IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags assassinations , JFK assassination , John F. Kennedy , Kennedy conspiracies

Old 22nd May 2022, 10:38 AM   #361
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mikegriffith1 View Post
Given the evidence that has emerged over the last 10 years, I would say that the JFK assassination conspiracy theory is no longer a theory but a verified fact. I would say the say same thing about the RFK assassination. In the case of RFK's death, we have hard audio evidence that more bullets were fired in the pantry than Sirhan's gun could have fired.
Given that there has been no new evidence whatsoever, just rehashing old old, debunked claims by Johnny-Come-Latelies, and diehard JFK-CT burnouts.

Plus, a "verified fact" would include things like:

Physical Evidence
Records and Documents

There are none of these.

And then throwing RFK into the mix indicates a lack of concentration. It is a second incident which took place five years later in a different state, and has nothing to do with this topic. Combining the two plays into the Kennedy Mythos BS.
Old 22nd May 2022, 04:50 PM   #362
bknight
Master Poster

Given the evidence that has emerged over the last 10 years, I would say that the JFK assassination conspiracy theory is no longer a theory but a verified fact. I would say the say same thing about the RFK assassination. In the case of RFK's death, we have hard audio evidence that more bullets were fired in the pantry than Sirhan's gun could have fired.
This post does indicate you lack proper research skills. Nothing new has emerged.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:39 PM   #363
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Can I suggest you read this thread first? It will give you an idea of the depth of evidence and analysis that has gone into determining Oswald's guilt. Blithe assertions of new evidence, without actually presenting that evidence, are never going to work here.

'Of course it can be OK to mistreat people.'- shuttlt
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2022, 07:45 PM   #364
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
This post does indicate you lack proper research skills. Nothing new has emerged.
Indeed, and in fact the only "new" evidence that has emerged is in the form of declassified documents, and they have served only to cast more doubt on the idea of a conspiracy than there already was.

The JFK assassination is no mystery to those who pay attention to facts and evidence. President Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, a pathetic nobody, a man who was no more than average shooter, acting alone, who got off a couple of lucky shots at a sitting-duck target.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 06:34 AM   #365
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Indeed, and in fact the only "new" evidence that has emerged is in the form of declassified documents, and they have served only to cast more doubt on the idea of a conspiracy than there already was.

The JFK assassination is no mystery to those who pay attention to facts and evidence. President Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, a pathetic nobody, a man who was no more than average shooter, acting alone, who got off a couple of lucky shots at a sitting-duck target.
I havenít even seen much fake evidence produced in the past 10 years. Time was there was almost an industry that made stuff for buffs to crow over for a year or two until it was shown to be obviously faked. It would produce something like clockwork for ages. But I think that cow has been milked, and nobody is going to make bank with new fake evidence on a 60+ year old assassination.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 06:37 AM   #366
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I am surprised this one still has any legs. I mean after 9/11 and the New World Order and the entire descent of ~40% of the population into a complete post-fact world view the whole Kennedy thing seems almost quaint.
Old 25th May 2022, 01:14 AM   #367
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Are we going to get a peek at any of this new evidence, then, or was this yet another post-and-run?

'Of course it can be OK to mistreat people.'- shuttlt
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2022, 10:31 AM   #368
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Are we going to get a peek at any of this new evidence, then, or was this yet another post-and-run?
Someone was building up their post-count. I doubt we'll see anything as he posted short comments on many threads.
Old 26th May 2022, 02:48 PM   #369
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Someone was building up their post-count. I doubt we'll see anything as he posted short comments on many threads.
He has nearly 400 posts already? Presumably one of the mods found his old account and had them merged
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2022, 08:03 PM   #370
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
He has nearly 400 posts already? Presumably one of the mods found his old account and had them merged
Yup. Heís been here. Not too hard to figure out who he was if you look at his merged posts and se the name in the replies.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2022, 02:37 AM   #371
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
His join date has been wound back to 2012. - he joined as bobtaftfan

Last edited by smartcooky; 27th May 2022 at 02:40 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2022, 10:33 AM   #372
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
His join date has been wound back to 2012. - he joined as bobtaftfan
I remember that name - like a bad burrito.

One his first posts:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=373

From 2014
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories