IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th April 2016, 02:28 PM   #241
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
This is so 2003 that so far I find that Robertson said: "The two towers were the first structures outside of the military and nuclear industries designed to resist the impact of a jet airliner, the Boeing 707. It was assumed that the jetliner would be lost in the fog, seeking to land at JFK or at Newark." but the link provided at the site I was on is broken now.
http://www.nae.edu/cms/Publications/...ives/7344.aspx

p.8 of the PDF
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 02:32 PM   #242
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
Thank you. That worked for me. Hopefully it works for FalseFlag as well.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 02:37 PM   #243
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Do you consider the fuel mass as part of the plane? Purdue seems to think it had a greater effect on the structure then the NIST considered.
Yes it was part of the plane and hugely destructive at it slammed into things and then atomized and ignited.

I am with Purdue on that one.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 02:43 PM   #244
waypastvne
Muse

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Some questions:
Don't you find it odd that it appears that the pulverized building contents are being produced at roughly the same rate? Don't you find it odd that the pulverized contents are being ejected approximately the same distance as well?
Same volume of air is ejected on each floor. Nothing odd about it.
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 02:46 PM   #245
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

<<What you see being ejected is mostly lighter contents including a hell of a lot of pulverized gypsum board. I see absolutely no evidence that concrete floor pans are being ejected laterally..>>
Then you're not looking, or you are playing a semantics game.

Then the bulk of my post:
Quote:
If something continues to accelerate as it falls it means that the forces directed downwards are greater than any forces acting in the opposite direction.

In the Earth's gravity well an object that is falling AT g would have an 'apparent weight' of zero, or weightless. However when it impacts something the force of impact is not zero. If you throw a cannonball into the air and let it fall on your head it will be weightless on the way down but be far from having zero force when it hits your head. In fact it will hit with more force than if you simply balanced it on your head. That is because its momentum must be imparted to your head over a period of time and momentum transferred over time IS force. Its actually the way Newton described his Second Law of Motion in his Principia Mathmatica. The change in momentum over change in time.
delta p/delta t

No response whatsoever.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 4th April 2016 at 02:48 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 02:59 PM   #246
pgimeno
Illuminator

Yes, some practically all columns are standing while the floors are pulverized fractured and dust is ejected laterally.
FTFY to be more precise.

You should really stop saying that they fall. It makes people assume that everything came straight down. That is not what happened.
The floors came straight down while they pancaked. That's what I call the collapse front.

I also see pulverized building contents being generated and ejected laterally at a near constant rate. Do you see that too?
Approximately.

In your picture, I see pulverized contents being laterally ejected to the right. In fact, the pulverized contents are being laterally ejected at nearly the same rate and with nearly the same force that it appears there is another mass falling at the same rate at an equal distance from the footprint of the tower? Do you see that, too? That column of dust on the right that seems to have a consistent width?
It's the trail of dust of a free-falling cluster of panels. There were several like that. Nothing special about it, even if Chandler claims this is proof they had rockets or some nonsense like that.

I wonder how the collapse could be so symmetrical, and the forces so constant.
Those who have measured the speed of that collapse front say that it reached a constant speed (zero acceleration). I attribute that to air compression (air friction, cushioning) causing a terminal velocity. With constant velocity, the expected air pressure is the same.

Robert McCoy, ex-AE911T panel member, said he expected to see exactly that kind of ejections in a pancake collapse. He didn't see them, but that speaks poorly of his capacity for watching the collapse, because obviously they were there:
Now we have the mass of that building from up above coming down, in strong... you know, it's going to begin to impact the whole building as it comes, as everyone has described. But it's going to come down in a pancake fashion, in a staccato kind of a way, bang bang bang bang bang as it comes. It's not going to come as a smooth fall. You're going to see puffs of pulverizing concrete, each time a floor or a series of floors hits another floor. I didn't see that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfgXDnn8V_I

It's also pretty obvious that the ejected dust is not the majority of the concrete in pulverized form. The volume hardly justifies that, and the density is clearly low (otherwise it would fall much faster, if not at free fall).

Dust is produced when concrete is fractured, then said dust is ejected. You can see it in this still from the moment of the collapse (due to fire) of the TU Delft building:

And in this demolition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qKIikDcDII

(around second 17). You're not claiming that the majority of the concrete in these floors went out the windows, are you?

Dust is also produced when gypsum board is crushed, and when fireproofing is dislodged.

Last edited by pgimeno; 4th April 2016 at 03:03 PM.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 03:39 PM   #247
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

The proof that no special consideration was given to a fire started by a fuel-loaded plane is that there was nothing special in the fire systems and fireproofing used: They were just "to code," which was based on a normal office fire.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 03:40 PM   #248
waypastvne
Muse

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
I suspect SFPM did get removed. Not much from the plane impact because not much of the plane impacted steel and left it in place. Some of it probably shook loose.... Maybe.
The plane impacts may have sent the building materials flying about and bashing the steel and knocking it off. Maybe. Things like flying gyp bd shaft walls, metal studs would do it.

A plane part... dunno...

Take a look at the street on the :30 mark in this video. This is after impact, before collapse. Most of the dust you see there would be fireproofing.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Fireproofing is by far the most fragile when compared to concrete or drywall you can crush it into dust with your bare hand.
The concrete is also covered on one side by steel floor pans and carpet or vinyl on the other. The drywall is also covered both sides by paper and or vinyl. This would act to contain a portion of the dust.

If you watch video of the impact you will see a column of what looks like smoke that falls to the ground and just lays there.

My opinion is most of what you see below the red arrows is fire proofing.

The material coming horizontally out the windows (broken) is basically the clg tiles, gyp bd partitions, particle board furniture, carpets and all things which were not strong and strongly attached to the structure.
You also need to add fire proofing to this list. If you look at the photo below and imagine what happens when the mass above crashes on to this floor. Most of that fire proofing is going to come off, mix with the air, and be carried out the windows with it.

Also remember that all those red grey chips that Jones found in all the samples, is in reality buried underneath the fire proofing on those trusses. If the chips were scattered all across the city, the fire proofing that covered them had to be too.
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 04:49 PM   #249
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
Take a look at the street on the :30 mark in this video. This is after impact, before collapse. Most of the dust you see there would be fireproofing.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Fireproofing is by far the most fragile when compared to concrete or drywall you can crush it into dust with your bare hand.
The concrete is also covered on one side by steel floor pans and carpet or vinyl on the other. The drywall is also covered both sides by paper and or vinyl. This would act to contain a portion of the dust.

If you watch video of the impact you will see a column of what looks like smoke that falls to the ground and just lays there.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...ed-1_small.jpg

My opinion is most of what you see below the red arrows is fire proofing.

You also need to add fire proofing to this list. If you look at the photo below and imagine what happens when the mass above crashes on to this floor. Most of that fire proofing is going to come off, mix with the air, and be carried out the windows with it.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...insulation.jpg

Also remember that all those red grey chips that Jones found in all the samples, is in reality buried underneath the fire proofing on those trusses. If the chips were scattered all across the city, the fire proofing that covered them had to be too.
Of course the sprayed on FP would do to dust when the floors collapsed. But the vast majority of the dust was ground up concrete... and gwb... maybe.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 05:37 PM   #250
Redwood
Graduate Poster

If steel doesn't fare well in a fire, then why use it as a building material? If it does not fare well in a fire, then why haven't more steel-framed buildings collapsed from fire? Oh, I forgot. Firefighting. Yeah, right.
Steel is used because it is strong and, all things considered, cheap. In developed countries, reinforced concrete is more expensive because of labor costs. In 3rd world countries, lower labor costs make reinforced concrete cheaper than steel. So ironically, 3rd world countries have an edge in fire safety.

In developed countries, builders compensate for the relative vulnerability of steel by (1) passive means (applying insulation), (2) automatic means (sprinkler systems) and (3) active means (firefighting).

90 West St. burned for days, but survived. It had absolutely outstanding passive fire resistance, and the fire was fought.

In the Twin Towers, (3) was not possible, and 1 and 2 were knocked out by the airliner impacts. But at least you got one of the three. You're making progress, of a sort.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 08:33 PM   #251
AZCat
Graduate Poster

If you claim I'm wrong, provide proof I am wrong.
It's in the basic principles of structural engineering. Go read up on them, perhaps in the NIST reports where they describe the relevant issues, but any other decent reference would do as well.
AZCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 08:54 PM   #252
HSienzant
Philosopher

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. WTC1 and WTC2 were designed to withstand the impact of a Boeing 707. The buildings did not collapse after the initial impact; therefore, they performed as they were designed to do.
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Is this a direct quote from the lead designer? Do you need one or do you think he lies too.........
If you are tying to prove I am wrong, why is it so hard for you to provide a link, or anything, other than your own statement claiming I am wrong?
Still utilizing the LOGICAL FALLACY of shifting the burden of proof, I see.

DGM simply asked you for your source of your claim.

Can you provide support for your claim? It appears not, as you're once again asking for others to disprove your assertions instead of you providing any proof of those assertions. Why should anyone take your assertions seriously, given that history?

Quote:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

burden of proof

You said that the burden of proof lies not with the person making the claim, but with someone else to disprove.

The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove...
Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 4th April 2016 at 09:16 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2016, 09:29 PM   #253
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Still utilizing the LOGICAL FALLACY of shifting the burden of proof, I see.

DGM simply asked you for your source of your claim.

Can you provide support for your claim? It appears not, as you're once again asking for others to disprove your assertions instead of you providing any proof of those assertions. Why should anyone take your assertions seriously, given that history?

Hank
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 03:58 AM   #254
JSanderO
Illuminator

FF has got this wrong almost every time. His disbelief and lack / limit of understanding of physics and engineering drive his disbelief and so he demands others prove what is essentially settled science and engineering to him on his level. He and most truth guys refuse to learn or understand and rely on false notions of how these things work. So you get block mechanics as demonstrations of what they see as applying physics and engineering.

For example... truth guys cannot understand how collapses create dust from most building materials... dust which can be carried aloft and leaves no recognizable "thing" post collapse. Where are all the telephones and toilets and computers?... and so on.

NB that the top down collapses of the twins produced the same sort of "dust" as the bottom up destruction of 7wtc. Take away is that hundreds of thousands of tons of collapsing building materials can be equally destructive... crushing up or crushing down.
Old 5th April 2016, 04:25 AM   #255
FalseFlag
Banned

I don't object to a new investigation.
Have you signed the ae911truth petition then? Don't you want answers instead of speculation?
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 04:30 AM   #256
FalseFlag
Banned

For example... truth guys cannot understand how collapses create dust from most building materials... dust which can be carried aloft and leaves no recognizable "thing" post collapse. Where are all the telephones and toilets and computers?... and so on.
I do understand that collapses can create dust - lots of it. You can clearly see the massive amounts of dust in collapses of any type. Dust is not proof that anything is wrong with the official story.

The issue is not dust. The issue is massive amounts of pulverized building contents being ejected laterally at a near constant rate. What is causing this? You claim the upper mass is causing this. Newton disagrees. I disagree based on what Newton is telling me. I don't reject your argument because I want to. I reject it because it does not conform to basic physics.

The laws of physics tell us what happened. Your explanation is based on failed support columns, fire, poor engineering, etc. I don't deny that those issues could cause a building to collapse. They can, without a doubt. The issue is how the building collapsed, not what caused the collapse. That is a huge fact that skeptics refuse to accept. Cause is not the issue. The actual collapse, and what is observed during the collapse, are the issues.

Last edited by FalseFlag; 5th April 2016 at 04:32 AM.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 04:50 AM   #257
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I do understand that collapses can create dust - lots of it. You can clearly see the massive amounts of dust in collapses of any type. Dust is not proof that anything is wrong with the official story.

The issue is not dust. The issue is massive amounts of pulverized building contents being ejected laterally at a near constant rate. What is causing this? You claim the upper mass is causing this. Newton disagrees. I disagree based on what Newton is telling me. I don't reject your argument because I want to. I reject it because it does not conform to basic physics.

The laws of physics tell us what happened. Your explanation is based on failed support columns, fire, poor engineering, etc. I don't deny that those issues could cause a building to collapse. They can, without a doubt. The issue is how the building collapsed, not what caused the collapse. That is a huge fact that skeptics refuse to accept. Cause is not the issue. The actual collapse, and what is observed during the collapse, are the issues.
A building is only as strong as the connections, parts that hold it together, FF, take those away and the building becomes a set of disunited parts, connections can not be made perfect and welds and bolts are never as strong as the steel they join.

A pin from a Bell saw tree cutter.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 05:53 AM   #258
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Ummmmmm,.... no. Just no.

While this metaphor is not new, it bears repeating;

A box of matches falls off a table, spreading its contents all over the floor.

The investigator wants to know why the box fell off the table.

The conspiracy theorist wants to know why each match ended up where it did.

You FF, are firmly in that second camp.

Once collapse initiation began, collapse progression was inevitable and there was nothing going to stop it. Everything that happened after collapse initiation is simply a product of the chaos of collapse. What maters then, really the only thing that matters is what initiated the collapse.

And we certainly do not need to discuss things that did not happen in the collapse progression phase, like lateral ejection of building components. The situation gets confused enough without bringing in stuff that didn't happen.
Old 5th April 2016, 05:56 AM   #259
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

You can clearly see the massive amounts of dust in collapses of any type. Dust is not proof that anything is wrong with the official story.

The issue is not dust. The issue is massive amounts of pulverized building contents being ejected laterally at a near constant rate.
Since dust and pulverized building contents are precisely the same thing in this context, and you are clearly stating that "massive amounts" are expected to be created in any collapse, is it therefore your claim that the issue is that these fully expected massive amounts of dust are being ejected "laterally at a near constant rate," and that this disagrees with Newton's laws?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 05:58 AM   #260
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

You have been informed that studies have been done that show the collapse front reached a constant velocity. Why then is ejections at a constant rate, remarkable.
wrt what is being ejected, how do you arrive at the conclusion that it is significant, and exactly what is significant about it?

You say cause of collapse is not the issue. Good to know. You just want to know the mechanism by which it did so. One question though, what's the difference between the cause of collapse, and how it collapsed?

That said, if you read the OP and the subsequent revisions, you will see how the majority of us understand the collapse. Odd, you haven't ever referenced the OP or the revisions.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 5th April 2016 at 06:00 AM.
Old 5th April 2016, 06:02 AM   #261
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps9boa0cws.jpg
google "Big Blue Crane Collapse"

Same thing only much bigger.
Old 5th April 2016, 11:12 AM   #262
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Amazing! You want to sticky a thread based on response to your derail of the thread.
Do you or do you not have anything at all to contribute to the subject of the thread?
This is a forum for discussion, right? If so, I am contributing meaningfully. The fact that you don't like my contributions means nothing.
That does not answer the question I asked and you quoted me asking.
You do understand the concept of a thread topic, right?
Never have seen anything further from FF that addresses this.
Old 5th April 2016, 11:39 AM   #263
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

As promised.

Revision 3:

Generic Description of the Collapse Progression of the Two WTC Towers:

Video evidence demonstrates aircraft impact destroyed or bent a number of perimeter columns. A lesser amount of core column severance or damage is expected. Some floor spans also directly damaged.

Aircraft fuel spread through several vertically adjacent floors of the structure and ignited. This created a condition of very large area office contents fire on those floors with various levels of "rubblization" of the contents. This is a fire condition well beyond design expectations for fire spread. Office fires are expected to usually begin small, in a waste basket, or an electrical fault in a device or circuit, for instance.

Aircraft impact debrided spray on fire insulation in varying degree, on a significant number of structural components on impact floors. This reduced fire resistance of those structural steel components.

Structural response to impact was a redistribution of loads previously carried by missing or foreshortened ( due to being bent) columns. Load redistribution was not even across all remaining columns.

Fire spread and movement was similar, but not identical, on each involved level and also spread to higher levels. Heat began affecting steel structural components, both vertical and horizontal, and the connecting components between them on all fire involved levels.

Floor spans had long trusses with their lower chords exposed to the heat and the trusses in several areas began sagging. A few areas had already seen truss or truss to perimeter connection failure at impact.

Perimeter columns and truss to perimeter connecting components heated less than the core columns and truss to core structure components. The interface between long span trusses and core was a belt truss rather than direct connection to core columns.

Core columns are subject to heating basically from all sides, over the several floors fully involved in the fires, and over the course of fire spread around each level.
( that is to say a column at level x may heat more on one face than that same column at level x-1 or x+1 but that over the several levels involved some columns are heated on all sides and taking into account the changes through time)
The capability of the structure to resist any collapse was being eroded. One very obvious indication of this is the inward bowing of part of the perimeter. Each tower also twisted and tilted noticeably up to collapse. These demonstrate that the structure was responding to further weakening due to the heat. Loads were continually changing and redistributing during this time.
At some point a redistribution caused one or more columns to exceed its capacity. Column capacity in this case does not necessarily mean it original engineered load bearing ability. Loads were not necessarily on axis (due to impact or heat unduced creep, or expanding floor beams) and many columns were subjected to significant heating, both of which would tend to lower any individual column's strength.

At one point a rapud progression of column failures occurs. A column or columns fail and in redistributing the load, cause other columns to exceed capacity, causing another rapid load shift. Column failures rapidly progressed to all columns over one or more levels

With all columns now having failed over one or more adjacent levels, a large section of the upper building is now falling, accelerating through approximately the distqnce of one level, to next contact. A combination of factors result in few, if any, buckled columns impacting on lower parts of themselves. Upper falling section column ends are, in many locations, the first contacts with lower structure. That contact would be proximate to the lower section columns and thus the greatest impact occurs near or directly on lower floor truss to column connecting components immediately failing the lateral support provided by those trusses. This is occurring both to long span truss to column connecting components, at perimeter and belt truss, as well as with the core's beams running between core columns.

As upper mass continues its lowest floor begins contacting floorspace below the initial failure level. This first contact is between floor systems that are already severely compromised. They are among those that have been affected by impact and heat and one has suffered loss of connections to columns as per last paragraph.

With columns largely being bypassed by the vast majority of falling upper section, they contribue very little in opposing collapse.

Concrete floor pans shatter.

Both upper structure and lower structure now have major connection failures, both in the vertical/horizontal connections as well as connections between column sections. The later is due to both the destruction of lateral support and the buffeting collisions from the falling mass.

Perimeter column "trees" peel away, the first to do so are on the order of 1000 feet above ground as they pivot away.

Collapse continues with a relatively small amount of falling mass being ejected at the collision interface. Since initial contact was an order of magnitude greater than that which the long span open floors could absorb, little effect is seen on the falling mass. This means that the still intact portion of upper mass will continue to accelerate.

Further contact of falling upper mass with lower structure will have mutual destruction of both. As collapse continues lower levels will be impacted by more mass , albeit more rubblized, that is necessarily moving faster than first contact. Those floor spans must also be hit by an order of magnitude greater load than they can withstand, and indeed greater than at that earlier, first contact impact.

There existed no mechanism by which this floor pan, truss and perimeter peel, destruction could be arrested as this continues.

The core area beam destruction may well have lagged that of the long span destruction since those beams are heavier and shorter. Evidence for this is the so called "spire" of core structure that existed momentarily after the rest of one tower had fully collapsed. Perimeter peel necessarily lags long span destruction as it is a direct result of that long span truss destruction.

Core columns stripped of inter-core lateral support succumb to a combination of slender column buckling and heavy buffeting from falling debris. A relatively small, heavily damaged, portion of the core remains after long span floor and perimeter destruction (no longer being buffeted by debris impact) but cannot remain intact and it comes apart as well

Last edited by jaydeehess; 5th April 2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 5th April 2016, 02:16 PM   #264
Seymour Butz
Muse

Originally Posted by kjr63 View Post
As long as we stay in high school physcis, i understand quite well. These floors cannot add anything to the destructive force. Each collision is a loss of kinetic energy.

Not entirely correct.

Each collision lessens ke, but during the fall to the next floor, ke is increased again by 1- increased mass, 2- velocity being increased due to fall through empty space.

Your physics understanding is only valid for horizontal collisions, where gravity isn't increasing velocity between collisions.

Think of it this way - coast your car into a series of moderately weak barriers and soon, the ke is "consumed".

What happens if instead of coasting into the barriers, you are accelerating into the barriers, and keep your foot on the gas. You keep going until you're through all the barriers, right?
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 02:23 PM   #265
Seymour Butz
Muse

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Granted - intuition is not always a sharp and precise tool, especially when dealing with magnitudes of masses and forces that you don't ever gain personal experience with.

That's why engineers and scientists use numbers and do math.

If twoofs would just realize this, they would never become twoofs to begin with.

+1...
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 02:28 PM   #266
Seymour Butz
Muse

Originally Posted by kjr63 View Post

Then let the car accelerate with full force 100 feet before hitting the first wall. It punches through, but loses most of it's speed. It accelerates then 5 feet distance, but cannot punch through many more because it is continiously losing speed, and 5 feet acceleration is not enough to punch through.

Change the original 100ft starting distance to 5 ft, and IF it breaks through the first barrier, then the next barrier will be easier to break through cuz now it has a running start.

Right?
Old 5th April 2016, 02:32 PM   #267
Seymour Butz
Muse

If the floor to column connections failed first, then what caused the columns to fail?

Impact damage and fire.

Quote:
wizardry and nonsense r.

Most call it math...
Old 5th April 2016, 02:36 PM   #268
Seymour Butz
Muse

I also see pulverized building contents being generated and ejected laterally at a near constant rate. Do you see that too?

I see dust.

What do you see?

Surely, no floor pans and trusses and core columns... IOW, the steel parts.... are being "ejected" through the holes in the intact exterior columns.

Right?
Old 5th April 2016, 02:47 PM   #269
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
I see dust.
Quite possibly a desk calendar or picture of wife and kids,,,,,,
Old 5th April 2016, 03:08 PM   #270
HSienzant
Philosopher

Have you signed the ae911truth petition then? Don't you want answers instead of speculation?
Nope.

Won't work. Let me cite some history from my area of expertise, the JFK assassination.

The assassin of JFK, Lee Harvey was shot and killed by Jack Ruby two days after Oswald assassinated Kennedy. He was buried on 11/25/63 in Rosehill Cemetary. Oswald's body was then exhumed in the early 1980s to verify it was truly Oswald in that grave and not an Oswald double, as some critics, specifically one Michael Eddowes, charged. The determination by experts was that, yes, it was Oswald.

http://www.hourofthetime.com/1-LF/No...vey_Oswald.pdf

That did NOTHING to quell that line of argument. Conspiracy theorists simply utilized the exhumation report, and some new decade-after-the-fact recollections by Oswald's embalmer to come up with new, inventive reasons to argue the report was wrong, and it really wasn't Oswald's body, and the Norton report was a coverup.

Some JFK conspiracy theorists are now calling for JFK's body to be exhumed so we can verify what wounds he suffered.

Guess what will happen there? Based on history, conspiracy theorists will fail to accept any report that says there was only one shot to the head, from behind, and will instead quote-mine the new report to argue that the body examined isn't JFK's... it's somebody else's!

And in fact, a conspiracy theorist named Robert Morningstar has already argued for something similar - that a Dallas policeman that Oswald shot and killed that day in Dallas - J.D.Tippit - was actually the subject of the JFK autopsy. That is, Tippit was purposely murdered by conspirators to give them a body that wasn't JFK's that wouldn't reveal to the autopsists that JFK was shot from multiple directions.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=17710

So why would we expect anything different from a new investigation into the WTC attack?

History already tells us the likely result: critics won't accept anything they disagree it, "Rubberstamp" charges will be heard, and the new report will simply be used as fodder for new arguments.

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 03:29 PM   #271
HSienzant
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post

Excellent analogy.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 5th April 2016, 04:14 PM   #272
Axxman300
Philosopher

Anybody can start a new investigation tomorrow morning if they really wanted to do so.

Some of the WTC material is still around, the WTC complex is open for business, and the FDNY and NYPD unions can help set up interviews with the men and women who were there.

There are hundreds (?) of engineering firms out there who can run computer simulations for you at a reasonable fee. With them you can run every scenario possible and impossible and check the results.

Anybody can do this. The true conspiracy is to revealed when one asks this question:

With all of the money A&ETruth has raised over the years, they could have run 5 or 6 quality investigations...so why haven't they done so?

It's been 15 years, enough time to earn a couple of PhDs in physics, engineering, and other cool things. If Truthers were serious about answers they would go out and get them, and not hang out on the internet misrepresenting other people's hard work. Truthers are not serious.

To me, evaluating the collapses of any of the 3 WTC buildings would make a worthwhile Masters thesis for a structural engineering student. Why not make your obsession with 9-11 pay off with a good paying (inside) job?

I can think of three engineers who did their homework on the Twin Towers, Osama bin Laden, Khalid Sheikh Mohamed, and Mohamed Atta, and they got results which makes them more productive and honest than Truthers.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 04:38 PM   #273
Animal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Ummmmmm,.... no. Just no.

While this metaphor is not new, it bears repeating;

You FF, are firmly in that second camp.

Once collapse initiation began, collapse progression was inevitable and there was nothing going to stop it. Everything that happened after collapse initiation is simply a product of the chaos of collapse. What maters then, really the only thing that matters is what initiated the collapse.

And we certainly do not need to discuss things that did not happen in the collapse progression phase, like lateral ejection of building components. The situation gets confused enough without bringing in stuff that didn't happen.
I believe that is my copyrighted metaphor
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 04:43 PM   #274
Animal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
A building is only as strong as the connections, parts that hold it together, FF, take those away and the building becomes a set of disunited parts, connections can not be made perfect and welds and bolts are never as strong as the steel they join.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps9boa0cws.jpg
Not to mention that all those parts come with their own flaws, over torquing, under torquing, variance from specifications, damage etc which changes ever so slightly their load carrying capacity (high and lower) which makes it impossible to model in a computer accurately.

It is easy to design in a computer model.....everything is per spec......in real life not so much, hence the "factor of safety built into structural design.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2016, 04:44 PM   #275
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Animal View Post
I believe that is my copyrighted metaphor
Bill him for royalties.

(Or - presuming that "royal' is not PC in the US - what is the US word - "Presidenties" ??? )

Last edited by ozeco41; 5th April 2016 at 04:48 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2016, 03:07 AM   #276
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

A very long time ago I created this simple graphic to explain collapse progression. In the intervening years I've not come across any real need to modify it.

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2016, 05:01 AM   #277
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
A very long time ago I created this simple graphic to explain collapse progression. In the intervening years I've not come across any real need to modify it.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...c3b098ae34.jpg
I like the graphic... and notable is the disintegration of the upper portion "innards" before it descends. #4 #5 are the "beginning" of ROOSD... the so called "initiation".

Note that many believe that the facade buckled from load redistribution from the core. Your #5 (which I think is correct) suggests that the facade was not carrying redistributed OOS floor loads at all locations. The IB of the SE is explained by loss of bracing perhaps or something related to a local collapse of the floor system.
Old 6th April 2016, 01:38 PM   #278
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

ozeco, JSO, you two were among the most contributory to the task I had in mind for the thread. Would you mind critiquing the latest (and possibly last) revision above (post 263), please.

gumboot, I love the graphic though. Mind If I repost the last revision of my summary and include your graphic?

The plan of mine is to simply link to it anytime a truther asks what we/I believe happened.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 6th April 2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 6th April 2016, 02:48 PM   #279
ozeco41
Philosopher

ozeco, JSO, you two were among the most contributory to the task I had in mind for the thread. Would you mind critiquing the latest (and possibly last) revision above (post 263), please.
Will do - saw the post. Time constraints in RL.

gumboot, I love the graphic though. Mind If I repost the last revision of my summary and include your graphic?

The plan of mine is to simply link to it anytime a truther asks what we/I believe happened.
Take care - it is a good overall summary BUT if anyone reads detail into it the way JSO did in a recent comment - the sequence is not quite right. (e.g. probably the main issue I would watch - tilt came before drop)
Old 6th April 2016, 03:38 PM   #280
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Will do - saw the post. Time constraints in RL.

Take care - it is a good overall summary BUT if anyone reads detail into it the way JSO did in a recent comment - the sequence is not quite right. (e.g. probably the main issue I would watch - tilt came before drop)
I would caption it.

"This graphic, by poster "gumboot", illustrates some of the features described in this summary."

I mean, really, it's a graphic.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 6th April 2016 at 03:42 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories