ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , Mary Trump , presidential candidates , Trump controversies

Old 4th September 2020, 07:36 PM   #441
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
"You posted a twitter thread without rigorously fact-checking it first? That's just not done! How dare you! We have standards!"
You're over-egging the pudding... again

At the very least I expect the person posting a link to ANY claimed source (Twitter or not) to at least make an attempt to verify its authenticity... for mine, that is a bare minimum standard in any discourse, no matter how light hearted you might think the discussion is!

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 08:34 PM   #442
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

related to Mary Trump...

Mary Trump, President Donald Trump's niece, filed a lawsuit Thursday accusing the President and his siblings of committing fraud in order to deprive her of her interests in the family real-estate empire built by Fred Trump Sr.

(She had had a deal previously, but apparently thanks to reporting from the NY Times, she thinks that the deal was unfair because Trump and his siblings undervalued certain properties.)

I have no idea if this will go anywhere, but I do like to see Trump having to deal with these little legal problems.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 08:36 PM   #443
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

might just be a way to have more Discovery of the Trump finance morass.
Old 24th September 2020, 11:10 PM   #444
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I hope he and what's left of his siblings have to pay through the nose.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 07:51 AM   #445
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
might just be a way to have more Discovery of the Trump finance morass.
I'd like to know if there's a statute of limitations on civil actions. Even if Mary Trump just discovered the fraud, it actually happened almost 40 years ago.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics