IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th February 2024, 02:25 PM   #1
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Trump looks just like Elvis. Really.

For some reason I can't post links, but I did read his statement. He claimed that he and Elvis, other than hair color - could be twins. Really. And yet another layer of insanity.

At least I can't see the resemblance! But maybe it's just me . . .
Old 8th February 2024, 02:29 PM   #2
lobosrul5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
For some reason I can't post links, but I did read his statement. He claimed that he and Elvis, other than hair color - could be twins. Really. And yet another layer of insanity.

I mean....

TBF there is now a lot of speculation that Elvis suffered some sort of condition near the end of his life that caused him a lot of pain and caused him to binge eat.

So I feel a bit mean comparing him to someone who just can't stop eating Micky Dee's.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2024, 02:49 PM   #3
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

You mean Trump looks dead and decomposing?

Last edited by Thermal; 8th February 2024 at 02:50 PM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2024, 08:23 PM   #4
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Costello?
Old 8th February 2024, 08:30 PM   #5
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
You mean Trump looks dead and decomposing?
Is that REALLY a question?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 01:08 AM   #6
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post

See for yourself courtesy of the Daily Fail.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 01:42 AM   #7
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
See for yourself courtesy of the Daily Fail.

I like one of the replies to his post that the article reproduced.

Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 02:11 AM   #8
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, I se several similarities; let me see, they both seem to have:

Two eyes, check.
One nose, check.
One mouth, check.
One toupee, check.

Hans
Old 9th February 2024, 03:43 AM   #9
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

You got me a fat Elvis!
I don't want a fat Elvis!
I want a skinny Elvis!

Old 9th February 2024, 09:29 AM   #10
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

Well, Trump does look like he's been made up by a mortician for a viewing so they have that much in common.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 09:34 AM   #11
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

Elvis is everywhere (thank you, Mojo Nixon RIP).
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 01:45 PM   #12
Gulliver Foyle
Illuminator

Well if you squint a bit, he does look like Fr. Jack Hackett.
Old 9th February 2024, 01:49 PM   #13
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

He looks a little like Elvis in Mme Tussaud's wax museum with the air conditioning on the fritz.
Old 9th February 2024, 08:04 PM   #14
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Given someone aligned the faces—lips, nose, chin, etc—no wonder they look similar. Bet Trump liked that photo-shopper 'a lot'.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 08:12 PM   #15
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
I like one of the replies to his post that the article reproduced.

Why does he walk and stand like a severed centaur?
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 09:36 PM   #16
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
Why does he walk and stand like a severed centaur?
I think it comes from the self-learned idea that leaning forward makes you appear more powerful. It's the same reason that he would jerk and pull anyone's hand he shook, sometimes almost pulling them off balance.
Old 9th February 2024, 09:41 PM   #17
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I think it comes from the self-learned idea that leaning forward makes you appear more powerful. ...
It's the girdle he wears, and his shoe lifts.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2024, 10:47 PM   #18
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

On his best day Trump only looks half as good as the contents of the toilet Elvis died upon.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics