IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:09 AM   #41
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Ape of Good Hope View Post
difficulty you're having understanding simple concepts like steel weakening in fire.
I understand the concept extremely well.

I also know BS when I see it. That's the difference between myself and the skeptics on this forum.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:10 AM   #42
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
I don't mind.
The lulz make it all worthwhile.

Speaking of lulz, let's just nail the coffin lid shut on this derail:

Quote:
In Internet culture, a lurker is typically a member of an online community or PLN who observes, but does not actively participate. The exact definition depends on context. Lurkers make up a large proportion of all users in online communities. Lurking allows users to learn the conventions of an online community before they actively participate, improving their socialization when they eventually de-lurk. However, a lack of social contact while lurking sometimes causes loneliness or apathy among lurkers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurker
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:19 AM   #43
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

I understand the concept extremely well.

Please provide proof of this. But please do so in the appropriate thread, or start a new one.

(did you see what I did there?)
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:22 AM   #44
FalseFlag
Banned

Speaking of lulz, let's just nail the coffin lid shut on this derail:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurker
OK. Wikipedia says my definition is wrong. What do you call the people who view posts but don't become a member? Those people, whatever you want to call them, are my audience.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:23 AM   #45
FalseFlag
Banned

Please provide proof of this. But please do so in the appropriate thread, or start a new one.

(did you see what I did there?)
Yes, I do see what you did there. You forgot to post a link to the thread you want me to go to. I'm not about to start another one.
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:37 AM   #46
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

OK. Wikipedia says my definition is wrong. What do you call the people who view posts but don't become a member? Those people, whatever you want to call them, are my audience.

Apathetic?

Not really bothered one way or another?

Yes, I do see what you did there.

I'm not entirely convinced you did, you know.

But back on topic, is there anything you'd like to say about those AE911 Webinars?

That's what this thread is about.
Old 3rd April 2016, 02:56 AM   #47
FalseFlag
Banned

But back on topic, is there anything you'd like to say about those AE911 Webinars?

That's what this thread is about.
I have posted links after each webinar. That is relevant.

You are the one who derailed the thread.
Old 3rd April 2016, 03:20 AM   #48
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

I have posted links after each webinar. That is relevant.

You are the one who derailed the thread.

Incorrect. The thread was derailed before I posted.

I'm going to watch the first of the videos though, but I'm not expecting much, what with it being an AE911Truth project.

They really are a shady bunch of reality-twisters...
Old 3rd April 2016, 03:56 AM   #49
FalseFlag
Banned

Incorrect. The thread was derailed before I posted.

I'm going to watch the first of the videos though, but I'm not expecting much, what with it being an AE911Truth project.

They really are a shady bunch of reality-twisters...
You're going to watch the videos?
Wow. I'm impressed.

Why don't you do this, and I think this is extremely reasonable. Take any one of the claims they make in any one of their videos and prove they are wrong. No, don't use your opinion to say they are wrong, use a legitimate, credible source to prove they are wrong.
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:16 AM   #50
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Wow. I'm impressed.

Why don't you do this, and I think this is extremely reasonable. Take any one of the claims they make in any one of their videos and prove they are wrong. No, don't use your opinion to say they are wrong, use a legitimate, credible source to prove they are wrong.

Don't get your hopes up. it'll be a cursory viewing, when I have the time, to see if they're still up to their usual tricks. Most of us here are already very familiar with the content of AE911Truth videos.

I won't be engaging with AE911Truth polemic, and I won't be doing the 'reversed burden of proof' thing.

Remember: AE911Truth make the allegations, therefore AE911Truth must provide the proof.
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:22 AM   #51
FalseFlag
Banned

Remember: AE911Truth make the allegations, therefore AE911Truth must provide the proof.
And they do, skeptics just refuse to ignore it.
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:25 AM   #52
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

And they do, skeptics just refuse to ignore it.

Keep believing it, you have a mountain to climb.
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:45 AM   #53
FalseFlag
Banned

Keep believing it, you have a mountain to climb.
You are entitled to your opinion, which is all you appear to be able to provide.
Old 3rd April 2016, 05:30 AM   #54
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

You are entitled to your opinion, which is all you appear to be able to provide.

Funnily enough, much the same thing can be said of AE911Truth after almost a decade of shouting into a bucket.
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:23 AM   #55
FalseFlag
Banned

Funnily enough, much the same thing can be said of AE911Truth after almost a decade of shouting into a bucket.
This is amusing. I am posting evidence. You just ignore it. Can't you do any better than this?
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:48 AM   #56
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

This is amusing. I am posting evidence. You just ignore it.

No. You're posting standard issue truther pish. This is amusing. It's entirely logical to ignore it.

Can't you do any better than this?

Yes I can. In between my last post and this one I've been to the allotment and dug over the potato bed, and now me and Mrs Ape are going for a quick bike ride before tea time
Old 3rd April 2016, 09:22 AM   #57
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

This is amusing. I am posting evidence. You just ignore it. Can't you do any better than this?
You ignore Verinage demolitions, Ronan Point, Skyline Towers, Sir Isaac Newton, a few centuries of accumulated scientific theory and empirical knowledge of structures, and offer instead links to presentations that claim to prove that magical silent explosives brought down the buildings. And then that "proof" turns out to be a highly distorted version of the facts combined with imaginary physics and bad logic, but absolutely no evidence of either these magical devices or their supposed effects on the structure. Yes, this is very amusing.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 08:15 PM   #58
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Lurkers, please take note. This is clear evidence that skeptics do not wanted to be presented with any information that conflicts with their delusions.
Lurkers already took note 6 years ago, guess what? You lost badly.

Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Is a lurker someone who posts? I don't think so.
From the OP of the poll:

Quote:
A recent trend in this sub-forum is the "Appeal to the Lurker". You know who you are. You've registered. You've read. You think about posting but aren't sure you want to yet. Well here's your chance to get your feet wet. I'm seeking your opinion in this poll. Please take the time to select a choice. You needn't reply with a post but your input is valuable and welcome.

The information I'm seeking is:

1) If there are any lurkers regularly reading this forum and

2) How many you are and

3) Where you stand on the issues.
Let me know what in the above you don't understand.

Of course it's wrong, your definition is idiotic.

Good luck convincing the lurkers champ so far you're down 166-5

LOL

I believe a lurker just signed up and posted in another thread, he thinks you're a moron.

Good job!
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 05:13 AM   #59
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
Lurkers already took note 6 years ago, guess what? You lost badly.

Thanks for saving me the trouble.

From the OP of the poll:

Let me know what in the above you don't understand.

Of course it's wrong, your definition is idiotic.

Good luck convincing the lurkers champ so far you're down 166-5

LOL

I believe a lurker just signed up and posted in another thread, he thinks you're a moron.

Good job!
Let me make this easy.

You win. Your definition is correct, and mine was wrong.

Do we need to discuss this any more?
Old 7th April 2016, 09:06 PM   #60
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Let me make this easy.

You win. Your definition is correct, and mine was wrong.

Do we need to discuss this any more?
The lurkers thank you.
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 10:02 AM   #61
FalseFlag
Banned

You're welcome. Let me know if I can do anything else to help you out.
Old 8th May 2016, 04:03 PM   #62
FalseFlag
Banned

Tony Szamboti is doing a webinar now on the AE911T site.
Old 8th May 2016, 04:15 PM   #63
MileHighMadness
Muse

So our unlicensed mechanical engineer is doing a webinar on structural engineering. More Voodoo engineering from the clueless...
Old 8th May 2016, 04:16 PM   #64
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Oh boy, tell him I said hi (he knows me).

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2016, 04:20 PM   #65
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Oh boy, tell him I said hi (he knows me).
Tell him yourself. The webinar is open to anyone.
Old 8th May 2016, 04:24 PM   #66
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Tell him yourself. The webinar is open to anyone.
Why. Let me know if he brings anything new to the table. Everything he's presented to date is boring.

ETA: I'm serious about telling him I said hi, we go way back (in real life, we're even friends on facebook. )

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 8th May 2016 at 04:31 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2016, 04:55 PM   #67
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Sorry.

I'm watching an Archer marathon on Comedy Central right now. While Szamboti's presentation may be highly comedic in its own right, I'm sure it's decidedly less entertaining.
Old 8th May 2016, 05:15 PM   #68
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I'm curious, is the term "webinar" supposed to make something more significant then saying you're posting something to YouTube?

Just wondering because I can't see the difference.

Old 8th May 2016, 05:16 PM   #69
Wolrab
Illuminator

Dangerzone
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2016, 05:43 PM   #70
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I'm curious, is the term "webinar" supposed to make something more significant then saying you're posting something to YouTube?

Just wondering because I can't see the difference.
Might be looking at monetizing their website by driving traffic directly to it instead of getting ad revenue through youtube?

Old 9th May 2016, 09:22 AM   #71
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I've got some exciting paint to watch. It's drying right now.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2016, 09:59 AM   #72
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I've got some exciting paint to watch. It's drying right now.

Dave
Luxury! My paint is still in the tin and I'm watching that instead of Szamboti.
Old 9th May 2016, 10:06 AM   #73
NoahFence
Banned

Wow. I'm impressed.

Collapse time is 6.5 seconds. That's one central claim that has been proven false time and time again.

Not that you give a crap about reality.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2016, 07:02 AM   #74
tfk
Illuminator

I understand the concept [of fire weakening steel] extremely well.

I also know BS when I see it. That's the difference between myself and the skeptics on this forum.
I think that there is a nearly zero chance that you understand properly.
And this is an opportunity for you to learn something hugely important regarding the collapse of the towers.

Why don't you provide "what you understand" as it applies to the collapse of the towers.

I'll help you get started.
There are, of course, three main effects.
Please comment on the strength of each effect, as they pertain to the collapse of the towers.

Once you are done with that, please show how the info in your list explains why the towers collapsed "due to fire", while most fires in other tall buildings failed to cause collapse of those other buildings.

If you get it correct, I'll simply congratulate you.
If you get it wrong, I'll simply explain it ti you.

Of course, if you don't really understand, & I have to explain it to you, you'll thank me for helping you with a key concept.
And then you'll incorporate your new knowledge into a better, more complete understanding of the cause(s) of the collapses.

And you'll then realize why Truthers' (& especially Gage's) assertion that it is "a deep mystery why the towers collapsed due to their fires while other buildings did not" is a specious, incompetent argument.

Of course you will ...
__

PS. Note that, if you participate in this little exercise, then I will be doing exactly what you requested:

Originally Posted by False Flag

Last edited by tfk; 10th May 2016 at 07:08 AM.
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2016, 01:34 PM   #75
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I missed the webinar. Did Tony bring up preventing the penthouse flying off the top of WTC7? How about dust putting out fire? I'm sure there are other Tony classics that could have been brought in also.
Old 10th May 2016, 01:46 PM   #76
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
I missed the webinar. Did Tony bring up preventing the penthouse flying off the top of WTC7? How about dust putting out fire? I'm sure there are other Tony classics that could have been brought in also.
One of my favourites, though not quite up there with Hoffman's "2 million radio-controlled explosive ceiling tiles"
Old 10th May 2016, 02:43 PM   #77
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Welcome back. It's here, if you have the guts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFEMi617B6Q
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2016, 09:33 PM   #78
MileHighMadness
Muse

Wow...an 107 minutes of Tony Sz. I think I would waterboarding would be easier.
Old 11th May 2016, 04:12 AM   #79
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
Wow...an 107 minutes of Tony Sz. I think I would waterboarding would be easier.
I would rather have electrical shock therapy, at least it would be more humane than having your brain slowly desolved by stupid.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2016, 05:10 PM   #80
JSanderO
Illuminator

This was the usual dog & pony show AE puts on... same old same old... wrong and boring.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories