ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th November 2017, 04:40 AM   #41
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
What seems odd? I'm sure both men can afford very good lawyers, and those lawyers are probably telling them to say as little as possible in public and let the lawyers handle it. There will be a criminal case, but probably also a lawsuit, so that's probably why he doesn't want to say too much about it.
Yea best to let breitbart do all the speaking for him.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 10:27 AM   #42
ddt
Mafia Penguin

The Senator is returning to work although he is apparently still in a good deal of pain, and still reluctant to shed any light on what it was all about:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ra...rticle/2640560
Paul's claim that he hasn't spoken to his neighbor in over a decade is very odd. Even though the houses are quite apart, you'd expect there to be some casual contact between neighbors. It strongly suggests that over a decade ago, something happened which made them fall out with each other.

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 10:32 AM   #43
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ddt View Post
Paul's claim that he hasn't spoken to his neighbor in over a decade is very odd. Even though the houses are quite apart, you'd expect there to be some casual contact between neighbors. It strongly suggests that over a decade ago, something happened which made them fall out with each other.
Rand Paul has kept his yard unkempt for a decade!!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 01:11 PM   #44
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Rand Paul has kept his yard unkempt for a decade!!
He's hired Boris Johnson as his gardener?

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 02:00 PM   #45
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Well yeah, he's a Senator. He ran for President. That's not a reason for someone to attack him.
Losing the Republican nomination is, though.
Old 14th November 2017, 03:23 PM   #46
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I believe the center house here may be Senator Paul's. Don't know which neighbor.
CNN has a video with an aerial view of both houses:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/06/po...ney/index.html

Paul's house might be across the street from there, but I'm not 100% sure.
Ok, thanks, I appear to have got the wrong house. If you follow my link and zoom out, his is two houses to the right/east. Lawn looks pretty bad in that shot!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics