ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th May 2019, 12:56 AM   #401
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Dear god...you're doubling down...

I'll try this again: what we would call a 'normal' person would see a kid, who appears to be minding his own business, menaced by a pretty clearly violent man, and we might sat to ourselves 'hey, maybe this throwing food at nazi types isn't such a hot idea. Things could actually get pretty ugly, pretty quick'.

But no: you go all Bill and Ted and think it's epic and awesome to see a child threatened. Not even a nazi child, which might be arguable. A kid being credibly threatened by an unhinged adult is epic and awesome.

If you can't see how screwed up it is for you to be cheering this, there's really nothing more to say.
The kid was not throwing anything.
Old 5th May 2019, 12:57 AM   #402
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Inorite? Duuuuuuude, did you see the kid get threatened to have his teeth punched out by the nazi? Wasn't that just totally AWESOME?
Yet the Nazi threatening millions of their fellow citizens is just hunourous.
Old 5th May 2019, 01:55 AM   #403
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
"wannabe"? What makes someone a wannabe Nazi rather than a Nazi?

I can think of just one example:

Quote:
Massaquoi was one of the few blacks that lived in Nazi Germany. Unsurprisingly given the Nazis' intolerance of minorities, he experienced rejection from the Hitlerjugend (Hitler Youth Movement) as well as the local playground after learning they were not open to 'non-Aryans'.
Story of Growing Up Black in Nazi Germany Comes to TV (DW, Sep. 30, 2006)

The other so-called wannabe Nazis are actual ones.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 02:03 AM   #404
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

You seem to forget that promptly after you were bemoaning about people for making stuff up you then launched into making stuff up. Mote, eyes and beams come to mind.
Geezes Darat

It is called pointing out how dumb it is by demonstrating it
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 02:04 AM   #405
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

An actual association with a proven Nazi ideological political group
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 02:06 AM   #406
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Mainly because I don't care what he is.

He is obviously a scummy racist dude holding a flag on a street

But why exactly does this justify some random throwing something at another persons head?

Has he not heard of ringing the police?

I'm guessing they have but the police wouldn't do anything as the scum is not doing anything unlawful.

Only throwing things at heads dude (??? '... at dude's head'???? dann) is

You still get it completely wrong, and I don't see why it's so difficult. Let me show you how it's done and FTFY:

Mainly because I don't care what he is.

He is obviously a scummy racist dude Nazi holding a flag on a street

But why exactly does this justify some random throwing something an egg at another persons a Nazi's head?

Has he not heard of ringing the police?

I'm guessing they have but the police wouldn't do anything as the scum Nazi is not doing anything unlawful.

Only throwing things an egg at heads dude a Nazi's head is

See how easy it is?!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 02:08 AM   #407
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by dann View Post
You still get it completely wrong, and I don't see why it's so difficult. Let me show you how it's done and FTFY:

See how easy it is?!
I hate to break it to you but your changes, don't change my post

Old 5th May 2019, 02:09 AM   #408
dann
Philosopher

This seems to solve the problem, Darat: You should always ask a Nazi to show some ID before you egg him!
Old 5th May 2019, 02:14 AM   #409
dann
Philosopher

I hate to break it to you but your changes, don't change my post

Yes, it does. Otherwise, you wouldn't consistently rephrase the title of this thread, Another Nazi egged, into:
Random law-breaker throws things at law-abiding person's head.

Last edited by dann; 5th May 2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old 5th May 2019, 02:15 AM   #410
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

This seems to solve the problem, Darat: You should always ask a Nazi to show some ID before you egg him!
OK

That was probably a bit specific

Not just a racist idiot standing on a street who obviously has no mates

Old 5th May 2019, 02:19 AM   #411
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Yes, it does. Otherwise, you wouldn't consistently rephrase the title of this thread, Another Nazi egged, into:
Random law-breaker throws things at law-abiding citizen's head.
Well no it doesn't

The difference between your view and mine is I see one idiot throwing an egg at another idiot's scums head who is standing on a street waving a flag

You see (forgive me if I am wrong) a hero fighting for some sort of cause against some modern day version of a Nazi underground force

Old 5th May 2019, 02:32 AM   #412
dann
Philosopher

You're improving, but you're not quite there yet. I'll give you points for getting egg right this time, though. However (and forgive me for ignoring your "I see" and correcting it as if you hadn't made it clear that you are stressing your own bias):

Well no it doesn't

The difference between your view and mine is I see one idiot someone throwing an egg at another idiot's scums a Nazi's head who is standing on a street waving a flag

You see (forgive me if I am wrong) a hero fighting for some sort of cause against some modern day version of a Nazi underground force somebody egging a Nazi

... as the title of the OP said so succinctly. It's so easy once you've learned the principle.
Old 5th May 2019, 02:37 AM   #413
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Nope

Still doesn't change my post

I hate to break it to you but even if you believe this piece of crap waving a flag is a real Nazi who will actually do something about it.

Guess what

It is still a person standing on a street who has the same rights not to have things thrown at his head.

Please point out where he isn't as your beginning to get boring

Old 5th May 2019, 02:40 AM   #414
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Actually let's go the whole hog

He is a bona fide Nazi killer and in his head he is moments away from killing someone

Please explain how it is lawful to throw something at his head for waving a flag

Old 5th May 2019, 02:48 AM   #415
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That seems a bit arse about tit. Did you mean the opposite?
Old 5th May 2019, 02:55 AM   #416
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

That seems a bit arse about tit. Did you mean the opposite?
Yeah. Was a bit of a hash

I just think there is a difference between actual violent hate groups and idiots fixated with stuff, standing on street corners.

Old 5th May 2019, 03:06 AM   #417
dann
Philosopher

Actually let's go the whole hog

He is a bona fide Nazi killer and in his head he is moments away from killing someone

Please explain how it is lawful to throw something at his head for waving a flag

Man! Now you're not only back at throwing "something", but you've also invented a new reason for egging the Nazi: "for waving a flag". Where did you get that idea?!
And why do you want somebody (me?) to "explain how it is lawful"???
I've never claimed that it's "lawful", and I've never cared.

Last edited by dann; 5th May 2019 at 03:09 AM.
Old 5th May 2019, 03:38 AM   #418
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Man! Now you're not only back at throwing "something", but you've also invented a new reason for egging the Nazi: "for waving a flag". Where did you get that idea?!
And why do you want somebody (me?) to "explain how it is lawful"???
I've never claimed that it's "lawful", and I've never cared.
I think the bit we are missing here is neither do I.

All I was saying is it is an act of violence because people were claiming it wasn't because he is a Nazi

You might want to relook at my post saying I don't care if he got hit by a vehicle, trod on by a horse and smashed into by the AB forward pack

Old 5th May 2019, 03:40 AM   #419
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Call it me just being pedantic.

Old 5th May 2019, 03:53 AM   #420
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Exactly. UK is clown country. They are so obsessed with "nazis" and other "right-wing" boogeymen they allowed Muslim gangs to rape thousands of girls while the police were knocking down citizens doors looking for "the next Hitler."

What could go wrong seeing a "nazi" in every corner? It's not like an innocent Asian man could be assaulted.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Oh, here we go.
Old 5th May 2019, 03:55 AM   #421
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
In other news, Tommy Robinson supporters are now intimidated by McDonald's cups. I think that's pretty awesome.
It's absolutely beautiful.
Old 5th May 2019, 03:57 AM   #422
dann
Philosopher

I think the bit we are missing here is neither do I.

All I was saying is it is an act of violence because people were claiming it wasn't because he is a Nazi

You might want to relook at my post saying I don't care if he got hit by a vehicle, trod on by a horse and smashed into by the AB forward pack

Do you have a link to somebody claiming that it isn't an act of violence because he's a Nazi? I remember people claiming that egging somebody isn't an act of violence, and I've said that I would consider it an act of soiling rather than of violence: In the video I see somebody egging a Nazi from behind. (I don't know if it's because the egg guy is being considerate and wants to avoid any eggshell-eyeball contact.)
Old 5th May 2019, 04:02 AM   #423
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Exactly. UK is clown country. They are so obsessed with "nazis" and other "right-wing" boogeymen they allowed Muslim gangs to rape thousands of girls while the police were knocking down citizens doors looking for "the next Hitler."

What could go wrong seeing a "nazi" in every corner? It's not like an innocent Asian man could be assaulted.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Oh, here we go.

You know, Baylor probably has a copy of the license to rape that the UK police issued to the Muslim gangs. They allow Bond to kill, so it can't be difficult for them to allow Muslim gangs to rape.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:03 AM   #424
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

...quintupling down...I just can't...i don't...hm...

I can only interpret your current argument a few different ways:

1. You got carried away cheering on your team, such as it is, and are still mindlessly trying to score points
2. You know you made a mistake, but won't admit it
3. You genuinely are the most precious of princesses and genuinely do not understand that things can go very bad and it's not a flipping movie where people waltz away unscathed when starting street confrontations
This is your problem right here. You think that politics is the same as rooting for your favorite sportsball team, or arguing over what TV show is better.

Amazing stuff.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:04 AM   #425
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Do you have a link to somebody claiming that it isn't an act of violence because he's a Nazi? I remember people claiming that egging somebody isn't an act of violence, and I've said that I would consider it an act of soiling rather than of violence: In the video I see somebody egging a Nazi from behind. (I don't know if it's because the egg guy is being considerate and wants to avoid any eggshell-eyeball contact.)
Well you are still claiming it isn't an act of violence in this post so it is a bit irrelevant.

I tell you what

Do you have kids.

I have a couple of nephews

Lets meet up and throw eggs at their heads and ask my BiL whether he thinks it's an act of violence

Old 5th May 2019, 04:07 AM   #426
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

You know, Baylor probably has a copy of the license to rape that the UK police issued to the Muslim gangs. They allow Bond to kill, so it can't be difficult for them to allow Muslim gangs to rape.
Oh, definitely.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:08 AM   #427
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Well you are still claiming it isn't an act of violence in this post so it is a bit irrelevant.

I tell you what

Do you have kids.

I have a couple of nephews

Lets meet up and throw eggs at their heads and ask my BiL whether he thinks it's an act of violence
Are your nephews advocating genocide? Do they wish for a racially pure ethno-state?

If they do, your BiL has clearly failed as a parent, and who cares how angry he gets when they are egged.

Last edited by Lambchops; 5th May 2019 at 04:13 AM.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 04:10 AM   #428
dann
Philosopher

... because that's the obvious way of determining if it is, right?!
Old 5th May 2019, 04:11 AM   #429
dann
Philosopher

Are your nephews advocating for ethnic cleansing?

Probably not, but after the egging I would probably advocate dry cleaning!
Old 5th May 2019, 04:11 AM   #430
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Are your nephews advocating for ethnic cleansing?
Thank you for showing my point

Old 5th May 2019, 04:14 AM   #431
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Back to you dann

Who needs to bother trawling through 11 pages when you can make one post and it happens

Old 5th May 2019, 04:16 AM   #432
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Thank you for showing my point
You have no point.

You are literally trying to defend nazism.

Last edited by Lambchops; 5th May 2019 at 04:18 AM.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2019, 04:19 AM   #433
dann
Philosopher

Who needs to bother trawling through 11 pages when you can make one post and it happens

Oh, so it's a question of comprehension! You actually think that I say that it isn't an act of violence to egg a Nazi because he's a Nazi. OK, that made it clear for me.

Last edited by dann; 5th May 2019 at 04:20 AM.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:19 AM   #434
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

You have no point.
I have the point I was pointing out pointedly, which is frankly a bit pointless as it is kind of an irrelevant pointless nothing story, as all these never ending pointless videos are

Old 5th May 2019, 04:21 AM   #435
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

I have the point I was pointing out pointedly, which is frankly a bit pointless as it is kind of an irrelevant pointless nothing story, as all these never ending pointless videos are
Again, you are literally trying to defend nazis. Not a good look, is it?
Old 5th May 2019, 04:25 AM   #436
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Again, you are literally trying to defend nazis. Not a good look, is it?
That theory only works if you haven't read my posts

THE GUY WITH THE FLAG IS RACIST SCUM WHO I WOULDN'T CARE IF HE DIED HORRIBLY.

This doesn't change the fact throwing something at some ones head is an act of violence

Old 5th May 2019, 04:29 AM   #437
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

That theory only works if you haven't read my posts

This doesn't change the fact throwing something at some ones head is an act of violence
Are you a pacifist?
Old 5th May 2019, 04:29 AM   #438
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I do not personally go nazi hunting, but I can see how numerous people feel that someone espousing a murderous genocidal program* could be worthy of an egging or milkshaking. I don't know where you (or Varwoche) grew up but both were common all over the USA and still are. They are more emotionally violent than physically violent.
I posed questions to you and you passed. I'm not complaining about that, but it was an opportunity for you to directly engage with me if you're interested in my perspective on things.

I grew up in the SF bay area but I've lived in WA state for the past few decades. Neo nazi activity isn't abstract in this part of the country.

Just because nazis are worthy doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Commonness of a practice isn't persuasive to me.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:33 AM   #439
dann
Philosopher

This is another point where we disagree: I would much rather have the Nazi understand what's wrong with white supremacism: Rising Out of Hatred: The Awakening of a Former White Nationalist.
And I have a really hard time understanding why you "WOULDN'T CARE IF HE DIED HORRIBLY", and yet you get really upset because somebody egged him ....

If I ever met him, I would throw this at him!

Last edited by dann; 5th May 2019 at 04:36 AM.
Old 5th May 2019, 04:38 AM   #440
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Are you a pacifist?
No.

I'm just pointing out facts.

If you want to pretend violence isn't violence when the person getting it falls into some category to make it feel more warm and fluffy go for it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events