
I'm sure China will not fight those tariff increases very hard because it's not them paying, as we know. They will play Donny like a cheap Hillbilly fiddle, put up a token resistance, and let him think he's won again.

Also has Donny realised that's where his so-called tax-cuts are going? To pay for his tariff increases? I'm betting he has no idea himself. This is financial management - he has little guys in yarmulkes to do that for him. So who is his financial wizz-kid? Miller?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 03:19 PM   #963
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

And so it begins...

Old 5th May 2019, 03:28 PM   #964
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
So these hypocrites would just arbitrarily ignore and override the same god-given US constitution that they would shoot people with their god-given legal guns to protect if someone else did this? Because they are a little bit peeved about what people said about them and that they are being investigated?

I have an alternative for them: A swift kick in the nuts to instill some sort of reconnection with reality.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 03:34 PM   #965
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
So these hypocrites would just arbitrarily ignore and override the same god-given US constitution that they would shoot people with their god-given legal guns to protect if someone else did this? Because they are a little bit peeved about what people said about them and that they are being investigated?

I have an alternative for them: A swift kick in the nuts to instill some sort of reconnection with reality.
...This is the state of Republican propaganda. They tell people that black is white and those who wish it were true choose to believe it. This isn't quite new, but the sheer brazenness of it has very much increased since Trump.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:05 PM   #966
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Several friends of mine who have ties to the horse racing community are laughing their asses off at the thought that said community could be in any way “politically correct”.
Not only does it show him - yet again - to be the ignorant pig he is, the idea of that fat slug talking about horse racing makes me laugh anyway. He's too fat to sit on anything smaller than a shire, and I reckon even one of those would think twice.

I do have to wonder how people who voted for him can look themselves in the mirror. National embarrassment doesn't begin to come close.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:05 PM   #967
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Despite the tremendous success that I have had as President, including perhaps the greatest ECONOMY and most successful first two years of any President in history, they have stollen two years of my (our) Presidency (Collusion Delusion) that we will never be able to get back.....

....The Witch Hunt is over but we will never forget. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 04:20 PM   #968
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
...This is the state of Republican propaganda. They tell people that black is white and those who wish it were true choose to believe it. This isn't quite new, but the sheer brazenness of it has very much increased since Trump.
IOW, Trump is dragging people along into his mental illness with him.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:27 PM   #969
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Despite the tremendous success that I have had as President, including perhaps the greatest ECONOMY and most successful first two years of any President in history, they have stollen two years of my (our) Presidency (Collusion Delusion) that we will never be able to get back.....

"stollen"

Old 5th May 2019, 06:01 PM   #970
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Pending the confirmation of Mark Morgan as our Nation’s new ICE Director, Matt Albence will serve in the role of Acting Director. Matt is tough and dedicated and has my full support to deploy ICE to the maximum extent of the law! #MAGA
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 06:27 PM   #971
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Trump Tweets

The Kentuky Derby decision was not a good one. It was a rough and tumble race on a wet and sloppy track, actually, a beautiful thing to watch. Only in these days of political correctness could such an overturn occur. The best horse did NOT win the Kentucky Derby - not even close!

Has anyone figured out what the hell "political correctness" has to do with the Derby?

Does he think it was some sort of Equal Opportunity Employment call or something?

ADA, mebbe?

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 06:29 PM   #972
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Trump Tweets

Pending the confirmation of Mark Morgan as our Nation’s new ICE Director, Matt Albence will serve in the role of Acting Director. Matt is tough and dedicated and has my full support to deploy ICE to the maximum extent of the law! #MAGA

I wonder if he remembers that he kicked out Morgan as head of the Border Patrol when he was cleaning house of all those nasty Obama appointments two years ago.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 06:32 PM   #973
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
The traffic jam couldn’t kill the elderly and weak as much as President Petty’s hateful actions.

Why are they afraid to pass a bill that the president claims he will veto?

I don't think it's "they". I think it's McConnell.

Old 5th May 2019, 06:38 PM   #974
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
"stollen"

Mmm. Rather than that, perhaps they should consider reparations for all the time that the Republicans have wasted for Democratic Presidents with their utter nonsense, rather than demand reparations for what has been clearly shown to be very valid and well founded concerns.
Old 5th May 2019, 08:12 PM   #975
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

"stollen"

Ja, ja. Stollen mit die raisins und nuts.
Old 5th May 2019, 09:36 PM   #976
leonAzul
Illuminator

Ach ja, Stollen. Bunte Errinerungen an meiner Grossmutti und ihrem Gebäck.

Hei diri Drumpf, Drumpf,
Diri,
Hei diri!

Voran der Trommelbube, er schlägt die Trommel gut…

"No man should have to clean up after another man's dog."
- Gerald Ford
leonAzul is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 09:40 PM   #977
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Trump Tweets

Ah, but.... he's not a True Believer so he better watch his back.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 09:41 PM   #978
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Ah yes, when we were young! Look back with fondness at all those stollen moments...
Old 5th May 2019, 09:45 PM   #979
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Has anyone figured out what the hell "political correctness" has to do with the Derby?

Does he think it was some sort of Equal Opportunity Employment call or something?

ADA, mebbe?
Since he can't remember the name of the state (merely his henchman, Mitch's home state) he probably sees "Lexington" and thinks it's Mass., that hot bed of liberalism. The idea that the good old boys who run the elitist gathering at Churchill Downs would do something PC is simply from another planet.

I think, to be fair, he just got his memes mixed up. PC is second cousin to "soyboys" and other assorted Manly Men fantasies of right wingers.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 09:50 PM   #980
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Since he can't remember the name of the state (merely his henchman, Mitch's home state) he probably sees "Lexington" and thinks it's Mass., that hot bed of liberalism. The idea that the good old boys who run the elitist gathering at Churchill Downs would do something PC is simply from another planet.

I think, to be fair, he just got his memes mixed up. PC is second cousin to "soyboys" and other assorted Manly Men fantasies of right wingers.
Trump is a dumb mafioso. So "political correctness" is his way of saying that the fix that was in got foiled.
Old 5th May 2019, 09:55 PM   #981
fuelair
Banned

Let them both eat fake cake. And, say, can anyone say Guillotine??? (He was a doctor in the past).
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 09:58 PM   #982
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Not only does it show him - yet again - to be the ignorant pig he is, the idea of that fat slug talking about horse racing makes me laugh anyway. He's too fat to sit on anything smaller than a shire, and I reckon even one of those would think twice.

I do have to wonder how people who voted for him can look themselves in the mirror. National embarrassment doesn't begin to come close.
Hey, don't insult pigs like that - they give us the joy of barbecue. Slugs, on the other hand...……………...yep they fit with republickers.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 09:59 PM   #983
fuelair
Banned

Trump Tweets

How many have noted the misspelling of GRATE in that?
Old 5th May 2019, 10:05 PM   #984
fuelair
Banned

Ah yes, when we were young! Look back with fondness at all those stollen moments...
And, speaking of stollen:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2047642

Last edited by fuelair; 5th May 2019 at 10:06 PM.
Old 6th May 2019, 01:06 AM   #985
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
What ruse? There was no attempt to disguise the survey as anything other than coming from the Republican Party.
Yes, there was.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th May 2019, 02:12 AM   #986
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Don't forget the marzipan!
Old 6th May 2019, 02:13 AM   #987
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
No, you didn't. You used a lousy analogy to raise the possibility that it could be wrong, but did nothing to indicate that it was actually wrong.
No, I used an analogy to explain it further. I explained why prior to that. After that you're the one who pretended that using shady means to get true information is a-ok. The analogy was meant to show that you were not correct. That's why court cases often get thrown out because of violations by the authorities.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th May 2019, 03:56 AM   #988
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Rhymes with "swollen".

ADA, mebbe?
I think it was disappointment that he now can't say "Maximum Security is Number 1!!!" We have to settle for "Country House".
Old 6th May 2019, 05:01 AM   #989
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Trump said, of his discussion with Putin, “We discussed, he sort of smiled when he said something to the effect that it started off as a mountain and it ended up being a mouse, but he knew that, because he knew there was no collusion whatsoever, so pretty much that’s what it was.”

IT WAS A PHONE CALL!*

I did not catch that, but it was featured on Morning Joe, and is all over news sites now.

*unless it was a FaceTime call, or equivalent, but no such allegation has been made.
Old 6th May 2019, 05:05 AM   #990
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Rhymes with "swollen".
No, it was actually swollen...sometimes.
Old 6th May 2019, 05:24 AM   #991
Belz...
Fiend God

Trump said, of his discussion with Putin, “We discussed, he sort of smiled when he said something to the effect that it started off as a mountain and it ended up being a mouse, but he knew that, because he knew there was no collusion whatsoever, so pretty much that’s what it was.”
Given how much the man lies, and how many times he said there was no collusion, there probably was quite a bit of it.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th May 2019, 05:26 AM   #992
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Given how much the man lies, and how many times he said there was no collusion, there probably was quite a bit of it.
I always wonder how Trump’s presidency will be remembered. Of course, future events could effect that, but for now, I think his legacy could be “The president who just said stuff”.
Old 6th May 2019, 05:49 AM   #993
Worm
Master Poster

ETA:
oops - wrong thread

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th May 2019, 05:52 AM   #994
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

ADA, mebbe?
Equine Opportunity, perhaps?

Hans
Old 6th May 2019, 05:53 AM   #995
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Equine Opportunity, perhaps?

Hans
Very clever, Hans!
Old 6th May 2019, 06:07 AM   #996
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The United States has been losing, for many years, 600 to 800 Billion Dollars a year on Trade. With China we lose 500 Billion Dollars. Sorry, we’re not going to be doing that anymore!
Old 6th May 2019, 07:30 AM   #997
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Scott Walker is 100% correct when he says that the Republicans must WAKE UP to the Democrats State by State power grab. They play very dirty, actually, like never before. Don’t allow them to get away with what they are doing!
Old 6th May 2019, 07:31 AM   #998
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Scott Walker Tweets in reply to Trump

Scott Walker
@ScottWalker

15m Replying to @realDonaldTrump
GOP must stand up and fight back to stop the Democrats’ “sue until it’s blue” strategy. If we want to continue to be able to implement our pro-growth agenda we need to make sure Republican candidates have the opportunity to make that case to voters across the country.
Old 6th May 2019, 07:33 AM   #999
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Puerto Rico has been given more money by Congress for Hurricane Disaster Relief, 91 Billion Dollars, than any State in the history of the U.S. As an example, Florida got $12 Billion & Texas $39 Billion for their monster hurricanes. Now the Democrats are saying NO Relief to......

....Alabama, Iowa, Nebraska, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and others unless much more money is given to Puerto Rico. The Dems don’t want farmers to get any help. Puerto Rico should be very happy and the Dems should stop blocking much needed Disaster Relief!
Old 6th May 2019, 07:43 AM   #1000
Worm
Master Poster

Trump Tweets

Puerto Rico has been given more money by Congress for Hurricane Disaster Relief, 91 Billion Dollars, than any State in the history of the U.S.
And some quick checking suggests that, perhaps unsurprisingly, there is little fact behind this statement.

The $91b figure has apparently been aggregated from funding already allocated ($41b) and future estimates of funding that may be required ($50b)

Of the $41b allocated, only $11.2b has actually been spent.

And government estimates put the spending on, for instance, Hurricane Katrina at roughly $120b.

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics