IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brexit

Old Today, 04:40 AM   #1441
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
It’s the “no one ever fired for buying IBM” of the commercial hoover market.
I thought that was Kärcher?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:43 AM   #1442
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
I thought that was Kärcher?
For pressure washers, never seen anything else.

It's either a Henry for dry stuff or for heavy duty and wet/dry it's his big brother George
https://www.equip4work.co.uk/numatic...-cleaner.html?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:56 AM   #1443
Archie Gemmill Goal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
Presumably Dyson swallowed the same dodgy tea blend as many of his fellow brexiteers - including high ranking politicians - and simply believed what the press were reporting about the evil, evil Brussels.
No Dyson always had a bee in his bonnet about Brussels as he didn't like the standards they introduced for his products and thought that they unfairly favoured/were influenced by continental brands like Miele.

He probably had some fair points but he also was a paranoid psychopath which didn't help matters.

He couldn't stand other people telling him what to do basically.
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #1444
Archie Gemmill Goal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
My ma-in-law had a Dyson and it was crap. We bought a Henry which is great and going strong after 15 years. **** Dyson.
Henry's aren't all that great at picking up stuff but they do seem to last forever. Bagless are not as good at the job as bagged cleaners but they do save you buying and disposing of bags.

As far as Dyson goes their cordless stuff is actually probably best in class but expensive. Their corded range is so-so. Their fans and air purifiers are expensive crap. the hair stuff is good engineering but way over engineered and over priced for the job.
Old Today, 05:29 AM   #1445
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I bought one of those robot vacuum cleaners last year and have hardly used my cylinder one since. I call him Robbie.
Old Today, 07:23 AM   #1446
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I bought one of those robot vacuum cleaners last year and have hardly used my cylinder one since. I call him Robbie.
We have a trio of moddled Roombas. There are all sorts of interesting add-ons... Lovely machines, integrated with the home security and management system.
However if you have a pet they have have Views on the subject.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #1447
wobs
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
A Henry seems to be the cleaner of choice for shops and offices.
They go on forever.
This isn't a good thing from the pont of view of Mrs Wobs, as she hates it.

We have three people in the house with long hair, which it struggles with. But your link to the pet hair attachment may annoy her even more, as Henry is also heavy to lug around.

So given it lasts forever, and and is heavy and you have to drag the thing around, rather than working with an upright, means we also have a handheld vacuum and a manual sweeper for times we just want to do small areas.
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #1448
wobs
Master Poster

Meanwhile, Brexit is driving me crazy at work, as we are struggling to shift material to the EU.
Old Today, 09:41 AM   #1449
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by wobs View Post
Meanwhile, Brexit is driving me crazy at work, as we are struggling to shift material to the EU.
My advice:
  1. Switch your market to Bhutan.
  2. ???
  3. Profit!
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #1450
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
My advice:
  1. Switch your market to Bhutan.
  2. ???
  3. Profit!
Don’t be silly - wobs needs to convert the business to produce blue veined cheese and export that to Japan.
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #1451
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Don’t be silly - wobs needs to convert the business to produce blue veined cheese and export that to Japan.

Must...resist...MA-violating...joke...*gasp*...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics