IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11

Old 10th January 2014, 04:48 AM   #241
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
I have nothing to add for the moment, but felt that this deserved proper recognition. Well done sir, well done.
Seconded...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 04:54 AM   #242
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Apple salsa?
nommed
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 04:59 AM   #243
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
nommed
"Nom, nom, nom, nom..." surely?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 05:16 AM   #244
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
"Nom, nom, nom, nom..." surely?
I see what you did there...
Old 10th January 2014, 05:32 AM   #245
Kid Eager
Philosopher

I see what you did there...
The apple of your eye, no doubt....
Old 10th January 2014, 06:01 AM   #246
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

I think our poor physics-less friend Yankee here is laboring under the delusion that we think the airplane entered the tower completely intact. Yankee, no one here would deny that the plane was ripped apart by the force of the impact with the tower; what seems to have escaped your notice, though, is that the disintegrating plane would have exerted an equal amount of force in the opposite direction.
Old 10th January 2014, 06:34 AM   #247
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Steel-reinforced hand smashes harder, more massive bricks. NWO implicated. CIA, FBI and FDNY involved in coverup.

Old 10th January 2014, 07:30 AM   #248
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Steel-reinforced hand smashes harder, more massive bricks. NWO implicated. CIA, FBI and FDNY involved in coverup.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps2c4a6e34.jpg
Clearly, this was done with shaped charges launched from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
Old 10th January 2014, 07:38 AM   #249
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Okay, so about the gash...
Well, you see, when a man and a woman love each other...
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 07:44 AM   #250
Mark F
Graduate Poster

This thread has lasted at least 7 pages too long.

Just my humble opinion, valued as always at precisely $0.02
Old 10th January 2014, 07:46 AM   #251
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
This thread has lasted at least 7 pages too long.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 07:59 AM   #252
NoahFence
Banned

Oh, well all the videos of the jet crashes where the wings snap off on impact must be wrong. Go figger.
There are no video's of crashes on 9/11 where the wings snap off on impact.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 08:08 AM   #253
Robrob
Philosopher

Watch the video and comment, but don't not watch the video and comment.
Argument by YouTube. If you are incapable of articulating your POV in your own words, why do I need to do your homework for you?
Old 10th January 2014, 08:11 AM   #254
NoahFence
Banned

From the top of my dome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScszbMeAl6s

Now what was the speed of the leading edge?
DERP.

9/11 here. Settle down, and listen...

9/11 Plane crashes.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 08:24 AM   #255
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
There are no video's of crashes on 9/11 where the wings snap off on impact.
That was actually a strawman he built. He claims because the wings had come off in other crashes they should have on impact with the towers. Another case of ignored physics.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 08:24 AM   #256
Yellow Astra
New Blood

Talking

I'm almost converting to a truther mindset by seing that..
Yellow Astra is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 08:27 AM   #257
fess
Graduate Poster

Again, had you watched the video or even read the transcript you wouldn't make such silly statements.

I WAS describing a heavily reinforced jet.
A heavily reinforced jet? And you claim others are making silly statements? In fact, I would say that most of your responses are not only silly, some of them are down right stupid.
Old 10th January 2014, 08:57 AM   #258
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by fess View Post
A heavily reinforced jet? And you claim others are making silly statements? In fact, I would say that most of your responses are not only silly, some of them are down right stupid.
Man, at least read the transcript.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 09:05 AM   #259
phunk
Illuminator

I know-oww!

The jet was struck at 500 MPH by a 500000 ton building and the building got creamed.

Wacky, huh!
What does the weight of the building have to do with it? The columns that were impacted were held in place by bolts and welds, and the strength of the columns and their connections is all that matters. By your logic, the plane was impacted by a 6,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000 ton planet, since the building was attached to the bedrock.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 09:07 AM   #260
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
What does the weight of the building have to do with it? The columns that were impacted were held in place by bolts and welds, and the strength of the columns and their connections is all that matters. By your logic, the plane was impacted by a 6,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000 ton planet, since the building was attached to the bedrock.
in Randi World, the mass and weight of the building doesn't matter, only the speed of the wing, which also happens to be as sharp as a basketball
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 09:08 AM   #261
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

So, how fast was the leading edge of the wing of the 767 that was observed to impact the tower, moving when it was observed to impact the tower?
Old 10th January 2014, 09:10 AM   #262
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

in Randi World, the mass and weight of the building doesn't matter, only the speed of the wing, which also happens to be as sharp as a basketball
While driving down the road, a firefly strikes the windshield of a bus and makes a quite obvious mess in front of the face of the driver. This is a clear case of Newton's third law of motion. The firefly hit the bus and the bus hits the firefly. Which of the two forces is greater: the force on the firefly or the force on the bus?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 10th January 2014 at 09:11 AM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 09:13 AM   #263
phunk
Illuminator

In the REAL world, the mass and weight of the building doesn't matter because the plane didn't impact the entire building, it impacted a handful of columns.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 10:15 AM   #264
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

A heavily reinforced jet? And you claim others are making silly statements? In fact, I would say that most of your responses are not only silly, some of them are down right stupid invincibly ignorant.
ftfy.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 10:18 AM   #265
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Seconded...
I noticed that jammonius' "plymouth wheel covers" were changed to "loogie" in the reply, such as it was.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 10:20 AM   #266
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
ftfy.
You see had you watched the video or read the transcript you would know I was debunking the folks who claim a reinforced jet was used.
Old 10th January 2014, 11:04 AM   #267
tsig
a carbon based life-form

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps2c4a6e34.jpg
An obvious false phalanges operation.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 11:22 AM   #268
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
In the REAL world, the mass and weight of the building doesn't matter because the plane didn't impact the entire building, it impacted a handful of columns.
I believe the count was 44 columns. A very large handful.

In the real world parts of the jet allegedly impacted parts of the building, so to calculate the jet as one solid mass is a false premise.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:11 PM   #269
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I believe the count was 44 columns. A very large handful.

In the real world parts of the jet allegedly impacted parts of the building, so to calculate the jet as one solid mass is a false premise.
Actually it's not. It is one mass in motion. This figure is needed to calculate the kinetic energy. The mass of the building is only important if you want to know if this energy is enough to move the entire building. Naturally this would assume that the impacting areas were strong enough to allow the transfer.

This is where you go off. You have not calculated the area of impacts ability to arrest this motion. NIST and Perdue did but, you don't believe in physics so you don't believe them.

Old 10th January 2014, 12:17 PM   #270
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

Only some?
Old 10th January 2014, 12:36 PM   #271
fess
Graduate Poster

From the top of my dome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScszbMeAl6s

Now what was the speed of the leading edge?
Would you mind telling me how this video is relevant to the topic at hand?
Old 10th January 2014, 12:41 PM   #272
fess
Graduate Poster

As I stated before, if you had paid any attention, I did watch the video and at the same time I read the transcript. Certainly not something I want to admit more than twice.
But thanks for finally answering one of my posts.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:45 PM   #273
ozeco41
Philosopher

Would you mind telling me how this video is relevant to the topic at hand?
Exactly.

"What Caused the Plane Shaped Hole?"

The plane shaped hole(s) were caused because the buildings were struck by a plane shaped object. To wit - a plane.

[/thread]
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 12:46 PM   #274
fess
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
ftfy.
I’ll accept that, but I was trying to be nice.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:47 PM   #275
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Actually it's not. It is one mass in motion. This figure is needed to calculate the kinetic energy. The mass of the building is only important if you want to know if this energy is enough to move the entire building. Naturally this would assume that the impacting areas were strong enough to allow the transfer.

This is where you go off. You have not calculated the area of impacts ability to arrest this motion. NIST and Perdue did but, you don't believe in physics so you don't believe them.
This is where you look at the evidence and explain how it is consistent with the tripe you're serving.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:47 PM   #276
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Exactly.

"What Caused the Plane Shaped Hole?"

The plane shaped hole(s) were caused because the buildings were struck by a plane shaped object. To wit - a plane.

[/thread]
This should have been the first (and only) response in this thread. Nothing else need be said.

Job done. Stick a fork in it. Move along people, nothing to see here.
Old 10th January 2014, 12:50 PM   #277
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
This should have been the first (and only) response in this thread. Nothing else need be said.

Job done. Stick a fork in it. Move along people, nothing to see here.

I don't think it has been said but...

one characteristic of a plane is that it is plane shaped.

Old 10th January 2014, 12:52 PM   #278
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

This is where you look at the evidence and explain how it is consistent with the tripe you're serving.
Your video is not up to the level of tripe. Best suited for Pilots for Truth, or another fantasy forum where 911 truth nuts hang out, who will eat up your lies.

What happen to the people on Flight 11 and 175? How does you fantasy handle murder? Here you are making fun of murdered people, killed by 19 terrorists, and you make up silly lies.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 01:13 PM   #279
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Got to love 911 truth vs 911 truth.
This is at yankee451's web site, see OP if you need to see fantasy in action.
Quote:
12-years after 9/11, the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, with a 500 thousand dollar yearly budget still can’t explain what caused the holes in the towers, instead focusing on building 7’s collapse and demanding a new investigation, an activity much like demanding Nazis investigate the Reichstag fire. Their real goal appears to be to run out the clock while keeping their members busy donating money , but one thing they won’t do is investigate the impact damage.
Richard Gage is debunked by fantasy missiles and no planes. Gee what did cause the holes the WTC towers. Two plane can't be the answer, that is reality, and Gage knows it is truth, or Richard Gage, AIA master of woo, is an idiot like the rest of 911 truth followers.

The 500k/yr is the answer why Gage makes no progress. If 911 is solved in the minds Gage's cult of drones, there will be no more money for Gage.

Will Gage fund yankee451's wing test? No, Gage needs 1,000 dollar suits, the latest computers, and the 400 dollar rooms, dinner, and first class travel.

There are only a few (not really) who spend money to building fantasy, Disney, Six Flags, and yankee451.

Last edited by beachnut; 10th January 2014 at 01:18 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2014, 01:22 PM   #280
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Explain to who?

You, no thanks.

(anyone else, no problem)

Last edited by DGM; 10th January 2014 at 01:25 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories