IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11

Old 9th January 2014, 08:42 PM   #201
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Oh, well all the videos of the jet crashes where the wings snap off on impact must be wrong. Go figger.
I would appreciate you posting one, if not several,"...videos of the jet crashes where the wings snap off [sic] on impact...".
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 08:43 PM   #202
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
How fast was the leading edge of the wing of the 767 travelling when it was observed to impact the tower?
I think it's more important that he thinks it would act like a wedge.

ETA: Do you think he'd understand when we told him the wing would need to be significantly stronger(order of magnitude) than the building to do this?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 9th January 2014 at 08:53 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 08:54 PM   #203
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I know. Do you think I don't know? Do you know?
Why won't you answer the question?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 09:04 PM   #204
yankee451
Master Poster

How fast was the leading edge of the wing of the 767 travelling when it was observed to impact the tower?
You tell me, I don't think you know.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 09:05 PM   #205
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

These are only problems for people who refuse to examine the evidence honestly.
How fast was the leading edge of the wing of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower moving when it was observed to impact the tower?
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 09:07 PM   #206
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

You tell me, I don't think you know.
Your evasion is noted.

How fast was the leading edge of the wing of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower moving when it was observed to impact the tower?

How fast does all available evidence indicate that the leading edge of the wing of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower moving when it was observed to impact the tower?
Old 9th January 2014, 09:08 PM   #207
yankee451
Master Poster

I would appreciate you posting one, if not several,"...videos of the jet crashes where the wings snap off [sic] on impact...".
From the top of my dome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScszbMeAl6s

Now what was the speed of the leading edge?
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 09:09 PM   #208
yankee451
Master Poster

Your evasion is noted.

How fast does all available evidence indicate that the leading edge of the wing of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower moving when it was observed to impact the tower?
I'm assuming you don't know as you can't even specify which tower, can you be more specific?
Old 9th January 2014, 09:19 PM   #209
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
So why do you ignore the laws of physics in your work?
I don't, why do you perpetuate official lies?
Old 9th January 2014, 09:21 PM   #210
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I think it's more important that he thinks it would act like a wedge.

ETA: Do you think he'd understand when we told him the wing would need to be significantly stronger(order of magnitude) than the building to do this?
Again, had you watched the video or even read the transcript you wouldn't make such silly statements.

I WAS describing a heavily reinforced jet.
Old 9th January 2014, 09:29 PM   #211
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Good to know.
The problem is that your work isn't good enough to take seriously.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 10:41 PM   #212
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

I'm assuming you don't know as you can't even specify which tower, can you be more specific?
It isn't a difficult question, but it does probe your hope that everyone is as physics-averse as you are.

How fast was the leading edge of the wing of the 767 in your video moving when it was observed to impact the tower it was observed to impact?

Last edited by Slowvehicle; 9th January 2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 9th January 2014, 10:45 PM   #213
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Again, had you watched the video or even read the transcript you wouldn't make such silly statements.

I WAS describing a heavily reinforced jet.
A "heavily-reinforced jet" for which there is not the first scintilla of evidence of the merest hint of a suggestion of its existence...

How fast was the "heavily-reinforced jet" that you claim was the 767 that was observed to impact the tower, in your diagrams, moving when it was observed to impact the tower?
Old 9th January 2014, 10:46 PM   #214
Robrob
Philosopher

Sigh.

The images are all over this thread. Here are some more.

Remember the velocity of the charges and the damage they cause? They cut, they don't bend.

This should ring a bell for anyone who's ever run alongside a picket fence hitting it with a stick:
Good example of what happens when someone looks at a photo of something they don't understand, trying to imagine things in order to support their POV.

The reason the top edge of aluminum cladding was removed in such a straight line is because that was the top edge of the aluminum cladding. That's were you would expect it to separate.

The box columns bent more to the right, etc is (obviously) because that's were the mass of the aircraft was centered. The wings taper outward, doing progressively less damage and eventually folding back along the fuselage and being dragged into the building.
Old 9th January 2014, 10:50 PM   #215
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Trivia question beechnut what are/were the fuel tanks of a 767 made of and how much did the biggest of them weigh when full of fuel?
The tanks are built right in, and sealed.

plane Left Right Center Total
757s 14,600 14,600 46,400 75,600
757s 14,600 14,600 46,200 75,400
757s 15,000 15,000 47,000 77,000
767-300 40,669 40,669 30,552 111,890
767ER 40,669 40,669 80,400 161,738

The WTC impact had about 66,000 pounds of fuel, 10,000 gallons. Most likely in the wings, 33,000 pounds in each wing, which would enter the WTC at 490 mph and 590 mph.

These truthers don't do physics, we should make it a beer if we quote them.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 10:50 PM   #216
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
Good example of what happens when someone looks at a photo of something they don't understand, trying to imagine things in order to support their POV.

The reason the top edge of aluminum cladding was removed in such a straight line is because that was the top edge of the aluminum cladding. That's were you would expect it to separate.

The box columns bent more to the right, etc is (obviously) because that's were the mass of the aircraft was centered. The wings taper outward, doing progressively less damage and eventually folding back along the fuselage and being dragged into the building.
Watch the video and comment, but don't not watch the video and comment.
Old 9th January 2014, 10:51 PM   #217
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

From the top of my dome:

It is...interesting...that you claim that a bottom-surface impact with a non-compressible fluid, (which BTW, separatres the entire wing from the fuselage, as a unit), is "several videos" of the wings "snapping off".

Is it your claim that the belly of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower, nose first, was the contact surface for its observed nose-first impact?
Old 9th January 2014, 10:53 PM   #218
yankee451
Master Poster

It is...interesting...that you claim that a bottom-surface impact with a non-compressible fluid, (which BTW, separatres the entire wing from the fuselage, as a unit), is "several videos" of the wings "snapping off".

Is it your claim that the belly of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower, nose first, was the contact surface for its observed nose-first impact?
My claim is that the damage evidence is inconsistent with a jet crash, you are simply clutching at any straw to avoid having to discuss how it is.

And the word I used was "all", it was you who used "several". Get your accusations straight. You said you'd appreciate my posting one, if not several examples. I did, but you didn't. Sue me.

Last edited by yankee451; 9th January 2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 9th January 2014, 10:57 PM   #219
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

My claim is that the damage evidence is inconsistent with a jet crash, you are simply clutching at any straw to avoid having to discuss how it is.
No. I am trying to discuss it. You are avoiding a simple question.

I am interested in probing your claim. Your claim, your onus.
Old 9th January 2014, 11:15 PM   #220
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
The tanks are built right in, and sealed.

plane Left Right Center Total
757s 14,600 14,600 46,400 75,600
757s 14,600 14,600 46,200 75,400
757s 15,000 15,000 47,000 77,000
767-300 40,669 40,669 30,552 111,890
767ER 40,669 40,669 80,400 161,738

The WTC impact had about 66,000 pounds of fuel, 10,000 gallons. Most likely in the wings, 33,000 pounds in each wing, which would enter the WTC at 490 mph and 590 mph.

These truthers don't do physics, we should make it a beer if we quote them.
revised calculation

- 67,000 pounds of fuel (10k gal @ 6.7 lbs per gallon) which is approx 30,000 kg.

- 0.5 * mv^2 with m=33,000 kg of fuel and speed = 200m/s :=

600000000 joules in the wings alone. Excluding the chemical energy stored in the fuel.

So the wings moving at 200m/s loaded with fluid is hardly a empty aluminium box.

Also, wings travveling at that speed with that much energy are not going to break off and fall to the floor. They are going to go right through the towers, probably mostly through the windows. They are not going to fold back and break off.
Old 9th January 2014, 11:17 PM   #221
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
revised calculation

- 67,000 pounds of fuel (10k gal @ 6.7 lbs per gallon) which is approx 30,000 kg.

- 0.5 * mv^2 with m=33,000 kg of fuel and speed = 200m/s :=

600000000 joules in the wings alone. Excluding the chemical energy stored in the fuel.

So the wings moving at 200m/s loaded with fluid is hardly a empty aluminium box.

Also, wings travveling at that speed with that much energy are not going to break off and fall to the floor. They are going to go right through the towers, probably mostly through the windows. They are not going to fold back and break off.
http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~johnm/Th...ammable767.JPG

Think NIST had some fuel summaries.

These two truther can't comprehend physics, and will not drop the fantasy.

Last edited by beachnut; 9th January 2014 at 11:20 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 11:22 PM   #222
Kid Eager
Philosopher

No. I am trying to discuss it. You are avoiding a simple question.

I am interested in probing your claim. Your claim, your onus.
Hi - it would appear that we're not going to get an answer.

Never fear, though - here are the calculations from the previous thread on the same topic: ("No Planer calls for Scientific Study")

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...43#post8977443

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
Call me crazy, but I'm bringing some math to a speculation thread.

Earlier on I tool the OP to task on the one-at-a-time depiction of the wing hitting the pylons comprising the side of the WTC and asked if he had any idea of how quickly that would have happened.

Anyhow, I did the math. The entire wing impacted the side of the WTC in 0.04 of a second. The hits on each pylon therefore occurred around 2/1000 of a second apart.

Assumptions:
Impact velocity 240 m/sec
Wing length perpendicular to fuselage: 20.6 metres
Wing rake: 31.5 degrees
Pylons hit by wing: 24

I'm not really sure what this proves other than it happens pretty quick.
Old 9th January 2014, 11:40 PM   #223
yankee451
Master Poster

They are not going to fold back and break off.
Verily, even when the wing root they are attached to has disintegrated, they still maintain their velocity through steel.

There's that magic loogie again.
Old 9th January 2014, 11:40 PM   #224
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

It is sad anyone falls for or makes up lies as silly as missiles or CD.

Real science takes time for some, yet some lay people understand things naturally.
http://web.mit.edu/civenv/wtc/
oops, science wasted on 911 truth pushers of woo.

Radar debunks the no plane fantasy.
http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/foia/9_11...l_aircraft.pdf

Simple to understand, yet 911 truth can't do it.

Sad to see people who are anti-education.
Old 9th January 2014, 11:44 PM   #225
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Never fear, though - here are the calculations from the previous thread on the same topic: ("No Planer calls for Scientific Study")

Quote:
The entire wing impacted the side of the WTC in 0.04 of a second
Wow.

Its as if the truthers cant comprehend the amount of energy involved. It's like a poster said earlier- too many James Bond movies.
Old 9th January 2014, 11:53 PM   #226
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wow.

Its as if the truthers cant comprehend the amount of energy involved. It's like a poster said earlier- too many James Bond movies.
If 911 truth no plane believers could do physics, they could do this.
http://web.mit.edu/civenv/wtc/PDFfil...t%20Impact.pdf
But they are anti-science, anti-education, anti-reality.

The dumbest claims are nukes, missiles, CD, DEW, and thermite. All these are based on ignorance, and no logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-zmb3jAgo Physics, what no plane believer can't do.

In truther world mass goes away at impact, thus shot guns don't work, hollow point bullets don't kill, and ping pong balls don't rip through wooden paddles.

Last edited by beachnut; 9th January 2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 9th January 2014, 11:57 PM   #227
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

Quote:
From the top of my dome:

Probably more accurate to say the fuselage broke up than the wings snapped off. This wings still seems quite securely attached to part of the fuselage.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/silverlig...4292010&page=5
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2014, 11:58 PM   #228
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Reactor drone View Post
Probably more accurate to say the fuselage broke up than the wings snapped off. This wings still seems quite securely attached to part of the fuselage.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/silverlig...4292010&page=5
Okay, so about the gash...
Old 10th January 2014, 12:01 AM   #229
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Verily, even when the wing root they are attached to has disintegrated, they still maintain their velocity through steel.

The side of the building wasnt a flat block of steel. It was mainly glass.
As has already been stated the amount of energy, just in the wings (the fuel) was enormous. Where do you think all that energy went?
Old 10th January 2014, 12:02 AM   #230
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

You mean the gash caused by the impact of a plane or do you still insist it was caused by invisible missiles that don't exist?
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 12:07 AM   #231
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Answers, these guys are in full blown fantasy-land. yankee451 says education is for fools.

And now, without evidence, the fantasy makers have to make up a lie and say radar data is fake. Without effort, a lie, it is fake. Lies and fantasy.

The problem with 911 truth no plane fantasy believers, they think the aircraft are soft. With alloys as strong as steel, they make up lies about impacts to keep their failed fantasy.

Oops, 911 truth fails, water crushes car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5EuuHR9yiQ

Guess 911 truth no planers can't grasp 66,000 pounds of jet fuel at 500 mph will no stop at the WTC shell. So they make up lies.

Then they make up lies about paper, and they don't do physics.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:26 AM   #232
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
Here's a couple of 8x10 glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one

I have nothing to add for the moment, but felt that this deserved proper recognition. Well done sir, well done.

Apollo Hoax Debunked

Last edited by threadworm; 10th January 2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: overly proper
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 12:30 AM   #233
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
yankee451 says education is for fools.
And yet he shares the same cognitively dissonant (t's the new buzz phrase amongst CTs, have you noticed?) attitude of loathing academia and its processes and the qualifications it confers while at the same time desperately trying to find an academically qualified person who agrees with him.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 12:32 AM   #234
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Some truther make silly remarks about papers, think they have debunked science, and end up making fools of themselves.

http://web.mit.edu/civenv/wtc/PDFfil...t%20Impact.pdf

No plane missile fantasy pushers think silly comments debunk science. It takes physics to debunk physics, and 911 truth can't do the work. Never have, never will.

People blame the government for their failure, and make up wild fantasies of missiles.

http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/31114

http://www.wai.com/articles_pdf/webA...ensic_2003.pdf

The no plane fantasy is born in disrespect and deep seeded ignorance. They can't debunk reality, have to say everyone is a liar, video is a liar, radar is a liar, and they miss their no plane claim is a lie. They call science bogus which dovetails with their disdain of education.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:36 AM   #235
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

LOL! Keep running from the physics yankee.

Edit: Oh wait! You'll try to ignore this too!

Originally Posted by badboy
revised calculation- 67,000 pounds of fuel (10k gal @ 6.7 lbs per gallon) which is approx 30,000 kg.- 0.5 * mv^2 with m=33,000 kg of fuel and speed = 200m/s :=600000000 joules in the wings alone. Excluding the chemical energy stored in the fuel.So the wings moving at 200m/s loaded with fluid is hardly a empty aluminium box.Also, wings travveling at that speed with that much energy are not going to break off and fall to the floor. They are going to go right through the towers, probably mostly through the windows. They are not going to fold back and break off.
(Psst!) This is where you run again.

Last edited by 332nd; 10th January 2014 at 12:46 AM.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 01:38 AM   #236
tsig
a carbon based life-form

What happens when you compare apples to break dancing?
Apple salsa?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 04:28 AM   #237
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I don't, why do you perpetuate official lies?
But you do, it's why you need to reinforce the jet.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 04:38 AM   #238
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Mr. Eager:

Thanks for this. In a socratic inquiry, it is often more important who provides an answer than what the answer provided is. I know the figures; you know the figures. The purpose of asking yankee451 the question is to get him to demonstrate how observed reality cannot be poured into his sci-fi fantasy scenario.
Old 10th January 2014, 04:42 AM   #239
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

What was the velocity of the leading edge of the wing of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower, when it was observed to impact the tower?
Old 10th January 2014, 04:46 AM   #240
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

How fast was the leading edge of the wing of the 767 that caused the gash when it was observed to impact the tower moving, when it was observed to impact the tower?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories