IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11

Old 19th April 2016, 09:38 PM   #1041
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brian-M View Post
Whoever made the picture with the lines of equal size superimposed over it seems to be unaware of the concept of barrel distortion, a commonplace product of zoom lenses, which would make identically sized objects appear slightly different sizes within the photograph even if they're the same distance from the lens.
Yeah, I'm aware, but that's not the reason. The reason is that the spandrels for the mechanical floors were sized differently than the others.

Here's a video that considers focal length and distance, and also happens to debunk Simon Shack. Once again I was admitting error - you'll notice I am often wrong, but I'll admit it. I am also often not wrong, and I admit that too.
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove material not suited for moderated thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm62AdGbhBI

Last edited by Agatha; 20th April 2016 at 05:42 AM.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2016, 10:16 PM   #1042
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brian-M View Post
Whoever made the picture with the lines of equal size superimposed over it seems to be unaware of the concept of barrel distortion, a commonplace product of zoom lenses, which would make identically sized objects appear slightly different sizes within the photograph even if they're the same distance from the lens.
What you know about things is not what 9/11 truth followers are willing to learn. 9/11 truth followers spent zero time on research, and make it up as they go, as they plagiarize the lies from 9/11 truth.

Rational is not valid in 9/11 truth fantasy-land.
Old 20th April 2016, 11:30 AM   #1043
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
"The math" would not only be massively complicated it would also be massively varied. Loads, forces, dimensions, material properties, stresses, strains ....

"The math" would probably occupy hundreds (thousands?) of sheets of printer paper.

There is no chance on earth you'd understand it. You know this, so constantly asking to see "the math" is just your very dishonest way of denying the arguments lined up against you without having to explain why.
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Some of that has to do with the fact that it takes years of study to understand it. Your inability to grasp the higher math is not an indication of in accuracy.
Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
For those that want to see what it looks like in practice, I've uploaded a simple problem solved with FEA. This is a simple analysis of a 3 degree of freedom beam with two point loads. It is linear, and elastic.

The global stiffness matrix of my problem is 12x12. The global stiffness matrix for the analysis conducted by NIST would be in the order of 100,000x100,000. Printing that out would be a pile of useless gibberish. However the analysis conducted by NIST also goes a step further than this. My problem solves [K]{d} = {r}. Put plainly, it's the resting state of the problem (no vibration, etc). NIST solves the problem and solves the FEA problem many times per second. The output would be millions (if not billions) of pages of matrices. Asking to "see this math", as one here has demanded, is a completely ludicrous demand that anyone with a modest knowledge of FEA and engineering would know.
The essential equations are actually not excessively difficult to write out, but there are a lot of them. Just generating mass and stiffness arrays are complex in terms of number of calculations, although relatively simple in concept. All thos coupling terms...
I've doing FEA since 1977. At that time, things were pretty limited in size. 228 degrees of freedom (a mere 38 points) took hours to compute the mode shapes and run a 3 second transient event, so we often did it in stages. Now, even on a laptop or desktop, I can do that in minutes. The largest non-linear model I ever ran was 30000 dof, and it took 17 hours under static conditions
100,000 dof is only 16666 physical points (33332 if you ignore rotational dof). A million dof is doable, but if you run transient and non-linear (pretty much a necessity in analyzing failures) you are looking at thousands of iterations to get convergence, and it's going to take a very long time, even with modern "Super" computers. And billions of pages of output. You are going to store terabytes of interim and temporary data. Disk space is going to be a real problem...
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2016, 09:52 PM   #1044
yankee451
Master Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
The essential equations are actually not excessively difficult to write out, but there are a lot of them. Just generating mass and stiffness arrays are complex in terms of number of calculations, although relatively simple in concept. All thos coupling terms...
I've doing FEA since 1977. At that time, things were pretty limited in size. 228 degrees of freedom (a mere 38 points) took hours to compute the mode shapes and run a 3 second transient event, so we often did it in stages. Now, even on a laptop or desktop, I can do that in minutes. The largest non-linear model I ever ran was 30000 dof, and it took 17 hours under static conditions
100,000 dof is only 16666 physical points (33332 if you ignore rotational dof). A million dof is doable, but if you run transient and non-linear (pretty much a necessity in analyzing failures) you are looking at thousands of iterations to get convergence, and it's going to take a very long time, even with modern "Super" computers. And billions of pages of output. You are going to store terabytes of interim and temporary data. Disk space is going to be a real problem...
And don't forget that it is impossible to prove a lie, even with math which may be why no one has done it, not Wierzbicki, Bazant et al, MIT, Purdue, NIST - no one. They all threw in the towel at accurate calculations of the interaction of the wings with the walls. I'm betting it's because of the shape of the exterior wall columns and the way a swept-back wing of a 767 would strike them sequentially, one sharp corner at a time. When you think about it it must have been a daunting task to put a shine on that turd, so its no wonder why they tossed up their hands in despair at the thought of using math to back up the official story that a mostly hollow aluminum jet cut through a steel skyscraper like a hot knife through butter.

yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2016, 04:26 AM   #1045
JSanderO
Illuminator

The mostly hollow jet was not what cut through the steel... it was the dense concentrations of mass... metal structure, engines, landing assemblies, fuel in tanks...

Even the fully load with fuel tanks weighed tens of tons... and traveling at 400+ mph that would mess up wtc steel columns up there easy peasy.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2016, 08:04 AM   #1046
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
The mostly hollow jet was not what cut through the steel... it was the dense concentrations of mass... metal structure, engines, landing assemblies, fuel in tanks...

Even the fully load with fuel tanks weighed tens of tons... and traveling at 400+ mph that would mess up wtc steel columns up there easy peasy.
A jet is just the sum of it's parts. It is not one solid mass and should not be calculated as such. If you do then you need to calculate the mass of the entire building too. But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your calculations are accurate. How much mass would you say the wing tip had after it was no longer connected to the jet?

Old 22nd April 2016, 04:02 PM   #1047
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

If you want to get technical, the columns were not "cut", as with a saw blade; they were bent and broken, smashed through with the force of concentrated mass moving at high speed. Notice how the hole is not a perfect cutout of a 767, but it has ragged edges where steel was bent and pulled as the aircraft forced its way through.
Old 25th April 2016, 10:12 AM   #1048
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
A jet is just the sum of it's parts. It is not one solid mass and should not be calculated as such. If you do then you need to calculate the mass of the entire building too. But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your calculations are accurate. How much mass would you say the wing tip had after it was no longer connected to the jet?

http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...05/inside1.jpg
Finite Element Analysis. Much more accurate when performed on a computer with actual numbers rather than by guesstimate and goatee with a meat-based CPU and OS. When FEA has been performed (by several different researchers asking several different questions over the years) it has been found that only a quarter to a third of the KE available in the aircraft mass is scrubbed by penetrating the exterior of the WTC. The rest of the energy dumps into the core flexing the entire building in the direction of impact, which then oscillates for several minutes.

Mass of individual pieces is irrelevant. Instantaneous deceleration of a single bolt from 500 mph to 1mph in an entire second (longer than the amount would apply ~23g of force on both components, the bolt and whatever it hits. (These values are the best I could put into a simple online g calc applet I could find online that runs on a iPad - if pursuaded I could MAYBE be talked into crunching more accurate numbers with excel on a laptop. I doubt the effort would have any return on investment, though).

With the numbers for bolt weight and size (surface area presented to target, working out to PSI applied by impactor to target), and various strengths and resiliences of a piece of steel, we could find out if a bolt decelerating from 500mph to zero in a fraction of a second (significantly greater than 22g, by an order of magnitude) would bounce off the metal, deform it before stopping, or penetrate completely.

But making wild arm-swinging guesses
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2016, 08:55 AM   #1049
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by thedopefishlives View Post
If you want to get technical, the columns were not "cut", as with a saw blade; they were bent and broken, smashed through with the force of concentrated mass moving at high speed. Notice how the hole is not a perfect cutout of a 767, but it has ragged edges where steel was bent and pulled as the aircraft forced its way through.
The wing tip though, according to the official story it took the mass of the fuel to bash through but that the wing was destroyed simultaneously. That would mean that by the time the engines had penetrated the walls, the wing tips would no longer be connected to the plane. So we have a wing tip that is arguably not as massive nor constructed of material as dense as what it was impacting, nor having the benefit of the mass of the plane or jet fuel still able to bust through the steel? If that was the case the damage should reflect it. But it doesn't.
Old 27th January 2018, 07:40 PM   #1050
yankee451
Master Poster

Taboo Truths: The Missiles of 9/11

I’m hearing a lot about fake news these days, that we need to beware of fake news on the Internet.

The irony is bitter because this warning is coming from the masters of fake news, the media outlets like CBS, ABC, NBC, and the New York Times, the very propaganda organs that for the last 16 years or so have been looking us in the eye and telling us mostly hollow aluminum jets can bore through concrete, burrow into the ground, and sever structural steel box columns like a hot knife through butter.

All it takes is to scratch the surface of 9/11 to realize just about everything peddled about that fateful day was and is indeed, “fake” but it’s not just the authorities pushing fake news, even the 9/11 Truth Movement prefers fake truth rather than the real thing. In fact the rank and file within the truth movement seem quite content with the belief that the truth will never be known, which makes me wonder why they call it a truth movement in the first place.

In my 15-minute video “What cut the plane shaped hole” I discussed some of the evidence the truth movement ignores but in retrospect I should have named it, "What couldn't have cut the plane shaped hole?" because I focus on evidence that eliminates planes as well as planted explosives alone (and by extension "holograms") as being responsible. As a followup to that video in this post I will explore what could have caused it, but first I should note that the information referenced herein is available to anyone with Internet access; so it is disappointing to learn that nobody in the 9/11 Truth Movement has already investigated it, in fact truthers and true believers alike still treat it as if it doesn't exist. Usually, when they are confronted with this information they very quickly turn on me by questioning my motives, sanity and intelligence, but rarely do they address the evidence that leads me to my conclusions. If this was a real crime scene investigation the act of “reconstructing the crime” would be critical; every clue no matter how small would be collected and used as a basis for the formulation of a theory, but truthers don’t do that. They skip right to the theory and then look for supporting evidence, ignoring those clues that don't fit, an activity known as "cherry-picking," not "truth-seeking."

If you’re like me and just want to follow the evidence wherever it leads then the details discussed in this post can lead directly to the most likely cause and the most likely suspects. If I’m wrong then there must be a better explanation for it and I want to hear what that is, but so far the response has been silence. It is as the late Harold Pinter described how Americans react when they hear “real news” about all the atrocities committed by the USA around the world since the end of World War II:

“It never happened. Nothing ever happened. Even while it was happening it wasn’t happening. It didn’t matter. It was of no interest. The crimes of the United States have been systematic, constant, vicious, remorseless, but very few people have actually talked about them. You have to hand it to America. It has exercised a quite clinical manipulation of power worldwide while masquerading as a force for universal good. It’s a brilliant, even witty, highly successful act of hypnosis.”

It is this hypnosis that has kept the war on terror going strong with both sides so entranced that they will reject the evidence that can lead to the truth in favor of fantastical explanations straight out of Gene Roddenberry’s imagination. The truth is; no, planes can't slice steel, and no, buildings don't turn to dust in the real world. For 16 years both sides (all sides) have bent over backwards to avoid the first step in any investigation - the scene of the crime, probably partly because it makes most of the truth movement's hypotheses irrelevant, but also because of the staggering implications that accompany it.

Years ago a friend warned me that even if I discovered the truth about 9/11, no one will give a damn, a prescient prediction. Not that I'm saying I'm right, but I have done my best to keep myself honest in my investigation and although I am often wrong, I am also often not wrong. All I can say is that the fact that no one will address these clues is exactly what I would expect if I did stumble on the right path.

Fake news is everywhere but from what I can tell most people like it that way, truthers included, which is a pity. The truth may hurt but it really does set you free.

http://yankee451.com/?p=4147
Old 27th January 2018, 09:02 PM   #1051
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

study proves an aircraft can and did break the shell of the WTC

http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...05/inside1.jpg
It takes some engineering knowledge (advance math, and physics included) to understand the WTC tower's shell could stop a 707 going 180 mph. The shell was strong, and was the lateral support for the WTC to withstand hurricane force winds and remain standing. But the WTC shell can't stop a plane going 470 to 590 mph - the shell will fail the aircraft mass with enter the WTC, along with fuel, bagage, humans, and plane parts. The shell can't stop a plane going above a certain speed, it is called physics. You ignore physics and spread lies about 9/11. It is that simple, you are fake news and you don't care, and you don't know it.

https://ascelibrary.org/doi/pdf/10.1...3A10%281066%29

This study, which you can't refute, explains in detail that the aircraft can and did "cut" through the shell. The plane broke the shell. You can't use engineering to prove otherwise, your only evidence is talk, no math, no physics.

I have a copy of the study, why don't you have anything to support your claims, which amount to lies.
Old 28th January 2018, 03:21 AM   #1052
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

When I use a hot knife to cut butter, I always fire the knife at the butter at 500 mph and rely on its momentum to smash its way through. But the knife doesn't get smashed into a million fragments, so I must be doing something wrong. Because that's what "a hot knife through butter" always brings to mind, isn't it; a knife travelling at immense speed, smashing into a pat of butter and being utterly destroyed by the impact. Right?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2018, 08:03 AM   #1053
JSanderO
Illuminator

Steve...

The plane contains stored fuel and water and heavy engine and landing gear within in profile. These were traveling at high speed with enormous force.

The building it slammed into had a facade of box columns made from steel plate which was 3/8" thick. Do you think that this steel should not bend or be ripped by impact with a fuel tank weighing tens of thousands of pounds?

Did you do any calculations of the forces involved in the crash? Hint... crashes usually involve mutual destruction of the objects involved... of course depending on their physical properties.

In the cases you cited the force calculations and mechanics will describe exactly what happened... even if your uneducated mind can't comprehend this.

When someone lacks technical knowledge they see the world though the eyes of a child. Their understanding is handicapped by their ignorance.

What do you envision should have happened? The plane bounces off the tower? The plane is crushed to bits and the tower not even dented? The planes knocks the tower over?

Let us know what you think should have happened and WHY... please provide references.
Old 28th January 2018, 08:39 AM   #1054
JSanderO
Illuminator

Steve... brush up or LEARN mechanics..... statics and you will see that this makes perfect sense.

You have the technical mind of a child more or less... but you don't realize how your lack of technical knowledge leads your mind to form childlike conceptions of the physical world.

You can't know what you don't know... But people who do know can see your deficits.

You need to educate yourself. Your theories are laughable to people who actually know something about mechanics.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:35 AM   #1055
Trojan
Muse

Are we going to hear how the wing shaped holes were created by a swarm of cruise missiles striking at various angels? I always liked that story.

Trojan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2018, 07:08 AM   #1056
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Any mass with sufficient energy in it's momentum will cause deformation of a mass without sufficient energy to resist.
Even Water simple physics,
You add to that the friction heating and that the mass includes particles that are the second hardest substance known to man it is easy to see why even the wind tips penetrated the steel.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2018, 03:01 PM   #1057
yankee451
Master Poster

The plane contains stored fuel and water and heavy engine and landing gear within in profile.
Please explain how these things add density to the the wing's aluminum sheeting.
Old 3rd February 2018, 04:23 AM   #1058
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Please explain how these things add density to the the wing's aluminum sheeting.
You think that a full fuel tank and an empty fuel tank have the same density? Really?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2018, 04:50 AM   #1059
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Please explain how water jets can cut steel (you can find examples easily on YouTube).

Basically, you don't understand the concept of "impulse".
Old 3rd February 2018, 06:54 AM   #1060
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

Please explain how an island in the Pacific, 6 miles across, is different from a 6-mile across island from the sky impacting at 10-20 miles/sec. Why does the Pacific island rock not produce a tsunami and the Chicxulub asteroid rock of the same size causes a world-wide environmental catastrophe and wipes out the dinosaurs?

Next question: Why does a plane sitting on the runway not cut through steel, but a plane at 400MPH does?

Answer to both: Speed. Speed multiplies force, and as the speed goes up, the force is increased exponentially.

Try this sometime. Throw a baseball against a brick wall. The best pitcher can do this at 100MPH. Then throw the same baseball at the wall at 15 miles per second. Think the results will be the same?
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:50 AM   #1061
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
You think that a full fuel tank and an empty fuel tank have the same density? Really?
He also seems to think that the outer sheeting is what cut the columns.

Planes don't hold in the air with just outer sheeting.

pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2018, 09:57 AM   #1062
JSanderO
Illuminator

The mass/density of water... moving at 500 is like getting hit by MORE than a freight train.

As they say... do the math....
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:39 AM   #1063
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Please explain how water jets can cut steel (you can find examples easily on YouTube).

Basically, you don't understand the concept of "impulse".
Water requires specialized equipment to cut steel. Utilizing very high pressure, jeweled nozzles, and often added abrasives water jets can only cut steel as long as the integrity of the column of water is maintained (focusing its mass on a tiny point) which is accomplished by keeping the nozzle very close to the steel.

Please explain how a 767 which spreads its mass and velocity from wingtip to wingtip, is like a water jet.
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:41 AM   #1064
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
The density of the tank itself, never changes. The fuel may add mass to the wing, but not density to the aluminum. As soon as that tank is punctured, the integrity of the mass of fuel is lost.
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:52 AM   #1065
carlitos
"más divertido"

satanic panic

Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Are we going to hear how the wing shaped holes were created by a swarm of cruise missiles striking at various angels? I always liked that story.

"These are just some of the factors which, when studied in depth, show that the supposed "gravity-driven collapse" is a mere illusion to mask an intentional act so barbaric, so inhumane and morally impoverished that the fabled characteristics of Satan come to mind."
--9/11 researcher "Major Tom
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2018, 07:33 AM   #1066
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

The density of the tank itself, never changes. The fuel may add mass to the wing, but not density to the aluminum. As soon as that tank is punctured, the integrity of the mass of fuel is lost.
Does the mass of the fuel change?

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2018, 12:07 PM   #1067
threadworm
Graduate Poster

What caused the puncture?

What happened when it punctured?

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 04:32 AM   #1068
JSanderO
Illuminator

Ha.... A very thin walled balloon of water or fuel inside a plane has weight of 62.4 pounds per cubic foot
a gallon weighs 8.3 pounds

757 has 11,000 gallons of fuel full which is over 90,000 pounds.

How much destruction would approximately 90,000 pounds moving at 500mph do?

Did you ever see a video of a large wave break a boat in half?

You reveal your ignorance.
Old 6th February 2018, 04:24 PM   #1069
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sherman Bay View Post
Please explain how an island in the Pacific, 6 miles across, is different from a 6-mile across island from the sky impacting at 10-20 miles/sec. Why does the Pacific island rock not produce a tsunami and the Chicxulub asteroid rock of the same size causes a world-wide environmental catastrophe and wipes out the dinosaurs?

Next question: Why does a plane sitting on the runway not cut through steel, but a plane at 400MPH does?

Answer to both: Speed. Speed multiplies force, and as the speed goes up, the force is increased exponentially.

Try this sometime. Throw a baseball against a brick wall. The best pitcher can do this at 100MPH. Then throw the same baseball at the wall at 15 miles per second. Think the results will be the same?
How is a jet like an asteroid?

How is a baseball like a jet?
Old 6th February 2018, 05:55 PM   #1070
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

... The fuel may add mass to the wing, but not density to the aluminum.
Can you explain what you think is the significance of that observation?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2018, 12:33 PM   #1071
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

It has an irregular structure and density.

It is hollow in part.

Next.

Old 9th February 2018, 12:58 PM   #1072
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

In fact, a ping-pong ball is mostly air and can easily be crushed with one hand.

Can you explain why this happens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-zmb3jAgo

Because in your world, that is simply not possible.

Old 10th February 2018, 02:08 AM   #1073
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The aluminum oxide coating on the wing is almost as hard as diamond the frac5ured particles of aluminum on impact will combust at 2650c in air, a material in motion with a Hardness of 9 on the hardness scale will easily penitrate thin steel.
Also the wing tips most likely folded in some at the joint of the wing with the planes aluminum steel bulkhead.
After all there are pictures that show the wing tips did not penitrate the steel,
Only fractured the Aluminum outer Cladding.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2018, 01:14 PM   #1074
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
... After all there are pictures that show the wing tips did not penitrate the steel,

Only fractured the Aluminum outer Cladding.

Well that's no use to Yankee. His narrative requires the Official Story to claim the plane sliced a perfect cookie cutter plane-shape through the steel. Like a hot knife through butter. If people are going to suggest the hole was ragged and the steel wasn't neatly sliced and some steel didn't break then his whole line of argument is just going to look silly. And then where will we be?
Old 11th February 2018, 04:34 PM   #1075
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

That is the eternal question that the great philosopher Kramer addressed so eloquently:

What does one thing have to do with another?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2018, 09:34 AM   #1076
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Well that's no use to Yankee. His narrative requires the Official Story to claim the plane sliced a perfect cookie cutter plane-shape through the steel. Like a hot knife through butter. If people are going to suggest the hole was ragged and the steel wasn't neatly sliced and some steel didn't break then his whole line of argument is just going to look silly. And then where will we be?
Reality?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2018, 08:19 PM   #1077
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Water requires specialized equipment to cut steel. Utilizing very high pressure, jeweled nozzles, and often added abrasives water jets can only cut steel as long as the integrity of the column of water is maintained (focusing its mass on a tiny point) which is accomplished by keeping the nozzle very close to the steel.

Please explain how a 767 which spreads its mass and velocity from wingtip to wingtip, is like a water jet.
Aluminum oxide and momentum.
Old 14th February 2018, 08:21 PM   #1078
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

No the fuel will still travel in a forward direction.
Old 15th February 2018, 07:56 AM   #1079
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

If "integrity" of the mass of fuel is needed to break the steel, please explain how this happened:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 16th February 2018, 04:57 AM   #1080
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
If "integrity" of the mass of fuel is needed to break the steel, please explain how this happened:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
The only explanation is that the car was secretly prepped in advance to weaken its structure and hundreds of nano-scale demolition charges were placed at critical points. Did you really imagine water could crush steel, like a hot knife through butter?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories