ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump appointees , Trump controversies

Old 8th February 2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Hiring Practices

"I am self funding and will hire the best people."
- Trump

In another thread, I posted a partial list of some of the more idiotic decisions Trump has made in hiring people (either for cabinet, or for high-level positions or judicial appointments.) Someone suggested the topic might be worth a thread on its own.

So, here is a list of many (Most) of Trump's foolish decisions in hiring, either because they were known to be problematic before hand, or became engaged in scandals after. Note that I am trying to avoid including people simply because I may not like their politics.

It includes people who were either hired by Trump, or whom he attempted to hire but were rejected or withdrew for some reason.

Anyone have any extras?

Michael Flynn (national security advisor)

Fired after only a few short months supposedly because he lied about contacts with Russian agents. (Although it should be noted that Obama had actually warned Trump about Flynn, a warning that Trump ignored.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michae...curity_Advisor

James Mattis (Defence)

Ok, so far he seems to be fairly competent at his job. But before he was nominated, it was found that he was involved with a company that sold shady medical equipment to the military.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/02/tech...nos/index.html

Rex Tillerson (State)

Appointed to Secretary of State even though he 1) had no experience in government diplomacy, and 2) had rather unusual ties to Russia (including receiving the Russian Order of Friendship.)

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...-exxon-2016-12

Jeff Sessions (Att. General)

Once joked about how he liked some people in the KKK until he found out that they smoked pot. It was also found that he lied during his confirmation sessions about contacts with Russian agents.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=45865497

Steve Mnuchin (finance)

Worked for Goldman Sachs (hey, wasn't Trump supposed to be protecting us againt "wall street" interests?) Has had scandals regarding his use of government aircraft.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/05/news...nes/index.html

Betsy DeVos (Education)

Appointed to the cabinet even though she had no experience with the public school system.

Ben Carson (Housing)

Appointed to the Cabinet even though he has no experience dealing with housing.

Rick Perry (Energy)

Appointed even though at one point he wanted the Department of Energy eliminated (and also didn't seem to know what the department actually did.)

http://time.com/4598910/rick-perry-d...gy-oops-gaffe/

Ryan Zinke (Interior)

Like Mnuchin, also seems to have an affinity for wasting taxpayer money by using aircraft when cars would have been feasible (and much cheaper). He also has a demand that they fly his secretarial flag whenever he is in the headquarters of the Department.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ters-dc-212730

Scott Pruitt (Environment)

Now heads the EPA, despite the fact that for years he targeted the EPA with multiple lawsuits.

Matthew Spencer Petersen (Judge)

During confirmation hearings, he admitted he was unfamiliar with many of the basic rules of law. Eventually he withdrew his nomination, but still... Trump thought he would be a good judge.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/15/polit...lub/index.html

L. Steven Grasz (Judge)

The American Bar Association voted unanimously that Grasz was unqualified, due to issues of bias and temperment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/s...b01598ac486379

Charles Goodwin (Judge)

Another nominee that the American Bar Association rejected, due to poor work habits.

http://newsok.com/federal-judge-in-o...rticle/5566580

Rob Porter (secretary)

The FBI pointed to domestic abuse allegations and refused to give him permanenty security clearance. Yet there he was in the white house, handling potentially senstive information.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/07/polit...new/index.html

Sam Clovis (Advisor to the USDA / Agriculture chief scientist)

Has no experience as a scientist, nor with anything having to do with agriculture, yet he was nominated to be chief scientist in the department of agriculture. (Fortunately he was not confirmed; however, he was still nominated by Trump, and he still served as a white house advisor for the USDA.) He's also a birther, and thinks homosexuality is a "choice".

Omarosa Manigault (Communications?)

Does anybody really know what she was supposed to be doing (other than to maybe make the Trump administration less caucasian)? Got into trouble supposedly for bringing members of her bridal party on a tour of the whitehouse. There were also rumors that she had to be physically dragged from the white house when she was fired.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/13/omaros...e-white-house/

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2018, 03:40 PM   #2
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Trump hires nothing but yes men......
which goes against everything any decent Business Mangement School will teach you. It's important to hire people who will challenge and test your ideas.
Trump would do as poor a job running a major publically owned corporation..where he would be held responsible to a board of directors.....as he is doing running the federal government.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2018, 03:48 PM   #3
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Trump hires nothing but yes men......
which goes against everything any decent Business Mangement School will teach you. It's important to hire people who will challenge and test your ideas.
Tillerson called Trump a moron and McMaster called him an idiot... does that count towards challenging Trump?

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2018, 04:58 PM   #4
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Don't forget the caterer/planner who got put in charge of a big chunk of the Eastern HUD or HEW (?).

I will say she can't have screwed up too bad so far... haven't heard any followup stories.

Perhaps she's actually listening to the career staffers.

Sent from my A463BG using Tapatalk

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2018, 05:37 PM   #5
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Don't forget the caterer/planner who got put in charge of a big chunk of the Eastern HUD or HEW (?).
Good catch.

Her name was Lynne Patton.

From: https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/opini...ion/index.html
Donald Trump has appointed the spectacularly unqualified Lynne Patton to run the Region II office of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which covers New York and New Jersey -- thus confirming the Trump administration's haphazard treatment of the problems facing American cities. Patton, who has been an event planner and personal aide to members of the Trump family, has no experience in housing or urban development. She will now be tasked with coordinating the flow of billions of federal dollars into New York City, Newark, Trenton and other troubled urban centers.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 8th February 2018, 06:58 PM   #6
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Forgot about this one (from the 'most racist' thread)

Carl Higbie (Volunteer Service Organization)

Found out he was making comments that were bigoted (as well as attacking veterans). Such classy comments as "I just don't like Muslim people". Or about black women: "breeding is a form of government employment". His solution to handling illegal immigrants crossing the border: "You cross my border, I will shoot you in the face". Or about veterans: "I'd say 75% of people with PTSD don't actually have it."

And this guy was not only appointed by the Trump administration, he also acted as a 'surrogate' during the election campaign itself.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/polit...dio/index.html

We are Groot - Groot
Old 9th February 2018, 01:23 AM   #7
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump has the power to turn Yes-men into No-man: everyone who ever worked for or with him says how bad he is as a boss or businessman.
Old 9th February 2018, 03:27 AM   #8
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

There was that woman who was just fired from heading the health department when it was made public that she had shares in tobacco firms.

And, if we're doing appointees who didn't ultimately get the job (IIRC), there was that woman being nominated to head the EPA who denied basic science and didn't know whether water retained heat.

Last edited by Squeegee Beckenheim; 9th February 2018 at 03:28 AM.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 04:32 AM   #9
sts60
Illuminator

Almost all of Trumpís appointees are either unqualified (e.g., Carson) or anti-qualified (e.g., Tillerson, Zinke, Pruitt). Some, like Perry, actually manage to be both.

All in all, they are a fine collection of con men, Klansmen, crackpots, wife-beaters, half-wits, psychopaths, thieves, and traitors. You know, only the best people.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 05:09 AM   #10
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
when it was made public that she had shares in tobacco firms.
IIRC, it was because she bought shares in tobacco firms after she got the gig.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 06:30 AM   #11
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Boy, the Whitehouse sure missed biting a bullet with Porter. They're so lucky he only beat white women.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 06:43 AM   #12
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Almost all of Trumpís appointees are either unqualified (e.g., Carson) or anti-qualified (e.g., Tillerson, Zinke, Pruitt). Some, like Perry, actually manage to be both.

All in all, they are a fine collection of con men, Klansmen, crackpots, wife-beaters, half-wits, psychopaths, thieves, and traitors. You know, only the best people.
...mugs, pugs, thugs, dimwits, halfwits, indian agents, mexican bandits, bank robbers, train robbers **** kickers, and methodists
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 06:48 AM   #13
lomiller
Philosopher

He's draining the swamp!!!

(right into the Whitehouse...)
Old 9th February 2018, 07:04 AM   #14
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
...mugs, pugs, thugs, dimwits, halfwits, indian agents, mexican bandits, bank robbers, train robbers **** kickers, and methodists
Could you repeat that, sir?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 03:06 PM   #15
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

It's probably not all his fault. Most of the people with any sense wouldn't take the job offered no matter how much you paid them.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2018, 10:05 PM   #16
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
There was that woman who was just fired from heading the health department when it was made public that she had shares in tobacco firms.
Brenda Fitzgerald.

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/31/tru...-stock-report/

Quote:
And, if we're doing appointees who didn't ultimately get the job (IIRC), there was that woman being nominated to head the EPA who denied basic science and didn't know whether water retained heat.
I assume you mean Kathleen Hartnett White. Was actually supposed to head the Council on Environmental Quality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.13cace10a112

We are Groot - Groot
Old 11th February 2018, 10:10 PM   #17
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Another resignation due to potential spouse abuse: David Sorenson (speechwriter).

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/polit...ion/index.html

We are Groot - Groot
Old 12th February 2018, 07:30 AM   #18
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
To be fair, when he said "the best people", he didn't really specify what they were the best at...
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 07:46 AM   #19
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Another resignation due to potential spouse abuse: David Sorenson (speechwriter).

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/polit...ion/index.html
2? I bet the Truman and the Eisenhower administrations had way more domestic abusers in them than this current administration. And I can't imagine how bad it was during the Millard Fillmore administration.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 07:59 AM   #20
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Boy, the Whitehouse sure missed biting a bullet with Porter. They're so lucky he only beat white women.
Like they would hire someone with a history of miscegenation.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 08:57 AM   #21
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
2? I bet the Truman and the Eisenhower administrations had way more domestic abusers in them than this current administration. And I can't imagine how bad it was during the Millard Fillmore administration.
Who knows ? Spousal abuse likely wouldn't even have caused much in the way of comment back then - then again I may be being unfair to people in the past.

Suffice it to say that we now live in an age where physically assaulting a spouse is, in general, a career constraining move - and I'm glad that we do.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 03:38 PM   #22
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

But we don't tolerate it now.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 03:46 PM   #23
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
But we don't tolerate it now.
But Washington had slaves.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 05:14 PM   #24
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Could you repeat that, sir?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Ditto.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 12:09 AM   #25
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

You know, I almost forgot this fine Trumpian fellow:

Sebastian Gorka (Security advisor)

Despite questionable academic credentials (supposedly 2 of the referees on his doctoral committee were undergrads) he was considered an 'expert' by the Trump administration. He had access to classified intelligence, despite the fact that: 1) he had been caught trying to bring a gun on a plane, and 2) was subject to an arrest warrant in his native Hungary.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/the-...pert-1.5465216
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...118-story.html

We are Groot - Groot
Old 16th February 2018, 12:36 AM   #26
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
2? I bet the Truman and the Eisenhower administrations had way more domestic abusers in them than this current administration.
Uhhh... so?

As others have pointed out, societies attitudes have changed over time. The fact that things like spousal abuse or bigotry were not condemned in the past doesn't mean that they are acceptable now. People who are civilized now realize that abuse and bigotry are wrong, and having even one person with such a history associated with the president should be considered a bad thing.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 16th February 2018, 03:09 AM   #27
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
You know, I almost forgot this fine Trumpian fellow:

Sebastian Gorka (Security advisor)

Despite questionable academic credentials (supposedly 2 of the referees on his doctoral committee were undergrads) he was considered an 'expert' by the Trump administration. He had access to classified intelligence, despite the fact that: 1) he had been caught trying to bring a gun on a plane, and 2) was subject to an arrest warrant in his native Hungary.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/the-...pert-1.5465216
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...118-story.html
Gorka is such an unmitigated asswipe.

Is there a Hungarian "KKK", or is that just the Nat. Socialists?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 10:30 AM   #28
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post

Order of Vitez. Gorka is a supporter.

Quote:
The United States Department of State included this Order of Vitťz as an institution "under the direction of the Nazi Government of Germany," along with the ruling Arrow Cross Party and other contemporaneous organizations.[2][3]
Old 17th February 2018, 09:07 AM   #29
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)

FCC Director Ajit Pai:

Quote:
The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission is being probed by the agency's inspector general about whether he inappropriately favored a conservative-leaning broadcast company, according to a lawmaker.
Linky.

What is Kushner up to, besides everything?

Quote:
President Trump's son-in-law and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner has reportedly requested more intelligence information than almost every other White House official.

The Washington Post reports that Kushner, whose portfolio encompasses issues ranging from the Middle East peace process to modernizing the federal government’s use of technology, has put in more requests for U.S. intelligence information than any White House staffer not working for the National Security Council.

Kushner holds a Top Secret/sensitive compartmented information (SCI) security clearance, the highest level, which allows him to review some of the nation’s most closely-guarded secrets and allows him access to the presidential daily briefing, according to the Post.

He is one of reportedly dozens of White House officials who have been operating with temporary clearances during Trump’s first year in office, and his clearance could be in jeopardy following chief of staff John Kelly’s changes to the clearance process, the Post said.
Linky.
Old 21st February 2018, 12:31 PM   #30
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
FCC Director Ajit Pai:
The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission is being probed by the agency's inspector general about whether he inappropriately favored a conservative-leaning broadcast company, according to a lawmaker
Linky.
What, you mean the man who seems to be behind the ending of net neutrality may have ethical concerns? I am shocked I tell you! Shocked!

We are Groot - Groot
Old 21st February 2018, 12:38 PM   #31
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

One other that I forgot:

Tom Marino... ("Drug Czar")

Was supposed to head the National Office of Drug Control Policy, but had to withdraw when it became widely known that he played a part in a bill that limited the ability of the police to deal with opioid problems.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 21st February 2018, 01:01 PM   #32
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Quote:

Order of Vitez. Gorka is a supporter.
Isn't that where the 'v' in his name comes from, when he calls himself "Sebastian v. Gorka"?

Gorka denies he's a member of any neo-Nazi group, but between the groups themselves saying "he's a member", his use of the 'v.' initial in his name, and his wearing of a Vitez medal in public appearances certainly don't make things look very good.

Its like someone giving themselves the nick name John "Hitler-lover" Smith, wearing a swastika, and then claiming "I'm not a neo-Nazi", followed by all sorts of explanations about how "the swastika is an ancient symbol" and "there were other people named hitler besides Adolf".

We are Groot - Groot
Old 21st February 2018, 09:56 PM   #33
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Bannon. Steve Bannon. Perhaps the most intelligent person in Donny's White House, but also the least classy. And he had the temerity to contradict Donny, so where is he now.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 21st February 2018 at 09:58 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:17 AM   #34
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Here's another one:

Wilbur Ross (commerce)

May not have been completely accurate in disclosing his financial dealings during his confirmation. Also has financial ties to Russians linked to Putin.

Plus, he's been found to have fallen asleep during meetings. (Even Trump seems to be disappointed in him.)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

http://www.businessinsider.com/wilbur-ross-trump-2018-1

We are Groot - Groot
Old 28th February 2018, 02:41 AM   #35
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)

Remember Ben Carson?

Quote:
Secretary Ben Carson reportedly dropped $31,000 worth of federal funds to swap an old table in his Department of Housing and Urban Development suite with posh dining room furniture.

The custom wood table, chairs and hutch were ordered for $31,561 in 2017, The New York Times reported Tuesday, when the housing agency proposed stripping more than $6 billion from its affordable housing budget.

The Baltimore vendor in charge of building the furniture has not yet delivered it to Carson’s office, according to the paper.

The lavish purchase became a point of contention for HUD’s former chief administrative officer who lodged a whistleblower complaint to claim she was demoted for trying to stop the order.

The Guardian, which first reported on Foster’s missive, reported that another $165,000 was spent on “lounge furniture” from an Indiana company at the Washington headquarters.
Linky.

Quote:
Department of Housing and Urban Development officials spent $31,000 on a new dining room set for Secretary Ben Carson’s office in late 2017 — just as the White House circulated its plans to slash HUD’s programs for the homeless, elderly and poor, according to federal procurement records.

The purchase of the custom hardwood table, chairs and hutch came a month after a top agency staff member filed a whistle-blower complaint charging Mr. Carson’s wife, Candy Carson, with pressuring department officials to find money for the expensive redecoration of his offices, even if it meant circumventing the law.

Mr. Carson is also facing questions on another front. Under pressure earlier this month, he requested that HUD’s inspector general investigate his son’s involvement in a department-sponsored listening tour of Baltimore last summer. Department lawyers had warned Mr. Carson that including Ben Carson Jr., an entrepreneur who does business with the federal government, could create a conflict of interest.
Linky.

Last edited by Tsukasa Buddha; 28th February 2018 at 02:45 AM.
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 10:55 AM   #36
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Robert Weaver... (Indian Health Services)

Was nominated by Trump, but later withdrew his nomination after it was found out that he lied about his qualifications. (He initially claimed that he was a management-level employee at a hospital he worked at, while he was more likely a low-level clerk.)

He also filed for personal bankruptcy and had liens put against one of his businesses over failure to pay taxes. (Given the number of times Trump's businesses have filed for bankruptcy, I can see why Trump would have liked him.)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/polit...aws/index.html
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-p...s&page=1&pos=1

Remember folks, Trump only hires the best!

We are Groot - Groot
Old 1st March 2018, 08:37 AM   #37
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

The job of White House Communications Director is open again.

Is there anyone here at the Forum who is interested in applying?

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 08:49 AM   #38
ahhell
Graduate Poster

Trump seems to give as much thought to his hires as he gives to his tweets.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 09:19 AM   #39
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
The job of White House Communications Director is open again.

Is there anyone here at the Forum who is interested in applying?
Who does Putin recommend?

We are Groot - Groot
Old 1st March 2018, 09:20 AM   #40
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

This should prove interesting: Trump's personal pilot, John Dunkin, appears to be high on his list of who he hopes to appoint as the head of the FAA:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...pticism-366199
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics