ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory

Old 10th November 2008, 09:47 AM   #121
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie

Originally Posted by Senenmut View Post
It's a group of ideologues with pre-determined notions of truth and reality. They take bits of intelligence to support their agenda and ignore anything contrary.
Congratulations, Senenmut. I have never read a more accurate description of yourself and all other twoofers. In your determination to cherry-pick, hammer and file the evidence to fit your predetermined conclusion, you're behaving exactly like the Bush administration.

A remarkably distinguished bunch to have as intellectual peers, no?
Old 10th November 2008, 09:49 AM   #122
~enigma~
Banned

I wonder how interested the FBI would be in Bollyn's Amsterdam IP. Guess he forgot the Dutch do have an extradition treaty with the USA.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 09:53 AM   #123
9/11-investigator
Banned

Now let's open the document:

REBUILDING AMERICA’S DEFENSES

A Report of
The Project for the New American Century
September 2000

Hmmm, one year before the event we are so cordially discussing in this cozy little trans-atlantic get-together.

Let's first go to page 51
blader-blader-blader... Ah, there it is:

The chapter is called: Creating Tomorrows Dominant Force.

Hmm. Sounds ambitious. Discussion about how America can expands it's global leadership.

And then the infamous phrase comes which is the key to 9/11:

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.

That's interesting. A New Pearl Harbor.

Now what was Pearl Harbor again? Was it not that act of war that was almost enforced by Roosevelt on the japanese to create an excuse to enter in WW2?

How many dead service men were there to deplore?

Some 3000. This number was sufficient to get a reluctant American population into enthusiastically joining the war effort.

Right.

A New Pearl Harbor.

Now how many people died at 9/11?

Some 3000.

Right.
9/11-investigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:00 AM   #124
9/11-investigator
Banned

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
I wonder how interested the FBI would be in Bollyn's Amsterdam IP. Guess he forgot the Dutch do have an extradition treaty with the USA.
You mean the guy that got tasered by the police for no reason at all in front of his kid and wife. Or rather because of his writings were getting too dangerous for the Straussian rulers in the US?

That is the face of the new America.

But nevertheless, you just made me a huge compliment!

Are you really saying that you cannot discern any difference in style and writing between Bollyn, the American writer and journalist, and me, the dutch 9/11 amateur detective?

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by 9/11-investigator; 10th November 2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar
9/11-investigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:00 AM   #125
David Wong
Graduate Poster

Wow! I can't believe nobody has ever brought up the pnac page before! Thank you for opening my eyes!
David Wong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:03 AM   #126
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

It is simply amazing how many CTists bring up that one sentence from PNAC and completely miss the point that a "new Pearl Harbor" is the last thing they wanted.

Such reading incomprehension brings tears to the eyes of college English professors the world over.
Old 10th November 2008, 10:03 AM   #127
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Yea. The PNAC. We've never talked about that here. I think we need regroup back at NWO headquarters to discuss the BRAND-NEW smoking gun evidence that 911 was an inside job.

TO THE BAT CAVE!!
Old 10th November 2008, 10:15 AM   #128
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

Originally Posted by 9/11-investigator View Post

A Report of
September 2000

Hmmm, one year before the event we are so cordially discussing in this cozy little trans-atlantic get-together.

Hmm. Sounds ambitious. Discussion about how America can expands it's global leadership.

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.

Now what was Pearl Harbor again? Was it not that act of war that was almost enforced by Roosevelt on the japanese to create an excuse to enter in WW2?

Some 3000. This number was sufficient to get a reluctant American population into enthusiastically joining the war effort.

Right.

A New Pearl Harbor.

Some 3000.

Right.
I was right, you did not understand what it said, only what some moron truthers have told you. Keep parroting the lies of others.

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:22 AM   #129
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Bzzzzt! Wrong! The correct answer is 2402 Americans killed at Pearl Harbor, of which 2,345 were American service men and 57 were civilians.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:29 AM   #130
Pardalis
Banned

And what about the last elections?

Sort of an anticlimax to the whole plot isn't it?
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:38 AM   #131
9/11-investigator
Banned

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
And what about the last elections?

Sort of an anticlimax to the whole plot isn't it?
I really hope so. The other possibility is too horrific to contemplate...

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=12166

9/11-2 ?
Old 10th November 2008, 10:40 AM   #132
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Are you really saying that you cannot discern any difference in style and writing between Bollyn, the American writer and journalist alcoholic, felon, fugitive holocaust denier and me, the dutch 9/11 amateur detective?

THANK YOU!!!
Yes, that is what we are saying. Kudos
Old 10th November 2008, 10:41 AM   #133
Pardalis
Banned

I really hope so. The other possibility is too horrific to contemplate...
"They" could pull off 9/11, but not manage to win an election?
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:44 AM   #134
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

- explain WTC-7 for me
A building was set on fire and burned for seven hours without the benefit of any firefighting effort. Its fireproofing had a four-hour rating at best. It fell down, as burning buildings can do (and other steel-framed buidings have) if nobody tries to put the fire out. The fire and collapse have been modelled by NIST, and there is general (though not detailed) agreement between modelling and observation; it's hardly surprising that such a complex event can't be modelled any better.

- - explain the Pentagon hole
The Pentagon crash has been extensively modelled by Purdue University, and their results match the damage observed very closely. The hole is therefore explained very comprehensively by the impact of a Boeing 757.

Explain why these explanations aren't good enough, and come up with ones that better fit the totality of the evidence.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:45 AM   #135
8den
Graduate Poster

Before you can acquire evidence you need first a narative to find evidence for.
You mean how you made up how Atta and the rest of the Hamburg cell were killed and how their bodies are disposed of?

Quick tip making stuff up isn't a theory.

Quote:
Snip PNAC nonsense
The words "propitious" and "policy" are in danger of appearing on this thread.

Last edited by 8den; 10th November 2008 at 10:46 AM.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 10:56 AM   #136
9/11-investigator
Banned

"They" never loose elections in America.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:03 AM   #137
Pardalis
Banned

"They" never loose elections in America.
cue in The Twilight Zone theme...
Old 10th November 2008, 11:07 AM   #138
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

Why blame the muslims.
No one is blaming "the muslims". Everyone is blaming Al qaede, a relatively small but effective group of extremists who have terrorist networks all over the world. Each cell can operate independently and are only connected through few high ranking individuals, making them very difficult to track and destroy. The evidence that Al qaeda planned and carried out the attacks on 9/11 is abundant, the evidence that jews did it is non existent.
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 11:25 AM   #139
JamesB
Master Poster

That is easily the most bizarre description of Pearl Harbor that I have ever heard.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 11:28 AM   #140
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
What the observer of these happenings heard beneath him after the normal niceties were exchanged between the three men alarmed him. The man who arrived in the Town Car said, “The Americans will learn what it is to live with terrorists after the planes hit the twins in September.” One of the men that had been leaning against the retaining wall expressed concerns regarding whether the upcoming presidential election (November 2000) between Bush / Cheney and Gore / Lieberman could impact the plans. The man that arrived in the Town Car pacified the doubts by saying, “Don’t worry, we have people in high places and no matter who gets elected, they will take care of everything.”
In addition to overhearing in Hebrew, the statements, “The Americans will learn what it is to live with terrorists after the planes hit the twins in September”, and “Don’t worry, we have people in high places and no matter who gets elected, they will take care of everything”, the source also reports that he overheard one of the three men in the Gomel Chesed Cemetery say, “The Arabs are so stupid. They don’t even imagine that we are using them.” This comment should not be overlooked.
God, it is a cheap imitation of the Protocols Of the Learned Elders Of Zion.

ANybody else join me in calling "Anti Semitism" on these two clowns?
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 11:30 AM   #141
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

Great, looks like we got another newbie truther who is launching another twoofer burrito. As he continues to read off every cliche conspiracy claim off the list of the conspiracy tabloids. And like all the lemings before him, seems to think he's the first one to bring up all these cliche arguments that have been discussed to death. Because he, like the other lemmings, can't be bothered to use the search function.

I guess the view point that the Jews and the government could pull off this huge act of impossible deception, but somehow can't get around faking a wanted poster should have been a dead give away. But the PNAC argument is the cliche of all cliches. I guess it's that time of the month already.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 12:01 PM   #142
Pi_314
Thinker

You're doing a great job there 911 Invstigator. Keep up the good work !

The fine print - We should encourage these people to continue wasting their lives. ;-) Better that than to have them in the midst of reality. I mean .... you don't want then operating heavy equipment do you?
Pi_314 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 12:05 PM   #143
uruk
Philosopher

I wonder if it is congenital that all conspiracy theorists have to believe in wildly convoluted and insanely complicated conspiracy plans?

If I was planing the events of 9/11 as a false flag this is how I would do it and it would only take two people (to be involved in the actual conspiracy) to accomplish it.

First there are many radical Islamic groups out there who would give thier left ovary to commit an attack on the US. So that part is a givin.

I would then recruit an agent, someone who would blend in and gain the trust of the terrorist group, and have him put the plan in action via the terrorist group. The cash wouldn't be a problem, especially if the agent recruited was already rich or from a rich family.

Everything would then proceed as pretty much as it happened on 9/11. And only two people would know the truth. "You", the trusted politcal figure and one "terrorist leader" for whom you would give a half-hearted, half-assed search for.

Any investigation into the attack would show exactly what was discovered inthe NIST and FBI investigations.

The arguments the conspiracy thoerists have about the building collapse and plane impacts are simply arguments from incredulity and poor, uneducated interpretations of pictures and videos.

Abe Lincoln
uruk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 12:07 PM   #144
Bobert
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Homeland Insurgency View Post
Well you guys are always screaming for a theory.

Get to it.

I mean that's what you're all here for no?

Let the debunking begin!
YyyyYYYyyyYYYYaaaaAAAAwwwwWWWwwwwNNNnnnnnNNNNn
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 12:07 PM   #145
Stupid
Thinker

..."they" also failed to plant WMD evidence in Iraq....
...and failed to link a dead man -Saddam- to 911 or Al Queda...
...and the powerful and ruthless "they" cannot even silence amateur investigators from exposing "their" troof.

=S=

I forgot about the recent financial collapse....but that of course was planned, by secretly planting bad mortgages.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:28 PM   #146
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
Ah yes, because every single passenger on these aircraft booked their flight so far in advance the ninjas could actually gather enough detailed personal information about them to fool their relatives. Do you have any idea how utterly pathetically stupid the above is?
I really want to go back to this because 9/11-investigator has totally ignored it and all the rest of Gumboot's postings.

9/11-investigator says that:

Quote:
My contribution to the solution is that I found out how these agents got hold of sound samples in order to make voice morphing possible in the first place (keyword: Israeli firm Amdocs that has infiltrated US telecom networks).
I want to know how they knew to intercept and record Mark Bingham.

See here's a call that many CT's claim was faked, but how did the conspriators know to fake a call from him? Mark was never booked on Flight 93, he was supposed to take Flight 95 at 6:05am, not Flight 93 at 8:00am. How did the conspriators know that he'd miss his flight? How did they know that he would be out drinking the night before resulting in him oversleeping and missing his plane? He was then rushed to the airport by a friend and managed to catch 93 at the very last minute? Since he was never booked on the flight, and since he got onto it at the very last moment (he was the last passanger on and according to the accounts had to run to catch it) how could the conspirators possibly known he would be on the plane?

Interestingly he wasn't the only one that did last minute changes. Even the pilot wasn't supposed to be flying that day, he changed his schedule so he could have the friday off to spend with his wife, it was their wedding anniversary. How did the conspriators know that these people would change their plans and be on Flight 93?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 10th November 2008 at 12:32 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 12:48 PM   #147
9/11-investigator
Banned

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
It is simply amazing how many CTists bring up that one sentence from PNAC and completely miss the point that a "new Pearl Harbor" is the last thing they wanted.

Such reading incomprehension brings tears to the eyes of college English professors the world over.
Here is the sentence again: Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.

You claim that from your understanding of English it is obvious that the last thing they wanted was a New Pearl Harbor.

Now here we have a group of plotters and schemers who plan for world domination no less and our friend Hokulele wants to turn these modern day trozkyites into a bunch of mother Theresa sissies?

Give me a break!
Old 10th November 2008, 12:55 PM   #148
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

What would you accept as evidence? I am an amateur detective, just like you, hacking away on his laptop far away in Holland. I have no forensic institute, no police department behind me. So what do you expect?

En what about your evidence for your story?

- explain WTC-7 for me
- explain the Pentagon hole
Answering a question with a question is a diversion tactic, likely because you do not have any evidence.

-------

WTC7 - Prolonged untreated fires resulted in the collapse of a critical column, which then resulted in the collapse of the penthouse, followed by a total collapse of the building. A group of engineers and Physicists came to this conclusion. I have seen no scientific paper (or even close) proving (A) that they were wrong, or (B) with a plausible alternative theory backed by science.

Pentagon Hole - The full extent of the Hole in the Pentagon was some 80-90 feet in length on the first floor, as well as a 12-16 foot wide hole on the second floor. The full extent of this hole was obscured in many photos. Investigative engineers assigned to investigate the crash have concluded this was the size of the "Hole". They have not concluded that anything but a jet airliner caused the hole. I have seen no photographic evidence, nor have I seen any eyewitness testimony to refute this claim. There were dozens of witnesses who saw an airliner strike the Pentagon to produce the hole.

These topics have been covered dozens of times.

Use the terms "JREF" and "Pentagon Hole" and/or "WTC7" and start reading what the links take you to.

as well, check out these links...

http://wtc7lies.googlepages.com/home
http://www.911myths.com/
http://www.icivilengineer.com/News/WTC/structure.php
http://www.9-11commission.gov/
http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notable...osecution.html

When you have done all that (about 2-3 months worth of reading), then please, bring back issues you have with the evidence, and people here would be happy to discuss it with you.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 12:55 PM   #149
9/11-investigator
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I really want to go back to this because 9/11-investigator has totally ignored it and all the rest of Gumboot's postings.

9/11-investigator says that:

I want to know how they knew to intercept and record Mark Bingham.

See here's a call that many CT's claim was faked, but how did the conspriators know to fake a call from him? Mark was never booked on Flight 93, he was supposed to take Flight 95 at 6:05am, not Flight 93 at 8:00am. How did the conspriators know that he'd miss his flight? How did they know that he would be out drinking the night before resulting in him oversleeping and missing his plane? He was then rushed to the airport by a friend and managed to catch 93 at the very last minute? Since he was never booked on the flight, and since he got onto it at the very last moment (he was the last passanger on and according to the accounts had to run to catch it) how could the conspirators possibly known he would be on the plane?

Interestingly he wasn't the only one that did last minute changes. Even the pilot wasn't supposed to be flying that day, he changed his schedule so he could have the friday off to spend with his wife, it was their wedding anniversary. How did the conspriators know that these people would change their plans and be on Flight 93?
Respekt! This is by far the most intelligent and to the point question I have seen up till now. This is the kind of questions why I am here in the first place. To be honest I have never heard of Mark Bingham before but I will certainly come back to it, because this seams to be a real test for the theory
Old 10th November 2008, 12:57 PM   #150
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

A Report of
September 2000

Right.

A New Pearl Harbor.

Some 3000.

Right.
Imagine, Neo-Con war hawks with an agenda to build america's defenses. Imagine Bush and the crowd wanting to go to war.

Still not evidence. 0 and 1 so far.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 01:02 PM   #151
Sparky
Critical Thinker

I almost forgot.

I need Sparky an answer regarding motives.

Why Israel?

Still care for an answer Sparky? Anybody?

This is obviously the core. Very, very sensitive.

Now what is it what we have here...

A precious little document:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/Re...asDefenses.pdf
Let me get this straight.

The Mossad pursues what would potentially be the riskiest false-flag operation ever conceived in order to goad the U.S. into a defense buildup?

For what purpose may I ask?

And if that was the intention, I would say it backfired mightily since Obama has made it a stated goal to reduce the US military by 25% after he assumes the throne.
Sparky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 01:06 PM   #152
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

sounds a lot like A-Train's theory, does it not?

TAM
Old 10th November 2008, 01:07 PM   #153
9/11-investigator
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Bingham

Wikipedia refers only to 1 airphone call by Bingham to his mother, not to a cell phone call.
Old 10th November 2008, 01:18 PM   #154
Dr Adequate
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Bingham

Wikipedia refers only to 1 airphone call by Bingham to his mother, not to a cell phone call.
Not only is this irrelevant to PhantomWolf's point, but also he didn't say otherwise.

The question is, how did they fake the call when they couldn't have known until the very last moment that he was on the flight? This question stands whether it was a cellphone or an airphone.
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 01:26 PM   #155
9/11-investigator
Banned

http://www.ufowijzer.nl/tekstpagina/911DRGriffin1.html

Dutch site that has an interview with David Ray Grifin:

"Maar spraken ze werkelijk met andere mensen. Als je de transcripties leest die ons zijn verschaft, dan lijkt het niet alsof ze een interactief gesprek voeren, het zijn allemaal éénrichting dingen die iedereen kan hebben gezegd, het is meer zoals: “Hallo mam, we zitten achterin het vliegtuig, we maken ons klaar om iets te gaan doen, ik moet nu ophangen, dag.” Ze hadden geen gesprekken waaruit blijkt dat ze echt met hun zoon, man of vrouw spraken. En we hebben een heel goed bewijs dat dat zeker niet het geval is met het bekende geval van Mark Bingham, die zegt: “Hallo mam, dit is Mark Bingham.” Wie heeft ooit met zijn moeder gesproken en daarbij zijn achternaam genoemd? Dat is zo absurd!"

Translation: but did they really speak with other people? If you read the transcripts that have been given to us then it seams that they are not having an interactive conversation. It is all a onewaystreet conversation of things that anybody could have said. It is like: hello Mum, we are in the back of the plane and now we prepare to do something; I have to hang up. Bye! They did not have conversations from which it becomes apparent that they are talking with a son, father or mother. And we have very good evidence that this is certainly not so in the well known case of Mark Bingham who said: "hello this is Mark Bingham". Who ever called his mother and used his lastname? That's so absurd.

Griffin suggests that this call was fake. That is, if the call was made, it was not by Bingham himself.

OK. This does not address the point that was raised about the delay. Just collecting facts.
Old 10th November 2008, 01:30 PM   #156
Sparky
Critical Thinker

Until this day Washington is not ruling out the 'use of force' against countries like Iran and Syria.
Washington will do nothing to either of those countries unless there is a provocation.

Quote:
Lust for conquest, just like the Attila the Hun, the Bolsheviks, Alexander, Caesar, Hitler. Why does the US need to spend more on 'defense' than the rest of the world combined? The US might be tempted to get some return on investment for all this military spending.
I'm under the impression that you believe that this war is profitable to the US. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The Iraq conflict has been a tremendous money pit that we can't continue throwing money down. This "lust for conquest" is unaffordable. And I resent being tarred with the imperialist barbarian label.

Quote:
Now maybe, with the economy in tatters and worse to come (Americas automobile industry is on the verge of collapse). But not in 2003. Bush could do anything back then. Even invade France ('chees-eating surrender monkeys'; Oh how right these 'monkeys' were).
There is nothing the French have that we want. You have a hyperinflated notion of Bush's image and approval ratings.
Sparky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 01:42 PM   #157
9/11-investigator
Banned

At any rate, it was indeed one of these one-way conversations with no intimate knowledge necessary of the relationship of the callers.

"'Mom, this is Mark Bingham. I just want to tell you that I love you. I am on a flight from Newark to San Francisco. There are three guys on board who have taken over the plane and they say they have a bomb. You believe me don't you, Mom? I'm calling you from the air phone.' And then we were disconnected," Hoaglan said, her voice breaking.

But, the mother acknowledged that it was his voice indeed.
Old 10th November 2008, 01:42 PM   #158
Heiwa
Banned

[quote=Pi_314;4191059]You're doing a great job there 911 Invstigator. Keep up the good work !

[quote]

I agree. I made a post # 24 about it that ended up at http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=128518 .
Heiwa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 01:44 PM   #159
lapman
Graduate Poster

Here is the sentence again: Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.

You claim that from your understanding of English it is obvious that the last thing they wanted was a New Pearl Harbor.

Now here we have a group of plotters and schemers who plan for world domination no less and our friend Hokulele wants to turn these modern day trozkyites into a bunch of mother Theresa sissies?

Give me a break!
Wow. A massive lack of comprehension on your part. Do you understand that the "revolutionary change" called for in the document did not happen with 9/11? Do you even have any inkling of what that means?
They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2008, 01:44 PM   #160
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Right, here we go again. First, here is that sentence in context.

Originally Posted by PNAC
Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor. Domestic politics and industrial policy will shape the pace and content of transformation as much as the requirements of current missions. A decision to suspend or terminate aircraft carrier production, as recommended by this report and as justified by the clear direction of military technology, will cause great upheaval. Likewise, systems entering production today – the F-22 fighter, for example – will be in service inventories for decades to come. Wise management of this process will consist in large measure of figuring out the right moments to halt production of current-paradigm weapons and shift to radically new designs. The expense associated with some programs can make them roadblocks to the larger process of transformation – the Joint Strike Fighter program, at a total of approximately $200 billion, seems an unwise investment. Thus, this report advocates a two-stage process of change – transition and transformation – over the coming decades.

Source.

I have bolded the key phase. Clearly they were looking for a long-term strategy of gradual change (hint, over the coming decades). A transformational event, like Pearl Harbor, is a disaster in many meanings of the word.

Quote:

Um, how exactly did you get that out of my posts? Odd.

Quote:
Give me a break!

No. If you lie, repeat lies, and cherry-pick documents, you do not deserve any kind of a break.

I challenge you to read the entire document I just linked and demonstrate where exactly they state that a "New Pearl Harbor" is good for their plans.

Last edited by Hokulele; 10th November 2008 at 01:46 PM.
Hokulele is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories