ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th September 2020, 11:41 AM   #1
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Facebook discriminates against Republican views

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/polit...uad/index.html

I mean, you can't even post a picture of yourself with a rifle and pictures of members of Congress. They'd never censor a democratic congressional candidate like this....
Old 4th September 2020, 12:38 PM   #2
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

The sad part about this is it brings right-wing Trump voters out in droves.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2020, 01:07 PM   #3
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

See, they didn't censor Obama when he... er... eh... uhm... drones?
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2020, 01:17 PM   #4
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
See, they didn't censor Obama when he... er... eh... uhm... drones?
Benghazi.
Old 4th September 2020, 07:36 PM   #5
Donal
Illuminator

They censored his real birth certificate
Old 4th September 2020, 10:40 PM   #6
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

How dare they remove that when they allowed Barack HUSSEIN Obama to order DIJON mustard and wear a TAN suit without criticism on facebook?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2020, 08:10 AM   #7
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Benghazi.
Vince Foster!

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 08:27 AM   #8
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/polit...uad/index.html

I mean, you can't even post a picture of yourself with a rifle and pictures of members of Congress. They'd never censor a democratic congressional candidate like this....
Gee, why EVER would they not want people to post death threats against Congressmembers...
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 12:23 PM   #9
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
Gee, why EVER would they not want people to post death threats against Congressmembers...
haven't you made such threats against a standing President? Like him or not, it's still TREASON.
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 12:32 PM   #10
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
haven't you made such threats against a standing President? Like him or not, it's still TREASON.
Well, maybe not treason, but definitely Illegal, and certainly juvenile. Also not cool to talk about killing any political figure nowadays. We had some Yahoo running into a pizza parlor with a rifle in DC not so long ago
Old 6th September 2020, 12:33 PM   #11
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

haven't you made such threats against a standing President?
Christian Progressive isn't a candidate for Congress though

Like him or not, it's still TREASON.
No, it isn't TREASON.

I suggest you educate yourself about what TREASON is in the USA before loosely bandying about words that you clearly do not understand the meaning of.

You can start here...

https://www.nytimes.com/1861/01/25/a...ed-states.html

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 6th September 2020 at 12:34 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 12:37 PM   #12
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Christian Progressive isn't a candidate for Congress though

No, it isn't TREASON.

I suggest you educate yourself about what TREASON is in the USA before loosely bandying about words that you clearly do not understand the meaning of.

You can start here...

https://www.nytimes.com/1861/01/25/a...ed-states.html
Treason is treason. He made the threats
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 12:42 PM   #13
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Is this a joke? Because I can't see how this is treason.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 12:52 PM   #14
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Is this a joke? Because I can't see how this is treason.
Death threats against a standing President should be and are treason.
Old 6th September 2020, 12:57 PM   #15
Boudicca90
Thinker

Death threats against a standing president is just politics, and justified in this case.

I've heard far worse about Obama for far less reason from the right (and he was a centrist!), so any concern you might try to show is bull.

Nothing wrong with it.
Boudicca90 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 01:01 PM   #16
rockysmith76
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Boudicca90 View Post
Death threats against a standing president is just politics, and justified in this case.

I've heard far worse about Obama for far less reason from the right (and he was a centrist!), so any concern you might try to show is bull.

Nothing wrong with it.
Its treason and illegal regardless of your dislike for a particular politician
Old 6th September 2020, 01:34 PM   #17
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Wrong!

Wrong again

Its treason and illegal regardless of your dislike for a particular politician
Wrong again

Since you clearly ignored the educational link I posted for you, here is what it said
By Section 110 of Article III. of the Constitution of the United States, it is declared that:

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open Court. The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason."
Did you see that it says only? The word "ONLY" in a document excludes ALL OTHER ACTS (unless specifically declared)

only in levying war against them
only in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Making a death threat against anyone, including the sitting president of the USA is illegal, but it is NOT, repeat NOT treason! No amount of bleating from you about what you think it should be will change the facts.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 6th September 2020 at 01:35 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 04:21 PM   #18
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Wrong!

Wrong again

Wrong again

Since you clearly ignored the educational link I posted for you, here is what it said
By Section 110 of Article III. of the Constitution of the United States, it is declared that:

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open Court. The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason."
Did you see that it says only? The word "ONLY" in a document excludes ALL OTHER ACTS (unless specifically declared)

only in levying war against them
only in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Making a death threat against anyone, including the sitting president of the USA is illegal, but it is NOT, repeat NOT treason! No amount of bleating from you about what you think it should be will change the facts.
Stop confusing the issue with facts. Facts are unimportant in a post fact world where what we want to believe is so much more relevant.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 05:46 PM   #19
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Calling for the removal, arrest, trial, and punishment of the Usurper as the law requires is NOT making a death threat. And you cannot be said to have committed Treason for oppposing a Treasonous Usurper.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2020, 05:51 PM   #20
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

That's not treason.
Old 6th September 2020, 05:54 PM   #21
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

What it should be and what it is are two different things. It's definitely illegal. But it's not treason.
Old 6th September 2020, 06:07 PM   #22
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

"Should be" and "are" are two completely different claims.

ETA: Ninja'd

Last edited by Minoosh; 6th September 2020 at 06:08 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2020, 01:17 AM   #23
Lurch
Graduate Poster

To Trumpers, making a threat against Drumpf is 'TREASON', warranting the death penalty. But Drumpf's causing needless death by the tens of thousands due to his utter incompetence and vileness? Give him 4 more years to kill more people!

I've said it before. A pimple-faced, fast food joint burger flipper is held to a far higher standard than is this POSOTUS. Madness.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2020, 01:31 AM   #24
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

How much assistance to get their message out do Republicans need?

Sounds to me Conservatives are hurting themselves by constantly asking for special treatment.
Old 7th September 2020, 05:59 AM   #25
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
How much assistance to get their message out do Republicans need?

Sounds to me Conservatives are hurting themselves by constantly asking for special treatment.
They can't lose in this situation though. Either they get to spread their lies and poison unhindered or they get even MORE visibility decrying "censorship" when media platorms (rightly) silence their garbage.l

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics