ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jack Burkman , Jacob Wohl

Old 5th August 2020, 04:26 PM   #201
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Even goldfish are capable of pattern recognition.
Old 6th August 2020, 12:59 PM   #202
lomiller
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Well, that was her first mistake.
No, it wasn't.

Quote:
Corrigan’s appointment at USAID has been under fire for months over anti-gay tweets she made in 2019 and 2020, including accusing the United States of being a “homo-empire” devoted to a “tyrannical LGBT agenda,” tweeting that “female empowerment is a civilizational calamity,” and advocating for the creation of a “Christian patriarchy.”
Old 6th August 2020, 04:54 PM   #203
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by lomiller View Post
No, it wasn't.

Now you see, I can see someone saying things like that as part of political strategy. Sure, it's evil and malicious, but if you're keen on getting political power, I can see someone deciding to lean into the evil.

But dating Wohl? There's no excuse for that!
Old 6th August 2020, 05:06 PM   #204
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

No, it wasn't.
Clearly this woman had never been to an embassy party before she took this job.
Old 6th August 2020, 06:45 PM   #205
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Clearly this woman had never been to an embassy party before she took this job.
She got the job for being a trumpite bigot, not realizing there might still be a few decent people in the agency.
Oh, sorry, did I say "decent people "? Obviously that should have been "deep state".
Old 6th August 2020, 08:21 PM   #206
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

No, it wasn't.
Quote:
Corrigan’s appointment at USAID has been under fire for months over anti-gay tweets she made in 2019 and 2020, including accusing the United States of being a “homo-empire” devoted to a “tyrannical LGBT agenda,” tweeting that “female empowerment is a civilizational calamity,” and advocating for the creation of a “Christian patriarchy.”
So sort of like The Handmaid's Tale.

If she hates "female empowerment" so much why is she upset that her boyfriend was controlling her phone and sending out messages in her name? Just think of him as your "patriarch" and obey his orders.

Lol. I mean it's just hard to imagine an adult human being holding those views in 2020, but cognitive dissonance for you. Or did she imagine that "female disempowerment" would not apply to her personally? It was just something she wanted for other women than herself?

I have not much sympathy for her, even if her insane boyfriend gets her fired from her job (which she shouldn't have had in the first place in any other administration run by grown-ups).

ETA: This quote of hers is just gold:
Quote:
Due to naivete and inexperience, I became involved with people who abused my trust, conned me, and claimed they were working in my interest. I became powerless in a situation, and I deeply regret not reaching out to people who knew better, or could help me.”
Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by Puppycow; 6th August 2020 at 08:32 PM.
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2020, 07:29 AM   #207
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
She got the job for being a trumpite bigot, not realizing there might still be a few decent people in the agency.
Oh, sorry, did I say "decent people "? Obviously that should have been "deep state".
It's also a an odd place to work if you hate homosexuals. State has a thriving LGBTQ community.
Old 27th August 2020, 12:44 PM   #208
carlitos
"más divertido"

Jacob Wohl Accused of Starting a Voter Suppression Scheme. [daily beast dot com]

Quote:
Michigan state officials are investigating a voter-suppression robocall allegedly tied to blundering conservative operatives Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman.

The robocall was aimed at scaring Detroit voters away from using mail-in ballots, Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson tweeted on Thursday. Benson announced that her office and Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel would investigate the call’s origins and “seek justice” against the people behind it.

The voice on the call then lies to listeners that mail-in ballot information will be used by police to track fugitives, by credit card companies to find debtors, and by the Centers for Disease Control to “track people for mandatory vaccines.”

“Don’t be BS’ed into giving your private information to the man,” the call continues. “Stay safe and beware of vote-by-mail.”
Yeah, down with the man.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2020, 12:45 PM   #209
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Popehat thinks this won't end in the long anticipated big boy felony charge. We must continue to bide our time. My faith remains strong.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1299048841296015361
Old 27th August 2020, 02:49 PM   #210
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Jacob Wohl Accused of Starting a Voter Suppression Scheme. [daily beast dot com]

Yeah, down with the man.
Was this guy dropped on his head as a baby?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2020, 08:15 PM   #211
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post

Yeah, down with the man.
rom the article:

Quote:
“We have no connection to any such robocalls,” Burkman later wrote in an email, claiming that the call came from “a liberal group trying to embarrass us.”
Um...why? I mean, I wouldn't doubt some young punk could pull this off, much like the recent prank antifa site that had Ben Shapiro's most obvious email address embedded in it, but wouldn't any liberal group seeking to embarress Wohl and Burkman just...you know, sit back and wait a bit?
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2020, 04:29 AM   #212
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Wohl and Burkman are definitely dumb enough to not realize this is a crime until after the fact.
Old 28th August 2020, 05:11 AM   #213
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Wohl and Burkman are definitely dumb enough to not realize this is a crime until after the fact.

...if then, even.
Old 28th August 2020, 05:59 AM   #214
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
rom the article:

Um...why? I mean, I wouldn't doubt some young punk could pull this off, much like the recent prank antifa site that had Ben Shapiro's most obvious email address embedded in it, but wouldn't any liberal group seeking to embarress Wohl and Burkman just...you know, sit back and wait a bit?
Let us recall his first stunt was easily revealed when his “security company”’s phone was his Mom’s number.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2020, 09:29 AM   #215
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Just to say - if either of them had inherited a multi-million estate they could have become president!

I think they demonstrate what a Trump without money would have been.
Old 28th August 2020, 01:24 PM   #216
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

It's always weird to me when young people who have spent a large percentage of their lives seeing the influence of the Internet and social media completely ignore those lessons and expose themselves to real criminal charges.

Seriously, using phone calls to spread disinformation? Is this the 1990s? It's surprising they didn't send out flyers and earn a classic mail fraud charge...that's what a true retro millennial would have done.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2020, 02:01 PM   #217
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Punted.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2020, 03:26 PM   #218
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
It's always weird to me when young people who have spent a large percentage of their lives seeing the influence of the Internet and social media completely ignore those lessons and expose themselves to real criminal charges.

Seriously, using phone calls to spread disinformation? Is this the 1990s? It's surprising they didn't send out flyers and earn a classic mail fraud charge...that's what a true retro millennial would have done.
They wanted to send telegrams but not possible anymore.
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2020, 04:35 PM   #219
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post

They would make a great psychological study - they really do believe that they are as clever as they think they are, despite copious amounts of evidence to the contrary. The ability to maintain their over-inflated self esteem despite the objective reality that they're grade A morons has to be some kind of mutant super power.
Old 28th August 2020, 04:55 PM   #220
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

They would make a great psychological study - they really do believe that they are as clever as they think they are, despite copious amounts of evidence to the contrary. The ability to maintain their over-inflated self esteem despite the objective reality that they're grade A morons has to be some kind of mutant super power.
Indeed. The fundamental tenet of this particular stupidity is that they can actually perform these scams without spending a bunch of money. It's one thing to target the vulnerable/stupid (see every conspiracy theory grifter ever) in small numbers but if you want to target the general population you have to spend money.

For example, this stupid phone thing might have had a chance of working - legally! - by writing a push poll and hiring people to make the calls. Throw enough almost-believable hypothetical situations disguised as questions at enough people and you'll get some people that will spread them as if they're truth. But, again, this costs real money and these scammers don't have enough to pull it off.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2020, 05:12 PM   #221
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Christ... I'm just smart enough to know I'm an idiot.
Do I need my skull cracked a couple more times to be a modern Republican?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2020, 05:17 PM   #222
carlitos
"más divertido"

The ability to continually step on their own dicks is just amazing. So many individual moments are there. My personal favorite is still their badass ex Mossad security guy wearing crocs and socks in the Minneapolis snow.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2020, 05:21 PM   #223
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, give them a break! Compared to Trump's Fox interview yesterday, they're brilliant! Almost sane, even.
Old 14th September 2020, 09:16 AM   #224
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

FBI executed a search warrant on Jack Burkman's place early this morning. He is seen pacing on his stoop as the feds take boxes of documents and several computers out of the home.

https://twitter.com/BevDonahue/statu...25705518845952

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Old 14th September 2020, 09:43 AM   #225
carlitos
"más divertido"

I feel bad for the poor Feebs that have to sift through his porn stash.
Old 14th September 2020, 10:56 AM   #226
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

"Deleted tweet on FBI raid of Jack Burkman house because there's a good chance he staged this raid himself. When asked about that, he hung up."

https://twitter.com/rachelweinerwp/s...110274050?s=19

Let's wait ...
Old 14th September 2020, 11:01 AM   #227
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Given that these guys will with 100% probability commit voter fraud in November if left alone, arresting them now is the best way to protect them from themselves.
Old 14th September 2020, 11:04 AM   #228
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
"Deleted tweet on FBI raid of Jack Burkman house because there's a good chance he staged this raid himself. When asked about that, he hung up."

Let's wait ...

If it was staged, it will go on record as the best, certainly most believable, hoax they've pulled yet. At least none of the agents were wearing "FIB" jackets.
Old 14th September 2020, 11:05 AM   #229
Firestone

"Jacob Wohl Staged Fake FBI Raid on Business Partner, Actor Hired for Production Says"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-...-says?ref=wrap

Last edited by Firestone; 14th September 2020 at 11:06 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2020, 11:06 AM   #230
Firestone

If it was staged, it will go on record as the best, certainly most believable, hoax they've pulled yet. At least none of the agents were wearing "FIB" jackets.
Indeed, WAPO ran with it.
Old 14th September 2020, 11:07 AM   #231
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

Let's wait ...
DailyBeast reporting that they have a source claiming they were paid to be a fake FBI agent.

The needle is tilting back towards hoax for the millionth time with these goons.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-...roduction-says

Quote:
Tommy Abraham told The Daily Beast in an interview on Monday that the Craigslist ad offered $400 cash payments to white male actors who agreed to don FBI badges and windbreakers and film a series of scenes at Burkman’s home in Arlington, Virginia. In the pre-dawn hours of Monday morning, Abraham said that he and a handful of others who responded to the ad converged on Burkman’s home and were filmed acting out an FBI raid there. Abraham supplied documentary evidence to back up his assertions, including emails from an address bearing the name of a company Wohl once ran.
Old 14th September 2020, 01:04 PM   #232
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Gosh, I'm genuinely torn between it being a real FBI raid and it being another flopped hoax from these two. Of course, a real FBI raid would mean real consequences. Whereas another hoax is just more things on the inept hoax pile for these two.

Old 14th September 2020, 01:25 PM   #233
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Impersonating an FBI agent is a serious crime..
Old 14th September 2020, 01:35 PM   #234
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

DailyBeast reporting that they have a source claiming they were paid to be a fake FBI agent.

The needle is tilting back towards hoax for the millionth time with these goons.

So their hoax lasted about 8 hours, maybe? Isn't that actually worse than usual? It normally takes at least a day or so for the actors to rat them out. I am disappoint.
Old 14th September 2020, 01:41 PM   #235
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Impersonating an FBI agent is a serious crime..
As far as I can tell, they never represented themselves as feds to anyone in an actionable way. A bunch of actors walked out of his apartment with boxes, but I don't think they ever claimed to be feds to any member of the public in any way that would trigger a crime.
Old 14th September 2020, 01:48 PM   #236
carlitos
"más divertido"

Old 14th September 2020, 02:19 PM   #237
Galaxie
Muse

These guys are so inept, it would be entertaining to see them try to fake their own deaths.
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2020, 02:20 PM   #238
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
These guys are so inept, it would be entertaining to see them try to fake their own deaths.

I'm torn between, they would screw it up by showing up at their favorite pub the next day, or they would screw it up by actually dying.
Old 14th September 2020, 05:03 PM   #239
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I can't figure out what the point of it this is. One of them is already indicted for a federal crime. Why would anyone be surprised that the FBI served a search warrant on one of their house? If they're trying to play the, "the FBI/Deep State are harassing us," card, would it not be more effective and easier to complain about the actual indictment?
Old 14th September 2020, 05:45 PM   #240
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Their last few attempts at ineptly making fake scandals have barely made a blip on the media radar. So I assume they are going for “even negative attention is attention”.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics