IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags richard gage

Old 3rd May 2016, 11:31 AM   #161
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
You sure? It's 6pm ish.....

I've no idea what occurred in Witham today. I was too busy digging holes.
Dang I just can't keep it straight. Why I was adding 10 hours I don't know.
Still, he was to have delivered it by now.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:36 AM   #162
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

You sure? It's 6pm ish.....

I've no idea what occurred in Witham today. I was too busy digging holes.
I am certain that you know to stop when you reach the bottom, right? Not everyone knows that.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:44 AM   #163
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Dang I just can't keep it straight. Why I was adding 10 hours I don't know.
Still, he was to have delivered it by now.
Well, it's been a gorgeous day here in East Anglia, so I hope he has taken the opportunity offered by a day off to enjoy some of the delights of the area. Maybe he took a stroll around Lavenham, or visited Constable country, and hopefully he is sitting in an ancient timber-framed pub right now, having a pint of decent locally brewed real ale. If he's really stuck for something to do, I could get him to check the calculations for my foundations. I mean, he is a structural engineer, isn't he?
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:17 PM   #164
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Well?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg How's the Eclipse.jpg (77.4 KB, 42 views)
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 01:17 PM   #165
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Does anyone here really expect FF to post anything? Because, I don't.

...snip...
Edited by jsfisher:  Edited for compliance with Rule 12 of the Membership Agreement.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong

Last edited by jsfisher; 5th May 2016 at 05:16 PM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 01:51 PM   #166
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Well, it's been a gorgeous day here in East Anglia, so I hope he has taken the opportunity offered by a day off to enjoy some of the delights of the area. Maybe he took a stroll around Lavenham, or visited Constable country, and hopefully he is sitting in an ancient timber-framed pub right now, having a pint of decent locally brewed real ale. If he's really stuck for something to do, I could get him to check the calculations for my foundations. I mean, he is a structural engineer, isn't he?
Unfortunately no, he is a shopping mall architect.
That is to say he designed strip malls, and my first sentence should be in past tense.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:18 PM   #167
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post

..snip...
Edited by jsfisher:  Moderated content redacted.

Actually I expect him to continue to post even with first-hand evidence that the meeting was not held. As he himself has said, that is not what interests him. He may well continue with, "Why didn't anyone post the screen capture of the email in the OP?'

It went on and on like this for pages and pages on the NYC firefighters transcripts thread.

Last edited by jsfisher; 5th May 2016 at 05:17 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 05:30 PM   #168
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Actually I expect him to continue to post even with first-hand evidence that the meeting was not held. As he himself has said, that is not what interests him. He may well continue with, "Why didn't anyone post the screen capture of the email in the OP?'

It went on and on like this for pages and pages on the NYC firefighters transcripts thread.
That's what I expect too.
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:47 PM   #169
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Falseflag- just curious if you've had an opportunity to email the conference organizers yet as to if the talk is canceled or not. You haven't actually stated as much one way or another. Obviously if you have it would be silly to continue to suggest that you should.

Drive-by poster has...... driven by!

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:57 PM   #170
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post

..snip...
Edited by jsfisher:  Moderated content redacted and response to same removed.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by jsfisher; 5th May 2016 at 05:18 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2016, 12:55 AM   #171
Spanx
Master Poster

Is there any updates on these events ? Have uk fire fighters signed up ?
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2016, 08:13 AM   #172
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
Is there any updates on these events ? Have uk fire fighters signed up ?

Ditto me.............

Compus
Old 29th May 2016, 02:57 AM   #173
Spanx
Master Poster

Originally Posted by CompusMentus View Post
Ditto me.............

Compus
It must have been a good result for AE911 truth
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2016, 02:11 AM   #174
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

I was bored, so...

First, a quick recap of Gage's UK itinerary laid out in the AE911 newsletter Oystein linked to on page one:

Originally Posted by AE911 newsletter
On Tuesday, May 3, we’ll be speaking at the Eastern Branch of the Institution of Fire Engineers in Essex. Then, on Wednesday, May 4, we’ll be speaking to the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers and the Fire Sector Federation in London. We are honored and delighted that these prestigious professional associations have invited us.

We will then be speaking in London on Saturday, May 7, at the Bloomsbury Conference, which is a four-hour event open to the public. The gathering will conclude with a screening of the one-hour version of Firefighters Architects Engineers: Expose 9/11 Myths.

MAY 3rd

I can't find any mention anywhere concerning the May 3rd seminar. It seems safe to assume it was indeed a dead duck. No mention of the event occurring on the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service's (regularly updated) facebook page. Nothing in local press, no pictures/write-up anywhere. Can't find any mention (before or after) on 9/11 truth sites/forums.

May 4th

(the AE911 description makes it look like there's two different seminars on the 4th, but it's actually just the one)

This seminar went ahead, albeit with a change of venue from 'The Houses of Parliament' to The Institution of Civil Engineers. There's no mention of the seminar from the Institution of Civil Engineers or The Fire Sector Federation, but The Institute of Fire Prevention Officers listed it on both their website and facebook page (in a detailed bulletin) and their facebook page also had several updates as the event approached.

I emailed The IFPO last week, asking about the seminar, and got a reply:

Quote:
Hi ******

The Richard Gage Seminar did go ahead and there were approximately 65
attendees.

Kind regards.

Mel Horlock
Secretary of the IFPO

Apart from being the only organisation on Gage's itinerary to actually mention their seminar before it occured, the IFPO are also the only organisation to mention it after it occured, in an interesting little post from May 5th:

Originally Posted by IFPO facebook
Thanks to all who attended yesterdays presentation. Perhaps not totally what we expecting initially, but interesting none the less! Lively debate is the best way of describing the Q & A.................!

Make of that what you will

[CT mode]

The relative 'buzz' for the May 4th seminar on the IFPA facebook page led me to wonder if an IFPA truther might be involved in setting it up and keeping it on the radar as the date approached: while the initial event description is 'signed' by IFPO EC Chairman Ian Shakespeare, There's a comment immediately below it from IFPO member Martin Bainbridge, saying:

"If you would like to request a security letter to attend the 9/11 presentation, please email secretary@ifpo.org.uk. Successful applicants will be sent an email with attached locked security letter"

He's also posted some Truthy stuff with links to the AE911Truth 'Free Fallin' video on his facebook page, and I'd speculate he's possibly the "Martin who got it all together", mentioned in the post following the seminar.

[/CT mode]

May 7th

The '9/11 Powder Keg' event was reasonably well promoted on UK CT sites in advance. The AE911 Facebook page was updated with blurb for the event, along with a dedicated page for it. Reinvestigate 9/11 endorsed and listed the Bloomsbury event, and it was also trailed in advance on several UK truth sites and forums. A downloadable flyer was widely circulated in the twoofosphere:

But, as with the seminar(s), there's a dearth of post-event reports beyond the odd facebook comment from one of the truther faithful. I did find three photos of the event from an attendee's twitter feed

A few empty pews, considering it's a big truth event with multiple speakers in central London:

CONCLUDING OBSERVATION

They came, they did something-or-other, they went.

You'd think there would at least be an AE911 update saying "thanks to all who attended", and/or apologising for the seminar on the 3rd being cancelled. but no follow-up mentions of any of the May events are to be found on the websites, facebook pages or twitter feeds of AE911, Richard Gage, Rethink 911, Reinvestigate 9/11, Niels Harrit, or any of the other speakers at the Bloomsbury event.

To a cynic it might appear that 99% of the exercise is for AE911 to maintain a perceived continuum of purposeful-looking upcoming events, to reassure the petition signer and the donation-giver that all is well. In this context it doesn't matter if an event is poorly organised, badly promoted, poorly attended, cancelled, and/or not followed up with 'post-match' reports.

What's important is that AE911 maintain the appearance of always having important stuff about to happen.

Last edited by Agatha; 1st June 2016 at 02:01 AM. Reason: shrink page-stretchy pictures
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2016, 03:03 AM   #175
JSanderO
Illuminator

Last Fall I believe there was a "debate" at NJIT, an engineering school in Newark. I attended wondering how prepared the people who would engage Gage would be. Turned out to be not very... The theme was mostly set up to be a defense of NIST whilst Gage and Szamboti took their pot shots. As few were obviously familiar with the issues... they managed to not take many blows.

The event was set up by a faculty member who is clearly a truther and who made no effort to get anyone informed to represent the anti truth side. In speaking afterwards with the department head and a couple of the engineering professors who attended... they made it clear that they were not impressed by AE's pitch... but not motivated to do much about it. I suppose they thought (guess) it would amount to a hill of beans. The event was attended by several dyed in the wool truthers. Nothing new was presented by AE... the same tired false arguments shrouded in junk science.

They need these sorts of "events" to demonstrate to their fans that they are getting the message out and to the yet to be swayed to pay.... that they are a serious organization who can appear at universities on the same stage with engineers and other professionals. I don't recall if Gage did is pre and post debate vote about how many minds were changed.

It's all about PR... that is very obvious.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2016, 03:08 PM   #176
Richard the G
Critical Thinker

I read on AV Danzer web site that AV Group’s Health & Safety expert James Kelly was been invited to the Houses of Parliament by the Institute of Fire Prevention Offices (IFPO) on 4th May to join a group which is looking at lessons from the 9/11 tragedy in New York.

As an IFPO member and ex-Royal Navy James is amongst a small group of UK experts invited to attend the event which will include fire prevention officers, emergency responders, MP’s and Peers

So is that the talk that happened in London. And does ae911truth have the Royal Navy on their side now.?
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories