IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th May 2016, 02:49 AM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

A fire in Windsor, Ontario

I am dumping these news reports, videos and photos of a fire in Windsor, Ontario several days ago for possible exploitation:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/w...rage-1.3596341 (contains drone video)
http://windsorstar.com/news/local-ne...-and-auto-shop
http://windsorite.ca/2016/05/photos-...pts-in-flames/
http://windsorite.ca/2016/05/investi...ria-day-blaze/
Photos from inside by Larry Leeder

Of possible interest:
- Steel trusses deformed and sagged
- Wall collapsed, apparently after having been pulled inside by sagging roof trusses
- There were reports of explosions during the fire - possibly from blown tyres and cans in the car shop
- Some tyres didn't burn
- Colors of smoke
Old 26th May 2016, 06:19 AM   #2
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

There are ISF members from places not too far from Windsor. Detroit, USA is right accross the river from Windsor.

BUMP for members who might be able to post after fire pictures.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2016, 06:50 AM   #3
MileHighMadness
Muse

Nano-thermite?
Old 26th May 2016, 07:20 AM   #4
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
There are ISF members from places not too far from Windsor. Detroit, USA is right accross the river from Windsor.

BUMP for members who might be able to post after fire pictures.
This Larry Leeder whose after fire photos on Facebook I linked to lives in Windsor, only minutes away. He took those photos himself and could snap more if anyone has a good idea of what would be interesting to see.
Old 26th May 2016, 10:56 AM   #5
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
This Larry Leeder whose after fire photos on Facebook I linked to lives in Windsor, only minutes away. He took those photos himself and could snap more if anyone has a good idea of what would be interesting to see.
Molten steel. I wanna see molten steel!!!

Is the fire still smoldering in the rubble pile?
Old 26th May 2016, 11:16 AM   #6
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

I wanna see some thermite!
Old 26th May 2016, 04:37 PM   #7
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Looks like we had some steel failure in the fire. Is that a steel truss I see?

There was also an erroneous report about this, a fire involving two buildings, and where nobody died. But aren't erroneous reports supposed to proof "inside jobby", or something? Paging Jane Standley!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steel Failure Windsor Ontario Fire.jpg (157.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Winsor Fire Correction.jpg (71.6 KB, 5 views)
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2016, 06:40 PM   #8
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post

There was also an erroneous report about this, a fire involving two buildings, and where nobody died. But aren't erroneous reports supposed to proof "inside jobby", or something? Paging Jane Standley!
OMG the media is lying!!!!!! ELEVENTY!!!!!
Old 26th May 2016, 08:18 PM   #9
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Did it fall in its own footprint?
Old 26th May 2016, 08:54 PM   #10
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Yes indeed. Firefighting strategy 101: the building is your enemy; know your enemy. Expansion from fire heating can cause the truss to buckle relatively quickly and pull the wall in at the roofline, which looks like the case here. This article, for example, talks about some of the salient points, and this one gives more details of their construction.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2016, 04:47 AM   #11
pgimeno
Illuminator

You canooks wanted to steal our thunder with "Windsor fire" google searches, huh?
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2016, 02:11 PM   #12
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
You canooks wanted to steal our thunder with "Windsor fire" google searches, huh?
The Spanish started it! When I first heard of the "Windsor" fire, I wondered if it was in Windsor, Canada, or Windsor Castle in England. Where do the southern Europeans get off using a Brit name?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2016, 11:23 AM   #13
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

That's me, long-time member here.
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2016, 11:51 AM   #14
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

I just uploaded some pix to my profile album.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...p?albumid=1297
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2016, 11:52 AM   #15
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
Did it fall in its own footprint?
Yep!-
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories