IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags richard gage

Old 30th April 2016, 08:51 AM   #41
Peter May
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
Ok, this is obviously your opinion.

If it turns out not to be a lie would you expect Richard Gage to inform people of the cancellation?
Can I assure you it is not a lie.
Peter May is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 08:55 AM   #42
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peter May View Post
I believe you. But of course I would say that...

After falseflat tracks it down, I suspect that he will accept that the OP was true in terms of the authenticity of the email that you received, but that the Essex Fire Department was lying to YOU!!! One just has to ramp up the suspicion to the next level.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 09:00 AM   #43
Peter May
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Playing Games View Post
Seems as if you're the only one who thinks the OP is a lie. Typical truther behavior.
Thank you for the kind sentiments, they are well deserved
Peter May is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 09:15 AM   #44
Peter May
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I believe you. But of course I would say that...

After falseflat tracks it down, I suspect that he will accept that the OP was true in terms of the authenticity of the email that you received, but that the Essex Fire Department was lying to YOU!!! One just has to ramp up the suspicion to the next level.
It is consouling to be believed and supported by ones peers. Although I have lied about many things, this is much too important to be a lied about!

Last edited by Peter May; 30th April 2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 30th April 2016, 09:49 AM   #45
Spanx
Master Poster

To be honest, I can't think of any reason why you would need to lie.

I guess the only way FF will believe the event has been cancelled is when Mr Gage announces it. Rather like a dog waiting for a treat.

Last edited by Spanx; 30th April 2016 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Added 't on can
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 09:55 AM   #46
Peter May
Graduate Poster

It is consouling to be believed and supported by ones peers. Although I have lied about many things, this is much too important to be a lied about!
/home/peter/Pictures/Screenshot from 2016-04-30 18:41:29.png
Old 30th April 2016, 10:24 AM   #47
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
Looks like you are right. May 2 is a Friday in 2014. It cannot be a Friday again within 5 years of that date.
Looks like? Well, there's also the fact that tomorrow, Sunday, is May 1st, so May 3rd will be Tuesday.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 10:31 AM   #48
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Why?

It's easier if the OP just posts the email.

It's amazing how quickly all of you come to the defense of a fellow skeptic.
I posted your emails.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 11:00 AM   #49
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
You do realise that this link is about the London meeting referred to in the OP?
Yes, I do. That's why I said that this group must not have received a similar email, or they ignored it.

What proof do you have that the meeting on the 3rd has been cancelled?
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 11:03 AM   #50
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
I posted your emails.
Where? Do I need special "skeptic" glasses to see them? I think the correct term for what you skeptics wear is "blinders".
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 11:04 AM   #51
Spanx
Master Poster

What proof do you have that it hasn't ?
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 11:04 AM   #52
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Ape of Good Hope View Post
Remember, FF:
If what I think does not matter then why do you keep wasting your time responding to my posts?
Old 30th April 2016, 11:07 AM   #53
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
What proof do you have that it hasn't ?
The OP made a claim. He should provide a screenshot of the emails to prove his story is true.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:08 AM   #54
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

If what I think does not matter then why do you keep wasting your time responding to my posts?
Did you try emailing or phoning yourself?

Were you able to open what I believe is a screen capture by May? If so, what did you think?

Satisfied? Or shall we go on, and on, and on?

Last edited by Giordano; 30th April 2016 at 11:09 AM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 11:09 AM   #55
Spanx
Master Poster

The OP made a claim. He should provide a screenshot of the emails to prove his story is true.
Or, as others have suggested you could find out for yourself. Why not contact Richard or ask YouTube?
Old 30th April 2016, 11:11 AM   #56
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Yes, I do. That's why I said that this group must not have received a similar email, or they ignored it.

Why not just wait to the 3rd and see if it happens? You could email the contact in the OP.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 11:12 AM   #57
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Your posts have a certain demanding tone to them. It seems to be a commonality in multiple threads. and appears to reflect certain excessive expectations as to what other people "owe" to the 911 Truthers "who are only asking questions."
Old 30th April 2016, 11:17 AM   #58
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Where? Do I need special "skeptic" glasses to see them? I think the correct term for what you skeptics wear is "blinders".
Perhaps true- my general default is to begin by believing people are not lying to me if they have no reason to do so, unless and until I discover some fact that makes me question their veracity. I find that generally works okay. But next time that I meet someone and they introduce themselves as Jason, I wlil demand a picture ID (though of course that could be part of some even larger conspiracy, right? CIA?).
Old 30th April 2016, 11:18 AM   #59
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Were you able to open what I believe is a screen capture by May? If so, what did you think?

Satisfied? Or shall we go on, and on, and on?
What screen shot?
Old 30th April 2016, 11:18 AM   #60
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Because it is fun. And perhaps there is a tiny chance that the responses will get you to re-examine your viewpoints?
Old 30th April 2016, 11:18 AM   #61
Peter May
Graduate Poster

I'm afraid my PC skills are limited, the very best I can do is to copy and paste the remainder of Mr. Richardsons email to me.
Peter May
Dear Mr.Richardson In and email seeking support for AE911 Architects and Engi...

26 apr. (4 dagar sedan) four days ago Swedish.

Adrian Richardson

29 apr. (1 dag sedan)

till mig (to me)

Dear Richard,

We too had reservations, so we have decided to cancel the event.

Regards,

Adrian Richardson
Station Officer
Operations Directorate
Essex County Fire & Rescue Service
Headquarters Kelvedon Park,
Rivenhall, Witham, Essex. CM8 3HB

Tel : 01376 576361

Edited by Agatha:  Removed mobile number; please be careful about sharing personal contact information of other people

E-mail: Adrian.richardson@essex-fire.gov.uk

Sent: 26 April 2016 16:44
To: Adrian Richardson
Subject: Mr. Richards Gage

Doing more than we ever have done to make Essex safer.

http://www.essex-fire.gov.uk

This Email/or Fax may contain personal and confidential information and as such may be protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. It is intended only for the addressee indicated. Do not copy or send it to anyone else or use it in any way unless you are authorised to do so otherwise you may be acting unlawfully. If you have received this email/or Fax by mistake, please ignore it and E-Mail/ or Fax a reply to advise the sender immediately. Copyright in this E-Mail/ or Fax either belongs to Essex Fire Authority or such use has been approved by the Copyright holder.

If this additional information does not suffice, it must be then a simple matter
of sending this copy to Adrian Richardson who I am sure will reply to your
query. I am quite sure he will be able to validate the authenticity of the content.

Remember, in the film No Country for old men, the anti hero tells his victim.
"This is the best deal your gonna get", moments before he shoots him.

The determined conspiracy theorist will never be deterred by anything as trivial as the truth.
PM 2016

Last edited by Agatha; 30th April 2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:21 AM   #62
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

If I were you, I would look through the details of the "email" correspondence posted in the OP. I bet that you can find some suspicious details as to its format, typography, or other specifics that you can use to support your suspicions. Under no circumstances just email the Essex Fire Department- that would be much less fun.

Have you ever played "Where's Waldo"? You might enjoy that too.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:23 AM   #63
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

What screen shot?
He posted a .png. But as I stated, I don't know if this is a screen shot or not- I cannot open it in my browser. Just email the Essex people directly- as explained and demonstrated here multiple times, a screen shot is not the way to verify the email, if that is indeed what you wish.

You do realize that emails are free, right?

Last edited by Giordano; 30th April 2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:46 AM   #64
Peter May
Graduate Poster

What screen shot?
Please take a look at my post No. 62. my operating system is Abuntu and
may not be compatible with all MS requirements.

Take it, or leave it. That's the best I can do. Make me a liar!

Last edited by Peter May; 30th April 2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 30th April 2016, 12:06 PM   #65
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

What I find beyond bizarre is that anyone should care whether this silly little meeting of a few firemen goes ahead or not, or whether some prat speaks at it or not. On the scale of things of any importance, this ranks alongside last years toe-nail clippings.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 12:26 PM   #66
Peter May
Graduate Poster

What I find beyond bizarre is that anyone should care whether this silly little meeting of a few firemen goes ahead or not, or whether some prat speaks at it or not. On the scale of things of any importance, this ranks alongside last years toe-nail clippings.
Is this meant to conclude the thread?

Last edited by Agatha; 30th April 2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: fix quote tags
Old 30th April 2016, 12:41 PM   #67
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

+1

Unless May 4th's nail clipping event gets cancelled, too
Old 30th April 2016, 12:42 PM   #68
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Indeed not. I have emailed the organisers of the London meeting next week with a similar set of questions as you posed to the Essex brigade. I'll post their response when it comes. If it hasn't arrived before Tuesday, I'll ring them.

When I said that this thing was seriously unimportant, I meant it, but if some conspiracy theorists want to make it important then we'll have to deal with their crap in the way we deal with all the rest of their crap. It's just that we shouldn't have to.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.

Last edited by MikeG; 30th April 2016 at 01:29 PM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 12:46 PM   #69
waypastvne
Muse

I have emailed the organisers of the London meeting

Did you get a screen shot of the email ?
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 12:50 PM   #70
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
I request a YouTube video of him taking that screen shot, or I'll call shenanigans.
And don't forget the spooky music track!
Old 30th April 2016, 12:51 PM   #71
NoahFence
Banned

I'll be needing the IP address, MAC address and OS of the computer that will be taking the screen shot.

Thank you.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 12:54 PM   #72
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Luckily, I know you're joking. And I couldn't give two hoots whether a conspiracy theorist believes me or not. Which is lots of words for "no".
Old 30th April 2016, 01:05 PM   #73
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Because I think the OP is a lie. Prove he sent the email, and prove the response is as he claims.
I'll have to read the responses from others but if you don't believe him how is his posting something that is formatted in the same way as an email going to prove to you that it was an email?
Are you not really suspicious enough to then consider it spoofed?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 01:19 PM   #74
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I request a YouTube video of him taking that screen shot, or I'll call shenanigans.
And don't forget the spooky music track!
We will also need the YouTube account information along with the original source file.

Come to think of it, we need the identity of the trusted person actually taking the video.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 01:21 PM   #75
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

FF's suspicion is so very ridiculous. All that need be done is wait less than a week. If Gage does in fact deliver both speeches then the OP could be in question.

Why not just wait FF, why choose to go down a path to prove yourself foolish? (Yet again)
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2016, 01:54 PM   #76
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Oh no, I just realized what the game is here.

FF cannot respond to the OP on topic so he simply derails it with the inane position that he doubts the veracity of the OP.
Prove you just now came to this conclusion......

Post the video of the experiment.............

Old 30th April 2016, 02:14 PM   #77
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Prove you just now came to this conclusion......

Post the video of the experiment.............

I'll write myself an email
Old 30th April 2016, 03:02 PM   #78
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

So.......where can someone find the serious "truther" issues? Not AE 9/11, they have not updated their act in years. I've seen Gage do his act twice and have met him in person. Don't believe me? Ask him.

Old 30th April 2016, 03:04 PM   #79
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

........ you have no problem defending an obvious lie........
What is the lie? It isn't obvious to me.
Old 30th April 2016, 03:08 PM   #80
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

What is the lie? It isn't obvious to me.
You're getting confused about terminology. "An obvious lie" doesn't, in this context, mean "something everyone can see isn't true"; it means "something FalseFlag doesn't want to believe." Easy mistake to make if you're sane.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories