IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 23rd February 2017, 06:36 AM   #201
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
A calendar with a Hawaii theme. 😉
January: Thailand
February: Japan
March: South Korea
April: China
May: Philippines
June: Indonesia
July: Bali
August: Cambodia
September: Singapore
October: Hong Kong
November: Vietnam
December: India
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2017, 02:17 PM   #202
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

That's hilarious, and exactly what I was thinking!

So here are some ideas. One is a model in a t-shirt with a bigfoot head and the caption "I Believe".

Another with a giant bigfoot poster. No caption necessary. Just the model being smaller than bigfoot. Another saying "Got Wood?" and a bigfoot knocking on a tree with a stick. Model is just posing in that one.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Shoestring budget unless you guys throw some research money in the pot. This is cutting edge science, a faithful re-creation of Patterson's Asia expedition. Memorialized in a calendar.

The expedition theme is "Little feet for bigfoot"

Last edited by AlaskaBushPilot; 23rd February 2017 at 02:21 PM.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2017, 02:53 PM   #203
Castro
Muse

Model in bikini in the foreground, jungle in the background (out of focus) with red circles everywhere. Caption: "bigfoot is watching you".
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2017, 04:56 PM   #204
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
January: Thailand
February: Japan
March: South Korea
April: China
May: Philippines
June: Indonesia
July: Bali
August: Cambodia
September: Singapore
October: Hong Kong
November: Vietnam
December: India
I'm in.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2017, 08:45 PM   #205
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Castro View Post
Model in bikini in the foreground, jungle in the background (out of focus) with red circles everywhere. Caption: "bigfoot is watching you".
good.

Twelve months, twelve ideas. I suppose I need Roger Patterson with a model. Not sure which Patterson frame is the one to use.

But it is important because this really is commemorative of Roger. It was the culmination of his bigfoot hunting career, and nobody to date has picked up where he left off.

At the institute we have developed information from undisclosed sources, but that which converge on the same location Roger pointed to as his life came to a tragically short end from Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Area Z.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2017, 05:50 AM   #206
Drewbot
Philosopher

We are also running out of time.

For how much longer will we be able to go to Thailand and ask about the short guy in the cowboy hat that was looking for bigfoot? I'm sure there are a few old timers that remember him, but we need to move on this quickly.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2017, 02:10 PM   #207
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Next Gen, yo!

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.co...foot/98352964/

SARATOGA - Fourteen-year-old Addalynn Kawleski has spent half her life fascinated by the idea of bigfoot and consumed with a television show devoted to the legendary creature.

"I don't know, it's just so interesting," said Addalynn, 14, a freshman at Nekoosa High School. "The idea that these big, tall animals could be living among us, it just interests me. ... I even think I might like to study cryptozoology (the study of animals that are rumored to exist)."

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2017, 02:46 PM   #208
Drewbot
Philosopher

Quote:
The episode, titled "Brews, Brats and Bigfoots,"
Brews, Brats and BS, is how I remember every Wisconsin gathering I've ever been to.

Some of the typical BS would include stories about: The 12 Point buck, mountain lions killing horses, picking up strippers at the strip club, and the 20 pound steelhead they caught on the Menominee river.
Old 1st March 2017, 03:13 PM   #209
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Brews, Brats and BS, is how I remember every Wisconsin gathering I've ever been to.

Some of the typical BS would include stories about: The 12 Point buck, mountain lions killing horses, picking up strippers at the strip club, and the 20 pound steelhead they caught on the Menominee river.
Yet nothing pertaining to cheese or Ed Gein?!

Tbh, those all sound like things that might have made a FB episode in Wisconsin all the more interesting!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2017, 04:28 PM   #210
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

All of which infinitely more likely than footie.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2017, 09:56 PM   #211
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
All of which infinitely more likely than footie.
NL claims to have found him, he apparently just needs to prove it. The thing is, if you find something, that kind of implies that you know where it was/is...so why the lack of Bigfoot still?

Bigfoot isn't really having a great 2017 thus far, and his 2016 was pretty "non-existent," too. Bigfoot is on the decline.

Old 2nd March 2017, 10:00 AM   #212
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
NL claims to have found him, he apparently just needs to prove it. The thing is, if you find something, that kind of implies that you know where it was/is...so why the lack of Bigfoot still?

Bigfoot isn't really having a great 2017 thus far, and his 2016 was pretty "non-existent," too. Bigfoot is on the decline.
Things are pretty much dead. NL has nothing, the NAWACers have nothing, Finding Bigfoot finds nothing . . . the deluded may remain so but that's true of any delusion. It's morbidly fascinating to watch them talk themselves into nonsense I guess.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2017, 01:07 AM   #213
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

These research assistants don't seem to know a thing about bigfoot.

But this re-creation of Patterson's last expedition does afford some key insights. One expedition note: I don't drink alcohol and according to published research this was an important feature of Roger's bigfoot expeditions.

I'm not much of a photographer. I'm taking some photos but I seem to be distracted by the behavior of the assistants, and it has proved impossible to get them (or me) out in the field. They seem to be more inclined to indoor research.
Old 4th March 2017, 06:09 PM   #214
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

Alright, let's get back to serious business.

This guy was recently brought to my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPMQ9ioJtLY

He hits all the highpoints!
Blurry photos, tossing of sweets (berries, not goodn'plenty), Patterson film endorsement, gifting, misidentification of raccoon print as "baby bigfoot" ...even some inadvertent racism:
"I believe there are different species of these creatures, like humans. Just like we have a black man, white man, a Chinese and an Indian."
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2017, 07:57 AM   #215
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post

Blurry photos, tossing of sweets (berries, not goodn'plenty), Patterson film endorsement, gifting, misidentification of raccoon print as "baby bigfoot" ...even some inadvertent racism:
"I believe there are different species of these creatures, like humans. Just like we have a black man, white man, a Chinese and an Indian."
Tom Burnette Discusses His Unreal and Unbelievable Experiences With the Sasquatch

Indeed.

WS
Old 5th March 2017, 08:08 AM   #216
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Don't forgot the lastest......DOGMEN!!!!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2017, 12:55 PM   #217
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Don't forgot the lastest......DOGMEN!!!!
Ah, that old chestnut!

Footers have a tendency to scout out other crytpids and claim them as potential misidentified Squatches.

Dogman, Werewolves, Goatmen = misidentified Bigfoot.

Lizard-men, Fish-men etc = Bigfoot with mange.

And so on...

Old 6th March 2017, 12:57 PM   #218
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Things are pretty much dead. NL has nothing, the NAWACers have nothing, Finding Bigfoot finds nothing . . . the deluded may remain so but that's true of any delusion. It's morbidly fascinating to watch them talk themselves into nonsense I guess.
Yep, Bigfoot's 15 minutes of fame are gradually ticking their last tock.

There'll always be a following, though, but I think the whole Bigfoot movement of the last decade has basically run its course.

Old 6th March 2017, 03:22 PM   #219
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Speaking of serious business, seems there's plenty in being this guy's analyst. Though I doubt he knows what an analyst is. He's got a campground for BLAARGers, but he doesn't want any macho types "with their guns and their macho guns and their guns with macho and their macho attitudes and their guns and their nachos and and please believe me even though I suffer from an old boxing injury."

You can't make this stuff up!™
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2017, 11:51 AM   #220
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...itness/&page=1

Quote:
So I've often been curious on this point: Would a Sasquatch react differently to a nude human? (O.K., just so you know...this is a legitimate scientific hypothesis, not a bid to explore the weird fringe fiction world of Harlequin Romance Sasquatch Tales, or worse!)

I've often thought, if I were to find myself face to face with a Bigfoot, and if I had the presence of mind and opportunity, I'd strip. So as to say, "Look! We are both primates/hominids (take your pick)...something you might not have realized because of my "second" skin." Of all the Sasquatch encounter narratives I've read, I don't think I've ever heard of one under those circumstances. Although, I'm willing to concede, a witness might be reluctant to share that detail.
Just in case you smug, self-satisfied, scoffing skeptics don't think bigfooters aren't putting some deep thought and effort in their champagne footie dreams research.

WS
Old 7th March 2017, 11:54 AM   #221
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

"This is a legitimate scientific hypothesis, not a bid to explore the weird fringe fiction world of Harlequin Romance Sasquatch Tales."

He definitely meant it in a weird fringe fiction world of Harlequin Romance Sasquatch Tales kinda way!

Old 7th March 2017, 12:05 PM   #222
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Arrrrgggghhhhh.....WSA get help dude!!!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 01:50 AM   #223
Tolls
Philosopher

Oh great.
So rather than slightly strange, camo-garbed footers running round the woods, howling and knocking on trees, we're going to get slightly strange, naked footers running round the woods, howling and knocking on trees!
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 02:49 AM   #224
Castro
Muse

As long as they don't meet a slightly strange naked footer playing the monkey they should be safe.
http://www.oregonlive.com/forest-gro...ed_by_nak.html
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 09:39 PM   #225
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Not so fast. My current research on Patterson's last and most important expedition compels one to adopt this very strategy.
Old 9th March 2017, 12:22 AM   #226
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rare-elus...120101779.html

But not bigfoot...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2017, 12:29 AM   #227
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
"But...but...the giant squid! The Coelacanth!"

Old 9th March 2017, 03:38 PM   #228
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The USA National Park Service is spending $149,927 researching Bigfoot, and other woo things such as...

Quote:
...sea monsters, unexplained lights, and other paranormal activity.

Kawerak Inc., a nonprofit group that serves people of Eskimo, Aleut, or American-Indian descent in the Bering Strait region between Alaska and Russia, received the grant last year. The organization illustrates its project with a picture of "Hairy Man," a mythical Bigfoot-like creature.

The group is not just interested in researching "Hairy Man," but a whole host of "supernatural" creatures...

I don't know what this all means. Maybe, in an interesting way, it shows that Bigfoot doesn't really exist as an animal, but instead does exist as an idea.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-sp...udying-bigfoot
Old 9th March 2017, 04:28 PM   #229
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The USA National Park Service is spending $149,927 researching Bigfoot, and other woo things such as...

I don't know what this all means. Maybe, in an interesting way, it shows that Bigfoot doesn't really exist as an animal, but instead does exist as an idea.

What a waste of federal cash, when we (I include myself) have already done this research, which is presented here:
Native American myths/traditions support Bigfoot? A critical look.

Where's my cut of that grant money???

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2017, 05:56 PM   #230
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Castro View Post
As long as they don't meet a slightly strange naked footer playing the monkey...
I don't know what sort of idiot trick this Bigfooter is trying to play by talking about being naked in front of the beast.

I can however say that Bigfoot does not have a penis or an external scrotum containing testicles. There are countless eyewitness sketches and artist-assisted diagrams showing what the male Bigfoot looks like. None of them show a dick or balls. It's all missing. I challenge you to find any photo or artist depiction showing genitalia.

They don't copulate like primates. They apparently have a cloaca like birds and reptiles.

A naked man might frighten a male Bigfoot. They might have extreme stress or anxiety upon seeing a man's penis. The females may be also frightened and confused.

A dick with hanging balls are not part of the Bigfoot world. It could really freak them out.

Last edited by William Parcher; 9th March 2017 at 05:57 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2017, 05:58 PM   #231
EHocking
Philosopher

A naked man walking in the jungle encounters an elephant.

Elephant : "How do you breathe through that little thing?".

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2017, 06:50 PM   #232
rockinkt
Master Poster

Quote from the article: ...(W)as supported through resolutions from 17 federally recognized tribes as this project documents the validity and importance of local and traditional knowledge held by tribal members...

Those beliefs are neither valid nor important in the 21st century.
Encouraging people to make up stories and pretending that these fairy tales are somehow important traditional knowledge is ludicrous.

If people of European ancestry asked for a grant to study the stories of dragons and unicorns and tried to pass such nonsense off as "traditional knowledge" - they would be rightfully scorned for such stupidity.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt

Last edited by rockinkt; 9th March 2017 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2017, 07:42 PM   #233
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It might just be another way for the white man to dominate the red man. Sort of like the joke where you say "pull my finger" and then you let out a fart when they pull it. Here the red man takes the money and afterwards all the white men smell the stink and begin to laugh.

The red woman (known as squaws) might detect the trick and warn the red man. They should not be subjected to white trickery and dominance any longer.

When will the red man rise up and shove the whole stupid Bigfoot thing up the ass of the white honky man?

What then about Trump and his probably hidden quest to racially crush all that is left of the savage race with his bigotry?

It's sad but at least it isn't millions or billions of dollars.
Old 10th March 2017, 12:26 AM   #234
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Poor Bigfoot, his missus has a pair of boobs positioned halfway down her chest and he's not got a meat 'n' two veg. And to top it all off they have a totally stationary arse that doesn't work in conjunction with their sodding legs!

Old 10th March 2017, 12:28 AM   #235
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
A naked man walking in the jungle encounters an elephant.

Elephant : "How do you breathe through that little thing?".
I'm nicking this joke for later!

Old 10th March 2017, 06:36 AM   #236
Northern Lights
Muse

I can however say that Bigfoot does not have a penis or an external scrotum containing testicles. There are countless eyewitness sketches and artist-assisted diagrams showing what the male Bigfoot looks like. None of them show a dick or balls. It's all missing. I challenge you to find any photo or artist depiction showing genitalia.
Although artist renditions do not depict male genitalia, that does not mean it isn't reported, it just means that it isn't drawn.

I've spoken to numerous witnesses that have described male genitalia during their sightings. I guess the artist isn't wanting to publish bigfoot porn.
Old 10th March 2017, 07:15 AM   #237
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Although artist renditions do not depict male genitalia, that does not mean it isn't reported, it just means that it isn't drawn.

I've spoken to numerous witnesses that have described male genitalia during their sightings. I guess the artist isn't wanting to publish bigfoot porn.
They're actually seeing Dogmen they have the exposed twigs and berries, Bigfeets do not.
Old 10th March 2017, 07:24 AM   #238
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Which brings us back to the eternally unanswered question about the amazing ability of Bigfoot to remain hidden while paradoxically so well observed that we get descriptions of his naughty bits. Not to mention that those who make sketches as part of their "scientific research" are not only too modest to include those parts but too professional to include a little comment like "Naughty bits not included in case the kiddoes see this, but adults with academic interest can see the uncensored version over here."
Old 10th March 2017, 08:43 AM   #239
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Quote:
nu·mer·ous

/ˈn(y)o͞om(ə)rəs/

adjective: numerous

great in number; many.
"he has attended numerous meetings and social events"

synonyms: many, very many, a lot of, scores of, countless, numberless, innumerable
Where are you talking to these "scores, countless, numberless, etc." footie claimants?

ETA: Further, how in the world do you vet these "numerous claims? Do you have any methodology, any controls in place to combat your built-in credulity?

WS

Last edited by Resume; 10th March 2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10th March 2017, 09:21 AM   #240
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Which brings us back to the eternally unanswered question about the amazing ability of Bigfoot to remain hidden while paradoxically so well observed that we get descriptions of his naughty bits. Not to mention that those who make sketches as part of their "scientific research" are not only too modest to include those parts but too professional to include a little comment like "Naughty bits not included in case the kiddoes see this, but adults with academic interest can see the uncensored version over here."
Riiiiggghhhht, because artists drawing of the naughty bits is the only missing piece in the "academic interest" for Bigfoot. Got it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal