IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags comic strips , nwo kitty , stripgenerator

Old 3rd May 2007, 11:00 AM   #321
Overman
Master Poster

I agree...Should be in the CT forum.
Overman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:01 PM   #322
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:33 PM   #323
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Okay Stew, now you've gone too far!
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:39 PM   #324
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Old 3rd May 2007, 12:52 PM   #325
chran
Muse

Dylan finds love

chran is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 01:05 PM   #326
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Based on a true (rather than troo) story....The Sock Chronicles:

Old 3rd May 2007, 01:55 PM   #327
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by bob_kark View Post
Awesome!!

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 01:57 PM   #328
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Sorry, THIS one is awesome!

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 02:22 PM   #329
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Old 3rd May 2007, 02:58 PM   #330
chran
Muse

chran is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 03:31 PM   #331
Pardalis
Banned

Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 03:55 PM   #332
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 04:46 PM   #333
Pardalis
Banned

Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2007, 07:41 PM   #334
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Old 4th May 2007, 04:55 AM   #335
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Old 4th May 2007, 05:15 AM   #336
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Get dis back in conspiracy theories!
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 05:54 AM   #337
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Old 4th May 2007, 07:15 AM   #338
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

I have a suggestion for this thread that I would like you to consider seriously.

These cartoons are brilliant - really funny. I think they should be collated.

I would like you to consider the option of gathering them all, and creating a book. The proceeds from this book would go to help the victims of 911.

Now, there are several reasons for my suggestion.
- The cartoons are good enough to deserve wider readership, and the ability to read it offline. (I would love a copy on my desk, and it could encourage wider discussion of the issues around 911)
- It has been difficult to classify this thread, and wherever we (mods) move it has produced dissent.
- Some of the cartoons are difficult to make moderation decisions about, since we do not want to fall into censorship, yet we need to maintain the standards set for the forum.
- If these were to be collated into a book, they should not be left visible here on the web, as sales will improve dramatically when contents are not freely available to the public. This helps the mod team, and helps ensure that more people purchase the book, generating more income for the cause.

So, why not give this some thought? Set a deadline for submissions for the first edition, and find a volunteer to collate them for publishing.
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 07:47 AM   #339
Pardalis
Banned

There might be copyright problems with the drawings themselves, they might be the property of the site that is hosting them.

http://stripgenerator.com
Old 4th May 2007, 07:59 AM   #340
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

I thought this had been resolved earlier in the thread? I'll need to go back through it and find out when I have a chance.
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 08:28 AM   #341
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chillzero View Post
I thought this had been resolved earlier in the thread? I'll need to go back through it and find out when I have a chance.
http://stripgenerator.com/tos/
Quote:
10.CONTENT SUBMITTED Stripgenerator does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your Stripgenerator Blog Site. By submitting Content to Stripgenerator for inclusion on your Stripgenerator Blog Site, you grant Stripgenerator a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Blog Site on Stripgenerator's Internet properties. This license exists only for as long as you continue to be a Stripgenerator customer and shall be terminated at the time your Blog Site is terminated. You acknowledge that Stripgenerator does not pre-screen Content, but that Stripgenerator and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Stripgenerator and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
http://stripgenerator.com/about/
Quote:
Contact us for commercial stuff
In case of emergency or if you want to get some information regarding using stripgenerator commercially, please contact us on these addresses:
3fs d.o.o.
Kidričeva 53
4000 Kranj
Slovenia, European Union
www.thirdframestudios.com
andraz@thirdframestudios.com
So far stripgenerator.com application has been used in some very successful projects, like for BAR TV reality show and for using it for political online cartoon creation for a known newspaper in USA.
It's definitely doable.
Old 4th May 2007, 08:29 AM   #342
Pardalis
Banned

My bad.
Old 4th May 2007, 10:45 AM   #343
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Old 4th May 2007, 10:56 AM   #344
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
In terms of copyright, it is, but the problem is that most of the comics are a little esoteric for general consumption. Such a project would require a lengthy introduction explaining what prompted the creation of the comics. I imagine it would go something like this:

Quote:

In 2006, a strange battle began to brew between the members of two very different internet forums. On one side was the forum for the James Randi Educational Foundation, devoted to skepticism, science, and critical thinking in general. On the other side, the forum for the low-budget conspiracy flick, "Loose Change", devoted to the idea that the story of the 9/11 attacks wasn't interesting enough as it was, so a new narrative needed to be inserted in its place. Just what that narrative is, is anybody's guess...
It would then go on to explain some of the background people/events that inspired the comics.

Old 4th May 2007, 11:02 AM   #345
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Old 4th May 2007, 11:06 AM   #346
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
In terms of copyright, it is, but the problem is that most of the comics are a little esoteric for general consumption. Such a project would require a lengthy introduction explaining what prompted the creation of the comics. I imagine it would go something like this:

It would then go on to explain some of the background people/events that inspired the comics.
Yes, and I also imagine many strips would have to be evaluated from a legal standpoint. For instance, every time "JREF" is referenced...
Old 4th May 2007, 11:21 AM   #347
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Skimming through the thread, a lot of the strips are generic enough to be consumed by a wider audience (provided they have some awareness of CTs) Most of them are no more arcane than the stuff lampooned on South Park. I think even your Apprentice series, aggle-rithm, is generic enough for the most part.

If we trimmed out the inside jokes or provided context where a strip is too good to pass up, there's still a lot of material there.
Old 4th May 2007, 11:52 AM   #348
chran
Muse

Old 4th May 2007, 11:55 AM   #349
tsg
Philosopher

Just my $.02 ...

I don't follow the CT threads because I just don't have the patience, but I find these cartoons hilarious. Some context on who the characters are might help.

In the beginning there was nothing. And the Lord said "Let There Be Light!" And still there was nothing, but at least now you could see it.
tsg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 12:22 PM   #350
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Hm....What about creating a series of characters ourself, from scratch, and re-worke the stuff with our own non-scriptgenerator stuff? I was thinking starting out with an invite-only yahoo-group for filesharing etc.

I personally think it could work (even if I'm not the most hilarious of the writers here).......
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 12:40 PM   #351
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Hooray! Welcome back!
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 12:57 PM   #352
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Mighty victory!

Anyway...

Maybe this could tie in with the comments DR was making about us getting "mainstream"?

The proposal...

We assemble a list of common CTs, and refute them using comics, instead of detail scientific data.

The idea is to demonstrate how ridiculously stupid the CT notions are.

This is essentially poisoning the well as we will be encouraging the general populace to reject 9/11 CTs outright by making mockery of the most ridiculous ones.

This is a logical fallacy, but it is also highly effective.

Links can be provided in a glossary for specific and detailed debunkings, as well as cites to where the claims are made.

Additionally, I propose the NWO Kitty scenario is assembled into a big long series, which is inter-dispersed throughout the book.

Perhaps it can begin by introducing the over-arching "NWO/Illuminati/Zionist/Mason" CT that has been around for centuries.

It could begin with a brief history of the various versions of the NWO CTs (using more comics?), finally ending with the current version, introducing the MIBs and NWO Kitty.

Then from there we move into the specific claims, and respond with specific cartoons. But also including NWO Kitty episodes as we trot along.

I propose a title or packaging for the book that promotes the NWO angle as much as the 9/11 angle.

Recent things like "The Da Vinci Code" make this a sensible marketing ploy. Also interest in this sort of world-controlling CT is universal.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 12:58 PM   #353
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Worked for South Park.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 01:22 PM   #354
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
I think even your Apprentice series, aggle-rithm, is generic enough for the most part.
I show them to my wife, and she says, "I don't get it."

Old 4th May 2007, 01:23 PM   #355
Pipirr
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
We assemble a list of common CTs, and refute them using comics, instead of detail scientific data.
Great idea.

Especially as some of the common CTers are so vague and obtuse about what their pet theory actually is. I remember wading through post after post from TS about dustifcation, before he finally said it was caused by beam weapons.

A three frame pictorial shortcut would have saved so much time.
Pipirr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 01:33 PM   #356
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Maybe we could use the "Who's Who in 9/11 Truth" thread bios for our dramatis personae.
Old 4th May 2007, 01:40 PM   #357
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

The centuries-spanning NWO, and their evil plan to continually oppress our rights...

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 01:53 PM   #358
Pardalis
Banned

Old 4th May 2007, 01:56 PM   #359
tsg
Philosopher

My attempt at teh funny.

In the beginning there was nothing. And the Lord said "Let There Be Light!" And still there was nothing, but at least now you could see it.
tsg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 02:02 PM   #360
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories