ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Penttbom and identifcation of the hijackers

Does anyone know of any internetbased source that deals explicitly with the FBI Penttbom investigation and the public records of everything that FBI used to identify the hijackers? Or even some site that provides a narrative of it, eg from a to z How the FBI identified the hijackers?

I've found a lot of fragments: The Moussaoui trial exibits, a few articles in New York times and Newsweek regarding the DNA identification process, but nothing that sort of collects it all and puts it all together. I was hoping I have overlooked something...
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:21 PM   #2
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Check with MikeW. If anyone in the community has what you are looking for, he does.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:21 PM   #3
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Some 9/11 Commission docs have more info.

This one has family members identifying them from photos.

And this one has other info, including a DNA match between samples taken from Jarrah's girlfriend's apartment and remains found at the Flight 93 crash scene.

Not bringing it all together, exactly, but along with everything else you've found it might help...?
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Some 9/11 Commission docs have more info.

This one has family members identifying them from photos.

And this one has other info, including a DNA match between samples taken from Jarrah's girlfriend's apartment and remains found at the Flight 93 crash scene.

Not bringing it all together, exactly, but along with everything else you've found it might help...?
Yep, I've used those two in a current post I made. I've so far not found the relative-identification of Atta and umm... the libanese hijacker though.

But if there isn't one, the internet do lack a compilation that puts all this into an as complete recapitulation as possible.
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2009, 03:59 PM   #5
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Panoply_Prefect View Post
Does anyone know of any internetbased source that deals explicitly with the FBI Penttbom investigation and the public records of everything that FBI used to identify the hijackers? Or even some site that provides a narrative of it, eg from a to z How the FBI identified the hijackers?

I've found a lot of fragments: The Moussaoui trial exibits, a few articles in New York times and Newsweek regarding the DNA identification process, but nothing that sort of collects it all and puts it all together. I was hoping I have overlooked something...
The Moussaoui Trial has several documents that summarize, and they have tonnes of documents such as puchase receipts, etc...logging/tracking the hijackers.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Homeland Insurgency
Banned

The 9/11 hijackers have never been positively identified. To prove that all you need to ask of any debunker is to list each and every hijacker one by one and prove how each and every one were positively identified.

They won't be able to do it.
Homeland Insurgency is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Homeland Insurgency View Post
The 9/11 hijackers have never been positively identified. To prove that all you need to ask of any debunker is to list each and every hijacker one by one and prove how each and every one were positively identified.

AFAIK a lot of them have, if by "positively identified" you mean DNA-identified:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us...97HWA0lTvFd+KA

http://www.newsweek.com/id/177724/output/print

Apart from that, from what I can gather putting together the pieces available on the net, I would draw the conclusion that their identity have been positively established. However, this is a tad OT from what I intended by this thread - perhaps the discussion of the identity of the hijackers could be the subject of a different thread.

Last edited by Panoply_Prefect; 23rd April 2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:45 PM   #8
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
The Moussaoui Trial has several documents that summarize, and they have tonnes of documents such as puchase receipts, etc...logging/tracking the hijackers.

TAM
I know, but all the evidence on the net, are fragmentarized. I'm looking for more of timeline or narrative. Perhaps I'm really searching for a journalistic article - had I been US-based I might even have opted for writing one myself, being a journalist and all...

I did find a "Complete 911 Timeline":

http://www.historycommons.org/timeli...e&startpos=100

I haven't actually checked that site yet, but I will.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:27 PM   #9
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Yep, I've used those two in a current post I made. I've so far not found the relative-identification of Atta and umm... the libanese hijacker though.
Jarrah? I've seen an article where they appear to accept he was on board and dead, but suggest he might just have been a passenger. And there's the DNA link with traces at Senguen's apartment.

There's also the British teacher who trained with Jarrah in Florida and apparently recognised his voice on the Flight 93 tapes (source).

It is fragmented, of course, and truthers will find an excuse to deny it regardless. But that's fine: let them, I increasingly couldn't care less.
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2009, 04:12 AM   #10
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

I know, but all the evidence on the net, are fragmentarized. I'm looking for more of timeline or narrative. Perhaps I'm really searching for a journalistic article - had I been US-based I might even have opted for writing one myself, being a journalist and all...

I did find a "Complete 911 Timeline":

http://www.historycommons.org/timeli...e&startpos=100

I haven't actually checked that site yet, but I will.
That "timeline" is a valuable collection, but be careful. There is often a spin put on the article or data presented in each case...go to the ORIGINAL Links that they give, and read for yourself, taking into context who wrote it, and the date it was written on.

TAM
Old 24th April 2009, 04:14 AM   #11
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

This is of course a lie.
Old 24th April 2009, 04:16 AM   #12
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

That "timeline" is a valuable collection, but be careful. There is often a spin put on the article or data presented in each case...go to the ORIGINAL Links that they give, and read for yourself, taking into context who wrote it, and the date it was written on.

TAM
Yes I did notice that when I read the entry about FBI and IRS arriving at Dulles Airport.
Old 24th April 2009, 06:40 AM   #13
FineWine

All of the hijackers bought tickets and had seats on the four planes they hijacked. Their names and seating positions are shown on the flight manifests.
FineWine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2009, 09:10 AM   #14
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Jarrah? I've seen an article where they appear to accept he was on board and dead, but suggest he might just have been a passenger. And there's the DNA link with traces at Senguen's apartment.
A yes, sorry, I was inexact. I was thinking of prior to the DNA-testing. Eg the first identification - when they showed photos to relatives etc.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:03 AM   #15
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wiki did!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organiz...,_2001_attacks
Why can't you figure this out in 7 years, 7 months, 13 days ; The passengers on Flight 93 figured it out in minutes. Good luck researching. Your past performance is dismal.

Oops, the FBI identified them too
http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel01/092701hjpic.htm

Either you have a problem with understanding evidence, or you understand 911 better than the entire world.
Have you reported your "facts" to CNN?
Have you tried to publish a story based on this Pulitzer Prize winning statement
Quote:
9/11 hijackers have never been positively identified
?
I assume you have not attempted to alert anyone of your delusional ideas and this is why we will not see your award of the Pulitzer, or your, "9/11 hijackers have never been positively identified" making news.

There are DNA profiles identified to be the hijackers. If you can talk the relatives in to claiming the remains a DNA identification can be made to the family. The terrorists are not going anywhere soon.

7 years, 7 months, 13 days and all 911Truth delusions are still evidence free with no Pulitzer Prize.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2009, 12:07 PM   #16
progge
Thinker

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but with regard to the OP this document might be a little helpful:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16729087/T...BI-Records-195

Concerning DNA identification, p. 56 states:

Quote:
One latent fingerprint developed on K3100, non-immigrant visa application, dated 6/12/2001, under the name of SAEED A. A. A. AL GHAMDI, has been identified with a post-mortem fingerprint obtained from a portion of the remains examined in connection with United Airlines Flight #93, designated part #409, FBI #742224TB9.
progge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2009, 12:10 PM   #17
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

great find progge. It does not want to load though (says error streaming document).

Anywhere else this document can be found?

TAM
Old 6th July 2009, 12:14 PM   #18
BigAl
Philosopher

Section [5] on this page lists all of them.
http://911links.webs.com/19Hijackers.htm
The books listed in the bibliography describe how we know about each of them.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2009, 03:35 PM   #19
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

great find progge. It does not want to load though (says error streaming document).

Anywhere else this document can be found?

TAM
Try clicking the "download" button at the top... you can download it as a PDF or text file.
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2009, 04:21 PM   #20
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HeyLeroy View Post
Try clicking the "download" button at the top... you can download it as a PDF or text file.
yah but you have to join...and I don't wanna. Besides, seems bit by bit it is downloadable if I hit refresh enough...lol

TAM

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories