ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Dave Thomas , richard gage , wtc collapse

Reply
Old 14th September 2010, 07:58 AM   #1041
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Between you and ergo, this is all you can do. No physics, no math, no idea what happen on 911 so you make fun of those who died by spreading lies and idiotic claims from a failed movement.

Posting off topic seals the deal, you and ergo don't do science. You adopt lies and apologize for terrorists, and bill calls firemen liars due to her ignorance and inability to understand similes.
Gather round now Beachnut and I will explain.......

If you want to better understand why the firemen's statements often use simile instead of positive declarations of controlled demolition read the following.

The real fact of the matter is that all of those firemen knew that planes had struck the buildings. This fact alone conditioned them away from considering that the explosions they heard could have had anything to do with controlled demolition. So it is all the more remarkable to hear their descriptions virtually describing a controlled demolition despite their very good reasons for discounting that very possibilty.

Do you now understand the point that the firemen would have been making definite allegations of controlled demolition if they had not seen or known about the planes ?

Instead of their uncertainty shown in the statements in this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ4dVo5QgYg Firemen's Testimony- Study
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 08:08 AM   #1042
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,495
Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Gather round now Beachnut and I will explain.......

If you want to better understand why the firemen's statements often use simile instead of positive declarations of controlled demolition read the following.

The real fact of the matter is that all of those firemen knew that planes had struck the buildings. This fact alone conditioned them away from considering that the explosions they heard could have had anything to do with controlled demolition. So it is all the more remarkable to hear their descriptions virtually describing a controlled demolition despite their very good reasons for discounting that very possibilty.

Do you now understand the point that the firemen would have been making definite allegations of controlled demolition if they had not seen or known about the planes ?

Instead of their uncertainty shown in the statements in this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ4dVo5QgYg Firemen's Testimony- Study
In other words, Bill's a no-planer now.

I saw a similar screed from another no-planer who basically said that the reason they needed to prove there were no-planes that hit the towers was because the planes made it too easy to explain the towers collapses without magic thermite/space-beams/micro-nukes.

What Bill is saying is that the towers collapsing after being struck by 140 ton sledge hammers at 500 miles per hour makes too much sense.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 08:28 AM   #1043
Disbelief
Master Poster
 
Disbelief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,414
Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
In other words, Bill's a no-planer now.
No, Bill is a troll. He is just looking for attention, as he demonstrated by saying the FFs were liars because he knew what the response would be. If everyone would stop feeding him in multiple threads, he disappears.

While MM and C7 truly believe, Bill just wants people to look at him.
__________________
Zensmack (LastChild, Laughing Assassin, RazetheFlag, Wastrel, TruthbyDecree) - Working his way up the sock puppet chain, trying to overtake P'Doh. Or, are they the same?

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 08:30 AM   #1044
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,802
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
I gave a 9-11 presentation last night at the monthly meeting of NMSR, New Mexicans for Science and Reason.

My slides are online here.

The slides explain a physics model for the twin towers collapse; the video of the comparison of model results to actual is online here:

The PDF has results, compares them to Bazant, etc.

Comments welcomed!

Cheers, Dave Thomas
The topic of the thread. 911 truth, no clue what happen on 911, no clue what the topic is.

Dave sums up 911.
Quote:
“I accept the overwhelming evidence that the towers and pentagon were attacked by Muslim terrorists using hijacked planes.”
Based on reality, like using facts and evidence, the truth is found. 911 truth makes up moronic fantasies out of ignorance and ignores reality and spreads lies. 9 years of failure has not stopped a fringe few from spreading delusions that are incredibly stupid.


911 truth can't comprehend why sounds, sound like explosions. Simile. 911 truth will take bodies hitting the ground, which sounded like explosions, and use those statements as proof for their delusions.
Quote:
“Over 100 first responders reported explosions and flashes”
There are many causes of loud noises besides explosions: car crashes, rockslides, etc.
Expulsion of air inside the tower floors produces puffs of smoke resembling “squibs”
I remember the first time I saw "squib" used by 911 truth. I have seen explosives go off, and at my location glass was broken. The air puffs fooled the dolts in 911 truth to make up lies. They are void of knowledge and experience, most will recover and cringe when they try to think how they were fooled; a cheap lesson in fraud is what 911 truth is best for.


Last edited by beachnut; 14th September 2010 at 08:52 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 09:00 AM   #1045
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,495
Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
No, Bill is a troll. He is just looking for attention, as he demonstrated by saying the FFs were liars because he knew what the response would be. If everyone would stop feeding him in multiple threads, he disappears.
All truthers believe the firefighters are in on it. They have to. There's no other way to make their theories work in light of firefighter testimony and the overall refusal by the first responders to support them.

Most of them are quite stupid, yet they posses just enough sense to know that saying what they believe in respect to the first responders is PR poison. Most truthers can eventually be tricked into saying too much and it's often amusing watching them try to bluster and BS and backtrack in a vain attempt to put the genie back into the bottle (Redibis falls into this category).

Others are so stupid, they don't have that kind of restraint and they'll just say it flat out.

Guess which category Bill falls under?

Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
While MM and C7 truly believe, Bill just wants people to look at him.
All truthers are trolls. Their movement has collapsed, trolling is all they have left. I have little doubt that Bill is also a believer.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 01:30 PM   #1046
X
Slide Rulez 4 Life
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,127
Oh FFS


I can't stand watching ergo tapdance around his obvious ignorance of physics any longer.

Here's a fairly simple free-body-diagram for you.

If you don't understand what is being shown, then either educate yourself or shut up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fbd1.JPG (21.8 KB, 5 views)
__________________
It is sad that this is necessary:
Argumentum Ad Hominem: "You are wrong because you are ugly."
Not Ad-Hom: "You are wrong and you are ugly."

[X's posts are] ...as good as having 24 hours of Justin Bieber piped into your ears! - kmortis
X is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 01:43 PM   #1047
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,307
Originally Posted by X View Post
Oh FFS


I can't stand watching ergo tapdance around his obvious ignorance of physics any longer.

Here's a fairly simple free-body-diagram for you.

If you don't understand what is being shown, then either educate yourself or shut up.
I'm fairly certain he will claim your diagram "defies the laws of physics" (then will argue about it for days and never state how).

__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 02:12 PM   #1048
triforcharity
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,961
10-1 says he won't know what it means.....
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2010, 08:53 PM   #1049
AZCat
Graduate Poster
 
AZCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,672
Originally Posted by Arus808 View Post
AZ. please leave the bad troll alone. let him sulk under his dark bridge. best not to tempt the troll unless you have the three billy goats gruff with you.
Sorry - I've been helping a couple of our young engineers study for the E.I.T. and am in "teaching" mode.
AZCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2010, 12:47 PM   #1050
excaza
Illuminator
 
excaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,593
Free body diagrams are technical drawings?

Wow.
__________________
excaza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2010, 09:56 AM   #1051
TruthersLie
This space for rent.
 
TruthersLie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,715
Originally Posted by excaza View Post
Free body diagrams are technical drawings?

Wow.
And here I figured it was like the sports illustrated swimsuit issue only better.... (manga version)
__________________
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2010, 01:00 PM   #1052
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,802
Originally Posted by X View Post
Oh FFS


I can't stand watching ergo tapdance around his obvious ignorance of physics any longer.

Here's a fairly simple free-body-diagram for you.

If you don't understand what is being shown, then either educate yourself or shut up.
Will the physics expert come back and explain his claims?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2010, 05:07 AM   #1053
TruthersLie
This space for rent.
 
TruthersLie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,715
Bump for ERGO.

Come on, have you figured out how a FBD works yet? With all of that physics knowledge... (have you even figured out how to use a stopwatch yet?)
__________________
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.