IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 8th May 2018, 04:48 AM   #1161
Drewbot
Philosopher

Wow. A whole page devoted to tree breaks. http://sasquatchinvestigations.org/b...reak-pictures/

They even name the different kinds of tree breaks.

A Fenceline Break

A Sentinel Tree.

This is my favorite part, when the Bigfoot opens their tent while they are getting supplies 'in town' and puts pine branches in the tent.

Quote:
In that same year of 2010, we had left our camp for supplies in town and returned 3 hours later to find our tent unzipped and a small clump of similar branches left by our wood stove inside the tent.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2018, 09:43 AM   #1162
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

As seen in an Idiot's Guide to Bigfoot Idiocy.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 8th May 2018 at 09:45 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2018, 12:03 PM   #1163
herrdocjdm
Thinker

Tree breaks, who believes that crap? Now this guy is onto the tricksie squatches. They use blue plastic bags to communicate. And he has video evidence from some parking lots in suburban Pennsylvania to prove it!

Just be warned, this guy has gone DEFCON 1 on the CrayCray scale.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by herrdocjdm; 8th May 2018 at 12:06 PM.
herrdocjdm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2018, 01:12 PM   #1164
dmaker
Graduate Poster

The blue bag theory is the hallmark of Dr.Squatch from that hilarious fail pit, bigfootevidence.blogspot.ca

He's really quite troubled in the head, imo. There is some comedic value in looking at his photos of shadows and trees, and blue bags, and what not, but when you stop to consider he actually believes this stuff, it becomes more sobering.

There is also a youtube video where he persuades his nephew to claim seeing bigfoot. It's all more troubling than it is funny.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2018, 08:06 AM   #1165
Drewbot
Philosopher

There is a debate about the effectiveness of camoflage over at BFF.

I personally think Camo is useless for hunting Bigfoot.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2018, 08:43 AM   #1166
GT/CS
Illuminator

But it’s great for getting shot and killed by an overzealous hunter.
Old 9th May 2018, 09:46 AM   #1167
Maldon
Thinker

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
DWA is not active in the premium section.

I am not a member of any political party in Canada, but I guess I would identify as holding liberal values. Also, I am very anti Trump. These two things make me stand out like a sore thumb in the premium section of the BFF. Liberals are despised by everyone there and Trump is a hero. Just by mentioning that I am pro-choice, got me accused of wishing for babies to be chopped up and sold for profit. Those folks are Trumps base. Very much so.
That's not surprising. Actually would have been shocked had it been otherwise.
Old 9th May 2018, 01:58 PM   #1168
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by herrdocjdm View Post
Tree breaks, who believes that crap?
Scroll down a bit to see a photo of one such rube, desperately clinging to the back of a turnip truck.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2018, 02:31 PM   #1169
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Bwahahahaha!

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 08:07 AM   #1170
Drewbot
Philosopher

Don't we have a bigfooter here from northern Minnesota?

Here is an article about a couple of the Northern MN Bigfooters.

Note: One guy wears camo, and when he gets to camp, sprays insect repellent, gives out a bigfoot call, and bangs a stick against a tree... saying "Now Bigfoot knows we're here"...

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/0...hern-minnesota

No mention of the Good-N-Plenti incident however.

Last edited by Drewbot; 10th May 2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10th May 2018, 09:01 AM   #1171
BayWatcher
Scholar

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Don't we have a bigfooter here from northern Minnesota?

Note: One guy wears camo, and when he gets to camp, sprays insect repellent, gives out a bigfoot call, and bangs a stick against a tree... saying "Now Bigfoot knows we're here"...

No mention of the Good-N-Plenti incident however.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...673/5lMrve.jpg

Dude has a utility belt! He's Batman!

Last edited by BayWatcher; 10th May 2018 at 09:03 AM.
BayWatcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 09:20 AM   #1172
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Quote:
I mean what a paradise for Bigfoot," he says. "There's no human traffic. You've got food, you've got shelter. It's just like a grocery store and nobody's there.
Who does he think cut the logging road or operated the game preserve? I'd bet if they looked around they'd discover they're camping on an abandoned homestead, maybe even find the remains of a moldering Model T. It's amazing how little bigfooters know about the natural history of these "bigfoot paradises" where they car camp, hit trees, and sit around in lawn chairs and smoke.

WS
Old 10th May 2018, 10:38 AM   #1173
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Who does he think cut the logging road or operated the game preserve? I'd bet if they looked around they'd discover they're camping on an abandoned homestead, maybe even find the remains of a moldering Model T. It's amazing how little bigfooters know about the natural history of these "bigfoot paradises" where they car camp, hit trees, and sit around in lawn chairs and smoke.
I think the footer's definition of wilderness is any place more than 200 yards from the nearest 7-11.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 12:42 PM   #1174
The Shrike
Philosopher

Equally accurate headlines:

"Searching for Bigfoot in Northern Minnesota"

"Two Dudes Meet in Woods for Role-Playing Games"
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2018, 01:38 PM   #1175
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
I think laughed at that the rest of the day yesterday. True comedy gold.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 04:14 AM   #1176
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

"He lights a cigarette"

Boy these guys really know how to bring the wildlife close...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 08:38 PM   #1177
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

I stumbled upon this gem from a bona fide BF researcher today. He must be the real deal, he runs a website and he's all organized and whatnot:

You do not know me well enough to evaluate my rationality and grasp of reality. Why don't you attack my mother since mothers day is coming up and you don't know her either? While I have given a blanket invitation to skeptics, I reserve the right to be selective. The last thing I want is to be out in the woods with someone so tied to a belief system, that they freak out during a bigfoot encounter and do something that gets us both killed. You are one of those and not invited. I have a female relative that I prefer not to do field work with just because I am unsure how she would react during an encounter. She does not do well during domestic emergencies.

Skeptics. Apparently we freak out during 'encounters' and we cost lives.

Shame on all of us
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 09:14 PM   #1178
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
I stumbled upon this gem from a bona fide BF researcher today. He must be the real deal, he runs a website and he's all organized and whatnot:

You do not know me well enough to evaluate my rationality and grasp of reality. Why don't you attack my mother since mothers day is coming up and you don't know her either? While I have given a blanket invitation to skeptics, I reserve the right to be selective. The last thing I want is to be out in the woods with someone so tied to a belief system, that they freak out during a bigfoot encounter and do something that gets us both killed. You are one of those and not invited. I have a female relative that I prefer not to do field work with just because I am unsure how she would react during an encounter. She does not do well during domestic emergencies.

Skeptics. Apparently we freak out during 'encounters' and we cost lives.

Shame on all of us
There are no bigfoot to encounter and thus, no reason for anyone to freak out. The problem this enthusiast needs to worry about is when a fellow bigfoot enthusiast forgets that they are just playing pretend, and there are no bigfoots. This is where the real danger lies, taking a playgound game to a real life situation where nitwits might actually be armed while sitting in lawn chairs, smoking, and eating good-n-plenty candy.

WS
Old 12th May 2018, 06:08 AM   #1179
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/60046...n-just-sticks/

More bigfooters baffled by branches. If this confuses them, imagine how daunting shoelaces must appear.

WS
Old 12th May 2018, 04:38 PM   #1180
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

To be fair, slip-ons and velcro shoes are two ways around shoelaces.

There's still the issue of the whole left/right thing though...
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2018, 06:03 PM   #1181
EHocking
Philosopher

To be fair, slip-ons and velcro shoes are two ways around shoelaces.

There's still the issue of the whole left/right thing though...
Shoezooz needs to expand their range. They are for children so should not be too far above footie IQ

https://goo.gl/images/SHkaEi

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2018, 03:38 PM   #1182
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

It only gets better:

"Many, if not most of us, have heard rather suspicious sounds being imitated.* Close, but not quite right:* owls, misc birds, frogs, inanimate objects, etc.

Sometimes, those sounds move positions quickly and quietly.* I suppose it could be a different*BF, but has the creature been suspicioned to throw his/her voice like

it is coming from a direction in which it did not?

That said, is there any equipment that can detect true direction vs. a "thrown voice"?
Old 13th May 2018, 06:44 PM   #1183
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It only gets better:

"Many, if not most of us, have heard rather suspicious sounds being imitated.* Close, but not quite right:* owls, misc birds, frogs, inanimate objects, etc.

Sometimes, those sounds move positions quickly and quietly.* I suppose it could be a different*BF, but has the creature been suspicioned to throw his/her voice like

That said, is there any equipment that can detect true direction vs. a "thrown voice"?
Oh look, a marketing opportunity.

WS
Old 14th May 2018, 04:48 AM   #1184
Drewbot
Philosopher

It only gets better:

Are you describing Bigfoot? or Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze?

Peak Human Condition: Due to intensive training from birth and daily two hour exercise he possesses strength, speed, stamina, and reflexes which border on superhuman. It is pointed out on numerous occasions how his abilities greatly surpass those of the greatest Olympic athletes.

Peak Senses: do to he intensive training he has developed senses far beyond that of a normal man. He has trained himself to recognize various scents and sounds.

Stealth: By studying the movements of jungle predators he has learned to move silently in dense woods.

Genius Level Intellect: Doc is referred to as the smartest man alive. His mental performance allows his mind to operate in the most efficient and rapid manner possible. One manifestation of this is his tactical genius; the ability to quickly process multiple information streams and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations.

Ventriloquism: He also has great control over his voice and can manipulate it for a number of effects. For instance he may use it to inspire awe, confidence or if necessary fear. This control also makes him an excellent imitator of voices.

Last edited by Drewbot; 14th May 2018 at 04:50 AM.
Old 14th May 2018, 11:57 AM   #1185
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Oh look, a marketing opportunity.
Meldrum and Standing should be all over this.
Old 14th May 2018, 01:08 PM   #1186
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Meldrum and Standing should be all over this.
It does not have the advertising potential of a Blimp.

But it doesn't have the potential downside of the Blimp crashing into a power-line with the advertisers name getting scorched.
Old 14th May 2018, 06:44 PM   #1187
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

^^^

It's still a helluva lot safer than a couple of porch chairs, suspended from a helicopter, flying over Bluff Creek lol
Old 15th May 2018, 04:31 AM   #1188
Drewbot
Philosopher

^^^

It's still a helluva lot safer than a couple of porch chairs, suspended from a helicopter, flying over Bluff Creek lol
Remember how Munns thought I was just being a mean skeptic when I tried to explain to him that the FAA probably wouldn't allow it?

Old 15th May 2018, 02:12 PM   #1189
Drewbot
Philosopher

BFRO INVESTIGATOR GOES FULL WOO WOO

talking about portals and Zorth and Matthew Johnson

Either he is off the BFRO Reservation, or Moneymaker sees this as the new angle on Bigfoot TV
https://youtu.be/raYfrjD_gw4
Old 15th May 2018, 07:09 PM   #1190
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

BFRO INVESTIGATOR GOES FULL WOO WOO

talking about portals and Zorth and Matthew Johnson

Either he is off the BFRO Reservation, or Moneymaker sees this as the new angle on Bigfoot TV
https://youtu.be/raYfrjD_gw4
"Okay, as long as we got a voucher."

I wonder what else is happening with our favorite creepy pedophile wannabe cult leader and Scott Taylor BFF Dr. Matthew Johnson? Any new Gifting Bowl™ surprises? Maybe some Night Sit™ briefings from his <cough> lovely wife alibi? Sasquatch University™ news? A Zorth™ doll update? I wonder how often he has to check in with his parole officer?
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2018, 05:51 PM   #1191
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Remember how Munns thought I was just being a mean skeptic when I tried to explain to him that the FAA probably wouldn't allow it?

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...elicoptere.jpg
Hey scofftics gonna scoff lol

We should've kept our mouths shut watched it all unfold
Old 19th May 2018, 08:25 PM   #1192
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Former member and former fx guy Bill Munns came out of the woodwork to post this last night. I thought I'd share.

I must respond to this remark, because it is a serious under-estimation of the factual conclusions the film provides.

It isn’t just that we know for a certainty the film exists. We know for a certainty what kind of film stock was used (Kodachrome II) and what kind of camera was used by Roger (a Kodak K-100 single lens model). These are relevant because Roger had experience filming with both Kodachrome and Ektachrome, so he had some familiarity with processing each, how easily Ektachrome is processed by many labs, vs how few process Kodachrome. And Roger had a good familiarity with various 16mm cameras, as evidenced by his other documentary footage, showing he used a variety of cameras and lenses, including zoom lenses.

No experienced filmmaker would have gone to Bluff Creek to try and hoax a film without a plan to do multiple takes. Roger was, in 1967, an experienced filmmaker. So if he was hoaxing a film, with riders on horses for the first part of the reel and then the encounter on the end, but wanted to do multiple tries of the encounter, he would not have chosen a K-100 camera. He needed a magazine camera, like John Green used for McClarin’s walk, so he could set up for the horse and rider segments, film take one with magazine one, load magazine two and shoot the horse and riders, then load magazine three and shoot horse and riders, and maybe load magazine four and shoot horse and riders. Then he could go to Bluff Creek and suit up his talent, and shoot take one of the encounter with magazine one, shoot a second encounter try with magazine two, and so on, so he had four magazines with four tries of the encounter following horse and rider stuff.

He could not have done so with a K-100 camera, to a factual certainty. There is simply no way you can shoot a partial roll, then pull it out, load another roll of film to shoot a partial roll, and later put the first roll back in to shoot more, and not have a glaring overlap or a big gaping dead spot of black film, using a K-100. However, you can do it easily and undetectably with a magazine camera.

Now you have several rolls with several tries of the encounter, and you don’t know which one is the good one, so you need to process them all. But if they are all Kodachrome, then they’ll all likely go to the same lab, and a lab technician will likely see the multiple tries, so as soon as you go public claiming a single real encounter, the lab people know it’s a lie, and maybe a fraud. Not good. better to send each single roll to a different lab, but to do so, having a choice of several labs, you should shoot Ektachrome, because more labs process it. So each lab gets one roll, and never sees the others. Then when the event is publicized, no lab people can claim they saw multiple takes, meaning it was staged.

But to pull this off, you need a magazine camera, and Ektachrome film stock, and Roger used neither. These are facts. The camera and film Roger used was the worst possible combination for hoaxing a film, and Roger had enough knowledge of films and cameras to choose the right ones if he was hoaxing the film.

Then you have the facts, irrefutable facts, of the six segments of starts and stops, the camera first frame light overexposures intact, and a copy process that together certifies to a factual certainty that the film was never edited before the initial copying.

Then you have the issue of Roger starting his camera while walking forward, which one would do only in a spontaneous and frenzied situation. A person filming with calm deliberation would start the camera and then start walking.

You have the Third segment with only two frames, and a strange rotational motion blur (irrefutable facts) that requires a camera operator to do something that is nearly impossible to do deliberately, and can only be done by someone accidentally holding the camera while slipping and trying to regain his balance.

You have segment four, where Roger Starts the camera while still climbing up the creek bank incline, which can only be described as an act of desperation to get footage, something a person in control of the situation would not do.

You have the issue where segment five, the lookback, has Roger planted and holding the camera as steady as a hand held camera can be, so he gets the clearest shot of his subject, no shaking, no motion blur, and no obstacles blocking his view, so we can examine the subject body meticulously. This defeats the argument Roger deliberately shook the camera to hide any flaws of his costume. He did everything perfectly to insure we can examine it splendidly.

The film has no errors of time or continuity, which people deliberately filming always make. The film has no errors which modern analysis could find and a filmmaker in 1967 could never anticipate would be used.

The facts of this film are many and are absolute in their certainty. The evidence for a hoax never rises to a similar le
vel of factual certainty.
Old 20th May 2018, 04:01 PM   #1193
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

I have never considered Munns to be very intelligent (in addition to being downright ugly) and that's due in part to my reading too many properly-spelled-but-meaningless words in his walls of text in years past, but this latest post could be the real crème de la crème of desperation. It's like he's deliberately re-written the list of logical fallacies without ever having known of the first list.

Originally Posted by Bill Munns
...Then you have the issue of Roger starting his camera while walking forward, which one would do only in a spontaneous and frenzied situation. A person filming with calm deliberation would start the camera and then start walking...
But dragon breath, if Roger had done it "with calm deliberation" it never would have looked "spontaneous" and nobody would have believed a second of it. You yourself admitted he was "an experienced filmmaker" who surely had to know some of the tricks. It's like Munns forgets from where he supposedly came every other paragraph. How dare Roger pull off something Hollywood's done forever, 'fake spontaneity'.

...You have the Third segment with only two frames, and a strange rotational motion blur (irrefutable facts) that requires a camera operator to do something that is nearly impossible to do deliberately, and can only be done by someone accidentally holding the camera while slipping and trying to regain his balance...
Maybe in THAT part of the filming he did slip given it wasn't a flat studio floor and in fact quite the opposite. It's like Munns has never looked at it truly from the hoaxing side. He says he has and claims he better than anyone could tell, but I think the opposite is true. I think his experience and especially his ability are pretty limited though he's built his entire Bigfoot life around TALKING about how great he is/was without actually having done say 75% of what he's claimed.

...You have segment four, where Roger Starts the camera while still climbing up the creek bank incline, which can only be described as an act of desperation to get footage, something a person in control of the situation would not do...
Again, are you stupid Bill Munns? Do you realize that your favorite town (Hollywood) gives out awards every year to the people who make filmed movies so well that you would never guess they were JUST ACTING/FAKING IT? How is it possible they all could be so good at it as to get international awards, yet Roger Patterson couldn't possibly have been as capable because...?

...You have the issue where segment five, the lookback, has Roger planted and holding the camera as steady as a hand held camera can be, so he gets the clearest shot of his subject, no shaking, no motion blur, and no obstacles blocking his view, so we can examine the subject body meticulously. This defeats the argument Roger deliberately shook the camera to hide any flaws of his costume. He did everything perfectly to insure we can examine it splendidly...
Splendidly huh?! You can only examine it as meticulously as a 16mm film shot on a K-100 camera at 150 feet can give. And we can all agree it's not that great of detail. There's a reason they use 35mm film in movie making and not 16mm, resolution, but you knew that. Is it just a coincidence that all the camera shaking was done when the beast was a lot closer and thus more clear? To me the shaking and then the non-shaking are deliberate in all manner and ways and they coincide way too nicely with the ultimate (or lack of) resolution of the beast at any one point in the film.

...The film has no errors of time or continuity, which people deliberately filming always make. The film has no errors which modern analysis could find and a filmmaker in 1967 could never anticipate would be used...
It doesn't need the "always made" errors to be a hoax. You're on like logical fallacy #657. That's akin to saying the gun is in perfect working order so it must have been the shooter's fault he hit the bullseye.

...The facts of this film are many and are absolute in their certainty. The evidence for a hoax never rises to a similar level of factual certainty.
Oh you mean besides the "factual certainty" that a similar bipedal hominid has never been found, examined or even photographed clearly in the 50 years since, nor has mainstream science ever recognized its possibility in any way? It's like your mind has no idea what words your fingers are typing.
Old 22nd May 2018, 10:33 AM   #1194
rockinkt
Master Poster

Bill Munns is a narcissistic lying charlatan.

As we old-timers can all probably recall from previous threads - his self declared expert status regarding film, filming, and special effects, is easily destroyed by anyone willing to do a little research about him.

He worked in the industry almost exclusively as a makeup artist under someone else's direction.
When he was put into the decision making process (only because his "company" was the low bidder on a low budget movie) and actually had to design and create a "prosthetic creature effect" - he fouled it up so badly he was fired on the spot and has been unable to find a legitimate job in the industry since then (1985).

If Bill Munns is an expert on make-up or special effects or film - I'm a Mau Mau fighter pilot!
(With apologies to Don Rickles)

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:54 PM   #1195
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Apparently Bill still reads this site.

He just can't post.

On this site.
Old 22nd May 2018, 06:48 PM   #1196
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Apparently Bill still reads this site.

He just can't post.

On this site.
He long ago committed forum suicide by mod. Something about a lawsuit or something. I can only WISH he was still here. I would love for any of these freaky fanatics of the fantasy to show up and discuss Bigfoot intelligently. We'd bury them. Meldrum, Munns, Moneymaker et al. There's also any number of them who are members here, but curiously they refuse to talk. Bipto, Flowers, Strain, Melissa et al.

The old saying that the truth shall set you free doesn't apply in the case of Bigfoot because if the beast were really true these clowns would have long ago been cramming the evidence down our throats showing us who's boss. But they've not not done that and they've never even been close. Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Last edited by HarryHenderson; 22nd May 2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old 23rd May 2018, 04:08 AM   #1197
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Wasn't Roger basically broke? He rented the K-100 and didn't even pay for that and didn't bring the camera back to the owner.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/art...nd-larceny.htm

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 04:44 AM   #1198
Drewbot
Philosopher

Watched a show called Terror in The Woods last night.

Hilarious documentary with recreations of an encounter.

Two guys, named 'Mike & Mike', & one of their teenage sons, go driving in the 'woods' in Ohio, they come up to a graveyard and decide to set up their detection equipment.

Howling and whistling starts, a big old tree knock, coyotes are howling, then they think one of the coyotes gets killed by a bigfoot, general terror kicks in, the kid freaks out, as all good Bigfooters do, they decide to leave since Bigfoot is trying to shoo them away. They then stop for a deer in the road, who doesn't even look at the car, but looks into the woods because Bigfoot is after it. They stop again and get out, the terror increasing. Then they get skerred and get back in the car, only to stop again, this time one of the Mikes gets out his gun and trounces off into the woods, the other two freak out, a warning shot is fired, Bigfoot is going to attack them soon, they can tell. So they leave.

Theory: They told the teenage son where they were heading, and he told his friends to go out there and scare his Dad (Mike), and Mike.

Last edited by Drewbot; 23rd May 2018 at 04:47 AM.
Old 23rd May 2018, 07:12 AM   #1199
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7534328/episodes

Sounds like a science minded show...

Old 23rd May 2018, 08:01 AM   #1200
Drewbot
Philosopher

One of the Mikes, while being interviewed even broke out the Bigfooter trope of "I"M GETTIN GOOSEBUMPS RIGHT NOW WHILE WE'RE TALKING" (therefore he's tellin the truth).

I also heard a few 'We was...' as in 'we was skerred', and 'we was lookin into them woods'.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal