ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory

Old 5th April 2009, 03:32 PM   #1441
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by 9/11-investigator View Post
Yes, it is settled: the authors of that paper, which is published in a pay-to-play online journal that published only 8 articles in the past year (if memory serves correctly), are either deliberately deceitful, abysmally stupid, or both. I vote for both.

If you think I'm wrong, ask them for the comparison of their tests on the red-gray "thermite" chips with known iron oxide primer paint (preferably from the WTC site). After all, such a comparison is one of the first things a scientist would do.

Well, 9/11-investigator, what did they say?

See?

While you're at it, since you claim to be an "investigator," please show anyone's calculations of the damage that a <1 mm-thick coating of thermite would do to the structural steel in the WTC skyscrapers.

Have at it, "investigator."

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 08:45 PM   #1442
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

A vanity press paper on an idea made up by Dr Jones four years after 911 settles it. It = 911Truth is evidence free 7 plus years.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 10:35 PM   #1443
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)

http://www.bentham-open.org/pages/co...001/7TOCPJ.SGM

OK, that's settled then. The WTC buildings were brought down by controlled demolition. Maybe that a few american STASI-like pockets of resistance will continue the reargard fight, for the more intelligent and pragmatic debunker it should be clear now: all resistance is futile (and bad for your career in the long run).

9/11 was an inside job after all.

The question now remains: who exactly did it?

To refresh your memory:

http://how911wasdone.blogspot.com/
Not a peer-revied journal,but journal publishing when paid for. (inside job!)
R.Mackey was in contact with them in past to get some info,but unsuccessfuly.
I think you are referencing Jones paper.Since it is not posted in legitimate journal ,but in this,means doubt.
And in thread http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=139293 it is being torned apart.

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 01:16 AM   #1444
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

OK, that's settled then. The WTC buildings were brought down by controlled demolition.
In fantasy world only, sorry. This "paper" demonstrates that a building made of painted steel and aluminium contained aluminium, rust, and paint. This is not an earth-shattering conclusion.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2009, 06:53 AM   #1445
triforcharity
Banned

Now, I know that I am very late to this thread, but has anyone brought up this fact.

How did they used "remote controlled wireless detonators" when the radios for firefighters wouldn't even work above certain floors in the towers??? Hummm.......
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2009, 02:25 PM   #1446
doobiedoright
Critical Thinker

Excellent post ellindsay!

Yes I am aware that the 9/11 planes were older types, not FBW. I remember that on the forum in Holland, on which discussion my blog is based, we had heated debates over exactly this issue. You will probably agree that an autopilot controls servo's that control the cables. You confirm what somebody in Holland stated: that the steering pole (german Steuerknueppel; english word?) follows the movement of flaps (word?). What I cannot imagine that there is no mechanical amplifier between the steering pole and the planes that are controlled (a wing and tail). The forces on these planes at 500 mph must be enormous. There must be an amplifier. If that were the case then I cannot accept your reasoning that the pilot can 'mechanically overrule' the autopilot. It is the force of the servo that determines the position of the flaps

But I get your point and start to understand why in the narrative of 911research they build in an additional element:

The use of AAL Flight 11 and UAL Flight 175 to attack the Twin Towers, and of AAL Flight 77 to attack the Pentagon requires the execution of two main tasks in each case:

1. Rendering unconscious the flight crew and passengers, preventing any communications from them about events in the cabin.
2. Taking over the flight computers, allowing the planes to be auto-piloted to their targets.

Task 1 is achieved with aerosol bombs of decapacitating gas hidden in luggage. The gas is fentanyl, the extremely potent opiate used by Russian forces to end the hostage crisis in the theater in Chechnya. The bombs detonate when the barometric trigger senses a cabin pressure corresponding to an altitude of 28,000 feet. The fentanyl gas diffuses throughout the cabin and is absorbed so rapidly by the victims that they cannot even pick up a cell phone or handset to initiate a call.

But I am starting to feel compassion for you debunkers. We truthers are hopeless.

http://911research.wtc7.net/sept11/a...enario404.html

You do know that aircraft are pressurized and therefore the BP @ 28000 is not the same inside the aircraft as it is outside it right?
Way to easy to show your thinking is severely flawed!
doobiedoright is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2009, 09:38 AM   #1447
triforcharity
Banned

Notice he convienently leaves out Flt 93, the one where they made phone calls from.

I bet that people on the other flights made phone calls too, but I am not certain on this.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2009, 10:13 PM   #1448
Justin39640
Illuminator

they did
flight 11 betty ong's call
and flight 77 there were some calls
and 175

dont forget back then GTE seat back "airfones" were pretty common so the cell phone argument is silly
even though some did get through on cells a lot of the calls were on the airfones

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories