IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 30th April 2016, 02:52 PM   #641
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
You are so special, FF.
Thanks. I will ask you to buy me lunch on "National Truther Day". Can we please go to the NWO cafeteria? I really want to meet aliens in person.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 04:44 PM   #642
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
How can this be a secret if you know about it?
Diem was the worst kept secrets of the time, and all of the rest came into the light over time...which is why nothing remains secret very long. Most official secrets have a shelf life of a decade at best, in some case less than a year.

It will be 15 years this September 11th, no secrets, no leaks, nothing but the truth of the attacks is out there. In this same time span we've had multiple leaks from credible sources about all kinds of misdeeds, and then there are Wikileaks and Snowden.

The 9-11 facts remain intact.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 06:12 PM   #643
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
The 9-11 facts remain intact.
You're right. The fact that all of the WTC buildings were brought down by explosives is still intact.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 07:14 PM   #644
Axxman300
Philosopher

Proof?
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 07:44 PM   #645
FalseFlag
Banned

Proof?
Why?

You will just ignore it.
Old 30th April 2016, 08:42 PM   #646
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks. I will ask you to buy me lunch on "National Truther Day". Can we please go to the NWO cafeteria? I really want to meet aliens in person.
North Western Ontario has many cafeterias. ( after all, its a land area the size of France.)Do you have a favourite or would you like me to pick one?

Last edited by jaydeehess; 30th April 2016 at 08:45 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 08:44 PM   #647
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Ahahaha... you complain about statements that were withheld but are now public. You kvetch that this was secret.
The info about Kennedy became known after JFK died. Some of it required FOIA requests, other info came from "tell-all" books by those around Kennedy.

So was it secret at one time FF, or since it's known now, was never secret?
You missed an on topic post FF.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 09:15 PM   #648
Axxman300
Philosopher

Why?

You will just ignore it.
Translation: I have no proof. I'm just a troll.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:47 PM   #649
FalseFlag
Banned

North Western Ontario has many cafeterias. ( after all, its a land area the size of France.)Do you have a favourite or would you like me to pick one?
Well, that wasn't the NWO I was referring to, but if you can guarantee extraterrestrials at the cafeteria you pick, then I'm in.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:48 PM   #650
FalseFlag
Banned

Ahahaha... you complain about statements that were withheld but are now public. You kvetch that this was secret.
The info about Kennedy became known after JFK died. Some of it required FOIA requests, other info came from "tell-all" books by those around Kennedy.

So was it secret at one time FF, or since it's known now, was never secret?
What is the point? Is your point that after Cheney dies people will start talking?
Old 1st May 2016, 05:54 AM   #651
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

What is the point? Is your point that after Cheney dies people will start talking?
No, you said that the items brought up about JFK were not secret. You are correct, they aren't. They at one time were though,. While you are not bothered by that you are hot and bothered by the fact that the first responder statements were withheld for a much shorter time.

Explain.
Old 1st May 2016, 05:56 AM   #652
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Well, that wasn't the NWO I was referring to, but if you can guarantee extraterrestrials at the cafeteria you pick, then I'm in.
They come and go on their own schedule. No guarantees.
Old 1st May 2016, 06:28 AM   #653
HSienzant
Philosopher

Quote:
The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings - John F. Kennedy
I will just leave this here.
Hilarious.

JFK was actually asking newspaper editors to show restraint and NOT publish everything. To keep some state secrets, and not make it easy for the opposition (the Soviet Union) to learn everything they need to know through our newspapers of the day.

Read the full speech.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/R..._19610427.aspx

For example:

Quote:

Nevertheless, every democracy recognizes the necessary restraints of national security--and the question remains whether those restraints need to be more strictly observed if we are to oppose this kind of attack as well as outright invasion.

For the facts of the matter are that this nation's foes have openly boasted of acquiring through our newspapers information they would otherwise hire agents to acquire through theft, bribery or espionage; that details of this nation's covert preparations to counter the enemy's covert operations have been available to every newspaper reader, friend and foe alike; that the size, the strength, the location and the nature of our forces and weapons, and our plans and strategy for their use, have all been pinpointed in the press and other news media to a degree sufficient to satisfy any foreign power; and that, in at least in one case, the publication of details concerning a secret mechanism whereby satellites were followed required its alteration at the expense of considerable time and money.

Every newspaper now asks itself, with respect to every story: "Is it news?" All I suggest is that you add the question: "Is it in the interest of the national security?" And I hope that every group in America--unions and businessmen and public officials at every level-- will ask the same question of their endeavors, and subject their actions to the same exacting tests.
As always, conspiracy theorists make their points by taking claims out of context. In context, JFK was saying the exact opposite of the point you're apparently trying to make by taking his claim out of context. He was arguing that secrecy is sometimes necessary.

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 1st May 2016 at 07:34 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2016, 02:43 PM   #654
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
He was arguing that secrecy is sometimes necessary.

Hank
Fair enough. Was it necessary to block the release of the oral histories? If so, why? The only answer anyone has given is "privacy". That is not a good enough reason. Privacy concerns could have been addressed through anonymity.

Thanks for proving that you do have the ability to reason. It makes me wonder why you won't accept the fact that WTC7 was brought down by CD.
Old 1st May 2016, 02:51 PM   #655
NoahFence
Banned

You're right. The fact that all of the WTC buildings were brought down by explosives is still intact.
A short time ago you made posts indicating that you didn't know that for sure. You were all about the investigation. Asking your questions...

So what happened in the last few months that changed your mind from uncertainty, to this more concrete stance?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2016, 02:54 PM   #656
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
A short time ago you made posts indicating that you didn't know that for sure. You were all about the investigation. Asking your questions...

So what happened in the last few months that changed your mind from uncertainty, to this more concrete stance?
I'm still for an official investigation, but I'm not going to shy away from calling a duck a duck. WTC7 was brought down by CD. The official explanation is BS.
Old 1st May 2016, 03:09 PM   #657
NoahFence
Banned

I'm still for an official investigation, but I'm not going to shy away from calling a duck a duck. WTC7 was brought down by CD. The official explanation is BS.
It's an absurd idea.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2016, 03:16 PM   #658
FalseFlag
Banned

It's an absurd idea.
Ignoring basic physics is far more absurd.
Old 1st May 2016, 03:25 PM   #659
NoahFence
Banned

Why would someone crash a plane in the middle of nowhere, into the Pentagon, and into the WTC if the goal of the operation is destroying WTC 7? Why not just rig it to explode!

This is the part you prove I was wrong with the intellectual coward quip.

Clearly 'they' could rig WTC7, so why the biblical levels of overkill?
Old 1st May 2016, 03:29 PM   #660
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

No one is ignoring basic physic except you..........

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2016, 03:40 PM   #661
Axxman300
Philosopher

Fair enough. Was it necessary to block the release of the oral histories? If so, why? The only answer anyone has given is "privacy". That is not a good enough reason. Privacy concerns could have been addressed through anonymity.
1. You're not an American, and clearly do not understand how things work here, and refuse to listen to the dozens of reasonable explanations in this thread.

2. You can't be older than 15. Certainly not intellectually.

You've failed.
Old 1st May 2016, 03:52 PM   #662
FalseFlag
Banned

1. You're not an American, and clearly do not understand how things work here, and refuse to listen to the dozens of reasonable explanations in this thread.

2. You can't be older than 15. Certainly not intellectually.

You've failed.
I thought you were going to ignore me.
Old 1st May 2016, 05:00 PM   #663
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Hilarious.

JFK was actually asking newspaper editors to show restraint and NOT publish everything. To keep some state secrets, and not make it easy for the opposition (the Soviet Union) to learn everything they need to know through our newspapers of the day.

Read the full speech.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/R..._19610427.aspx

For example:

As always, conspiracy theorists make their points by taking claims out of context. In context, JFK was saying the exact opposite of the point you're apparently trying to make by taking his claim out of context. He was arguing that secrecy is sometimes necessary.

Hank
I think many of us already knew the JFK quote was wildly out if context.
Old 1st May 2016, 05:08 PM   #664
FalseFlag
Banned

Clearly 'they' could rig WTC7
Yes, "they" could. The problem lies with who the "they" is. If our government wanted wanted to blame the destruction of WTC7 on OBL, there would have been far fewer issues. The issue is that they didn't blame it on him. The issue is that they have given a story that is nonsense. That implies that the "they" is NOT OBL. If the "they" is not OBL, then who is it?
Old 1st May 2016, 05:14 PM   #665
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Yes, "they" could. The problem lies with who the "they" is. If our government wanted wanted to blame the destruction of WTC7 on OBL, there would have been far fewer issues. The issue is that they didn't blame it on him. The issue is that they have given a story that is nonsense. That implies that the "they" is NOT OBL. If the "they" is not OBL, then who is it?
Why would anyone care about this building? No one died and no one profited.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2016, 06:00 PM   #666
HSienzant
Philosopher

Fair enough. Was it necessary to block the release of the oral histories?
Were they blocked? If so, why do you think they were, and what evidence do you have?

Further, my understanding is they were released more than a decade ago. Is that true? If so, what was revealed within those histories that supports your claims?

If so, why? The only answer anyone has given is "privacy".
Well, there's that, and your innuendo to the contrary. I find the privacy argument more persuasive.

That is not a good enough reason.
According to you. Others may have differing opinions. I note you don't use your real name here. Why is that? Privacy concerns?

Privacy concerns could have been addressed through anonymity.
Asked and answered pages and pages ago. You ignored it. Moreover, the histories were released over a decade ago. What's your *current* beef?

Thanks for proving that you do have the ability to reason.
Everyone here has that ability. The problem isn't the reasoning ability, it's what facts one accepts as true, and what interpretations one puts on those facts. Your interpretations seem a bit outlandish. Like complaining about the secrecy of some info that was released over a decade ago. You have what you need. Make a case. But complaining about the secrecy inherent in something that was released over a decade ago makes no sense to me.

It makes me wonder why you won't accept the fact that WTC7 was brought down by CD.
Mostly because I've seen no evidence of CD. And you answered your own point before you even raised it. Remember, I'm a veteran of the JFK assassination conspiracy theorist nonsense. I've seen those same type of nonsense arguments for decades prior to 9/11. You're just using the same CT playbook and tweaking the arguments for 9/11. It's very transparent.

All the best,

Hank

PS: let's not forget you took the JFK quote out of context. You won't be using that quote anymore in the future, I trust. Right?

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 1st May 2016 at 07:08 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2016, 07:37 PM   #667
NoahFence
Banned

Don't care to comment on the test of my post?

Just answer the question for Christ sake
Old 2nd May 2016, 03:01 AM   #668
Sceptic-PK
Illuminator

Fair enough.
I really enjoyed the bit where you quoted a speech from JFK you clearly hadn't read Why do you guys do that?
Sceptic-PK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2016, 05:14 AM   #669
NoahFence
Banned

Don't care to comment on the test of my post?

Just answer the question for Christ sake
Intellectual coward it is then.
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:09 AM   #670
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

In the real world, not so much.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:11 AM   #671
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

So why are you engaging in it?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:21 AM   #672
HSienzant
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sceptic-PK View Post
I really enjoyed the bit where you quoted a speech from JFK you clearly hadn't read Why do you guys do that?
The question answers itself. They have no choice. Since the evidence doesn't support them, they must utilize logical fallacies, quotes out of context, innuendo, suspicion and supposition instead of evidence.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:33 AM   #673
NoahFence
Banned

Essentially the only result you will accept from any investigation is that which already conforms to your non-expert opinion, is that a fair statement?
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:18 AM   #674
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

The question answers itself. They have no choice. Since the evidence doesn't support them, they must utilize logical fallacies, quotes out of context, innuendo, suspicion and supposition instead of evidence.

Hank
I'd just about bet that FF had never even seen the quote anywhere but on CT-oriented websites. It's that bubble effect in action- one quote-mine gets passed around and down from generation to generation of CT slingers as if it is the entire quote, and the context gets lost for any other purpose than the mine supports- even when, laughably enough (as here), the original is shown to have a directly opposite meaning.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2016, 05:54 PM   #675
FalseFlag
Banned

Essentially the only result you will accept from any investigation is that which already conforms to your non-expert opinion, is that a fair statement?
No. It is neither fair nor accurate.
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:05 PM   #676
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

No. It is neither fair nor accurate.
What is wrong with a little truth now and then?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:34 PM   #677
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
What is wrong with a little truth now and then?
Nothing is wrong with that. Are you going to finally post something that contains a little truth? I would love to see it. Surprise me.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:49 PM   #678
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
A thread exposing the ignorance of 9/11 truth... again, 9/11 truth in re-runs

9/11 truth, the movement based on the overwhelming ignorance of its followers.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories