ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Reply
Old 13th March 2018, 05:47 AM   #681
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 18,490
TILLERSON OUT!!!
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 05:50 AM   #682
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,109
Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
This fits Trump's modus operandi. Reportedly, he hates firing people. He sort of freezes them out and then has a subordinate tell them they're not welcome anymore. It's bizarre, though, that he can't even have an honest conversation with his own daughter.

I'm not saying this rumor's true. McMaster and Cohn will be the next ones out.
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
TILLERSON OUT!!!
No second round of applause for Loss Leader.

Still breaking news.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/03/1...ate-tillerson/

CIA Director Mike Pompeo will replace Tillerson.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 05:53 AM   #683
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,610
I understand that Putin didn't like Romney as Secretary of State, but does he really prefer Pompeo over Tillerson?
maybe Trump should ask his boss before this staff decision?
__________________
Opinion is divided on the subject. All the others say it is; I say it isn’t.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 05:59 AM   #684
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 44,154
Good to see Trump still stands by his catch phrase.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 06:17 AM   #685
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,718
Tillerson knew the risk he was taking when he bad-mouthed Putin over the Skripal case. Respect is due for doing it anyway, I think.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 06:41 AM   #686
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,863
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Tillerson knew the risk he was taking when he bad-mouthed Putin over the Skripal case. Respect is due for doing it anyway, I think.
I'm surprised he survived calling Trump a moron.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 06:52 AM   #687
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 18,231
And someone called John McEntee, over his security clearance. The Best People!
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 07:14 AM   #688
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,014
Gee whiz!

Rex Tillerson has finally got the boot and I am surprised that it has taken this long.

And by the way, due to the numerous State Department resignations in the last several months I sure hope that the last person to leave the State Department building will remember to turn out the lights.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:06 AM   #689
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 18,490
Tillerson even got the "He's a good man -- I like him" routine, but after the fact this time.
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:20 AM   #690
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 22,176
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And someone called John McEntee, over his security clearance. The Best People!

Am I missing something here?

As more and more people get booted out of the White House because of problems with getting their security clearances. shouldn't that make keeping Ivanka and Jared even more difficult?
__________________
"It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it."
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:22 AM   #691
The_Animus
Master Poster
 
The_Animus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,860
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And someone called John McEntee, over his security clearance. The Best People!
Being investigated for financial crimes, so they fire him and escort him out of the White House but then make him a senior campaign advisor....
__________________
Straw Man, Ad Hominem, Moving the Goalposts, and a massive post count are all good indicators that a poster is intellectually dishonest and not interested in real discussion.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:26 AM   #692
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14,698
Apparently John McEntee made certain that Trump always had markers for autographs , delivered messages to him at the White House, and last weekend made certain the clocks in the White House were "sprung forward" for daylight savings time (https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...red-1520945928). My God- Trump couldn't even hire a go-fer who didn't have serious issues!

Well, at least Mr. McEntee is now free to find a less demeaning job- assuming he stays clear of a conviction and prison.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:28 AM   #693
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 22,176
Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
Being investigated for financial crimes, so they fire him and escort him out of the White House but then make him a senior campaign advisor....

It says a lot about the ethical and moral character of the Trump campaign apparatus, but nothing we didn't already know from past performance.
__________________
"It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it."
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:43 AM   #694
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 17,288
OK, Tillerson puts out a press release supporting the UK conclusions about the source of the toxin and condemns Russia for their involvement, and suddenly gets canned.

How can Congress let this go unchecked?
__________________
"As your friend, I have to be honest with you: I don't care about you or your problems" - Gidget, Secret Life of Pets
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:51 AM   #695
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,863
Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
OK, Tillerson puts out a press release supporting the UK conclusions about the source of the toxin and condemns Russia for their involvement, and suddenly gets canned.

How can Congress let this go unchecked?
Because they're aiding and abetting.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 08:54 AM   #696
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 18,231
It would appear to have been in the works for at least a little while since David Dennison already had noms for SOSUS and CIA lined up.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 09:21 AM   #697
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,344
Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
OK, Tillerson puts out a press release supporting the UK conclusions about the source of the toxin and condemns Russia for their involvement, and suddenly gets canned.

How can Congress let this go unchecked?
Tillerson was told last Friday that he would be fired, so I think that his comments on Russia are irrelevant here.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 09:42 AM   #698
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 18,757
The BBC World Service introduced the Tillerson Story with, "it's been almost 7 full days since the last high-level aide left the White House..."
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 09:48 AM   #699
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 11,370
It seems like only yesterday when reports of Tillerson's pending ouster was labeled "fake news" by the Liar-in-Chief.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 09:49 AM   #700
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,604
Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 09:52 AM   #701
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,610
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Tillerson was told last Friday that he would be fired, so I think that his comments on Russia are irrelevant here.
I would see it as the opposite: he is making a last statement that ignoring Russia's aggressions is wrong.
His successor Pompeo is unabashedly wearing blinders when it comes to Russia, contradicting his own agency.
__________________
Opinion is divided on the subject. All the others say it is; I say it isn’t.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 10:29 AM   #702
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Tillerson was told last Friday that he would be fired, so I think that his comments on Russia are irrelevant here.
Correction. Trump says he told Tillerson on Friday. Trump makes stuff up.

According to a release from State Department Under Secretary Steve Goldstein, Tillerson didn't find out about his removal from the president and it appears that he may have heard the news through Trump's tweet.

"The Secretary did not speak to the President and is unaware of the reason, but he is grateful for the opportunity to serve, and still believes strongly that public service is a noble calling,"

So Tillerson got his bad news from the White House the same way the rest of us do, in a 4am Presidential bathroom tweet.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 10:42 AM   #703
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 18,231
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
TILLERSON OUT!!!
The Happiest Man in America!

Meanwhile, the State Department official who contradicted the official White House story of the firing has also been fired.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 10:48 AM   #704
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
The Happiest Man in America!

Meanwhile, the State Department official who contradicted the official White House story of the firing has also been fired.
This is starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch.
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 10:52 AM   #705
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Posts: 12,530
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
The Happiest Man in America!

Meanwhile, the State Department official who contradicted the official White House story of the firing has also been fired.
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
This is starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch.
This administration will now be completed, at last minute and great expense, in an entirely different style:

New Secretary of State: Chuck Llama Jones

ETA: Thinking in a different direction, I wonder if someone could make some cash by offering a combo deal on a horse and a fiddle...

Last edited by Hellbound; 13th March 2018 at 10:53 AM.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 10:52 AM   #706
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,610
For Trump's sake I hope he has a working NDA with Tillerson - otherwise the man has probably more to say than just "*********** Moron".
__________________
Opinion is divided on the subject. All the others say it is; I say it isn’t.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:11 AM   #707
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 44,154
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
For Trump's sake I hope he has a working NDA with Tillerson - otherwise the man has probably more to say than just "*********** Moron".
Secretary of State can not be bound by an NDA. He would of course be bound by what is or is not classified. But you can not have an NDA with official staff, only campaign staff.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:20 AM   #708
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,863
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Correction. Trump says he told Tillerson on Friday. Trump makes stuff up.

According to a release from State Department Under Secretary Steve Goldstein, Tillerson didn't find out about his removal from the president and it appears that he may have heard the news through Trump's tweet.

"The Secretary did not speak to the President and is unaware of the reason, but he is grateful for the opportunity to serve, and still believes strongly that public service is a noble calling,"

So Tillerson got his bad news from the White House the same way the rest of us do, in a 4am Presidential bathroom tweet.
Tillerson said he received a call from Trump around noon today, from Air Force One, more than three hours after WaPo alert and Trump tweet announcing his firing.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:29 AM   #709
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,718
Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
I'm surprised he survived calling Trump a moron.
I guess he's been on borrowed time since then. He couldn't be fired when the "copulating moron" thing was fresh news; now it can be associated with his anti-Russian comment, which is fine with Trump - it sends Vlad the right message.

From what I hear on Pompeo, war with Iran just came a lot closer. Trump's in a bit of a bind there, though, because Vlad's approval isn't a given.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:34 AM   #710
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,610
Pompeo is probably acceptable to Putin , since he is sure to drive US allies even further away than Trump alone has managed to far.
__________________
Opinion is divided on the subject. All the others say it is; I say it isn’t.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:35 AM   #711
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,718
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
The BBC World Service introduced the Tillerson Story with, "it's been almost 7 full days since the last high-level aide left the White House..."
Sweet.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:36 AM   #712
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom
 
Hellbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Posts: 12,530
Does anyone else find the similarity between Pompeo and Pompeii an ominous omen?

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 11:52 AM   #713
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,604
Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
The Happiest Man in America!

Meanwhile, the State Department official who contradicted the official White House story of the firing has also been fired.
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
This is starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch.
The best subtitles!
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 01:06 PM   #714
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
I guess he's been on borrowed time since then. He couldn't be fired when the "copulating moron" thing was fresh news; now it can be associated with his anti-Russian comment, which is fine with Trump - it sends Vlad the right message.
Well, now we know what it takes to get fired at the White House. You can call Trump a copulating moron all you want, but trash talk the Russians and you are out within 24 hours.

All hail President Putin!
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 01:31 PM   #715
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 39,019
Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Am I missing something here?

As more and more people get booted out of the White House because of problems with getting their security clearances. shouldn't that make keeping Ivanka and Jared even more difficult?
Trump is going to end up as Tiberius at Mar a Lago.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 02:08 PM   #716
dudalb
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,025
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Gee whiz!

Rex Tillerson has finally got the boot and I am surprised that it has taken this long.

And by the way, due to the numerous State Department resignations in the last several months I sure hope that the last person to leave the State Department building will remember to turn out the lights.
Who needs diplomacy when you have Trump and a Big Military?

I see lots of body bags coming home in the future...
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 02:09 PM   #717
dudalb
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,025
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Well, now we know what it takes to get fired at the White House. You can call Trump a copulating moron all you want, but trash talk the Russians and you are out within 24 hours.

All hail President Putin!
Who would have thought we would fight the second war of Independence against the Russians?
Red Dawn for real...
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 04:20 PM   #718
dudalb
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,025
And the purge might just be beginning. Many commentators are saying Trump wants everybody who is not a blind follower of him out of the White House and upper ranks of the government.
SO Trump can rule with his gut feelings, and not be bothered with experts who disagree with him.
I think the term "Catastrophic Results" will be applicable to the result.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 05:42 PM   #719
Norman Alexander
Master Poster
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,945
You don't even want to be the one holding the phone for Tillerson. Loyalty in Donny's White House has a price...dismissal.

Quote:
Then came the tweet, shown by a senior aide to Tillerson. Steve Goldstein, the under-secretary for public diplomacy and public affairs, issued a statement that said: “The secretary did not speak to the president this morning and is unaware of the reason, but he is grateful for the opportunity to serve, and still believes strongly that public service is a noble calling and not to be regretted.”

Goldstein also said Tillerson had “every intention of staying”. A few hours later Goldstein himself was dismissed, apparently for publicly contradicting the White House.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-donald-trump
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 13th March 2018 at 05:43 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 06:04 PM   #720
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 16,916
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And the purge might just be beginning. Many commentators are saying Trump wants everybody who is not a blind follower of him out of the White House and upper ranks of the government.
SO Trump can rule with his gut feelings, and not be bothered with experts who disagree with him.
I think the term "Catastrophic Results" will be applicable to the result.
I'm guessing he's scared of the 25th Amendment.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.