ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Darlie Routier , death penalty cases , murder cases , Texas cases

Reply
Old 12th August 2017, 09:40 AM   #361
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator
 
Ampulla of Vater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North of the White Line of Toldt
Posts: 3,021
Originally Posted by desmirelle View Post
I think she should have pled temporary insanity citing postpartum depression.

I don't think that's the truth, but that's what she should have done. Sixteen different ways to have the event happen indicate some consciousness of guilt. Which is why she should have pled the above. She did it, that's what the evidence shows. Since we heard Darin stomping down the stairs, he didn't do it. That leaves Darlie. Not a whole lot of choice since Drake couldn't get out of the crib to do it and the dog lacked opposable thumbs to hold the knife.
Amen, sister.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 01:04 PM   #362
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Originally Posted by Ampulla of Vater View Post
Amen, sister.
I am yet to see you take on Sinsaint's detailed analysis point by point as she does your's.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2017, 08:20 AM   #363
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
It would be a monstrous thing if Darlie Routier was executed.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2017, 10:22 AM   #364
Sinsaint
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I am yet to see you take on Sinsaint's detailed analysis point by point as she does your's.
She wonít because she canít.
Sinsaint is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2017, 02:31 PM   #365
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator
 
Ampulla of Vater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North of the White Line of Toldt
Posts: 3,021
Originally Posted by Sinsaint View Post
She wonít because she canít.
That's not true. Quite simply I am working 12 hours a day and, as I am sure you are aware, it takes time to go down these rabbit holes. I have deeply investigated so many cases over the years that I cannot keep track of the specifics of each one, at least not to the level of detail required in this instance. I haven't been down this particular hole for over 5 years and I just do not have the time to do it right now. When I get a minute in my current life, I chose to spend it with family. Or asleep.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2017, 11:41 PM   #366
Sinsaint
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by Ampulla of Vater View Post
That's not true. Quite simply I am working 12 hours a day and, as I am sure you are aware, it takes time to go down these rabbit holes. I have deeply investigated so many cases over the years that I cannot keep track of the specifics of each one, at least not to the level of detail required in this instance. I haven't been down this particular hole for over 5 years and I just do not have the time to do it right now. When I get a minute in my current life, I chose to spend it with family. Or asleep.
Well then, let me suggest one of two things. Reacquaint yourself with the facts of this case or stop running your mouth without the ability to back up your BS. Quite simple.
Sinsaint is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2017, 11:54 PM   #367
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Originally Posted by Ampulla of Vater View Post
That's not true. Quite simply I am working 12 hours a day and, as I am sure you are aware, it takes time to go down these rabbit holes. I have deeply investigated so many cases over the years that I cannot keep track of the specifics of each one, at least not to the level of detail required in this instance. I haven't been down this particular hole for over 5 years and I just do not have the time to do it right now. When I get a minute in my current life, I chose to spend it with family. Or asleep.
Originally Posted by Sinsaint View Post
Well then, let me suggest one of two things. Reacquaint yourself with the facts of this case or stop running your mouth without the ability to back up your BS. Quite simple.
This is an important case.
I know enough about you both to realise that there is a thirst for truth and justice, for now I definitely back Sinsaint and her detail. I will ask Charlie Wilkes if he has time to review Sinsaint's material, unusually he is an outlier here.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 02:10 AM   #368
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
I still think that the Darlie Routier case was a gross miscarriage of justice and bad police work.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 03:03 PM   #369
wasapi
Philosopher
 
wasapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,423
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
I still think that the Darlie Routier case was a gross miscarriage of justice and bad police work.
Of course you do. You also think Jeffery MacDonald is innocent.

Enough said.
__________________
Julia
wasapi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 02:21 AM   #370
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
Jeffrey MacDonald is innocent. I still think the Routier husband may have done it, or he was involved. The police can't just disregard the law because they have decided on the real culprit.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 04:43 AM   #371
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
Jeffrey MacDonald is innocent. I still think the Routier husband may have done it, or he was involved. The police can't just disregard the law because they have decided on the real culprit.
Surely it is the outsider Henri. I don't believe Darlie or her husband did it. Nor that The Ramseys killed their daughter. Nor that Mark Lundy did similar, or David Bain or Jeremy Bamber.
But beliefs should be cast aside.
There is a god in theory, who sees what happened, we should form a concensus by considering the nature of that black woman.

Last edited by Samson; 27th October 2017 at 04:46 AM.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2017, 08:50 AM   #372
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
I still think the Darlie Routier case was an unsafe verdict.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 09:13 AM   #373
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
There is an item on the internet about some new mysterious DNA discoveries at the Darlie Routier crime scene. I don't know the date of this:

Quote:
URGENT: New DNA found from an unknown person

After the court ordered DNA testing, Texas DPS discovered traces of new DNA from an unkown person. They do not have equipment sensitive enough to get more details of that DNA. Therefore the court approved additional testing but it must be paid for by the Defense. We need to raise about $15,000 for tests at a new laboratory. Please donate by paypal or check.
Donations by PayPal: Darlie Routier Legal Defense Fund (DNA Testing) , or by check.

Donations by check should be mailed to the following address:
Attention Lauren Schmidt
Brownstein Hyatt Farber and Schreck, LLP
LLP 410 Seventeenth Street, Suite 2200
Denver, Colorado 80202
Please be sure to write "For Darlie Routier, DNA Testing" at the bottom of your check or it will have to be returned.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2017, 06:30 AM   #374
Ampulla of Vater
Illuminator
 
Ampulla of Vater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North of the White Line of Toldt
Posts: 3,021
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
There is an item on the internet about some new mysterious DNA discoveries at the Darlie Routier crime scene. I don't know the date of this:
You don't know the date of it because it is strictly a bid for donations off the fordarlieroutier site. They don't want to date it because they want donations regardless of developments.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2017, 03:09 AM   #375
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
It must be awful to be like Darlie Routier and be innocent in prison.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2017, 08:50 AM   #376
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
There is an interesting article about the Darlie Routier case at:

https://hcnews.com/pages/justice_for...-routier-case/

Quote:
“The system is completely rigged against somebody who has been convicted,” said Jeff Blackburn, founder of the Innocence Project of Texas. “The view of the system is to never question the conviction, and to stand behind it at all cost.”

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 23rd December 2017 at 08:53 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2017, 12:40 AM   #377
desmirelle
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
It must be awful to be like Darlie Routier and be innocent in prison.
FIFY
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2017, 12:54 PM   #378
Stellafane
Village Idiot.
 
Stellafane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,647
Originally Posted by desmirelle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
It must be awful to be like Darlie Routier and be innocent in prison
.
FIFY
A bit of further fixing.
__________________
Another Shameless Googlebomb Plug for www.stopsylvia.com

Last edited by Stellafane; 26th December 2017 at 12:56 PM.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2017, 06:50 PM   #379
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Oh my, the sisterhood goes off piste sometimes.
Sinsaint has done excellent work, and goes to the crime scene and the evidence.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2017, 05:28 AM   #380
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery
 
lionking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 42,617
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Oh my, the sisterhood goes off piste sometimes.
Sinsaint has done excellent work, and goes to the crime scene and the evidence.
Sinsaint posts nothing but evidence from incredulity. But you fall for this time after time in thread after thread.

Just like MacDonald, a slam-dunk conviction.
__________________
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 03:42 AM   #381
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Sinsaint posts nothing but evidence from incredulity. But you fall for this time after time in thread after thread.

Just like MacDonald, a slam-dunk conviction.
The public and the House of Commons, and even journalists, only understand straight lines. MacDonald is innocent and his case should have been thoroughly and properly INVESTIGATED. At least Sinsaint posts facts and details and not just opinions.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 03:38 AM   #382
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
There was an item about the Darlie Routier case , probably an old repeat, on that American Unsolved mysteries show. It started with a very young and inexperienced local cop saying he thought Darlie did it from the first minute. Then a juror was interviewed who said he is now totally convinced Darlie is innocent after seeing the photos of her injuries which were withheld at the trial. Her slit throat was said to be about a tenth of a millimetre from a life threatening artery.

Darlie's mother spoke sense, and that Darlie was wrongly convicted on that silly string video. A couple of lawyers spoke on her behalf. Rather alarmingly it said that if she fails her next appeal an execution date will be arranged. It seemed to conclude that there had been a rapist in the area who used a sock to smother his victims and was never caught. Personally, I have always thought the husband had something to do with it, though I suppose there is no firm evidence.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2018, 09:07 AM   #383
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
There should have been a careful investigation in the Darlie Routier case.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2018, 11:57 AM   #384
desmirelle
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
There should have been a careful investigation in the Darlie Routier case.
I know you hate to be bothered with facts, but there was. It's the reason she's quite properly incarcerated at the moment.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2018, 02:46 PM   #385
wasapi
Philosopher
 
wasapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,423
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
There should have been a careful investigation in the Darlie Routier case.

Even though it is coming from you, Henri, I can't believe you could make a statement like that. A careful investigation has gone on for years. Because you don't agree with them, does not mean one has not been done. If anything, her money grabbing mother has had more testing done, so Darlie has an advantage that many others don't.

She and she alone viciously stabbed her two little boys to death.
__________________
Julia
wasapi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 03:38 AM   #386
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
I posted a bit about the Darlie Routier case on Topix forum in 2007:

Quote:
I just feel that there has never been a careful investigation into the Darlie Routier case. I think it was just like the Ramsey case where the local very inexperienced police just 'knew' Darlie did it in the first twenty minutes.
<snip>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...FRINFJMJFDC/p2


Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 4.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 1st February 2018 at 01:52 PM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 04:10 AM   #387
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
There is some background information about the Darlie Routier case at this website:

https://soapboxie.com/government/Darlie-Routier
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2018, 03:50 AM   #388
Henri McPhee
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 3,216
The police are apt to jump to conclusions in some of these murder cases, like the Darlie Routier case. You assume nothing.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2018, 06:48 PM   #389
Metullus
Forum ĺ-Wit Pro Tem
 
Metullus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,045
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
I posted a bit about the Darlie Routier case on Topix forum in 2007:



http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...FRINFJMJFDC/p2


Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 4.
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
There is some background information about the Darlie Routier case at this website:

https://soapboxie.com/government/Darlie-Routier
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
The police are apt to jump to conclusions in some of these murder cases, like the Darlie Routier case. You assume nothing.
Thank you, Henri. I am now convinced of her guilt.
__________________
I have met Tim at TAM. He is of sufficient height to piss on your leg. - Doubt 10/7/2005 - I'll miss Tim.

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2018, 07:42 PM   #390
wasapi
Philosopher
 
wasapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,423
Originally Posted by Metullus View Post
Thank you, Henri. I am now convinced of her guilt.
I don't know if Henri gets the sarcasm. Darlie has had more chances for testing to try and prove her innocence then most prisoners, but they all come back pointing to who is guilty. Darlie murdered her children.
__________________
Julia
wasapi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 07:34 AM   #391
Metullus
Forum ĺ-Wit Pro Tem
 
Metullus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,045
Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I don't know if Henri gets the sarcasm. Darlie has had more chances for testing to try and prove her innocence then most prisoners, but they all come back pointing to who is guilty. Darlie murdered her children.
I am pretty sure he does not get sarcasm.

And yes, she is as guilty as they come.
__________________
I have met Tim at TAM. He is of sufficient height to piss on your leg. - Doubt 10/7/2005 - I'll miss Tim.

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2018, 03:34 PM   #392
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I don't know if Henri gets the sarcasm. Darlie has had more chances for testing to try and prove her innocence then most prisoners, but they all come back pointing to who is guilty. Darlie murdered her children.
This is new to me. It makes a self inflicted wound extremely unlikely. How do you address this?

Cut in Darlie's Neck
Saying the cut in her neck was 2mm of the carotid sheath but external to the carotid artery was what Darlie's operating surgeons reported, and that the necklace she had on blocked the cut from going deeper, showing the seriousness and unlikelihood that Darlie did or even could have done this herself.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2018, 01:38 AM   #393
desmirelle
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 460
It could also mean that she didn't take or failed anatomy; or maybe it wasn't offered at her High School.

It could also mean that once it hurt, she stopped cutting.

She's not the brightest crayon in the box.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2018, 07:43 AM   #394
SpitfireIX
Illuminator
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Posts: 4,501
Or it could mean she was planning to kill herself, too, but lost her nerve. I think the "'F' in anatomy" explanation is more likely, though. But it certainly isn't exculpatory, as her supporters like to pretend.
__________________
Handy responses to conspiracy theorists' claims:
1) "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." --Charles Babbage
2) "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." --Wolfgang Pauli
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2018, 08:03 PM   #395
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Maybe Jeffrey MacDonald pulled this stunt effectively, he was very bright, note.
Darlie was a dull crayon? OK, we can't have it both ways.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 01:41 AM   #396
SpitfireIX
Illuminator
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Posts: 4,501
This makes no sense. JM was a doctor, so he was able to wound himself with no danger of serious injury. DR is not very bright, and presumably has no knowledge of anatomy, so it's perfectly reasonable that she wounded herself in a way that risked a potentially fatal injury. Further, you're ignoring the possibility of a suicide attempt.
__________________
Handy responses to conspiracy theorists' claims:
1) "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." --Charles Babbage
2) "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." --Wolfgang Pauli
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 03:00 AM   #397
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
This makes no sense. JM was a doctor, so he was able to wound himself with no danger of serious injury. DR is not very bright, and presumably has no knowledge of anatomy, so it's perfectly reasonable that she wounded herself in a way that risked a potentially fatal injury. Further, you're ignoring the possibility of a suicide attempt.
The suicide attempt has not ever been mooted, and makes no sense. Either she was desperate for cash so killed her children for the insurance, or was in nihilistic mode in your dichotomy.
I buy neither, Sinsaint has answered all the crime scene data with proper analysis. Sinsaint is the guru here, go back thread and falsify her case, then watch Darlie swing.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 04:33 AM   #398
SpitfireIX
Illuminator
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Posts: 4,501
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
The suicide attempt has not ever been mooted, and makes no sense. Either she was desperate for cash so killed her children for the insurance, or was in nihilistic mode in your dichotomy.

That's a false dichotomy. It's also possible that she killed them for money, immediately felt overwhelming guilt and remorse, and in the moment made a halfhearted attempt to kill herself.

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I buy neither, Sinsaint has answered all the crime scene data with proper analysis. Sinsaint is the guru here, go back thread and falsify her case, then watch Darlie swing.

I'm not going to rehash the entire thread; I'm busy elsewhere, and frankly I'm not that interested in this case. I seldom post in T&E; I mainly lurk (except I refuse to read the Amanda Knox thread; it's degenerated into endless rounds of pointless argument). I just jumped in to point out that the claim that the fact DR came within 2 mm of death from a knife wound is somehow exculpatory is specious. And I stand by that.

ETA: And even if, arguendo, we rule out a suicide attempt, that doesn't eliminate the "'F' in anatomy" explanation.
__________________
Handy responses to conspiracy theorists' claims:
1) "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." --Charles Babbage
2) "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." --Wolfgang Pauli
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya

Last edited by SpitfireIX; 17th March 2018 at 04:39 AM.
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 03:57 PM   #399
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,008
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
That's a false dichotomy. It's also possible that she killed them for money, immediately felt overwhelming guilt and remorse, and in the moment made a halfhearted attempt to kill herself.




I'm not going to rehash the entire thread; I'm busy elsewhere, and frankly I'm not that interested in this case. I seldom post in T&E; I mainly lurk (except I refuse to read the Amanda Knox thread; it's degenerated into endless rounds of pointless argument). I just jumped in to point out that the claim that the fact DR came within 2 mm of death from a knife wound is somehow exculpatory is specious. And I stand by that.

ETA: And even if, arguendo, we rule out a suicide attempt, that doesn't eliminate the "'F' in anatomy" explanation.
An f would be a normal grade for most, I would scarcely deserve such a high score. Yet it would be a steep learning curve to acquire such knowledge. This is a major event in your life and times of Darlie. She is killing her children, so her husband doesn't notice, and then stabbing herself to stay alive. Without a telltale computer search, she could easily acquire knowledge of a safe place to appear victim of a failed knife attack, without requiring the fortuitous presence of a necklace.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 12:36 PM   #400
wasapi
Philosopher
 
wasapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,423
There is a well researched forum on this case on FB. Recently I read the testimony from nurses who attended to DR's injuries. They all swore that if the situation had been different, the injury would have simply required butterfly bandages and she would have been sent straight home.

They also spoke of Darlie's lack of interest when one of the boy's bloody body was wheeled past her on a gurney. And, of her ongoing conversation about herself, but not questioning anything about her 2 dead sons.
__________________
Julia
wasapi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.