IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th April 2016, 04:08 PM   #321
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

So what do you think happened to the building contents?
How were they pulverised and 'ejected'?
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:19 PM   #322
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
I am willing to say I haven't seen a picture of an intact desk or computer or phone.

So, to FF, if there isn't amy photo showing such items:

What is the significance?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:31 PM   #323
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Really? I'm positive that skeptics have shown pictures of partial collapses.

Where is a link to a credible source that supports your claim that, "Math and years of engineering knowledge shows that once the collapse begins there's no stopping it"?
figured out how many thousands of people need to be involved in your conspiracy yet not say one word all these years later?
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:32 PM   #324
pgimeno
Illuminator

OK.

Don't you think there should still be more images of at least partially intact office furnishings? I mean we're talking about two 110 story office buildings.
Identifiable? Probably not. That was a mess of mud. I failed to recognize the chair at first, and it's one of the least covered with mud or columns or such. You don't know what you should expect things to look like in that mess.

I remember witnesses reporting seeing all these things, though.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:38 PM   #325
FalseFlag
Banned

I will not guess what the answer is to that question. That is why we need an investigation. We need real experts to perform a real investigation to get the answer to that question.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:39 PM   #326
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
Identifiable? Probably not. That was a mess of mud. I failed to recognize the chair at first, and it's one of the least covered with mud or columns or such. You don't know what you should expect things to look like in that mess.

I remember witnesses reporting seeing all these things, though.
That's odd, because I remember people commenting on the opposite. If you show a video to support your claim, I will show you a video supporting mine.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:40 PM   #327
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
figured out how many thousands of people need to be involved in your conspiracy yet not say one word all these years later?
This argument is irrelevant. The complexity of a task is not proof it can't be done.

The Manhattan project was kept secret. Over 100,000 people worked on it.

The moon landings were an extremely complex achievement. Are you saying we didn't land on the moon because it was difficult?
Old 7th April 2016, 04:43 PM   #328
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

This argument is irrelevant. The complexity of a task is not proof it can't be done.

The moon landings were an extremely complex achievement. Are you saying we didn't land on the moon because it was difficult?
Fact is, 9/11 was simple. That's why it worked so well.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:43 PM   #329
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I am willing to say I haven't seen a picture of an intact desk or computer or phone.

So, to FF, if there isn't amy photo showing such items:

What is the significance?
What forces can explain such massive destruction? Does it really make sense that a gravity driven collapse pulverized and ejected so much concrete and office furnishings? When a concrete building collapses due to an earthquake, do we see such massive pulverization, or are there still recognizable objects?

Here's where it gets good. Now skeptics are going to claim that an earthquake collapse of a concrete building is different. Yes, it is. But so are collapses from verinage, and the collapses of Ronan Point and Skyline Towers.

LOL.
Old 7th April 2016, 04:46 PM   #330
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Fact is, 9/11 was simple. That's why it worked so well.
OK. It was simple.

How does the official story explain the motions observed during the collapses?
Old 7th April 2016, 04:46 PM   #331
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

What forces can explain such massive destruction?

What do you think explains it better?

Don't be shy................

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 04:48 PM   #332
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

OK. It was simple.

How does the official story explain the motions observed during the collapses?
Gravity and physical interaction between structural members and mass. .

Old 7th April 2016, 05:11 PM   #333
FalseFlag
Banned

I am not an expert. We need experts to do a real investigation to determine the answers to the questions we are all asking.
Old 7th April 2016, 05:12 PM   #334
FalseFlag
Banned

Gravity and physical interaction between structural members and mass. .
No. We already know there was no investigation into the collapse (after initiation) of WTC1 and WTC2. If there was no official investigation then there is no official explanation. The explanation you give is your own opinion. The explanation anyone gives is nothing more than a guess or opinion. Without a real investigation by experts, the answers will be nothing more than guesses.
Old 7th April 2016, 05:17 PM   #335
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I am not an expert. We need experts to do a real investigation to determine the answers to the questions we are all asking.
Who's "We all"?

No. We already know there was no investigation into the collapse (after initiation) of WTC1 and WTC2. If there was no official investigation then there is no official explanation. The explanation you give is your own opinion. The explanation anyone gives is nothing more than a guess or opinion. Without a real investigation by experts, the answers will be nothing more than guesses.
You're wrong. There have been models done to show enough energy for collapse.

Old 7th April 2016, 05:33 PM   #336
FalseFlag
Banned

Who's "We all"?

You're wrong. There have been models done to show enough energy for collapse.
I asked a question in another thread. I won't ask it again here in order to avoid duplicating the discussion.
Old 7th April 2016, 05:52 PM   #337
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DGM

Funny; a few comments back you were basically saying not to trust experts! And now you want an expert investigation into why the rubble ended up as it did? THAT should really get widespread support!
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 06:54 PM   #338
Woody-
Thinker

Just look up fresh kills 9/11 images.
Woody- is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2016, 10:58 PM   #339
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

You're right. The steel was not turned to dust. There is no argument there.

I am now asking a question. What explains why everything else was pulverized?
What makes you think everything else was pulverised? Please provide proof of a nature that you yourself would accept if it were you asking for evidence.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 01:24 AM   #340
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

I will not guess what the answer is to that question. That is why we need an investigation. We need real experts to perform a real investigation to get the answer to that question.
But real experts have investigated. You reject their reports and conclusions.
Who should the new set of 'real' experts be?
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 01:26 AM   #341
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

But the Russians new all about the Manhattan project while it was supposedly still secret. 'Whistleblowers' told them.
Old 8th April 2016, 01:27 AM   #342
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe explosives were attached to every item in the offices.
Old 8th April 2016, 02:07 AM   #343
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

If you want to claim you're correct, shouldn't you be able to provide a link to a credible source that supports your claims?
Sorry, but I don't know of any credible sources that are written for morons. If it isn't obvious that falling a thousand feet and getting crushed between slabs of falling concrete at the bottom will pulverise most things, then what is?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 04:16 AM   #344
Gamolon
Master Poster

But real experts have investigated. You reject their reports and conclusions.
Who should the new set of 'real' experts be?
That's easy.

Photos of dust covering everything + no photos of crushed, but still discernible office contents = everything but the structural steel was pulverized.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 04:55 AM   #345
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

What forces can explain such massive destruction? Does it really make sense that a gravity driven collapse pulverized and ejected so much concrete and office furnishings? When a concrete building collapses due to an earthquake, do we see such massive pulverization, or are there still recognizable objects?

Here's where it gets good. Now skeptics are going to claim that an earthquake collapse of a concrete building is different. Yes, it is. But so are collapses from verinage, and the collapses of Ronan Point and Skyline Towers.

LOL.
None of that answers my question.
If there are no photos of mundane office contents, why is that significant?

Try addressing this without asking another question.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 05:21 AM   #346
NoahFence
Banned

I am not an expert. We need experts to do a real investigation to determine the answers to the questions we are all idiots are asking.
FTFY
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 05:33 AM   #347
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I have done the investigation, I know the answers, that's why I am not interested in doing further experiments to debunk morons like Cole.

He has no multi stage fire in his sulfidication experiment.

He hasn't tried building a real thermite cutter, that will function in a real fire.

He hasn't experimented with the chemistry of the fires to determine reaction induced by said chemistry.

He hasn't done experiments with real welds and real bolts and connections similar to what were in the buildings.

I have done in my back yard, on my farm all those things, Why can't Jonathan Cole, an engineer with an engineering degree do one freaking experiment right?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2016, 03:16 PM   #348
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Since I wrote my last post, I learned that, surprisingly, I can move on monday already, which means I will be totally busy for a few days

So ... no promises, but I'll come back to this!
No problem. Get to it when you get to it.
Old 8th April 2016, 03:19 PM   #349
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
None of that answers my question.
If there are no photos of mundane office contents, why is that significant?

Try addressing this without asking another question.
Also might ask, since FF hasn't apparently seen my post yet, that he address this issue with respect to the nature of the thread title.
The purpose was to come up with an easy to digest, easy to read, summary of the collapses of the towers. In that light, what does the final condition of the office contents suggest should be added to that summary?
Old 8th April 2016, 05:54 PM   #350
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

List of names and why they are "experts"

ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2016, 02:15 AM   #351
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
List of names and why they are "experts"

People who agree with him?
Old 9th April 2016, 04:01 AM   #352
JSanderO
Illuminator

https://www.facebook.com/15619226874...4105127537191/

Last edited by JSanderO; 9th April 2016 at 04:43 AM.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2016, 02:49 PM   #353
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

That is why we need an investigation.

Feel free to return to this thread and discuss your ideas on how you would want such an investigation to be constituted.
Old 9th April 2016, 04:38 PM   #354
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Sorry, but I don't know of any credible sources that are written for morons. If it isn't obvious that falling a thousand feet and getting crushed between slabs of falling concrete at the bottom will pulverise most things, then what is?

Dave
Show me slabs of intact, or semi-intact, concrete in the rubble pile.
Old 9th April 2016, 04:41 PM   #355
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Feel free to return to this thread and discuss your ideas on how you would want such an investigation to be constituted.
I am not an expert. Experts need to discuss the issues and come to a solution. The discussion should be open and transparent. The experts should be vetted and shown to have as few ties to the government as possible.

One person can't solve the issue.

Let's start the process, and then solve the issues as they arise.
Old 9th April 2016, 04:54 PM   #356
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Show me slabs of intact, or semi-intact, concrete in the rubble pile.
Once again, 5 seconds on Google and look,...

You should really try it sometime. Its amazing what you can come up with when you don't have to rely on others to do all of your thinking for you.

I am not an expert.
Really?

Quote:
Experts need to discuss the issues and come to a solution. The discussion should be open and transparent. The experts should be vetted and shown to have as few ties to the government as possible.

One person can't solve the issue.
The above is all done and done. I ask again, investigate what and why and be precise if that is possible.

Let's start the process, and then solve the issues as they arise.[/quote]

Last edited by Mark F; 9th April 2016 at 04:57 PM.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2016, 05:07 PM   #357
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
You should really try it sometime.
Two 110 story buildings collapsed and you have provided one picture of one concrete slab that appears to be about 30' x 20'. What floor did this slab come from?

I have to give you partial credit, because you did sort of complete the task.

Here's the problem. Shouldn't there be more concrete slabs if you want to argue that the falling concrete floors were responsible for crushing the office furnishings?

Last edited by FalseFlag; 9th April 2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 9th April 2016, 05:31 PM   #358
JSanderO
Illuminator

Two 110 story buildings collapsed and you have provided one picture of one concrete slab that appears to be about 30' x 20'. What floor did this slab come from?

Here's the problem. Shouldn't there be more concrete slabs if you want to argue that the falling concrete floors were responsible for crushing the office furnishings?
This question doesn't need to be answered. 350,000 tons of materials came down in a 1 acre vertical avalanche and you want to know how many large chunks of slabs there were? Why?

FF Nothing will satisfy you... you are the skeptical one who refuses to accept that the record of evidence does not support a CD...

No one has to prove a thing to you. You need to use critical thinking. You don't need experts... a new investigation will produce a similar conclusion though it could model a different sequence of mechanical destruction. You don't understand physics so you don't believe your eyes.

You will likely never change your mind because it is informed by irrational beliefs.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2016, 05:38 PM   #359
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
You don't need experts... a new investigation will produce a similar conclusion .
Support a new one so that you can prove me wrong.
Old 9th April 2016, 05:43 PM   #360
NoahFence
Banned

Take it up with the cameraman.

Do you think the entirety of the WTC site is in that shot?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories