ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING!

Closed Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 08:13 PM   #121
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,006
Of course there is also the issue of MJ's other claim that the shots from the grassy knoll were carried out using a silencer so that nobody could hear them anyway.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 08:35 PM   #122
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Of course there is also the issue of MJ's other claim that the shots from the grassy knoll were carried out using a silencer so that nobody could hear them anyway.
Hmmm. Claims that directly contradict each other?

I think you and I have both seen this sort of thing over at Apollohoax!
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 08:37 PM   #123
Whip
Muse
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 907
surprised the first 35 seconds of this hasn't been used as evidence:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 08:37 PM   #124
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Of course there is also the issue of MJ's other claim that the shots from the grassy knoll were carried out using a silencer so that nobody could hear them anyway.
Here's another Swing! and a miss! from March 2017 -

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2639

MJ

BStrong is BS-strong. Just google "silencer", "noise", "opposite direction" and you'll find people on gun forums discussing this well-known phenomenon, to the point of some suggesting it's benefit in hunting. Why do you have to lie instead of honestly debate?

Insecure table pounding noted.

The "phenomenon" you reference is nothing more than the perception of the earwitness and is not related to the use of a suppressor.

Let's review what you posted about suppressors:

Noise suppressors can distort the sound of a gunshot to seem like it came from the opposite direction. But of course, noise suppressors don't make the muzzle blast completely silent.

You are asserting that a suppressor as a device causes an earwitness to believe that the shooter is in the opposite direction from the actual position of the shooter.

This isn't a phenomenon that is caused by the can. As I've pointed out repeatedly, earwitness testimony can be unreliable for a number of reasons.

I posted my most embarrassing moment with my "it's gotta be a shotgun" 911 call and in the example of one of my friends that witnessed the murder, he didn't hear the pistol being fired within ten feet of him and the piece wasn't suppressed. He target fixated on the gun and the victim, saw the thing cycle and eject the empty case but didn't hear the shot.

For the purposes of your fantasy, a ventriloquist suppressor might be a very cool thing, but there is no such thing. People who hear loud noises react to and interpret to those noises in different ways. If a person is untrained they might not even notice the sound of a projectile passing close by, or someone hearing the same projectile at a different point in the projectile's trajectory nearby static objects might interpret that single projectile as being multiple projectiles due to the "crack" as passes them.

Smart well-trained guy might be completely wrong about a sound they heard.

No suppressor needed.

What I'd like to see from you is some evidence of one of these cool ventriloquist suppressors. It would go great with my Hush-a-Bomb.

As far as lying goes. I can't even turn it around on you.

You don't know enough about the subject matter to lie about it. You do confuse fact, fantasy and wish fulfillment, but that's par for the course. And that's why when you're going to stick your baby toe into the ocean of facts concerning firearms in general and this case in particular you're not going to like the bath that you'll end up taking.

A debate requires two or more well informed individuals to participate.

In this arena you do not qualify as being well informed.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 09:05 PM   #125
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Oh, that is hilarious.

Tell me Hank, do you think being shot down by your own link is anything like being hoisted with your own petard?
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I was asking your opinion, given what MicahJava did, i.e. posted a link which pulled the rug out from under his own feet.
I mis-read it then. Apologies.

It's exactly like being hoist with your own petard.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 09:12 PM   #126
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Me saying that you couldn't look any more foolish than you already do shouldn't have been taken as a challenge.
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
And he takes it as a challenge once more!

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 9th February 2018 at 09:13 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 09:28 PM   #127
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Excuse me, I was citing the actual data collected by their experiments.
Right you were. But ignoring the expert conclusions derived from that data. You do this repeatedly, on the medical evidence, on the autopsy evidence, on the ballistics, on the handwriting analysis, everywhere we turn, you ignore the expertise of the actual experts and substitute your own.



Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
What does the data show?
That witnesses who are expecting shots from one of two known locations, and only two known locations, can still get it wrong.



Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
The fact that a gunshot creates echoes and reverberations does not mean that it cannot be easy to locate it's general direction. The HSCA acoustics study proved this.
No, that's not the conclusion reached by the experts.
https://www.history-matters.com/arch...Vol8_0077b.htm
https://www.history-matters.com/arch...Vol8_0078a.htm

You don't get to make up your own conclusions, substitute your conclusions for those of the experts and pretend we must accept your conclusions. We are under no such requirement. Your claim has no basis in fact.



Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
If you want to point out the flaws in their methodology, maybe you'd add more crowd noise, more witnesses, more motorcycle backfire, etc. then go ahead but this is actual scientific evidence that acoustics within Dealey Plaza CANNOT be used to explain the grassy knoll earwitnesses.
Except you can't explain the grassy knoll witnesses either -- except by pretending all the witnesses who named only ONE source of the shots (meaning almost all the witnesses) got the source wrong for SOME of the shots.

You have suggested that there were four or more shots from three or more locations (you're never precise when we ask, so we're left to guess at exactly what your theory is).

But the vast majority of witnesses heard only three shots, and more witnesses heard two or fewer than heard more than three.

And the vast majority of witnesses named ONE SOURCE of all the shots they heard, not multiple sources. The knoll witnesses named only the knoll for ALL the shots. The Depository witnesses named only the Depository for ALL the shots. Only four witnesses said they thought the shots came from multiple locations.

Were all but these four witnesses confused? Mistaken? Hearing echoes? What?

So you need to explain why they only heard three shots out of the four or more you conjecture, and why most witnesses named only ONE source for all the shots... And you need to do it without invoking them making any mistakes in what they heard.

Otherwise, you're right here with me ... some of the witnesses were mistaken. While I claim the knoll witnesses were mistaken, you are claiming both the knoll witnesses and the Depository witnesses were mistaken. Your argument says the knoll witnesses were mistaken because they didn't hear the Depository shots, and the Depository witnesses were mistaken because they didn't hear the knoll shots.

And they were all mistaken because none of them heard the shots from the Dal-Tex building or wherever you place the third shooter.

And remember, you tried telling us "the sound of one [shot] would be indistinguishable from the echoes of another [shot]." Given that, aren't you saying the witnesses were confused?
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=912

Good luck with selling that turkey of an argument.



Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
No wonder you suggested mass hallucination.
You alone brought that up. You're great at kicking the **** out of straw men you invent.

We covered all this ground in the past. You're just doing your fringe reset thing again.

For instance:

October of 2017: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2039
March of 2017: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2851

You just constantly recycle the same unproven arguments... repeatedly!

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 9th February 2018 at 10:01 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 09:30 PM   #128
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Perfection, NV
Posts: 29,244
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
And he takes it as a challenge once more!

Hank
Never underestimate the perseverance of a CTist. I have no doubt he will continue to double down.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 10:04 PM   #129
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
surprised the first 35 seconds of this hasn't been used as evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yF3...ature=youtu.be
I think the part starting about 1:41 in explains everything we've seen here far better.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 9th February 2018 at 10:15 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 10:31 PM   #130
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
And here is another take on this that I have read about before, and which just occurred to me while reading Hank's post #127

Of all the witnesses who claimed that the grassy knoll was the only source of the shots, every single one of the must be wrong. Why? Because we know that shots were actually fired from the the TSBD 6th floor. We know that because

1. That is where the rifle was found, and that rifle was ballistically matched to the bullet and the fragments of bullets that were found.

2. If no shots were fired from there, then the CT nutcases have to explain the gunshot wounds in the back of JFK and JC which could only have been caused by shots from behind the limo.

3. Several witnesses saw Oswald's gun poking out in the window of his sniper's lair on the 6th floor.

4. There was a witness on the 5th floor of the TSBD, who, stated in an FBI interview that he had heard the shots and also heard sound of the bolt action of the rifle and the sound of the empty cartridge cases dropping on the floor above him.

It beggars belief that of every one of those witnesses who said that all the shots came from the Grassy Knoll, NOT ONE OF THEM heard a single one of the known gunshots that originated from the TSBD.

Further, the HSCA's witness tabulation of the ear witnesses records that;
46% of them said ALL of the shots came from the TSBD
20% of them said ALL the shots came from the grassy knoll.
only 4% said they came from two directions

Even known conspiritards put this "two locations" number very low (Stewart Galanor 4.6%, Josiah Thompson 6.3%).

Quote:
This "two locations" number is exceedingly important. There is overwhelming evidence that at least some shots were fired from behind the motorcade. Several witnesses saw a shooter, or at least a gun in the sixth floor sniper's nest window. The medical evidence is clear that both Kennedy and Connally were hit from behind (regardless of whether either was also hit from the front). Once we understand that at least some shots came from behind, it is hard to see how shots could also have come from the Grassy Knoll without more witnesses reporting shots from more than one direction. It begins to look like some were confused about the direction of the shots." -- John McAdams

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htm
Now, if shots had been fired from both the TSBD AND the grassy knoll, then there would be a lot more than 4% reporting shots from multiple directions.
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 10:51 PM   #131
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,166
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Excuse me, I was citing the actual data collected by their experiments.
Incorrectly it seems.


Quote:
What does the data show? The fact that a gunshot creates echoes and reverberations does not mean that it cannot be easy to locate it's general direction.


This is wrong.

I live in a neighborhood where gunfire is a weekend event. Sometimes it's down the street, other times it's a mile away. You cannot always tell. When a person is not expecting gunfire their ability to identify direction diminishes greatly from shock, and fear.

Shock, in my view, is a form of brain damage. The brain's self-preservation instinct kicks in, and your world becomes a narrow funnel. The memory kicks out a lot of information to preserve a functional sanity. In 1963, being on the same street where the President was gunned down counts as a catastrophic psychological event.



Quote:
The HSCA acoustics study proved this.
Quote:
If you want to point out the flaws in their methodology, maybe you'd add more crowd noise, more witnesses, more motorcycle backfire, etc. then go ahead but this is actual scientific evidence that acoustics within Dealey Plaza CANNOT be used to explain the grassy knoll earwitnesses.
In 1978, with 1978 technology.

Today you can do superior sound evaluation than they could dream of in 1978, hell, your phone has better tech than they had.

I've been in Dealey Plaza, and the second thing I notice there was how bad the echo was there.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 11:28 PM   #132
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Shock, in my view, is a form of brain damage. The brain's self-preservation instinct kicks in, and your world becomes a narrow funnel. The memory kicks out a lot of information to preserve a functional sanity. In 1963, being on the same street where the President was gunned down counts as a catastrophic psychological event..
This is clearly seen in the videos of the Las Vegas shooting late last year.

Even though the area around the Mandalay Bay and The Strip is nowhere near the kind of echo-chamber Dealey Plaza is, you still have shocked, panicking people running in all directions, including towards the gunfire because they could not tell where it was coming from.
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 05:41 AM   #133
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
And here is another take on this that I have read about before, and which just occurred to me while reading Hank's post #127

Of all the witnesses who claimed that the grassy knoll was the only source of the shots, every single one of the must be wrong. Why? Because we know that shots were actually fired from the the TSBD 6th floor. We know that because:

1. That is where the rifle was found, and that rifle was ballistically matched to the bullet and the fragments of bullets that were found.
Desperate CT response: The bullets and fragments were planted or swapped, or both. The rifle was planted or swapped, or both. The shells were planted or swapped, or both. And what about the clip? How come no memos mention the clip until after Oswald was dead? Can you explain how Oswald got to Russia even though there were no direct flights?


Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
2. If no shots were fired from there, then the CT nutcases have to explain the gunshot wounds in the back of JFK and JC which could only have been caused by shots from behind the limo.
Desperate CT response: The Dal-Tex building behind the Depository could be the source. The body was altered. The autopsy doctors were part of the cover-up. The autopsy photos and x-rays were altered. Connally was shot after he had turned his body to face the passenger side door. The shooter was on the right side of the limo, not behind the limo. Besides, why would Tippit's killer drop shells at the scene of the Tippit killing except to frame Oswald?


Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
3. Several witnesses saw Oswald's gun poking out in the window of his sniper's lair on the 6th floor.
Desperate CT response: They saw A gun, not necessarily Oswald's gun. Besides, all the paperwork for the CE139 weapon was a forgery. The photos of Oswald with a weapon are forgeries. His prints on it were planted. Or somebody asked him to pose for those photos. Just because he is shown holding a rifle doesn't mean he owned it. Besides, the rifle found on the sixth floor was a Mauser. Besides, Marina didn't remember how many photos she took. Besides, Marina lied to the FBI so she was lying about the photos. Besides, the witnesses placed the rifle as low as the fourth floor and as high as the sixth. Besides, Amos Euins didn't see a scope and described it as a 'pipe thing". And how come his landlady thought he arrived at the rooming house at about 1:00 o'clock and stayed there three or four minutes? He didn't have time to get to Tenth and Patton!


Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
4. There was a witness on the 5th floor of the TSBD, who, stated in an FBI interview that he had heard the shots and also heard sound of the bolt action of the rifle and the sound of the empty cartridge cases dropping on the floor above him.
Desperate CT response: He was intimidated. This was the south, after all. And Oswald was only pretending to be a communist because his handlers gave him that assignment!


Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
It beggars belief that of every one of those witnesses who said that all the shots came from the Grassy Knoll, NOT ONE OF THEM heard a single one of the known gunshots that originated from the TSBD.
Desperate CT response: They were confused or influenced by the early reports of three shots, all from the Depository. Why would so many Parkland doctors lie about the wound in the back of the head?


Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Further, the HSCA's witness tabulation of the ear witnesses records that;
46% of them said ALL of the shots came from the TSBD
20% of them said ALL the shots came from the grassy knoll.
only 4% said they came from two directions
Desperate CT response: That proves some shots came from the knoll! And why was Oswald being doubled in and around Dallas in the months preceding the assassination?


Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Even known conspiritards put this "two locations" number very low (Stewart Galanor 4.6%, Josiah Thompson 6.3%).
Desperate CT response: The truth is not up for vote. These were the very best witnesses. Why do you believe everything the government tells you? You must be a paid shill!


Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Now, if shots had been fired from both the TSBD AND the grassy knoll, then there would be a lot more than 4% reporting shots from multiple directions.
Desperate CT response: Echoes confused many of the witnesses into thinking there was only one source of all the shots. If there wasn't a conspiracy, I've wasted years of my life looking for one, so there must have been one! Did I mention the bullets and fragments were planted or swapped, or both and the rifle was planted or swapped, or both?

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 10th February 2018 at 05:48 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 05:45 AM   #134
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
I live in a neighborhood where gunfire is a weekend event. Sometimes it's down the street, other times it's a mile away.
Dude, move. Seriously.

Unless you live within a block or two of a licensed gun range.

Move.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 12:24 PM   #135
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,583
Still no concise location of the wound, consistent on photographs and x-rays?
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 02:54 PM   #136
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Desperate CT response: The bullets and fragments were planted or swapped, or both. The rifle was planted or swapped, or both. The shells were planted or swapped, or both. And what about the clip? How come no memos mention the clip until after Oswald was dead? Can you explain how Oswald got to Russia even though there were no direct flights?

Desperate CT response: The Dal-Tex building behind the Depository could be the source. The body was altered. The autopsy doctors were part of the cover-up. The autopsy photos and x-rays were altered. Connally was shot after he had turned his body to face the passenger side door. The shooter was on the right side of the limo, not behind the limo. Besides, why would Tippit's killer drop shells at the scene of the Tippit killing except to frame Oswald?

Desperate CT response: They saw A gun, not necessarily Oswald's gun. Besides, all the paperwork for the CE139 weapon was a forgery. The photos of Oswald with a weapon are forgeries. His prints on it were planted. Or somebody asked him to pose for those photos. Just because he is shown holding a rifle doesn't mean he owned it. Besides, the rifle found on the sixth floor was a Mauser. Besides, Marina didn't remember how many photos she took. Besides, Marina lied to the FBI so she was lying about the photos. Besides, the witnesses placed the rifle as low as the fourth floor and as high as the sixth. Besides, Amos Euins didn't see a scope and described it as a 'pipe thing". And how come his landlady thought he arrived at the rooming house at about 1:00 o'clock and stayed there three or four minutes? He didn't have time to get to Tenth and Patton!

Desperate CT response: He was intimidated. This was the south, after all. And Oswald was only pretending to be a communist because his handlers gave him that assignment!

Desperate CT response: They were confused or influenced by the early reports of three shots, all from the Depository. Why would so many Parkland doctors lie about the wound in the back of the head?

Desperate CT response: That proves some shots came from the knoll! And why was Oswald being doubled in and around Dallas in the months preceding the assassination?

Desperate CT response: The truth is not up for vote. These were the very best witnesses. Why do you believe everything the government tells you? You must be a paid shill!

Desperate CT response: Echoes confused many of the witnesses into thinking there was only one source of all the shots. If there wasn't a conspiracy, I've wasted years of my life looking for one, so there must have been one! Did I mention the bullets and fragments were planted or swapped, or both and the rifle was planted or swapped, or both?
Yep, all this - an extremely complicated, complex, convoluted scheme involving hundreds, perhaps even thousands of co-conspirators, including ordinary citizens and intimidated witnesses, NOT ONE OF WHOM has come forward and spilled the beans, or left a confession with their lawyer before they died, or....

Quote:
The simple, uncomplicated truth: Oswald fired three shots from a room on the corner of the 6th floor of the TSBD, killing the President.
Hmm, a tough choice!
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 05:16 PM   #137
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,166
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Dude, move. Seriously.

Unless you live within a block or two of a licensed gun range.

Move.

Hank
Love it here.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 10:08 PM   #138
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,006
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Hmmm. Claims that directly contradict each other?

I think you and I have both seen this sort of thing over at Apollohoax!
Yeah, there appears to be a CT tactical manual of some sort that they all follow regardless which CT it happens to be.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 10:20 PM   #139
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Dude, move. Seriously.

Unless you live within a block or two of a licensed gun range.

Move.

Hank
My neighborhood the night of June 12th 2017. Gunfire starts at approx. 1:04, automatic weapons fire at approx. 1:35

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 01:06 AM   #140
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
My neighborhood the night of June 12th 2017. Gunfire starts at approx. 1:04, automatic weapons fire at approx. 1:35

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Those corner apartments across the road are SO San Francisco!!!

You live in the Bay Area?
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Last edited by smartcooky; 11th February 2018 at 01:16 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 01:29 AM   #141
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Those corner apartments across the road are SO San Francisco!!!

You live in the Bay Area?
I'm a local.

The're all houses, all way over a million in today's market and you have to have a security gate. Anything parked in the street is fair game. Even the folks that leave their car unlocked get a broken window from the post-felony charge car burglars:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/ar...y-12464043.php

Vehicle break-ins have continued to soar this year in San Francisco, on top of already epidemic numbers, despite recent efforts by police to stop such crimes with more officers on the street.

Auto break-ins were up in every police district from the start of the year through the end of November, accounting for a 26 percent increase over the same period last year, according to the most recent data provided by the San Francisco Police Department.

At the same time, the rate of arrests for auto break-ins has dropped since last year from just below 2 percent to 1.6 percent.

From Jan. 1 to the end of November, San Francisco had 28,395 auto break-ins — about 85 a day — and already more than in any previous full year. The hardest-hit area was the Mission District, where car break-ins have gone up 86 percent from last year.


I'm next door to the Mission
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 02:00 AM   #142
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
I'm a local.

The're all houses, all way over a million in today's market and you have to have a security gate. Anything parked in the street is fair game. Even the folks that leave their car unlocked get a broken window from the post-felony charge car burglars:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/ar...y-12464043.php

Vehicle break-ins have continued to soar this year in San Francisco, on top of already epidemic numbers, despite recent efforts by police to stop such crimes with more officers on the street.

Auto break-ins were up in every police district from the start of the year through the end of November, accounting for a 26 percent increase over the same period last year, according to the most recent data provided by the San Francisco Police Department.

At the same time, the rate of arrests for auto break-ins has dropped since last year from just below 2 percent to 1.6 percent.

From Jan. 1 to the end of November, San Francisco had 28,395 auto break-ins — about 85 a day — and already more than in any previous full year. The hardest-hit area was the Mission District, where car break-ins have gone up 86 percent from last year.


I'm next door to the Mission
Well, I would have guessed Bernal Heights
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 02:06 AM   #143
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Well, I would have guessed Bernal Heights
Potrero Hill.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 02:19 AM   #144
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Potrero Hill.
Oh, that's not far from Laurel Heights where I used to spend weekends while I was on a six month exchange as ground crew on P3B Orions with VP31 at Moffat NAS in the mid 1980s.

I stayed there with a family - the father was a civilian who worked at The Presidio when it was still US Army.
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 02:44 AM   #145
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Oh, that's not far from Laurel Heights where I used to spend weekends while I was on a six month exchange as ground crew on P3B Orions with VP31 at Moffat NAS in the mid 1980s.

I stayed there with a family - the father was a civilian who worked at The Presidio when it was still US Army.
You might recognize this, view from a B17 radio canopy leaving Moffat:



Bombardier seat over the east bay:

__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 02:51 AM   #146
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
You might recognize this, view from a B17 radio canopy leaving Moffat:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...923/9NU0Jr.jpg

Bombardier seat over the east bay:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...922/Giktu7.jpg
Ooh yes, the memories come flooding back. However, that looks like it was after NASA Ames took over Moffat Field
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 03:09 PM   #147
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Moderator
 
Agatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 12,610
Mod Warning Please will you all remember to enclose autopsy photos, and anything else which might not be safe for viewing in a work environments, in the nsfw tags. These work as follows (but with square brackets):
{nsfw=autopsy photos} {/nsfw}

Also, please remember to use the IMG tags only where the image is hosted by an image sharing website such as imgur or flickr, or from dropbox. Images hosted by blogspots or other sites must not be hotlinked here. If you cannot use an image sharing website to host the photos, then post ONLY the url, without the image tags (and enclose in nsfw tags if necessary).

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Posted By:Agatha
__________________
Why can't you be more like Agatha? - Loss Leader
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 03:31 PM   #148
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Well, we're all just waiting now that MicahJava has run away from the hard questions (again).

There should be a new fringe reset any day now!
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 04:03 PM   #149
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Ooh yes, the memories come flooding back. However, that looks like it was after NASA Ames took over Moffat Field
Correct. That was back in the 2000's and Moffat was pretty much closed, but CTists would have had there attention drawn to BLACK C-130's parked where they could not be observed from the grounds...

The 17 we flew in was the Collings Foundation 9-0-9 B17G.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 05:05 PM   #150
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,166
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Well, we're all just waiting now that MicahJava has run away from the hard questions (again).

There should be a new fringe reset any day now!
He's going through his CT library and scanning CT websites for the usual canned responses attempting to counter us without dealing in actual fact.

The sad/hilarious thing is that in that last National Archives dump there is a memo he could use to breath life into his 2nd bullet to the head theory. I'm not going to detail it because the source of the memo is wrong, but the point is that if he did real research he would have found it by now.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha

Last edited by Axxman300; 11th February 2018 at 05:08 PM.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 05:33 PM   #151
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,006
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
He's going through his CT library and scanning CT websites for the usual canned responses attempting to counter us without dealing in actual fact.

The sad/hilarious thing is that in that last National Archives dump there is a memo he could use to breath life into his 2nd bullet to the head theory. I'm not going to detail it because the source of the memo is wrong, but the point is that if he did real research he would have found it by now.
Nope. The really sad thing is that MJ has revealed himself as a believer in whatever the next CT is. In this thread we have the JFK conspiracy. In the 911 thread, we have a 911 conspiracy, in the OK thread we have an OK conspiracy.

I await the moon landing conspiracy, the immunisation conspiracy, MLK, RFK, etc. Eventually, MJ will endorse all of them.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 05:39 PM   #152
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
He's going through his CT library and scanning CT websites for the usual canned responses attempting to counter us without dealing in actual fact.

The sad/hilarious thing is that in that last National Archives dump there is a memo he could use to breath life into his 2nd bullet to the head theory. I'm not going to detail it because the source of the memo is wrong, but the point is that if he did real research he would have found it by now.
When the word "Research" is brought up with certain CTists, I believe the below may be the involuntary reaction:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Research!
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 10:21 PM   #153
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,166
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Nope. The really sad thing is that MJ has revealed himself as a believer in whatever the next CT is. In this thread we have the JFK conspiracy. In the 911 thread, we have a 911 conspiracy, in the OK thread we have an OK conspiracy.

I await the moon landing conspiracy, the immunisation conspiracy, MLK, RFK, etc. Eventually, MJ will endorse all of them.
He came into the CT world through the OKC Bombing, but even his theory on this isn't clear as he claims it was a Right-Wing conspiracy, which it actually was, but he want's it to go beyond McVeigh and Nichols. He needs to link it to the government, but he has never articulated why.

OKC lead to JFK, and you could tell he was green because he would latch onto theories that had been killed in the 1970's, and 80's. The silencer nonsense breathed new life into his pet theory, even though we had just soundly beaten it's latest proponent here a few weeks before. He has tried to forward his theory, which involves as many as 4 gunmen in Dealey Plaza, but quickly backed off when it was clear this was impossible, and since has not stated a theory. He knows it will not hold up on the multiple levels that a CT involving even a second gunman would require.

He's dabbled with 9-11 a few times, but can't make up his mind about any of it.

MJ is looking for a CT to believe in, it's part of his identity. Last year he was offended when I compared him to the Bigfoot/UFO crowd. This implies that he needs to feel superior, but refuses to do any real work.

I used to be a JFK-CT nutjob, and this is why I was happy to jump into the National Archives JFK document dump. I was hoping to find material about the Cuban paramilitary cells in Dallas/Ft Worth, but there was nothing in there that was new. That means that either nobody at the FBI looked, or they never recorded their investigation(doubtful). It would have been great to find just a whisper that LHO was affiliated with X-Cuban Exile Cell because it would be an interesting place to build a functional CT upon. You know, Oswald hoping to get into Cuba kills JFK to cement his Communist Revolutionary status.

Unfortunately I can only go where the evidence leads, and while the document dump is a fascinating glimpse into CIA and FBI Cold War operations, strategies, and mind-set the fact is that Lee Oswald acted alone. That's what the evidence proves. No other gunmen, no shadowy Cubans, no Soviets, just a sad sack with USMC rifle training, and a weapon which is as much a portable canon as it is a firearm, and the best seat in the house to kill JFK.

While the facts are solid, I am still open to the idea that at the very least one other person knew what Oswald was going to do. I'm not talking some vast CT, but a simple case of some guy who never thought Oswald was serious. But until there are new facts dug up, I'm cool with him acting alone.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 01:05 AM   #154
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,812
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
He came into the CT world through the OKC Bombing, but even his theory on this isn't clear as he claims it was a Right-Wing conspiracy, which it actually was, but he want's it to go beyond McVeigh and Nichols. He needs to link it to the government, but he has never articulated why.

OKC lead to JFK, and you could tell he was green because he would latch onto theories that had been killed in the 1970's, and 80's. The silencer nonsense breathed new life into his pet theory, even though we had just soundly beaten it's latest proponent here a few weeks before. He has tried to forward his theory, which involves as many as 4 gunmen in Dealey Plaza, but quickly backed off when it was clear this was impossible, and since has not stated a theory. He knows it will not hold up on the multiple levels that a CT involving even a second gunman would require.

He's dabbled with 9-11 a few times, but can't make up his mind about any of it.

MJ is looking for a CT to believe in, it's part of his identity. Last year he was offended when I compared him to the Bigfoot/UFO crowd. This implies that he needs to feel superior, but refuses to do any real work.

I used to be a JFK-CT nutjob, and this is why I was happy to jump into the National Archives JFK document dump. I was hoping to find material about the Cuban paramilitary cells in Dallas/Ft Worth, but there was nothing in there that was new. That means that either nobody at the FBI looked, or they never recorded their investigation(doubtful). It would have been great to find just a whisper that LHO was affiliated with X-Cuban Exile Cell because it would be an interesting place to build a functional CT upon. You know, Oswald hoping to get into Cuba kills JFK to cement his Communist Revolutionary status.

Unfortunately I can only go where the evidence leads, and while the document dump is a fascinating glimpse into CIA and FBI Cold War operations, strategies, and mind-set the fact is that Lee Oswald acted alone. That's what the evidence proves. No other gunmen, no shadowy Cubans, no Soviets, just a sad sack with USMC rifle training, and a weapon which is as much a portable canon as it is a firearm, and the best seat in the house to kill JFK.

While the facts are solid, I am still open to the idea that at the very least one other person knew what Oswald was going to do. I'm not talking some vast CT, but a simple case of some guy who never thought Oswald was serious. But until there are new facts dug up, I'm cool with him acting alone.
Axxman, I will not post mentioning OKC again in this thread, but let me point you towards the facts behind a man named Richard Wayne Snell:http://okbomb.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Wayne_Snell

I believe that this man is one of the only confirmed additional conspirators in the bombing.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 01:11 AM   #155
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,812
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Of course there is also the issue of MJ's other claim that the shots from the grassy knoll were carried out using a silencer so that nobody could hear them anyway.
I think you need glasses. I only said that the perceived loud noise from the direction of the grassy knoll must be explained somehow. As the HSCA acoustics earwitness experiment has shown, it is very unlikely that a Carcano shooting from the Sixth Floor can account for that.

The sound on the grassy knoll could be explained while still only having rear shots, for one thing. Noise-suppressors in conjunction with supersonic ammunition have been reported to create the illusion that a gunshot originated from the opposite direction.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 01:19 AM   #156
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,812
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Well, we're all just waiting now that MicahJava has run away from the hard questions (again).

There should be a new fringe reset any day now!
I didn't find anything compelling about the comments here from the last couple of days. You can't get away with stating something without basis because you put it in a long rambling wall of text.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 01:48 AM   #157
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
the HSCA acoustics earwitness experiment has shown, it is very unlikely that a Carcano shooting from the Sixth Floor can account for that.
I refer you to this post

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=119

In which I CLEARLY showed that the HSCA acoustics earwitness experiment did in fact yield results in which the test subjects mistook shots on from the TSBD as coming from the Grassy Knoll, and vice versa on 14 out of 57 occasions

You do yourself no favours by blatantly lying about this, or pretending that these results don't exist. Doing so makes you look like a fool, and undermines what little credibility you have.
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 01:52 AM   #158
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,927
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I didn't find anything compelling about the comments here from the last couple of days. You can't get away with stating something without basis because you put it in a long rambling wall of text.
You have plenty of questions that you have failed to answer (and have run away from) and that have remained unanswered for the last couple of months!. How about you answer those, or are you afraid to do so?
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 03:04 AM   #159
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,583
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I think you need glasses. I only said that the perceived loud noise from the direction of the grassy knoll must be explained somehow. As the HSCA acoustics earwitness experiment has shown, it is very unlikely that a Carcano shooting from the Sixth Floor can account for that.

The sound on the grassy knoll could be explained while still only having rear shots, for one thing. Noise-suppressors in conjunction with supersonic ammunition have been reported to create the illusion that a gunshot originated from the opposite direction.
There is nothing that warrants the additional layers of complications.

The sounds “on the grassy knoll” can be explained by witness confusion and echoes, from Oswald’s shots.

As you consistently fail to supply any compelling evidence beyond your own conviction, of any other gunshots having to be accounted for, your theories of silencers and snipers may as well be about pixies and ghosts.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 05:52 AM   #160
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,533
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I didn't find anything compelling about the comments here from the last couple of days.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0&postcount=94
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=104
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=127



Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
You can't get away with stating something without basis because you put it in a long rambling wall of text.
Begging the question is still a LOGICAL FALLACY. You need to show it's without basis and rambling, not just assert it is.

We'll apparently wait forever for you to back up your assertions.

Because you can't.

You don't get to just dismiss the posts that point out the apparent gaps in your reasoning and your facts. That's just you doing your hand-waving again. As I pointed out previously, you're still resorting to a fringe reset, bringing up the same points over and over (as you did in March 2017 and October 2017 for the issue of the Grassy Knoll witnesses) and ignoring all the rebuttal arguments made back then and again more recently as cited above.

Hank

PS: The above posts are just on the topic of the supposed grassy knoll witnesses. There are other posts you either ignored entirely or didn't address the issue raised on other subjects as well, in this new thread of JUST FOUR PAGES alone.
Like:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7&postcount=47
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7&postcount=54
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7&postcount=61
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7&postcount=64

If we go back to the old thread, well, your ignoring of points is just too numerous to mention.
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 12th February 2018 at 06:34 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.