ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , koran

Reply
Old 19th October 2017, 04:35 PM   #161
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
IN QURAN

the singular “day” (yewm) is mentioned 365 times

Its plural (eyyam, yewmeyn) is used 30 times

The word “a month” (shehr) is also mentioned 12 times.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2017, 05:46 PM   #162
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,521
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
IN QURAN

the singular “day” (yewm) is mentioned 365 times

Its plural (eyyam, yewmeyn) is used 30 times

The word “a month” (shehr) is also mentioned 12 times.
So? In the Lord of the Rings Frodo delivered the one ring into Mordor. Harry Potter defeated Lord Voldemort.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 02:21 AM   #163
Hungry81
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,513
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
IN QURAN

the singular “day” (yewm) is mentioned 365 times

Its plural (eyyam, yewmeyn) is used 30 times

The word “a month” (shehr) is also mentioned 12 times.
Once upon a time there were 3 bears. A big daddy bear, a medium mummy bear and a small baby bear. One morning the bears had each made a bowl of poridge and were about to sit down and eat when they realised the poridge was too hot to eat now. Since they had no milk or honey Father bear suggested they go and buy some. Father bear then went and got his coin purse. Mother bear agreed with father bear and went and got her shopping trolley. Baby bear said gaga goo goo and was put into his stroller and all three left to go to the shops.

End part 1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Hungry81; 20th October 2017 at 02:23 AM.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 02:26 AM   #164
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,250
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
IN QURAN

the singular “day” (yewm) is mentioned 365 times

Its plural (eyyam, yewmeyn) is used 30 times

The word “a month” (shehr) is also mentioned 12 times.
Wow, thanks for proving that Islam is false.
The lunar calendar that Islam uses does not have 365 days but 354 or 355, and only half the months have 30 days.

You are claiming that the Quran proves that the Christian calendar is correct.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 08:36 AM   #165
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,521
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Wow, thanks for proving that Islam is false.
The lunar calendar that Islam uses does not have 365 days but 354 or 355, and only half the months have 30 days.

You are claiming that the Quran proves that the Christian calendar is correct.
Funny isn't is?

I was arguing with a religious person the other day, me being an atheist and it was getting a little heated.

Getting angry with me he said that I was like a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that wasn't there.

My response was that we had a lot in common and that he too was like a blind man in a dark room seeking a black cat that also wasn't there.

The difference being is that he insists.............
he found the cat.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 10:28 AM   #166
CriticalThanking
Designated Hitter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: On in memory
Posts: 3,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Jesus did not condone the Torah's law of stoning adulterers. He stopped a stoning by telling those without sin to cast the first stone.
At which point Mary threw a giant boulder and killed the sinner. Jesus then said "Mom, sometimes you really tick me off."

Everyone with a sense of humor really needs to read the Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff by Christopher Moore.
CriticalThanking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 10:40 AM   #167
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
The lunar calendar that Islam uses does not have 365 days but 354 or 355, and only half the months have 30 days.

.
No, not Islam, but those who call themselves Muslims have used the lunar calendar. True Islam is only in the Qur'an.

And other example Stoning and circumcision is a Jewish tradition and is completely non-Islamic:

http://quranic.org/rajm-stoning-to-death/

And The headscarf is also out of Islam (headscarf from Christianity and judaism).

Regards

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 20th October 2017 at 10:46 AM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 10:50 AM   #168
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
No, not Islam, but those who call themselves Muslims have used the lunar calendar. True Islam is only in the Qur'an.

And other example Stoning and circumcision is a Jewish tradition and is completely non-Islamic:

http://quranic.org/rajm-stoning-to-death/

And The headscarf is also out of Islam (headscarf from Christianity and judaism).

Regards
No wonder you reject the hadiths. There is a reputable hadith which says Muhammad ordered a stoning.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 11:44 AM   #169
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
No wonder you reject the hadiths.
Hadiths are lie, gossip and slander.

Gossip is not a source of religion.

Only God's word is a source of religion.

Only the Qur'an offers true religion.

And the real life stories of the prophets are only in the Qur'an.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 11:47 AM   #170
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,670
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
IN QURAN

the singular “day” (yewm) is mentioned 365 times

Its plural (eyyam, yewmeyn) is used 30 times

The word “a month” (shehr) is also mentioned 12 times.
What's your point?
__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:05 PM   #171
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,886
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
No, not Islam, but those who call themselves Muslims have used the lunar calendar. True Islam is only in the Qur'an.

And other example Stoning and circumcision is a Jewish tradition and is completely non-Islamic:

http://quranic.org/rajm-stoning-to-death/

And The headscarf is also out of Islam (headscarf from Christianity and judaism).

Regards
You spend all of your time rules lawyering, yet not once have you demonstrated the existence of allah. Why is that?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:30 PM   #172
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Hadiths are lie, gossip and slander.

Gossip is not a source of religion.

Only God's word is a source of religion.

Only the Qur'an offers true religion.

And the real life stories of the prophets are only in the Qur'an.
See my thread, 'what the Quran really says'

I have shown a number of reasons why it cannot be the words of God.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:42 PM   #173
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Emre, see post 93 on my thread ' what the Quran really says' Here is the opening.

The story in the quran concerning Jesus childhood, about an incident where he makes a clay bird and brings it to life is not a part of the Christian bible, and the original texts are considered apocryphal. They are regarded by Christian scholars as having been written in around 150AD, as propaganda by the early Christians, attempting to fill in the missing years of Jesus life.

Dear Emre, please explain how this story got into the Quran.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:44 PM   #174
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,886
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
See my thread, 'what the Quran really says'

I have shown a number of reasons why it cannot be the words of God.
That's true. Where might we find any words of any god?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:44 PM   #175
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
See my thread, 'what the Quran really says'

I have shown a number of reasons why it cannot be the words of God.
I have repeatedly responded to this nonsense of you Christian missionaries in Turkish forums. They were always silent, but they did not give up their religion because of their salary.

But example, now they know that in the Qur'an, both the Earth and the universes are geoid. Not flat.

And they now know that the Koran offers a multi-universe model.

You can now read your my Turkish texts with using translation sites.

Peace

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 20th October 2017 at 12:55 PM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:53 PM   #176
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
What's your point?
Look at with other examples and you say:

http://www.quranmiracles.com/category/mathematics/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:54 PM   #177
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Oh! and here are some of the words of your insane, sadistic, monster God in the Quran.


4.56 Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as
their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may
taste the penalty: for God is Exalted in Power, Wise.


22.19 These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those
who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads
will be poured out boiling water.
22.20 With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.
22.21 In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.
22.22 Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be
forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!"


40.70 Those who deny the scripture and that wherewith we send our messengers.
But they will come to know.
40.71 When yokes are about their necks and chains, they are dragged.
40.72 Through boiling waters; then they are thrust into the fire.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:56 PM   #178
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
That's true. Where might we find any words of any god?
Lets not debate that here, lets just agree on something for once.

The Quran is not the words of God.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 01:09 PM   #179
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,886
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
So? In the Lord of the Rings Frodo delivered the one ring into Mordor. Harry Potter defeated Lord Voldemort.
Oh it gets much worse that that. Frodo may have transported the ring, but he claimed it for his very own, and according to odd Potter crankery Harry is Voldemort.

And this fanboy nonsense is exactly why all of those crank denominations of god botherers even exist in the first place.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 01:37 PM   #180
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Quran 36.38 says the sun runs to a resting place/ stops

Pickthall And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
Sahih Intl And the sun runs [on course] toward its stopping point. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.
Yusuf Ali And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 01:47 PM   #181
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
More translations of Quran 36.38

Sahih International: And the sun runs [on course] toward its stopping point. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

Pickthall: And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.

Yusuf Ali: And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.

Shakir: And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.

Muhammad Sarwar: how the sun moves in its orbit and this is the decree of the Majestic and All-knowing God;

Mohsin Khan: And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

Arberry: And the sun -- it runs to a fixed resting-place; that is the ordaining of the All-mighty, the All-knowing.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 01:51 PM   #182
Thor 2
Master Poster
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 2,941
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
That's true. Where might we find any words of any god?

Burning bushes on mountains are supposed to be a reliable source.

Back in the Christian OT God would hardly shut up. Then he went thru a stage were he only spoke to prophets and so on. Today he doesn't speak to anyone - not even his number one man .... the Pope.

According to Islam God spoke to Mohamed big time ..... but to no-one else? Help us out here Emre .........

Mind you there are many who say God speaks to them but it's hard to check the veracity of these claims.

It's interesting that so many are prepared to accept without question the words of God from 1000, 2000, 3000 or so years ago, but if some dude today claims God is talking to him he is regarded as deranged.
__________________
There are billions of gods. One or more in the mind of every theist.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 01:55 PM   #183
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Forty translations of verse 36.38

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/36/38/default.htm
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 02:01 PM   #184
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,077
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post

And the real life stories of the prophets are only in the Qur'an.
In case you have not noticed, the Qurans references to the bible prophets are just that. They largely only mention the names. Its called name dropping to make you sound important by association with famous names.

But the Qurans references to bible characters have very little narrative, and detail. The bible, by comparison is lucid and clear, and has lengthy stories about the various prophets.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 02:18 PM   #185
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,670
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Look at with other examples and you say:

http://www.quranmiracles.com/category/mathematics/
That's a link, not a point.
__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 02:26 PM   #186
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,521
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Oh it gets much worse that that. Frodo may have transported the ring, but he claimed it for his very own, and according to odd Potter crankery Harry is Voldemort.

And this fanboy nonsense is exactly why all of those crank denominations of god botherers even exist in the first place.
Emre just posted how the Christians were silent in the Turkish forums. Well yeah, of course they are silent. They think Emre is batcrap crazy and he's preaching nonsense.

What I don't understand is just how deluded someone has to be to believe all this nonsense. Not just Islam, but every religion. Not a one of them makes any sense at all or has any evidence of any merit that their god is God. Not a one.

What makes them think that Thor's hammer creating thunder is silly, but Mohamed ascending to the heavens on a winged horse is real? Or God descending from the heavens to make a Jewish girl pregnant not just with child but God himself. Or that the greatest being in the universe needs human blood? What is god, a vampire? And Jesus is a zombie?

You would think smart intelligent humans by this point in their evolution could spot insanity when they heard it instead of joining in.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 20th October 2017 at 03:24 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 03:23 PM   #187
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,250
Let's all pray to Vishnu to make sure that old Zeus doesn't come back as a swan to rape girls.
We need those girls for our blood sacrifice to Huitzilopochtli, or the sun won't come up.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 03:33 PM   #188
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,521
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Let's all pray to Vishnu to make sure that old Zeus doesn't come back as a swan to rape girls.
We need those girls for our blood sacrifice to Huitzilopochtli, or the sun won't come up.
Im sorry, but those gods aren't real.

Everyone knows that Wotan who rides his flying 8 legged steed Sleipner across the sky stabbing infidels with his great spear Gungnir is actually God. Divinity resides with him.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 20th October 2017 at 03:45 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 04:24 PM   #189
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post


4.56 Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as
their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may
taste the penalty: for God is Exalted in Power, Wise.


22.19 These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those
who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads
will be poured out boiling water.
22.20 With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.
22.21 In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.
22.22 Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be
forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!"


40.70 Those who deny the scripture and that wherewith we send our messengers.
But they will come to know.
40.71 When yokes are about their necks and chains, they are dragged.
40.72 Through boiling waters; then they are thrust into the fire.
Like the reward of the good, the punishment of evil is the result of his (Allah's) mercy, goodness and perfection.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 04:27 PM   #190
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Quran 36.38 says the sun runs to a resting place/ stops

Pickthall And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
Sahih Intl And the sun runs [on course] toward its stopping point. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.
Yusuf Ali And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing
38- And the Sun moves on to its destination.
That is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knower.
(36- Ya-Seen, 38)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...o-moves-along/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 04:34 PM   #191
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Burning bushes on mountains are supposed to be a reliable source.

Back in the Christian OT God would hardly shut up. Then he went thru a stage were he only spoke to prophets and so on. Today he doesn't speak to anyone - not even his number one man .... the Pope.

According to Islam God spoke to Mohamed big time ..... but to no-one else? Help us out here Emre .........

Mind you there are many who say God speaks to them but it's hard to check the veracity of these claims.

It's interesting that so many are prepared to accept without question the words of God from 1000, 2000, 3000 or so years ago, but if some dude today claims God is talking to him he is regarded as deranged.
The evidence, the verses inside and outside, show us the truth. The superstitions are forbidden. You are only asked to believe in evidence-based real information.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 04:40 PM   #192
Thor 2
Master Poster
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 2,941
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
The evidence, the verses inside and outside, show us the truth. The superstitions are forbidden. You are only asked to believe in evidence-based real information.
But I was asking about who God/Allah talks to. According to your your beliefs did he only speak to Mohamed?
__________________
There are billions of gods. One or more in the mind of every theist.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 04:50 PM   #193
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,521
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
The evidence, the verses inside and outside, show us the truth. The superstitions are forbidden. You are only asked to believe in evidence-based real information.
No. It doesn't. Evidence of a god does not come from writings in a book or personal revelation. If I told you my friend Mork had performed many miracles and he was the true prophet of God and it's in this book. He has changed many lives including mine. You wouldn't believe me.

Why? Because there is no evidence of it. So why would you believe it if it was written in a thousand year old book?
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 04:57 PM   #194
Thor 2
Master Poster
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 2,941
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Like the reward of the good, the punishment of evil is the result of his (Allah's) mercy, goodness and perfection.

You have to admit Scorpion has a point there about the extreme brutality described. Interesting bit of detail about the replacement of burnt skin. I have often wondered about the durability of a body being able to sustain that continual burning. We don't get that sort of detail addressed in the Christian NT.

Interesting that the mention of the place of eternal punishment only gets up in the Koran and in the New Testament and not in the Old Testament. I assume Muslims do recognise the OT to some degree. The God/Allah that Muslims worship is the God of Abraham is he not?
__________________
There are billions of gods. One or more in the mind of every theist.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 05:36 PM   #195
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
But I was asking about who God/Allah talks to. According to your your beliefs did he only speak to Mohamed?
You look at the Qur'an and decide.

Evidence and reason show you what is right.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 05:45 PM   #196
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,521
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
You look at the Qur'an and decide.

Evidence and reason show you what is right.
I have. It is bull feces.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 05:51 PM   #197
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,886
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Burning bushes on mountains are supposed to be a reliable source.

Back in the Christian OT God would hardly shut up. Then he went thru a stage were he only spoke to prophets and so on. Today he doesn't speak to anyone - not even his number one man .... the Pope.
Well, god also demand piles of severed foreskins. To be fair, there is only so much expandable luggage one could make out of that or even need. Unlike wives, god's wardrobe must be limited. How many piles of 400 foreskins have you seen lately?


Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
According to Islam God spoke to Mohamed big time ..... but to no-one else? Help us out here Emre .........
But wait, islam has 1.2 billion followers, it must be true.

Odd how it is never presented as the second most behind christianity. Apparently, god created the perfect religion to be second. Because god.

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Mind you there are many who say God speaks to them but it's hard to check the veracity of these claims.
Or is it? Harold Camping springs to mind.

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
It's interesting that so many are prepared to accept without question the words of God from 1000, 2000, 3000 or so years ago, but if some dude today claims God is talking to him he is regarded as deranged.
Hmmm. I can't quite work out the problem. Nah. They can't work it out and it shows.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 05:51 PM   #198
Emre_1974tr
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post

Interesting that the mention of the place of eternal punishment only gets up in the Koran and in the New Testament and not in the Old Testament. I assume Muslims do recognise the OT to some degree. The God/Allah that Muslims worship is the God of Abraham is he not?
1- I said Like the reward of the good, the punishment of evil/bad men is the result of his (Allah's) mercy, goodness and perfection.

2- According to the Qur'an, Paradise is endless. But hell can be the end because there are expressions that make you think.

3- There is no true and complete Torah. Your Old and New Testements are like hadith books. Not Real Torah or Bible.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 05:58 PM   #199
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,797
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
1- I said Like the reward of the good, the punishment of evil/bad men is the result of his (Allah's) mercy, goodness and perfection.

2- According to the Qur'an, Paradise is endless. But hell can be the end because there are expressions that make you think.

3- There is no true and complete Torah. Your Old and New Testements are like hadith books. Not Real Torah or Bible.
So your book says. Momo was a liar, fraud, insane or some combination thereof.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 05:59 PM   #200
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,797
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
The evidence, the verses inside and outside, show us the truth. The superstitions are forbidden. You are only asked to believe in evidence-based real information.
No, you're asked to believe the ratings of a corrupt Bedouin.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.