ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , birtherism , donald trump , fox news , jerome corsi , Obama Conspiracies , sean hannity

Old 10th December 2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I am trying to Research the Birtherism Conspiracy theories but can't find anything.

Was the insane Birtherism Conspiracy theory ever discussed here?

Where can I find more information?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2019, 03:18 PM   #2
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Crickets, do I at least hear Crickets?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2019, 03:30 PM   #3
Rougarou
Thinker

In Google, DuckDuckGo and probably other search engines, you can type:
site:internationalskeptics.com birtherism

Here's the first link that comes up in DuckDuckGo, although I haven't looked through it:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=315146
Rougarou is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2019, 03:34 PM   #4
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Probably the best birtherism resource is found at The Fogbow, which has a section devoted to the conspiracy and the conspiracists..
Old 10th December 2019, 03:45 PM   #5
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
Probably the best birtherism resource is found at The Fogbow, which has a section devoted to the conspiracy and the conspiracists..
Thank you that does help, even though most of countering Corsi's craziness started here.
Old 10th December 2019, 03:49 PM   #6
carlitos
"más divertido"

This was the really long thread on it, as far as I can recall.

part 1

part 2

Last edited by carlitos; 10th December 2019 at 03:51 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2019, 03:54 PM   #7
crescent
Illuminator

Here's a few threads

Orly Tatiz Finds "Real Kenyan Birth Certificate"

Orly Taitz's Obama birther lawsuit laughed out of court

Orly, I had forgotten about Orly. Her 15 minutes are over now. I wonder what she's up to these days?

Obama birth certificate CT / SSN CT / Birther discussion(part 1)

Obama birth certificate CT / SSN CT / Birther discussion Part II

"Army veteran willing to lose it all over birther conspiracy"
(This fellow was from my home town.)

HUGE NEWS! FEDERAL JUDGE Carter sets Trial Date for Obama's Eligibility!!!

And the gift that keeps on giving.....
Trump a birther - Whoopee

Last edited by crescent; 10th December 2019 at 04:06 PM.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2019, 03:56 PM   #8
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Rational Wiki
Some other Wiki
Both have lots of links and citations and things.
Was that so hard?
Old 10th December 2019, 04:02 PM   #9
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Rational Wiki
Some other Wiki
Both have lots of links and citations and things.
Was that so hard?
I am Researching how Jerone Corsi and Donald J Trump, and Sean Hannity are involved. In the crazy mess I know the start of it was my screw up in 2008.
Just want the whole picture I stayed out of this discussion on Purpose for good reasons.
Old 10th December 2019, 04:48 PM   #10
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Well Corsi and Trump were both birthers. Corsi wrote books about it. I don't recall whether Hannity ever said much about it. The website World Net Daily (which Corsi wrote for) was a big promoter of the nonsense.
Old 10th December 2019, 04:55 PM   #11
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Well Corsi and Trump were both birthers. Corsi wrote books about it. I don't recall whether Hannity ever said much about it. The website World Net Daily (which Corsi wrote for) was a big promoter of the nonsense.
I know Corsi wrote the lies in ObamaNation to save his Career after he borrowed money from his Publisher, then had to pull his 9/11Book Blaming GWB for 9/11/2001, 3 days before it's publication date.
Old 11th December 2019, 12:04 PM   #12
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I'd start at infowars and world net daily.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 12:52 PM   #13
Redwood
Graduate Poster

This is good research as to how it got started and went "viral":

http://barackryphal.blogspot.com

I was interested in studying Birtherism before I was interested in Trutherism. I figured that the "Born in Kenya" trope would quickly die out. Little did I know how long it would last and morph into other things like crackpot law!
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 02:27 PM   #14
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post

I was interested in studying Birtherism before I was interested in Trutherism. I figured that the "Born in Kenya" trope would quickly die out. Little did I know how long it would last and morph into other things like crackpot law!
To think you Documented that a 9/11No Planer started Birtherism and you didn't even get to read his book blaming GWB for firing a Missle into the Pentagon and blowing up the Twin Towers and Building 7 with Thermite.
Old 11th December 2019, 02:36 PM   #15
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post

Have you looked at the 2008 Obama Nation thread here?
Old 11th December 2019, 07:54 PM   #16
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
No, what you hear is the silence of people contemplating whether they want to engage in the utter nonsense all over again. The answer is no, not really.

Myself, I trounced the fake obama birth cert nonsense over and over and over and you get the picture. What makes you think I have any interest in rehashing that same old well trodden ground? Why do I somehow have a responsibility to inform your lazy butt?

What exactly do I owe you and why? Shall I operate google for you vicariously?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 10:51 PM   #17
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Have you looked at the 2008 Obama Nation thread here?
Yes.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2019, 11:12 PM   #18
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Ask the investigators Trump send to Hawaii.
Old 12th December 2019, 03:04 AM   #19
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
No, what you hear is the silence of people contemplating whether they want to engage in the utter nonsense all over again. The answer is no, not really.

Myself, I trounced the fake obama birth cert nonsense over and over and over and you get the picture. What makes you think I have any interest in rehashing that same old well trodden ground? Why do I somehow have a responsibility to inform your lazy butt?

What exactly do I owe you and why? Shall I operate google for you vicariously?
Because your kind, and you might be Curious why I want to know.
Old 12th December 2019, 03:09 AM   #20
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Ask the investigators Trump send to Hawaii.
You mean people to dumb to realize that the Numbers on Barrack Obama's Birth Certificate correlated to 1950s Bionary IBM Punch Cards?
The people like Trump who were to dumb to understand how simple punch cards work?
The people that didn't understand that Punch Cards worked Like sex, pin in hole =Positive Input.
Ask those people that are as dumb as the person in the White House?
Old 12th December 2019, 07:01 AM   #21
carlitos
"más divertido"

Now that you have this information, what next?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2019, 07:25 AM   #22
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Because your kind, and you might be Curious why I want to know.
Why do you want to know?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2019, 07:30 AM   #23
carlitos
"más divertido"

What do you mean, "I ain't kind"?
Just not your kind
- Dave Mustaine, Peace Sells
Old 12th December 2019, 07:59 AM   #24
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Now that you have this information, what next?
I knew about the IBM cards in the 1970s when I studied early computers I am writing a book abouts Trump, Sean Hannity, and Jerone Corsi, and how they swindled and Hood winked the American People.
Old 14th December 2019, 10:59 PM   #25
Bubba
Illuminator

Here's a fun fact.

As the birth issue waned, somebody found some items by intentionally misspelling Barack as Barrack in a web search.

I recall seeing two newspaper items with the misspelling..

One was in a Kenyan newspaper celebrating their native son's success, dated back when he got elected to the U S Senate.

The other article was in the Honolulu Advertiser. "Barrack" was in town, campaigning for Tammy Duckworth. Senator Obama was quoted praising America, saying "..how great it was that both he and Duckworth could be elected to congress even though they were not born in America..."

I saw the articles the first day the researcher posted them on a forum. Both articles seemed authentic, since they were on the newspapers' websites. I double checked by going to the newspapers' sites.

The next day I went back for screenshots. Both articles were "not found", less than 24 hours after the guy posted them.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2019, 11:31 PM   #26
Hans
Philosopher

....and we should believe your anecdotes for what reason?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2019, 12:13 AM   #27
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
....and we should believe your anecdotes for what reason?
Because they are fun facts, for sufficiently diluted definitions of "fun" and "fact".
Old 15th December 2019, 01:42 AM   #28
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
The next day I went back for screenshots. Both articles were "not found", less than 24 hours after the guy posted them.

Perhaps the Mandella effect worked much more quickly in 2004.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2019, 05:42 AM   #29
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Perhaps the Mandella effect worked much more quickly in 2004.

Norm
Could It have been because they were fake news?
We know OBama's birth certificate was recorded in 1961 there is ample evidence of that.
Old 16th December 2019, 10:52 PM   #30
Bubba
Illuminator

Could It have been because they were fake news?
We know OBama's birth certificate was recorded in 1961 there is ample evidence of that.
If some joker could archive fake news at both the Honolulu and Kenyan newspapers' sites, maybe they could be faked.

Like I said, I found them at both newspapers' websites, and they were gone the next day, 24 hours or less after they were posted where I first saw them, which was on the day they were posted.

I confirmed Obama did speak with Duckworth in Honolulu.... in the form of a correction published by the Honolulu Advertiser.

Duckworth working to win
By Will HooverAdvertiser Staff Writer
CORRECTION:
A correction on this story was published on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961. A Page One story last Sunday contained incorrect information about his birthplace.

Its still there... 'Honolulu advertiser correction Obama spoke with duckworth'

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hono...w=1315&bih=574
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2019, 11:58 PM   #31
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

Chirp.... chirp... CHIRP!

This thread is mistitled. Birtherism isn't a conspiracy theory - it's a straight up lie.

To understand Birtherism you have to realize that the Deplorables have no problem with telling deliberate lies to further their cause. And they suffer no consequences for it. In fact the more they lie the better it gets for them. Now they have their own man in the White House, and the whole country is in the grip of their lies.

By labeling Birtherism a 'conspiracy theory' you give it more credit than it deserves.
Old 17th December 2019, 05:03 AM   #32
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Chirp.... chirp... CHIRP!

This thread is mistitled. Birtherism isn't a conspiracy theory - it's a straight up lie.

To understand Birtherism you have to realize that the Deplorables have no problem with telling deliberate lies to further their cause. And they suffer no consequences for it. In fact the more they lie the better it gets for them. Now they have their own man in the White House, and the whole country is in the grip of their lies.

By labeling Birtherism a 'conspiracy theory' you give it more credit than it deserves.
This. All you need to know about the Birthers is that these are people who won't accept as evidence all that was ever needed for Obama to prove his credentials to the only folks whose opinion mattered- the "short form" that was vouched for by the state of Hawaii and recognized by all the states who put him on their ballots twice, in accordance with the Constitution's "Full Faith and Credit" clause- but think some articles they saw but can't produce are evidence enough to outweigh that. Some CTs are minimally understandable in being based on at least a shred of doubt, questions that could be reasonably asked at one time; Birtherism is based on a question that never needed to be asked at all, but is still being persisted in. Even if you didn't like Obama or his politics, making yourself look like an idiot is no way to combat him or them.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 17th December 2019 at 05:53 AM. Reason: clarify
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2019, 11:21 AM   #33
Bubba
Illuminator

Right. Who was it said we believe what we want to believe?

He was quoted in Honolulu advertiser saying he was not born in America. They 'corrected' that article, without including the original quote.

His book blurb said born in Kenya. Blamed on literary agent.

His wife, in a still available video, says Kenya is his home country.

There is video of him in Kenya proclaiming how great it is to be home.

That I know of, two people born at Queens hospital the day after Obama's birthday say his certificate is different than theirs.

Loretta Fuddy, the official most likely to know if the certificate is fraudulent, is photographed in the water wearing her life vest with the other survivors, yet she drowns, and no one explains who the black capped scuba diver seen among the survivors is, and how he was able to arrive on the scene so soon.

Last edited by Bubba; 17th December 2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 17th December 2019, 04:08 PM   #34
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Right.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2019, 04:24 PM   #35
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

“Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true.” - Demosthenes
Exhibit #1:-
Quote:
He was quoted in Honolulu advertiser saying he was not born in America. They 'corrected' that article, without including the original quote.

That I know of, two people born at Queens hospital the day after Obama's birthday say his certificate is different than theirs.

Loretta Fuddy, the official most likely to know if the certificate is fraudulent, is photographed in the water wearing her life vest with the other survivors, yet she drowns, and no one explains who the black capped scuba diver seen among the survivors is, and how he was able to arrive on the scene so soon.
Old 17th December 2019, 06:35 PM   #36
Redwood
Graduate Poster

False. Please show your best evidence for your claim.

False. His book says he was born in Hawaii. A 1990 NY Times article says he was born in Hawaii. Was he planning on running for POTUS back then?

https://twitter.com/NYTArchives/stat...705344/photo/1

She doesn't say he was born there. When Ronald Reagan visited Ireland, there were "Welcome Home" signs out. But he wasn't born in Ireland.

See above.

He wasn't even born at Queens. He was born at Kapiolani Hospital. Can't Birthers ANYTHING right?

The aircraft crashed just offshore. Nobody has reported any suspicious scuba diver. Are "they" all in on it?
Old 18th December 2019, 01:09 AM   #37
Bubba
Illuminator

Quote:
QUOTE=Redwood;12927948

False. Please show your best evidence for your claim.

Already did.

Quote:
False. His book says he was born in Hawaii. A 1990 NY Times article says he was born in Hawaii. Was he planning on running for POTUS back then?

I said his book blurb, .......not his book. Google it.

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

More, and pic of the blurb:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...residency.html

Quote:
The aircraft crashed just offshore. Nobody has reported any suspicious scuba diver. Are "they" all in on it?

The diver is in these pics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Goog...w=1315&bih=574

https://accidentalpatriot4.wordpress...d-frightening/
Old 18th December 2019, 02:02 AM   #38
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Already did.

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.
There are two choices here:
1. Barack Obama was indeed born in Kenya, and the literary agent was right.
In this case, there will be supporting evidence to back this up. That this evidence was not uncovered before the election, and to this day has not been uncovered, is quite telling.
Bubba, if this is your best evidence, I would hate to see your worst. However, as you seem enamoured of this claim, perhaps you can show the supporting evidence for this claim? After all, you have expressed distrust and disdain for 'mainstream media sources'. You surely aren't going to take this at face value? Right? Show us how to escape this horrid brainwashing.
2. It was a mistake.
We know who made this mistake, and we know they have admitted it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/promotional-booklet/

Bubba, if you are going to rule out this option, you need to show how it could not have been a mistake.
Again, you'll need some evidence for this.
Better not post anything from the 'mainstream media'.
Oh, wait:

The Daily Mail.
Old 18th December 2019, 02:09 AM   #39
The Common Potato
Thinker

Here's a better fun fact - and it's true. (None of those fake news alternative facts things here.) President 44 was first elected on my 44th birthday, which was on the fourth.
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2019, 04:21 AM   #40
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Already did.

More, and pic of the blurb:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...residency.html

The diver is in these pics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Goog...w=1315&bih=574

https://accidentalpatriot4.wordpress...d-frightening/
Your problem is the birth certificate exactly matches the Encoding of IBM punch cards for a man born in 1961! That shows OBama's birth certificate was encoded on
The appropriate date by the federal government.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories