IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , diseases

Reply
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #3521
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 70,994
Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Someone on a Discord I'm on linked to an article from Epoch Times. The moderator deleted it, describing Epoch Times as "an anti-China conspiracy theory tabloid" and I don't feel like going to look for it.
The Epoch Times is a mouthpiece of Falun Gong, so yes, they are explicitly anti-China, but they are also a woo group that promotes far-right politics and conspiracy theories including QAnon, so they shouldn't be considered a good source of information.

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I never knew that. I've put spaces in between the http and the link and spelled out "dot com" in order not to link bad sites before. Thanks.
It was implemented when the 9/11 Conspiracy Theories subforum was one of the most popular. The JREF decided that they didn't want the forum to promote the sites in any way, so the change was made on Jeff Wagg's watch.
__________________
We will meet them on the beach, we will meet them on the phone hook-ups.
- Scott Morrison, alledgedly
arthwollipot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #3522
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ON Canada
Posts: 3,691
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Variants?

You're going to set George Carlin spinning with laughter!
George Carlin is dead. Try to keep up.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #3523
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon
 
Foster Zygote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 17,965
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Variants?

You're going to set George Carlin spinning with laughter!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
Would you like an explanation of how evolution works?
__________________
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #3524
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 22,860
Bing link to George Carlin leaves me one square short of Bingo two different ways.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:39 AM   #3525
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,005
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Variants?

You're going to set George Carlin spinning with laughter!
It is a matter of supreme indifference to me whether or not George Carlin laughs.
You are, comme toujours, limiting yourself to short burst of scoffing, so it is quite difficult to work out your meaning in full.
If you are claiming that variants cannot exist, can you explain why we don't look exactly like our parents? Also, dogs. Why are there dogs and not just wolves?
If my questions do not seem relevant to your point, this would be because you don't express yourself very clearly: something for you to work on in future.
Along with all the other stuff, like producing evidence and participating productively.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:47 AM   #3526
Tom Palven
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
If you are claiming that variants cannot exist, can you explain why we don't look exactly like our parents?
Variants do exist. That's why they changed the flu vaccines every year, and it's the same for coronaviruses and rhinoviruses.

The joke is that it looks like Faucian Covidism as a political mass movement looks like it's going to be with us forever.
https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...d-covid-cases/
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:53 AM   #3527
TheSupermeerkat
Muse
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 954
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Variants do exist. That's why they changed the flu vaccines every year, and it's the same for coronaviruses and rhinoviruses.



The joke is that it looks like Faucian Covidism as a political mass movement looks like it's going to be with us forever.

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...d-covid-cases/
I don't even need to look at the link to know it'll be classic Tom Palven style bollocks.

However, I did was not really surprised to see the article cites other pages on the same site as evidence. The first reference in that article points to a page which contains no references to it's own claims.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; Today at 04:57 AM.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:20 AM   #3528
kali1137
Graduate Poster
 
kali1137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Purgatory, PA
Posts: 1,735
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Variants do exist. That's why they changed the flu vaccines every year, and it's the same for coronaviruses and rhinoviruses.

The joke is that it looks like Faucian Covidism as a political mass movement looks like it's going to be with us forever.
https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...d-covid-cases/
This incredibly unhealthy obsession with Fauci is stalker/mentally ill levels of disturbing. Have you considered speaking to a professional about this boogeyman you have created in your head?
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:44 AM   #3529
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon
 
Foster Zygote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 17,965
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Variants do exist. That's why they changed the flu vaccines every year, and it's the same for coronaviruses and rhinoviruses.

The joke is that it looks like Faucian Covidism as a political mass movement looks like it's going to be with us forever.
https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...d-covid-cases/
It's already been around longer than it might have been, and will be around longer still, thanks the the inaction and ignorance of people like you.

You clearly have no idea why these variants of pathogens arise, nor why they arise in greater numbers, when the pathogens are allowed to spread among greater numbers of hosts. I'd explain it (it's entry level biology), but I've learned that you really have no interest in learning.

You are a very ignorant man who would rather double down on being wrong than admit any error. It's an all too common condition among humans, but this is one of the situations in which ignorance actually kills people. The pathetic straw man of Anthony Fauci is just your way of banging pots and pans in the hope that no one will notice just how hollow and stupid the arguments you propagate are.
__________________
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:13 AM   #3530
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,470
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Variants do exist. That's why they changed the flu vaccines every year, and it's the same for coronaviruses and rhinoviruses.

The joke is that it looks like Faucian Covidism as a political mass movement looks like it's going to be with us forever.
https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...d-covid-cases/
You are citing Jon Rappoport? You know he is nuts, right?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:02 AM   #3531
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,640
Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
This incredibly unhealthy obsession with Fauci is stalker/mentally ill levels of disturbing. Have you considered speaking to a professional about this boogeyman you have created in your head?
I'd wager the overwhelming majority of Covid victims have never heard of him.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #3532
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19,069
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
The joke is that it looks like Faucian Covidism <crapsnip>.
Is non-existent. Yes, your made up ism is a joke.

Last edited by Resume; Today at 09:45 AM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #3533
jnelso99
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 914
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Ah, but what if it's treated with deoxyribonucleic acid?
It'll be sticky and you wouldn't want to touch it without rubber gloves?
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.