IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th May 2016, 06:48 PM   #81
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
This was the usual dog & pony show AE puts on... same old same old... wrong and boring.
I thought it was a flea circus it left me scratching my head saying are these people actually that stupid?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2016, 07:38 AM   #82
JSanderO
Illuminator

They have nothing new to add. They don't really do any "research" in the sense to model a building collapse, or those buildings collapsing. They seem to think they couldn't collapse!

They spend all then "energy" on falsely (waste of time) attacking the work of NIST.

Even if NIST was wrong in the location... unfought fires can and in these cases cause the collapses. They will not accept this concept.

They are aiming their pitch at people are easily swayed because they have little to know technical understanding about structure and those structures. Their approach turns it into a cartoon like anything can happen approach.

It's amazing how many people have been taken in by this. And many are not unintelligent. I suspect confirmation bias clouds rational thinking.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2016, 08:42 AM   #83
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
I missed the webinar. Did Tony bring up preventing the penthouse flying off the top of WTC7? How about dust putting out fire? I'm sure there are other Tony classics that could have been brought in also.
Watching it right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFEMi617B6Q
The "Discussion Topics" around 2:00 include:
"East penthouse collapse as a separate and distinct event"

The dust issue is not listed there.
Old 15th May 2016, 09:07 AM   #84
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

OMG, at 17:30 he shows Figure 12-69 of the draft of NCSTAR 1-9 (12-70 in the final report) - the simulation of the final 47 story collapse model that NIST did without the initial structural from the WTC1 debris impacts; which consequently doesn't look much like the real collapse.

I am sure we have told Tony and other truthers many many times over the past 7 years that this is the WRONG model to show - that he ought to present Figure 12-73 of the final report instead.
I must call that deliberate, flat-out deception. Tony is most plainly lying here.
Old 15th May 2016, 09:17 AM   #85
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post

I am sure we have told Tony and other truthers many many times over the past 7 years that this is the WRONG model to show - that he ought to present Figure 12-73 of the final report instead.
I must call that deliberate, flat-out deception. Tony is most plainly lying here.
Tonys' in marketing. You can't expect total truth if your going to sell your product...............

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 15th May 2016 at 09:19 AM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2016, 11:07 AM   #86
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Starting at 26:44, he presents results from an analysis he did of a work of Prof. Guy Nordenson, who was retained as an expert witness in the lawsuit ConEdison et al vs. Silverstein and the companies that built WTC7.

In short, Nordenson computed how a failing 79-44 girder and the resulting fall of the floor section it bore would impact the floor below. He found that the dynamic load would be far greater than the capacity of the girder seat on the floor below. This would start a cascade of floor failures several floors down - triggering total collapse.
Tony found that Nordenson's model treats the load as a point load, which in effect would have infinite stiffness, while in reality, the falling floor section has some flexibility and would deflect on impact, lowering the impact force. He modelled the steel parts of the floor assembly, FEA gave him the natural frequency of it, and from there, stiffness can be computed, and with that the resulting impact force. His result: Seat capacity would be about 3 times that force - the connection would not break, collapse arrests.

We (Tony vs. myself mostly, with ozeco, JSO and others weighing in) have been discussing this over at Metabunk:
https://www.metabunk.org/does-the-ex...nything.t7185/

Around page 5, our understanding converges, and we agree that by adding the falling girder's stiffness and resulting energy dissipation, Nordenson's result would have to be corrected nearer towards a conclusion "collapse might be arrested (or not)".

In Post #200 of that Metabunk thread, Tony presents the FEA results he also presents in the Webinar.
Unfortunately, it seems that this FEA hasn't undergone a critical review - we have to believe that Tony did it right.

I think Tony ought not present this part as proven fact - he should submit the work to peer review.
Old 15th May 2016, 05:52 PM   #87
JSanderO
Illuminator

Tony has been wrong about the FOS of the steel I believe. The facade steel definitely used different grades of steel. The core likely none of the really high strength grades. The face used it because the column size was constrained... not so with the core columns. FOS is based on loads... local loads or aggregate/averaged loads... and sum of all column cross sections.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 04:17 AM   #88
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Tony has been wrong about the FOS of the steel I believe. The facade steel definitely used different grades of steel. The core likely none of the really high strength grades. The face used it because the column size was constrained... not so with the core columns. FOS is based on loads... local loads or aggregate/averaged loads... and sum of all column cross sections.
Tony' Webinar is hilarious, but right now I have real engineering problems to deal with
Such as defective aftermarket, bull dozer gator link bolts . Can any one point out the problem or do you think I need Tony's expert advice on this one?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 04:45 AM   #89
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Can any one point out the problem or do you think I need Tony's expert advice on this one?
Looks pretty clear to me. The red residue in the threads of the broken bolt looks like iron oxide, and we all know that the only possible reason to find iron oxide in the vicinity of corroded steel is because it's been in contact with thermite. Add to that the white residue on the fractured surface, which can be seen by even a casual observer to be aluminium oxide from reacted thermite, and it's totally obvious that this bolt has been sabotaged by a high precision, military grade thermite shaped charge.

Dave

ETA: The apparent narrowing of the third bolt is clearly an optical illusion caused by atmospheric refraction, and in the absence of time-stamped videos to back up the pictures there is no plausible evidence that the other bolts have not fractured in exactly the same way. They have clearly been Photoshopped to resemble intact bolts using the WESCAM system.

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 16th May 2016 at 04:49 AM.
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 05:25 AM   #90
NoahFence
Banned

Tony' Webinar is hilarious, but right now I have real engineering problems to deal with
Such as defective aftermarket, bull dozer gator link bolts . Can any one point out the problem or do you think I need Tony's expert advice on this one?http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...psju4xfxxw.jpg
They're aren't functional in that capacity. You've got them (it appears) on a deck or a railing. They need to go in the bulldozer.

The 4th one that is split looks like it's missing duct tape.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 08:17 AM   #91
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
They're aren't functional in that capacity. You've got them (it appears) on a deck or a railing. They need to go in the bulldozer.

The 4th one that is split looks like it's missing duct tape.
Oh I thought some super glue or Epoxy would work, the duct tape it.

Maybe now that Tony is back I should get his opinion on it?
Old 17th May 2016, 09:26 AM   #92
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Oh I thought some super glue or Epoxy would work, the duct tape it.

Maybe now that Tony is back I should get his opinion on it?
Szamboti has an account here?

What about those other 2 Money collectors, Cole & Gage?

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 09:31 AM   #93
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Szamboti has an account here?

What about those other 2 Money collectors, Cole & Gage?
Yes Tony is a member, Cole and Gage would never come here, Tony has been arguing building 7 for years.
Old 17th May 2016, 10:34 AM   #94
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Yes Tony is a member, Cole and Gage would never come here, Tony has been arguing building 7 for years.
So much time being wasted on woo...

...oh wait, this is his job. My mistake.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 10:39 AM   #95
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
So much time being wasted on woo...

...oh wait, this is his job. My mistake.
The only Job he is qualified for.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories