IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 12th March 2017, 03:44 PM   #281
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
I spoke with someone last weekend that had a daylight encounter with a female and juvenile about 10 days ago at a distance of approximately 50 yards. The area where this happened is new to me, but has a history of sighting. I plan on going up this spring and having a look.
Do you believe everything people tell you?

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2017, 09:35 PM   #282
EHocking
Philosopher

I was going to ask you the same re: the post you responded to!

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2017, 10:25 PM   #283
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
I was going to ask you the same re: the post you responded to!
Thus the question. We haven't a BLAARGer yet admit to their pretend; I'm curious as to where NL falls on the bigfoot credule/cynic continuum, or if that can actually be determined.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2017, 07:48 AM   #284
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

You make it sound like I know their address and can drop by the flat for a cup of tea. Yes, we know the vicinity, but they do move about.

I spoke with someone last weekend that had a daylight encounter with a female and juvenile about 10 days ago at a distance of approximately 50 yards. The area where this happened is new to me, but has a history of sighting. I plan on going up this spring and having a look.

Also regarding the highlighted section, I couldn't care less about that. I'm not doing it for you or anyone else. I'm doing it because I enjoy it. That doesn't mean I won't try and get evidence, just means I'm not going to fret if I don't.
Your making the same ridicules claim the Nawckies and many other footers make. Multiple and routine contact with a giant monkey man almost every time you go "researching". Yet you can't or won't bother to produce any verifiable evidence, your beyond that, you just want to see one....okey-dokey
I'd have bad news for you, but you already know this, it's not going to happen.
Why?....your running a for hire "Bigfoot experience". I would suggest it's quite apparent what your doing, just not sure what you get out of it....gold n glory?
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2017, 11:03 AM   #285
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Your making the same ridicules claim the Nawckies and many other footers make. Multiple and routine contact with a giant monkey man almost every time you go "researching". Yet you can't or won't bother to produce any verifiable evidence, your beyond that, you just want to see one....okey-dokey
I'd have bad news for you, but you already know this, it's not going to happen.
Why?....your running a for hire "Bigfoot experience". I would suggest it's quite apparent what your doing, just not sure what you get out of it....gold n glory?
The funny thing is, that the more footers claim the ubiquity of bigfoot, the more absurd the claim gets. Back in the '60's after the Patterson-Gimlin film came out, bigfoot was supposed to be a rare creature that was teetering on the brink of extinction in wild areas of the Pacific Northwest. It was just barely plausible that such a creature had escaped detection. Now footers would have you believe that every five acre patch of second or third growth woodland in the midwest has a family of bigfoots in it. Add in the fact that damn near everyone now carries with them a pretty good still and video camera in their smartphone, and the absence of either good quality phoots and videos or of any physical evidence makes that claim absurd.

Last edited by CORed; 13th March 2017 at 12:02 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2017, 12:20 AM   #286
philkensebben
Illuminator

So let me get this straight. You could be potentially on the brink of one of the most remarkable biological discoveries ever, but nahhhh. I just wanna see one. Screw everyone else. I dont have to prove anything to anyone! Like some epic sulk.

Only a fringe theorist could ever hold such a ludicrous philosophy.
philkensebben is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2017, 03:26 AM   #287
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

How did they get within 50 yards of the super sensory bigfoot with child?

These creatures are virtually undetectable, except when Roger Patterson is clip-clopping his way up a stream...

These creatures can detect game cams regardless of the setup or the wind direction.

These creatures are just incredible in terms of avoiding humans and human technology.

What did this person's cell phone camera record? Where are the pics of the tracks, at least?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 14th March 2017 at 03:28 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2017, 02:42 PM   #288
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post

These creatures are virtually undetectable, except when Roger Patterson is clip-clopping his way up a stream...

These creatures can detect game cams regardless of the setup or the wind direction.

These creatures are just incredible in terms of avoiding humans and human technology.

What did this person's cell phone camera record? Where are the pics of the tracks, at least?
Not to mention the various footie wars like Ape Canyon, Siege at Honobia (makes me snicker just typing 'em) and all those vicious snorting footies that Tim "Coonbo" Baker guys yaps about.

WS
Old 15th March 2017, 04:50 AM   #289
Drewbot
Philosopher

There was one story on the BFF of someone driving through an Indian reservation in one of the Dakotas, and they could see the Bigfoot chasing them, down the road, at night. I remember asking them how they could see behind them, in a car, in a semi rural area.

Another story was of a group of people driving mopeds through a national forest and being bombarded by rocks thrown by Bigfoots. That was a good one.

And then the story about Bigfoot chucking a vole onto the windshield of a car as it drove through a forest.

All gold Jerry!
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2017, 05:30 AM   #290
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Let's not forget the pig tossing, 50 yard leaping bigfoot.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2017, 06:59 AM   #291
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Only a living, breathing could be responsible for the consistent biological and behavior patterns in these reports, especially when they're internally inconsistent.

WS
Old 15th March 2017, 09:25 AM   #292
carlitos
"más divertido"

Here is a GoPro camera setup for $219 on eBay. A dozen people going on a camping trip in Minnesota could pitch in $20 each to pay for this. It would record every second of their outing from a first-person point of view, mounted on a helmet, hand-held, whatever. It's so ridiculous.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2017, 09:42 AM   #293
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Only a living, breathing could be responsible for the consistent biological and behavior patterns in these reports, especially when they're internally inconsistent.
Exactly. The behavior reported in the reports shows a level of primate understanding that only trained primatologists would even be aware of. Your average Joe would never have heard of things like bluff charging, chest beating, swaying, etc. No one has ever watched a jungle movie or been to the zoo. Therefore, bigfoot.

Or so DWA and Binderfoble told me.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2017, 11:07 AM   #294
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Here is a GoPro camera setup for $219 on eBay. A dozen people going on a camping trip in Minnesota could pitch in $20 each to pay for this. It would record every second of their outing from a first-person point of view, mounted on a helmet, hand-held, whatever. It's so ridiculous.
You risk not finding Bigfoot if you have a camera. And that's a scientific fact. Even the show Finding Bigfoot™ made the mistake of having a camera and never once found him. Cameras are so last century when it comes to Bigfoot. We have to find a better way.

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Exactly. The behavior reported in the reports shows a level of primate understanding that only trained primatologists would even be aware of. Your average Joe would never have heard of things like bluff charging, chest beating, swaying, etc. No one has ever watched a jungle movie or been to the zoo. Therefore, bigfoot.

Or so DWA and Binderfoble George Costanza told me.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by HarryHenderson; 15th March 2017 at 11:11 AM.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2017, 05:46 AM   #295
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
The funny thing is, that the more footers claim the ubiquity of bigfoot, the more absurd the claim gets. Back in the '60's after the Patterson-Gimlin film came out, bigfoot was supposed to be a rare creature that was teetering on the brink of extinction in wild areas of the Pacific Northwest. It was just barely plausible that such a creature had escaped detection. Now footers would have you believe that every five acre patch of second or third growth woodland in the midwest has a family of bigfoots in it. Add in the fact that damn near everyone now carries with them a pretty good still and video camera in their smartphone, and the absence of either good quality phoots and videos or of any physical evidence makes that claim absurd.
Exactly. By all accounts, Bigfoot has increased in population and is sighted frequently, if the reports are to be believed. Yet they're as elusive as ever, despite their apparent boom in population. Funny, eh?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2017, 05:48 AM   #296
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by philkensebben View Post
So let me get this straight. You could be potentially on the brink of one of the most remarkable biological discoveries ever, but nahhhh. I just wanna see one. Screw everyone else. I dont have to prove anything to anyone! Like some epic sulk.

Only a fringe theorist could ever hold such a ludicrous philosophy.
Much like the many psychics who can never seem to predict the winning lottery numbers.

I found this golden fleece once, but I just left it there.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2017, 05:53 AM   #297
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Undetectable to science, but not to amateur outdoorsmen or weekend warriors.

But they routinely communicate unknowingly with humans who merely cup their hands to their mouths and yell nonsensically at the top of their lungs, and also randomly beat the bark of a tree with a bat. Bigfoot apparently hasn't evolved to understand the unique communication skills of its own kind, surely ensuring the possibility of being located.

Ask no questions, hear no lies.

Old 16th March 2017, 05:54 AM   #298
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
There was one story on the BFF of someone driving through an Indian reservation in one of the Dakotas, and they could see the Bigfoot chasing them, down the road, at night. I remember asking them how they could see behind them, in a car, in a semi rural area.

Another story was of a group of people driving mopeds through a national forest and being bombarded by rocks thrown by Bigfoots. That was a good one.

And then the story about Bigfoot chucking a vole onto the windshield of a car as it drove through a forest.

All gold Jerry!
Indian reservation, eh? Seems legit. Whenever you add Indians to a Bigfoot story, it immediately adds credibility to it. That's how science works.

Old 16th March 2017, 05:58 AM   #299
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Maybe the Bill Munns Brigade can purchase that for him, and he can actually go out and attempt to document the supposedly real creature which he confirmed existed in his flawless "research paper," the Munns Report.

I also wonder whether we can now replace the term "Munson" with "Munns."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Munson

"He did a Munns..."

Old 16th March 2017, 06:07 AM   #300
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Do you believe everything people tell you?
That's the footer way.....believe virtually every report....then develop a data base showing where all these Bigfeets roam. Then start making up a biology and behavior, attempting to justify an obvious social construct.
The reasons for doing such a thing are endless and fascinating IMO.

Last edited by Cervelo; 16th March 2017 at 06:09 AM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2017, 06:19 AM   #301
Drewbot
Philosopher

I still love this Footer logic:

Footer: "I JUST SAW A NINE FOOT SNARLING MAN-BEAST STALK ME AS I WALKED DOWN THE ROAD!!!"

Me: "OMG! Did you call the police or your neighbors and warn them? Did they call you heroes as you assembled a group of hunters to go tree that monster?!?!"

Footer: "No..."

Me: ...
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2017, 04:44 PM   #302
Steve001
Graduate Poster

You make it sound like I know their address and can drop by the flat for a cup of tea. Yes, we know the vicinity, but they do move about.

Also regarding the highlighted section, I couldn't care less about that. I'm not doing it for you or anyone else. I'm doing it because I enjoy it. That doesn't mean I won't try and get evidence, just means I'm not going to fret if I don't.
You and all bigfooters want recognition from the acedemic community a large, yet bigfooters have to date provided no verified physical evidence, footprints don't count, bones do, clear photos do, clear videos do, other biological samples do without such evidence bigfooters should fret, you should fret.
Steve001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2017, 05:10 PM   #303
Pacal
Graduate Poster

I'm not doing it for you or anyone else. I'm doing it because I enjoy it. That doesn't mean I won't try and get evidence, just means I'm not going to fret if I don't.
So Bigfoot believers are basically doing it because they enjoy it. Well then there is no reason to take them seriously because they are merely pretending and are enjoying their BS game. The truth doesn't matter merely the BS game.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2017, 06:46 AM   #304
Drewbot
Philosopher

Even the Mothman researchers are finding more evidence than the Footers.

http://fake.trendolizer.com/2017/03/...-sighting.html
Old 17th March 2017, 12:09 PM   #305
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

More comedy gold from the SRA "Expeditions" page:
http://sasquatchresearchers.org/2017...h-expeditions/
Quote:
What We Will Provide
•A location that has recent/ongoing sasquatch activity where we can camp
•Training classes in how to find sasquatches, tracking, equipment, sasquatch biology, cast making, safety, etc…
•A small group camping experience in a hot spot with an SRA director, researcher, or patron in each group
•Access to the SRA equipment, including thermal cameras, trail cameras, I-Kams, audio recorders, and more
Training classes on how to find bigfoot? What are you waiting for? Go and *********** find it already.

Tracking? Like that intrepid Jim, who had a footie trackway right in front of him but couldn't follow it because he didn't have his little booties or mittens in his truck?

Sasquatch biology? Oh, you mean **** you just made up? Check.

Hot spots? You have specific knowledge of the whereabouts of an undocumented hominid and you aren't actively pursuing it with every resource available? What are you, goofy? It sounds like you believe this **** about as much as I believe it.

WS
Old 17th March 2017, 01:03 PM   #306
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

That doesn't mean I won't try and get evidence, just means I'm not going to fret if I don't.
You may not fret when you can't find any evidence, but you do get creative when you can't find any evidence.

It has to be pretty frustrating for footers to be unable to come up with anything at all for their efforts.

The good-n-plenty story will live on forever as a classic example of what happens when you have to think of something, anything to tell people about your bigfoot adventures.

There's no way any objective adult actually believes it, though.

We dropped some candy near our campsite, and later on bigfoot picked it up, brought it over to our campfire, and threw some of it at us.

But we can never get his picture, though.

Bigfoot changed my truck tire for me once. Nice fellow. Didn't need a jack or a wrench.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2017, 05:17 PM   #307
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Footers need to get David Attenborough and the BBC Wildlife Department interested.
They have travelled all over the planet in pursuit of the rarest of creatures, tracked them (sometimes for months at a time), found them, filmed them (some for the first time) and produced award winning TV shows.

Bigfoot should be a doddle.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2017, 05:41 PM   #308
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Footers love to talk about Attenborough. Mr. Attenborough seems to think yeti might be real.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...an-may-be-real
Old 17th March 2017, 05:51 PM   #309
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Attenboroughs potential Yeti and what the Footers think exists are completely different.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2017, 06:01 PM   #310
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Agreed. Footers fail to arrive at the same conclusion.
Old 18th March 2017, 02:47 PM   #311
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

Saw this place from the interstate in southern Georgia yesterday, and had to stop. It was a long drive, and the wife was not amused.

Unfortunately there wasn't any good bigfoot stuff inside the place. Just a couple t-shirts. I was hoping to pick up some crude track casts or a keychain at least.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2017, 03:05 PM   #312
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Saw this place from the interstate in southern Georgia yesterday, and had to stop. It was a long drive, and the wife was not amused.

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...pszhlj6i5b.jpg

Unfortunately there wasn't any good bigfoot stuff inside the place. Just a couple t-shirts. I was hoping to pick up some crude track casts or a keychain at least.
I see a marketing opportunity for a certain anthropology prof who just may have a number of bigfoot casts in his possession. Keychain replicas, footie flip-flops . . . I mean why not, he's already sold out.

WS
Old 19th March 2017, 10:37 PM   #313
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...tober-20-2017/

Quote:
Is this the year to put the Sasquatch question to rest? We have the tools, the technology, the researchers, the databases, and the knowledge. We have people in the field, a professor at Idaho State University, DNA labs, and just about everything we need to verify this creature. So is this the year for success? Spring is just around the corner now and we know what to look for, how to kook for it, and what is needed should we find something in the way of remains. We know how to avoid losing the specimen, in whatever capacity it is collected, and we know each other. We are dispersed all over the U.S. and Canada, know the hot spots, understand the creature's requirements, it's methods of hiding, and what attracts it. Is all of that enough to produce something solid for verification of existence? And would such a goal be motivating enough to mobilize everyone toward the task of finally bringing Sasquatch into the realm of science? In this, the 50th year anniversary of the PGF, is it time for everyone to push all out for discovery?
Indeed.

WS
Old 19th March 2017, 10:54 PM   #314
GT/CS
Illuminator

Too bad it's probably just a typo. It could have been one of the greatest Freudian slips of all time!
Old 20th March 2017, 12:42 AM   #315
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Wow. They sound really determined. Does this mean they are going to get out of their cars?

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:17 AM   #316
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Wow. They sound really determined. Does this mean they are going to get out of their cars?
Maybe roll the window down?
Old 20th March 2017, 07:03 AM   #317
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Absolutely....they will be packing large.....huff n puff a 100yrds or so into a local park, become frightened and scurry back to the car or get arrested for running around naked banging a stick on trees while scattering good n plentys about.
Then post another confirmed Bigfeet encounter (or bail) with the BFF (Bigfeet Fantasy w/Friends) data base.
Which will result in a group Internet congratulations on another "successful" expedition and contribution to the group delusion that is BFF.
DWA will point to this as another example of the info SCIENCE is ignoring and FarArcher will declare a needed increase in the arms race to defeat the Bigfoot army, before he dares enter the spooky woods.
Others will strike a contemplative pose and declare "we just need to do more"!
And a year from now they will still be having the same discussion or repeating the same gibberish they have for decades.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:59 PM   #318
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

You may not fret when you can't find any evidence, but you do get creative when you can't find any evidence.

It has to be pretty frustrating for footers to be unable to come up with anything at all for their efforts.

The good-n-plenty story will live on forever as a classic example of what happens when you have to think of something, anything to tell people about your bigfoot adventures.

There's no way any objective adult actually believes it, though.

We dropped some candy near our campsite, and later on bigfoot picked it up, brought it over to our campfire, and threw some of it at us.

But we can never get his picture, though.

Bigfoot changed my truck tire for me once. Nice fellow. Didn't need a jack or a wrench.
This is why guys like Patterson are the Don's of the game. They actually delivered the monkey. They chatted about it, then they delivered it. Guys these days can't even be bothered to get a suit together. The need for a suit has become redundant. It's all smoke and mirrors these days.

Old 22nd March 2017, 01:49 PM   #319
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Cable television needs more Bigfoot, so Les Stroud is now giving them BigfootTV.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/03/prweb14148104.htm
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:03 AM   #320
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Cable television needs more Bigfoot, so Les Stroud is now giving them BigfootTV.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/03/prweb14148104.htm
I'm disappointed in Les. His Survivorman series was decent. He taped it himself, and most of what he did made sense for someone actually in a survival situation, unlike others who went somewhere just off the highway with a big camera crew and did really stupid dangerous stuff to show how tough they were. I have no idea whether he really believes the bigfoot nonsense or it's just a gimmick to make money, but either way, I've lost a lot of the respect I once had for him.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal