ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Closed Thread
Old 13th March 2018, 05:03 AM   #2721
Parsman
Muse

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
That Trump, against all evidence, wasn't a true Scotsman after all?
Half a Scotsman, to our eternal shame Mind you it would at least go part way to explaining the orange hair - not the skin mind, just the hair...

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 05:23 AM   #2722
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I wonder what TBD and the other nay-sayers will say if and when Mueller's investigation takes down the major players of Trump's organisation and family? What excuses should we get?
The nay-sayers of record (I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same individuals) haven't actually said a damned thing in defense of Trump. It's their version of plausible deniability. All their energies are directed to actual "nay" saying. Attacking the critics. Indirectly, of course, it achieves the same result but they like to salve their consciences with the fact that they're not really Trump people, just conservatives who hate libruls and progressives and moderates and well, anyone who is against their dogma, the chief purveyor of which is Donald John Trump, but nosiree, they're not Trump supporters, not them.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 05:32 AM   #2723
Belz...
Fiend God

You're right, FMW. Some of them are actually Bernie bros, I hear.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 06:19 AM   #2724
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Tillerson calls attack on Skripal "egregious", and opines that "it clearly came from Russia". It'll be interesting to see how his position compares to that of Trump.
Old 13th March 2018, 06:24 AM   #2725
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I think, perhaps, we can gauge Trump's response from Sarah Sanders':

I.e. "Russia? What's a Russia?"
Old 13th March 2018, 06:41 AM   #2726
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Tillerson calls attack on Skripal "egregious", and opines that "it clearly came from Russia". It'll be interesting to see how his position compares to that of Trump.
From the Trump thread:

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Tillerson out. Spook in.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/u...on-pompeo.html

"Rex Tillerson Out as Trump’s Secretary of State, Replaced by Mike Pompeo"
Old 13th March 2018, 08:04 AM   #2727
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
From the Trump thread:
Yes. I wonder in what order that all happened.

Speaking of Tillerson....
Old 13th March 2018, 08:06 AM   #2728
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

The US State Department have denied a Russian ambassador offered to meet with Tillerson in Ethiopia last week, and the Russians seem quite keen to prove that the invitation was indeed sent
Old 13th March 2018, 08:33 AM   #2729
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Hypothetical what if Putin has Homosexual sex tapes of Trump with young men,
what will happen to his Evangelical base? Could stormy Daniels secret be that Trump is Hi sexual?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:44 AM   #2730
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
What if Putin has Homosexual sex with young men over tapes of Trump?

Quote:
what will happen to his Evangelical base?
Nothing.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:47 AM   #2731
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

what will happen to his Evangelical base? Could stormy Daniels secret be that Trump is Hi sexual?

Can you think of a more effective Gay-Conversion Therapy than having sex with Trump ?
Old 13th March 2018, 08:48 AM   #2732
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

What if Putin has Homosexual sex with young men over tapes of Trump?

Nothing.
Actually that's the one thing the Evangelicals can not tolerate. Fire and Brimstone you know.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 09:01 AM   #2733
Belz...
Fiend God

Actually that's the one thing the Evangelicals can not tolerate. Fire and Brimstone you know.
Nonsense. There's plenty of things they don't tolerate and yet said nothing about with regards to Trump. Or were you being facetious?

Old 13th March 2018, 10:26 AM   #2734
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Nonsense. There's plenty of things they don't tolerate and yet said nothing about with regards to Trump. Or were you being facetious?
They have Preached The fire and Brimstone sermons for 2000 years, Evangelicals especially the ministers can't endorse Anal sex or Tolerate it, the one thing they can't excuse, worse than murder to them.
Old 13th March 2018, 10:40 AM   #2735
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

It's being reported that the FBI tried to meet with Rybka, but was prevented from doing so by Thai authorities

[Edited to fix link]

Last edited by Squeegee Beckenheim; 13th March 2018 at 11:23 AM.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 10:46 AM   #2736
Belz...
Fiend God

They have Preached The fire and Brimstone sermons for 2000 years, Evangelicals especially the ministers can't endorse Anal sex or Tolerate it, the one thing they can't excuse, worse than murder to them.
Yeah? Watch them.

Convenience is stronger than ideology.

Old 13th March 2018, 10:46 AM   #2737
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Hi, and thanks for your link to "the tweet from Olga_Lautman NYC .."

That tweet appears to have nothing to do with what you are claiming.

can you explain why you have linked to "Olga_Lautman NYC .."
Old 13th March 2018, 10:50 AM   #2738
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

After seeing how well it went for Putin, they want to give Trump a chance to make an offer first
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 10:54 AM   #2739
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Yeah? Watch them.

Convenience is stronger than ideology.
I am some Evangelicals are putting two and two together.
https://www.myajc.com/news/white-eva...orPhbfFPKcOiM/
Old 13th March 2018, 11:00 AM   #2740
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Typical: having the cake and eating it, too:
They will stick with Trump as long as he keeps on giving them what they want - unless they find someone else who can do the same.
Old 13th March 2018, 11:05 AM   #2741
Belz...
Fiend God

Some, sure. I'm talking generally.

Old 13th March 2018, 11:13 AM   #2742
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

No if this turns out to be true it would doom Trump even Mitch McConnell couldn't support him and hope to be re elected to the senate in Ky.
You have very odd views about Evangelical values. Honestly.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:18 AM   #2743
kellyb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
You have very odd views about Evangelical values. Honestly.
I dunno. Gaysex really might be a dealbreaker for them. It's about bigotry, not religion.
Old 13th March 2018, 11:19 AM   #2744
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
I dunno. Gaysex really might be a dealbreaker for them. It's about bigotry, not religion.
Crazy Chainsaw is currently talking about heterosexual anal intercourse, not gay sex.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:22 AM   #2745
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Crazy Chainsaw is currently talking about heterosexual anal intercourse, not gay sex.
...still the issue whether Trump was on the giving or receiving end....
Old 13th March 2018, 11:22 AM   #2746
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Admittedly, there did seem to be a lot of confusion from him on that point...

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:23 AM   #2747
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Hi, and thanks for your link to "the tweet from Olga_Lautman NYC .."

That tweet appears to have nothing to do with what you are claiming.

can you explain why you have linked to "Olga_Lautman NYC .."
Thanks for the heads-up. Fixed.
Old 13th March 2018, 11:26 AM   #2748
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

The Evangelicals in Kentucky at Mitch's church preach Sodomy is Sodomy as do most Fundamentalist babtists and Methodists.
So to them it doesn't matter Kentucky even tried to pass an Anti Sodomy Law.
Old 13th March 2018, 12:03 PM   #2749
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

I thought it was gay sex

But not that I think that is likely.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 12:08 PM   #2750
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

The Evangelicals in Kentucky at Mitch's church preach Sodomy is Sodomy as do most Fundamentalist babtists and Methodists.
Basically they are against any type of sex that cannot result in offspring.

Although I'm surprised they'd be that much against sodomy... after all, that's where lawyers come from.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 12:11 PM   #2751
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Yes. I wonder in what order that all happened.

Speaking of Tillerson....
Let me speculate if I may. Tillerson badmouths Russia. Russia tells Trump to can Tillerson. Trump does.

Now it could be Russia manipulated Trump rather than giving him a direct order. It probably wasn't hard to do.
Old 13th March 2018, 12:24 PM   #2752
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
I thought it was gay sex

But not that I think that is likely.
See his later posts. Chainsaw is quite convinced that, if it becomes public knowledge that Trump engaged in heterosexual anal sex, then McConnell will not be re-elected in Kentucky.

It is a novel political analysis, I'll grant that.
Old 13th March 2018, 01:59 PM   #2753
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

You mean, except for when they get caught at it.

Then they can be "forgiven".
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 03:08 PM   #2754
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

See his later posts. Chainsaw is quite convinced that, if it becomes public knowledge that Trump engaged in heterosexual anal sex, then McConnell will not be re-elected in Kentucky.

It is a novel political analysis, I'll grant that.
Fair enough - and it is a somewhat hypothetical situation.

<derail>

That last line looks British in its choice of words - I approve. Do you think you've been influenced by our liking for moderate understatement, or have you always liked that?
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 03:16 PM   #2755
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And it might have cost Tillerson his job.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 03:27 PM   #2756
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Re Tillerson, I've seen it reported that the decision to get rid of him happened while he was in Africa, so him speaking out about Russia happened afterwards. Whether or not he knew at that point that he'd been fired is a different question that I don't know the answer to.
Old 13th March 2018, 03:28 PM   #2757
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Fair enough - and it is a somewhat hypothetical situation.

<derail>

That last line looks British in its choice of words - I approve. Do you think you've been influenced by our liking for moderate understatement, or have you always liked that?
People often guess (by my accent) that I'm either British or Irish, when I'm actually from Oklahoma. I just grew up listening to too many Monty Python records.

That and (more recently) BBC4 downloads undoubtedly affected my tendency for understatement.
Old 13th March 2018, 03:50 PM   #2758
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Re Tillerson, I've seen it reported that the decision to get rid of him happened while he was in Africa, so him speaking out about Russia happened afterwards. Whether or not he knew at that point that he'd been fired is a different question that I don't know the answer to.
There have been rumors of everyone leaving and Trump denying it. None of that means a thing.
Old 13th March 2018, 04:17 PM   #2759
Stacko
Philosopher

Rep. Trey Gowdy disagrees with GOP colleagues in House probe, says Russia wanted to hurt Hillary Clinton

Quote:
In a statement, Gowdy said it was "clear, based on the evidence, Russia had disdain for Secretary Clinton and was motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her Presidency had she prevailed."

The statement from Gowdy, who is not seeking re-election at the end of his current term, cuts against conclusions announced Monday by the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee.

Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., said on Monday that the committee, which has been active for more than a year, has finished conducting interviews as part of its investigation. In his statement, Nunes thanked Gowdy, as well as Republican Reps. Tom Rooney of Florida and Mike Conaway of Texas, "for the excellent job they've done leading this investigation."

But Gowdy's Tuesday statement appeared to contradict the initial findings of his own investigation, which said it disagreed with the intelligence community's prior judgments "with respect to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin's supposed preference for candidate Trump."
It should be noted that Gowdy is the only HPSCI Republican to read the Carter Page FISA application.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2018, 03:05 AM   #2760
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

It's being reported that, via communication with Assange, Roger Stone knew about the Podesta emails before it was public knowledge

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics