ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th August 2010, 09:39 PM   #81
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

I find it strange that her reaction to the crowd being antagonistic is to show her breasts. Is that like a conditioned stress response for her? If it is that's a bit disturbing.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:44 PM   #82
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

The next ICP concert should just be nuked to make the world a better place.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:23 PM   #83
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I find it strange that her reaction to the crowd being antagonistic is to show her breasts. Is that like a conditioned stress response for her? If it is that's a bit disturbing.
Knowing little about her, I can only guess that she probably was trying her singing (or comedy, 'though I've never heard her referred to as a comic and know she's been trying to hook up with a band and released some what is referred to as music) and since her boobs are her claim to fame for the most part, amidst the hostility she probably heard someone shout out, "Ahhhh shaddup and show us your tits!"... and she likely did so. And, yes, with her history (and the amount of money she probably paid for those puppies) that is her likely recourse to many situations.

As to the thread? I'm gonna do my Vinnie Bobbarino.... "I'm so confused!" Are we supposed to be picking on this hapless little self-promoter and rooting her on to bodily injury? Or are we supposed to be going after ICP fans? If you guys could just tell me who we're picking on, it'd make my life so much easier.

Thank you in advance,
Foolmewunz

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2010, 11:32 PM   #84
Furcifer

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
Isn't that a little scary... that a sexual presentation (however narcissistic) fueled violent urges?

That to me is a bigger issue than how lame or ill-behaved she might be.
It's routine to have stuff thrown on stage at the concerts. So routine that everyone is warned of it well in advance and many acts refuse to participate. It's the Rocky Horror Picture Show of concerts.

Watch the video, there's a few on YouTube. You want to know what really happened? She came out, the crowd wasn't having anything to do with her, they told her to pop her top so they could see her boobs, which she did, after which they still didn't want to have anything to do with her and started throwing stuff. It was paper cups and plastic bottles while she told the crowd to **** off behind 4 body guards. She started calling the crowd bitches and it looks like a couple bodyguards started roughing up some fans while Tequila continued to antagonize the crowd saying she wasn't some Paris Hilton, she was a bad ass rapper gangster.

Now this may shock you, but this girl isn't mentally stable. Everyone seems to be blaming the ICP fans like she was some sort of angel. I'm not saying it's right what the crowd did, but if you want to point fingers at who's responsible for this tranewreck it's society in general.

She faked a suicide last year, why? Because she was falling out of the spotlight and she'll do anything to stay in it. She's a drama queen. No coincidence then that if you watch the video there's nothing actually hitting her. She also posted her picture on Twitter with her face all cut up, started talking about suing the promoters but it doesn't look like she went to the hospital? I'm not saying she's lying but she isn't the most trust worthy source.
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2010, 11:38 PM   #85
Rage Virus
Thinker

Originally Posted by 3bodyproblem View Post
it it's not like she was Mother Teresa up on stage collecting alms for the poor.
If it had been, I would probably had thrown a bottle. She was evil.
Rage Virus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 12:08 AM   #86
Furcifer

Originally Posted by quixotecoyote View Post
You see, I don't think "what went down" was appropriate. Neither do I think it's ok to try to mitigate it by saying 'slutting her way through it' was 'throwing fuel on the fire.'
It must be nice to live in your black and white world where there are no mitigating factors.

I'm not sure if it's the same in the US, but here in Canada we assume some responsibility when choose not to walk away from a situation. It's true, if you get called out of a bar to fight, and you go outside and start chirping off, and for some reason you get knocked out you are partially responsible.

If you incite a situation you take responsibility for what happens. You aren't allowed to go around instigating things and remain in the free and clear.

So while no one condones violence at some point you need to walk away. She wasn't chained to the stage. Instead of getting naked and talking trash and telling the crowd to **** off she should have walked.

You can't incite a riot, sorry.
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 12:53 AM   #87
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Is there video footage of the incident?

The whole poo, rocks and chasing her to her trailer to kill her sounds a little bit over the top.

I understand that empty water bottles are a socially acceptable projectile at these events.
I once threw one at the London Philharmonic Orchestra, but that was frowned upon.
Eddie Dane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 01:00 AM   #88
Furcifer

Originally Posted by Eddie Dane View Post
Is there video footage of the incident?

The whole poo, rocks and chasing her to her trailer to kill her sounds a little bit over the top.

I understand that empty water bottles are a socially acceptable projectile at these events.
I once threw one at the London Philharmonic Orchestra, but that was frowned upon.
There's a few floating around YouTube. They seem to be getting pulled as fast as they upload so I didn't bother linking one.

The LPO probably deserved it.
Old 17th August 2010, 03:19 AM   #89
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Tell me about it, what a snooze-fest.
I can't believe they asked them to open for Slayer.
Eddie Dane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 04:01 AM   #90
Kahalachan
Illuminator

There's a few floating around YouTube. They seem to be getting pulled as fast as they upload so I didn't bother linking one.

Heh we're so used to youtube being our primary source of video we forget there are other, less restricted, sources out there. A quick google search pulled this up

NSFW, cause of nudity and language. Surprisingly no real violence. But you can see how the crowd eventually starts throwing more stuff and it probably gets much worse after this vid.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...8-b65fcfb37ae7
Kahalachan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 04:38 AM   #91
EvilSmurf
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
As to the thread? I'm gonna do my Vinnie Bobbarino.... "I'm so confused!" Are we supposed to be picking on this hapless little self-promoter and rooting her on to bodily injury? Or are we supposed to be going after ICP fans? If you guys could just tell me who we're picking on, it'd make my life so much easier.

Thank you in advance,
Foolmewunz
I think the best way is to pick on both.
EvilSmurf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 06:58 AM   #92
GreNME
Philosopher

Now this may shock you, but this girl isn't mentally stable. Everyone seems to be blaming the ICP fans like she was some sort of angel. I'm not saying it's right what the crowd did, but if you want to point fingers at who's responsible for this tranewreck it's society in general.
No, the juggaloos are responsible. "Society" wasn't throwing crap and didn't (allegedly) chase her to her trailer. Honestly, considering the mental stability and capacity of jugaloos, I'd posit that Tequila was probably higher on the bell curve for the first time in her life at that concert.

The kind of pacifism I endorse is brought about by eliminating one enemy combatant at a time.-- JoeyDonuts
GreNME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 09:29 AM   #93
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Kahalachan View Post
Heh we're so used to youtube being our primary source of video we forget there are other, less restricted, sources out there. A quick google search pulled this up

NSFW, cause of nudity and language. Surprisingly no real violence. But you can see how the crowd eventually starts throwing more stuff and it probably gets much worse after this vid.

Maybe if she had stripped stark bucko naked they wouldn't have attacked her. All kidding aside there is no excuse for attacking a woman and making her feel like she was going to be murdered.
Old 17th August 2010, 09:45 AM   #94
bynmdsue
Graduate Poster

They should have gang-raped her...oh,wait...that's only funny if Sarah Palin is the target.
bynmdsue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 10:12 AM   #95
Schrodinger's Cat

Originally Posted by bynmdsue View Post
They should have gang-raped her...oh,wait...that's only funny if Sarah Palin is the target.

This thread has nothing to do with politics. Not every aspect of human interaction needs to be related back to your personal political obsessions.

from http://www.wwtdd.com :

Quote:
Yeah tough guy, we get it, you don’t like her. What a bold and rebellious opinion. So go attack ICP for inviting her. Tila is 18 inches tall and weighs less than a house cat. Even if she doubled in size overnight I could still carry her around in a backpack. It would look like she was teaching me the Force.

Last edited by Schrodinger's Cat; 17th August 2010 at 10:14 AM.
Schrodinger's Cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 10:21 AM   #96
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by Kahalachan View Post

Seeing the video I thought three things:

1) She really sticks it out. They throw stuff at her for a long time but she keeps singing.

2) You can't see her tits very well.

3) Why is everyone so nonchalant about the throwing stuff early on?
Old 17th August 2010, 10:22 AM   #97
RobRoy
Not A Mormon

Even then, not funny, and I usually laugh at everything.

Now taking bets on the Clinton Indictment!
RobRoy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 10:47 AM   #98
dirtywick
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
The comments are pretty nasty though. Even some racism.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 11:01 AM   #99
joobz
Tergiversator

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
That is just a result of the John Gabriel Greater Internet ****wad theory.
"Perhaps one reason per capita GDP is lower in UHC countries is because they've tried to prevent this important function [bankrupting the sick] and thus carry forward considerable economic dead wood?"-BeAChooser
joobz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 11:08 AM   #100
Cainkane1
Philosopher

I don't like this. No I do not.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:11 AM   #101
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GreNME View Post
No, the juggaloos are responsible. "Society" wasn't throwing crap and didn't (allegedly) chase her to her trailer. Honestly, considering the mental stability and capacity of jugaloos, I'd posit that Tequila was probably higher on the bell curve for the first time in her life at that concert.
Not only chase this small woman into her trailor but smash the windows with rocks and try to break the door down. She had every reason to think she was going to be murdered. Hopefully some of these losers can be identified and get some punishment.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:12 AM   #102
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Maybe if she had stripped stark bucko naked they wouldn't have attacked her. All kidding aside there is no excuse for attacking a woman and making her feel like she was going to be murdered.
She might not be being entirely honest about her feeling about the assault. Best to play it up for more publicity.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 11:15 AM   #103
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Seeing the video I thought three things:

1) She really sticks it out. They throw stuff at her for a long time but she keeps singing.

2) You can't see her tits very well.

3) Why is everyone so nonchalant about the throwing stuff early on?
I have done research because of this thread, and decided that her tits are really not all that good. Basic fake books.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 11:16 AM   #104
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Tila Tequila vs The Jugaloos:No matter who wins, we lose.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 11:17 AM   #105
RobRoy
Not A Mormon

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
She might not be being entirely honest about her feeling about the assault. Best to play it up for more publicity.
I dunno. Did you see the picture of her post-attack? Given her size and lack of supernatural fighting abilities, I'd consider a mob throwing heavy objects and then rushing me to be of murderous intent.

RobRoy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 11:22 AM   #106
Furcifer

Originally Posted by GreNME View Post
Honestly, considering the mental stability and capacity of jugaloos, I'd posit that Tequila was probably higher on the bell curve for the first time in her life at that concert.

LMFAO, please enlighten us about the metal stability and capacity of jugaloos.

As usual you're talking out of your posterior and everyone knows it. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A CROWDS MENTAL CAPACITY. You are a liar by saying you do.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:23 AM   #107
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by RobRoy View Post
I dunno. Did you see the picture of her post-attack? Given her size and lack of supernatural fighting abilities, I'd consider a mob throwing heavy objects and then rushing me to be of murderous intent.
She didn't leave when they started throwing thing like plastic bottles.

Of course this is a likely a good career movie for her, gets her name back out there so she can do her next reality show, where she will need new ways of humiliating her suitors.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:32 AM   #108
Schrodinger's Cat

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
I forgot there even were comments on this web site, as comments are listed on a separate page than the main story. Unfortunate though that people would inject race into this.
Schrodinger's Cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 11:32 AM   #109
RobRoy
Not A Mormon

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
She didn't leave when they started throwing thing like plastic bottles.
My understanding and experience is that things get thrown on the stage all the time. It's not always cause for concern, though it is cause for security to start taking things seriously.

However, seeing the marks on her face from being hit by flying objects, thus reflecting that she was hurt repeatedly from the crowd's actions, and again taking into account her size and lack of supernatural ninja skills, I see no reason to doubt that she would be afraid for her life. This does not mean that the crowd was going to kill her, but lacking mental telepathy, it's hard for a victim to know what their attackers are thinking.

Last edited by RobRoy; 17th August 2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:36 AM   #110
Cainkane1
Philosopher

I think the ICP and the juggalos are scum bags.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:37 AM   #111
Furcifer

My understanding and experience is that things get thrown on the stage all the time. It's not always cause for concern, though it is cause for security to start taking things seriously.
Correct, but they don't usually chant "Get off the stage you suck, this is going no where, if you're going to stay show us your boobs, no your boobs suck too, just go away"
Old 17th August 2010, 11:40 AM   #112
Furcifer

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
I think the ICP and the juggalos are scum bags.
I feel the same way about PETA, Bill O'Reilly and Alex Jones.

I've got several more. What should we do nuke them too?
Old 17th August 2010, 11:43 AM   #113
RobRoy
Not A Mormon

Correct, but they don't usually chant "Get off the stage you suck, this is going no where, if you're going to stay show us your boobs, no your boobs suck too, just go away"
You haven't been to one of my concerts, have you?

Hardly matters though given that my response was in regards to Tila Tequila stating that she was afraid for her life and believed that the mob would kill her. Hecklers are hardly a new thing in the stage entertainment industry, even if the performer/performance is heckle worthy.

Old 17th August 2010, 12:02 PM   #114
Furcifer

Hardly matters though given that my response was in regards to Tila Tequila stating that she was afraid for her life and believed that the mob would kill her. Hecklers are hardly a new thing in the stage entertainment industry, even if the performer/performance is heckle worthy.
I don't think I have, no

Tequila said she was afraid for her life last year, but from herself

That was a lie. Now that she's crying wolf I'm less inclined to believe her. They wanted her off stage, she wouldn't go, the bouncers got physical, the crowd reacted and they chased her off. I certainly could have got ugly, and a bunch of angry clowns chasing you and throwing stuff might traumatize you.

But if you think for a second this drama queen didn't have an angle you're just being naive.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:12 PM   #115
RobRoy
Not A Mormon

That was a lie. Now that she's crying wolf I'm less inclined to believe her. They wanted her off stage, she wouldn't go, the bouncers got physical, the crowd reacted and they chased her off. I certainly could have got ugly, and a bunch of angry clowns chasing you and throwing stuff might traumatize you.
You've just described by 8th birthday party, and yes, those clowns were definitely trying to kill me.

Quote:
But if you think for a second this drama queen didn't have an angle you're just being naive.
I prefer the term naively optimistic. Until proven otherwise, and given the circumstances, on this one I'm willing to give her a pass. How she proceeds from here will determine if I revoke it.

Old 17th August 2010, 12:12 PM   #116
Furcifer

How many legitimate acts have you seen stay on stage after being booed and people throwing stuff? You think Tila was so dedicated to her art to just wanted to persevere?

Or is it more likely she thought "Hey I'll just keep going and antagonize the crowd, so what if I get hit with something, I'll just sue"?
Old 17th August 2010, 01:03 PM   #117
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Where did this idea that Tila Tequila is a comedian come from? I have never heard it anywhere other than this thread and the fact it's been repeated several times indicates that some people are taking what they read on essentially anonymous internet fora too seriously. That's fair enough, but this is supposed to be a sceptics forum!
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 01:15 PM   #118
Furcifer

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
Where did this idea that Tila Tequila is a comedian come from?
She's a joke.
Old 17th August 2010, 01:27 PM   #119
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Maybe the ICP could book Heidi Montag for their next show.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2010, 01:37 PM   #120
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

How many legitimate acts have you seen stay on stage after being booed and people throwing stuff? You think Tila was so dedicated to her art to just wanted to persevere?

Or is it more likely she thought "Hey I'll just keep going and antagonize the crowd, so what if I get hit with something, I'll just sue"?
Or maybe that she's not gotten the reception she hoped for, and was upset and not behaving rationally? Not an argument that she should have stayed, but there are perfectly plausible reasons she might have stayed without nefarious intent.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events