ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alternate history , History humor , Texas history

Old 7th March 2018, 08:24 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

What if Santa Anna had had nuclear weapons at the Alamo?

I dunno, but the movie sure as hell would have been different!

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2018, 09:32 PM   #2
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I don't know either but I would love it if he had been tied to one that was then armed and time triggered. Give him time to think on his evil doings (the little ******)!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2018, 09:33 PM   #3
fuelair
Suspended

Riding the Mushroom we call it!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 05:59 AM   #4
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Well, ...

The first thing that I can think of is that a small amount Ozzy Osbourne pee would be radioactive.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 06:05 AM   #5
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Nuclear weapons on either side wouldn't have made any difference. Bowie and Travis didn't have any Spitfires, so in any case they would have surrendered within a week.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 06:06 AM   #6
Belz...
Fiend God

What if Santa Claus had had nuclear weapons at the Alamo?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 06:09 AM   #7
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

What if Alamo Rent-A-Car had nuclear weapons?

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 06:24 AM   #8
bobdroege7
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
What if Alamo Rent-A-Car had nuclear weapons?

Then I wouldn't rent from National.

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 06:27 AM   #9
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

What happened at the Alamo? I forget.
Old 8th March 2018, 06:30 AM   #10
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
What happened at the Alamo? I forget.
I think it's where William Wallace defended Rohan from the invading Persians.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 06:50 AM   #11
Tommy Jeppesen
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
LOL!!!
Old 8th March 2018, 07:12 AM   #12
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Tommy Jeppesen View Post
LOL!!!
"And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, for a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises, IN SPARTA!"

Old 8th March 2018, 02:49 PM   #13
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Saturday Night Live, back in the 1970's, did a skit called "What if Napoleon had a B-52 at the battle of Waterloo" which ends with him nuking Wellington....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2018, 04:32 PM   #14
Axxman300
Illuminator

With the quality of Santa Ana's army the bomb would have detonated prematurely, forcing us to endure conspiracy theories about how US and or French spies set it off.
Old 8th March 2018, 08:10 PM   #15
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Pretty much that, without Hobbits, though!!!!!
Old 9th March 2018, 04:51 AM   #16
Octavo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
People wouldn't need to keep reminding us to remember the Alamo, which, all things considered would have been a significant improvement on the current situation.
Old 9th March 2018, 05:13 AM   #17
catsmate
No longer the 1

One for the ASB forum.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 05:53 PM   #18
Dabop
Muse

That link requires you to be logged in btw

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 06:54 AM   #19
Myles
Student

Since nuclear is trendy, one could say the Texans would have gotten la mode.
Myles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 07:50 AM   #20
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Myles View Post

Since nuclear is trendy, one could say the Texans would have gotten la mode.
You used your first post for a terrible pun? Congratulations! You'll fit in well here, especially in the Humor forum. Welcome!

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts