ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Reply
Old 20th August 2019, 12:47 PM   #1841
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,243
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This is why they are detectives and forensic scientists and you are not.
And yet, you completely ignore NotEvenWrong's request of you. That request wants you to justify that you know more about Forensic DNA analysis than the likes of Dr. Peter Gill.

Let me refresh you memory

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong
Vixen,
You believe Hellman was "hopelessly in way above his head". Do you also believe:

- The European Court of Human Rights was "hopelessly in way above [its] head"?
- The Italian Supreme Court was "hopelessly in way above [its] head"?
- Peter Gill, the founding father of forensic genetics was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- Bruce Budowle was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- John Douglas was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- Professor Carla Vecchiotti was "hopelessly in way above her head"?
- Professor Stefano Conti was "hopelessly in way above his head"?
- Every independent DNA expert that examined the evidence and said the evidence was flawed and Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were innocent was "hopelessly in way above his/her head"?

You can just answer yes/no to each of the above. Thanks.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 12:48 PM   #1842
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,243
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This is why they are detectives and forensic scientists and you are not.
As bent as they can be.

As bent as a nine dollar bill.

(This is offered, as it is your own level of "proof" when you have nothing else.)
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 12:55 PM   #1843
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 16,559
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
As bent as they can be.

As bent as a nine dollar bill.

(This is offered, as it is your own level of "proof" when you have nothing else.)
All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 12:56 PM   #1844
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Pretty sick behaviour after stabbing your room mate in the neck and sexually assaulting her, eh?

I should think 26 years is a doddle compared to the likely death penalty or whole life sentence in your country.

Your first paragraph is confusing me, since Knox (to whom I presume you're referring) almost certainly DID NOT "stab (her) room mate in the neck and sexually assault her" - and there's certainly not one piece of reliable, credible evidence that she participated in any way whatsoever.

On the other hand, I think Guede got a pretty long sentence (minus credit for a fast-track trial). But if you want to complain about the sentence handed down to Guede - the only killer of Meredith Kercher - then I'm afraid you're in the wrong place here.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 12:57 PM   #1845
NotEvenWrong
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 841
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As bent as bent can be.
Wow! That's a lot of corruption at every level, including several independent legal experts, independent scientists, independent courts, and independent world-renowned forensic experts. How are all of these completely independent internationally renowned courts and science experts all bent? Who is coordinating this massive international conspiracy at such an unheard of scale? Any theories??

And just for completeness: you believe the only honest individuals in this whole mess are the prosecution and those working for the prosecution, who put forth the theory Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito participated in a pagan sex murder ritual on the night (after) Halloween with a drifter and burglar they did not know (Rudy Guede)?

Last edited by NotEvenWrong; 20th August 2019 at 12:59 PM.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:00 PM   #1846
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This is why they are detectives and forensic scientists and you are not.

Where was that irony-o-meter again......?

(Hint: you may wish to educate yourself by reading one or all of: the Marasca SC verdict, the Conti-Vecchiotti Report, or the signed opinions of a whole host of proper criminal forensic scientists and DNA-typing experts. And then you might possibly learn the fatuous absurdity of your above statement. You're welcome )
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:02 PM   #1847
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,243
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.
Wow. You're angry!

You may wish to read - yet again this invitation is extended to you - the final acquittal judgment which said that all of that so-called evidence, still puts neither AK nor RS in the murder room, all that that so-called evidence proved, even if true, that they were in another part of the house at a later time.

Which. No. One. Denies.

Thus the ISC ruled that the lower court should have acquitted, and then did that for them.

This has been posted back at you ad nauseam.

Back to lurking.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:05 PM   #1848
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.


Again, you've got me confused over your employment of the term "nutter zealots" here. Because it's clear to me that you've misused the term to describe pro-acquittal/pro-innocence commentators. In fact, the term (as it applies in the context of this particular case) is the sole domain of (most) pro-guilt commentators. As any fule kno


(And I see you're still getting confused over associating Knox (the "American" in your above quote, I presume) with the murder of Meredith Kercher. Once again, I'd advise you to educate yourself by reading the Marasca SC Report, the Conti-Vecchiotti Report, and the ECHR adjudication. For comprehension.)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:07 PM   #1849
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,281
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.
Yo, Vixen, the DNA evidence PROVES your guy Guede sexually assaulted Meredith. The lack of forensic trace of anyone else in the room but Guede all but proves he was the lone killer of Meredith. I mean, it really doesn't get any easier than this.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:08 PM   #1850
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As bent as a nine-dollar bill.

Italian courts are BENT, you say???

What a searing indictment of the Italian criminal justice system! That the highest criminal court in the country can be BENT?!!!

If you're right, then Italy truly is a broken state.




(Hint: you're wrong)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:20 PM   #1851
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Yo, Vixen, the DNA evidence PROVES your guy Guede sexually assaulted Meredith. The lack of forensic trace of anyone else in the room but Guede all but proves he was the lone killer of Meredith. I mean, it really doesn't get any easier than this.

Not to mention the additional clincher that in fact every single piece of reliable, credible evidence in this case is wholly compatible with Guede as sole perpetrator.

Look: intelligent, objective commentators figured this case out literally years ago, once it was possible to obtain decent third-party disclosure of all the evidence and testimony in this case, and once it was possible to test the evidence/testimony properly for its reliability and credibility. At that point, it was abundantly and manifestly clear that every single piece of the so-called "evidence" pointing to Knox and Sollecito was in fact either highly disputable at best, and total junk at worst. Thus it became clear as day at that point that there were zero grounds even to indict Knox or Sollecito for this crime, let alone convict either of them. And at the same time, it became more and more clear that not only was Guede the only individual against whom sufficient credible, reliable evidence existed to prove his guilt BARD, but also that everything pointed towards the conclusion that he was the sole perpetrator of the assault and murder.

We all know this, and have done for several years. There is a tiny cadre of people who maintain an evangelical level of certitude of the guilt (and hence the double-heinousness of "getting away with it") of Knox and Sollecito. These people apparently either a) refuse to understand, or b) are intellectually incapable of understanding, an objective, scientific analysis of the evidence in this case, with the inevitable conclusion that must logically be reached. But you know how the proverb: you can lead a horse to water......
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:57 PM   #1852
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Fining someone for dripping melting gelato over its monuments is not as heinous as your country's practice of separating little children from their Moms and Dads and locking them up in cages.
Resorting to false equivalencies, I see.

The fine is not for 'dripping melting gelato over monuments'. It's for eating on certain streets in tourist areas of Florence. Please try to rein in the gross exaggerations. They've become a terrible habit of yours.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 02:03 PM   #1853
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Resorting to false equivalencies, I see.

The fine is not for 'dripping melting gelato over monuments'. It's for eating on certain streets in tourist areas of Florence. Please try to rein in the gross exaggerations. They've become a terrible habit of yours.


Logical fallacies, ignorance and misdirectional hyperbole? Vixen? Never!

LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 02:04 PM   #1854
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This is why they are detectives and forensic scientists and you are not.
I think that is one of the most hysterically funny things you've ever said.

1. How does a knife appear 'unnaturally clean' sitting in a kitchen drawer, Vixen? Does it sparkle like a diamond? Have a mirror like reflection?

2. Can you describe a 'normally' or 'naturally' clean knife vs an 'unnaturally' clean one?

3. What do forensic scientists have to do with the policeman declaring the knife was 'unnaturally clean' when he plucked it out of a drawer of knives on a 'hunch'?

I'm looking forward to your answers. They should be amusing. That is, if you don't pull your usual and ignore what you can't answer.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 02:09 PM   #1855
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As bent as a nine-dollar bill.
Ah, yes....that old chestnut. EVERYONE who doesn't agree with you is 'bent'. World respected forensic scientists and other experts in their fields, judges, lawyers...all dishonest. All willing to lie and put their professional careers and reputations on the line for some girl in Italy that they didn't know from Adam. You should do some reflecting on why you think that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 02:20 PM   #1856
bagels
Master Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,155
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.
Actual footage of my recent trip to Florence



It's a Carabinieri officer, you can tell by the distinctive stripe on the uniform. He shoved that can right off the waste bin and then said "You, fat American tourist, Pick up that can!" I got the heck out of there before being charged with some sort of regicide.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 02:41 PM   #1857
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This is why they are detectives and forensic scientists and you are not.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I think that is one of the most hysterically funny things you've ever said. >snip<
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All the evidence just goes 'Whooooosh!' right over the heads of nutter-zealots who can see no wrong in murder/sexual assault if the perp is an American in 'backward' Italy with its hilarious rules bullying foreign tourists who only ever wanted to enjoy ice-cream in Florence without some fascist policeman fining them.
I spoke too soon. I take back the highlighted part. That last post is the funniest thing you've ever posted.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 03:19 PM   #1858
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Actual footage of my recent trip to Florence

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...10/978/d1f.gif

It's a Carabinieri officer, you can tell by the distinctive stripe on the uniform. He shoved that can right off the waste bin and then said "You, fat American tourist, Pick up that can!" I got the heck out of there before being charged with some sort of regicide.
I can empathize. Here's a pic from my recent trip to Florence last spring. Soon after taking this pic, I was fined several hundred euros for dripping my stracciatella all over the Basilica.


Here I am being questioned:


Last edited by Stacyhs; 20th August 2019 at 03:47 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 05:23 AM   #1859
Myriad
Hyperthetical
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Posts: 15,274
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Pretty sick behaviour after stabbing your room mate in the neck and sexually assaulting her, eh?

I should think 26 years is a doddle compared to the likely death penalty or whole life sentence in your country.

Maybe in Italy 26 years is a fair penalty for doing a stretching exercise in a police station after being held there for hours after not doing anything at all to your roommate who was murdered by a local resident. But I asked about a cartwheel. Crucifixion, maybe?
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 10:20 AM   #1860
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher
 
Chris_Halkides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,446
There never was a cartwheel.
__________________
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had
happened.” – Winston Churchill
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 10:34 AM   #1861
Mr Fied
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
There never was a cartwheel.
Now you're just throwing facts into the argument for the fun of it.
Mr Fied is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 12:14 PM   #1862
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 713
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As bent as bent can be.
This post proves that in Vixen’s view innocent defendant don’t exists and the only verdict a court should ever reach is guilty. If a court finds the defendants not guilty or quashes a conviction there can never be a legitimate reason and the only possible explanation is corruption, political pressure by the masons, state department, illuminati, aliens etc. In addition, Vixen feels that there can never be legitimate reasons for experts to produce conclusions favourable to the defence and expert testimony can only be acceptable when it is favourable to the prosecution. This can be seen in Vixen’s post where experts which produced testimony favourable to the defence are all corrupt. Vixen attacks PIP posters for believing there was a conspiracy by the prosecution to frame Amanda and Raffaele but Vixen believes there was a vast conspiracy to free Amanda and Raffaele. Yet another example of hypocrisy by Vixen. Vixen accuses Hellman and experts of being corrupt whilst completely ignoring the numerous abuses committed by corrupt police/prosecutors detailed below. As far as Vixen is concerned corruption only exists when it is favourable to the defence but totally ignored when it is favourable to the prosecution.

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/raffaeles-kitchen-knife/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/contam...bwork-coverup/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/meredi...ry-corruption/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/evidence-destroyed/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/blood-...irs-apartment/

https://knoxsollecito.wordpress.com/...ele-sollecito/

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/myths.html

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4#post11071314

https://amandaknoxauguriesofinnocence.wordpress.com/
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2019, 12:38 PM   #1863
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
"Vixen attacks PIP posters for believing there was a conspiracy by the prosecution to frame Amanda and Raffaele "

I'm not one of those. I don't believe the prosecution set out to frame Knox or Sollecito. I think they actually believed they were guilty. What I do think the police and Mignini did was lie about the interrogation and were so blinded by their own belief in guilt that they failed to do a proper job of investigation. I also think they were incompetent and very bad at their jobs.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2019, 10:26 AM   #1864
bagels
Master Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,155
Attention all Guilters

http://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francis...es-other-lingo

You must now refer to Amanda Knox as a "justice-involved person."
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:14 AM   #1865
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Attention all Guilters

http://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francis...es-other-lingo

You must now refer to Amanda Knox as a "justice-involved person."
Quote:
The local officials say the new language will help change people’s views about those who commit crimes.
Um....no, it won't. This has got to be one of the silliest PC acts I've seen. It reminds me of when they started calling garbage collectors 'sanitation engineers'.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 02:42 AM   #1866
TomG
Thinker
 
TomG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"Vixen attacks PIP posters for believing there was a conspiracy by the prosecution to frame Amanda and Raffaele "

I'm not one of those. I don't believe the prosecution set out to frame Knox or Sollecito. I think they actually believed they were guilty. What I do think the police and Mignini did was lie about the interrogation and were so blinded by their own belief in guilt that they failed to do a proper job of investigation. I also think they were incompetent and very bad at their jobs.
I'm the only one as far as I know that believes Mignini knew Rudy was involved, or at least had a strong suspicion, the minute he saw the break-in. I think he'd have went with the actual break-in otherwise. I also remember being booed off the IA forum for suggesting that the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind. I still beleive these theories are sound. Thankfully we don't all conform to the same narrative.

Hoots
__________________
The pro-guilt psychology is that if you can't nail K&S with evidence, don't presume innocence, try something else.
TomG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 09:27 AM   #1867
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 16,559
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Attention all Guilters

http://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francis...es-other-lingo

You must now refer to Amanda Knox as a "justice-involved person."
Could only be in San Francisco.

"Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair".
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 09:29 AM   #1868
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 16,559
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
I'm the only one as far as I know that believes Mignini knew Rudy was involved, or at least had a strong suspicion, the minute he saw the break-in. I think he'd have went with the actual break-in otherwise. I also remember being booed off the IA forum for suggesting that the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind. I still beleive these theories are sound. Thankfully we don't all conform to the same narrative.

Hoots
Yeah, blame the victim. That's the logical progression of nutter-PIP theory.
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:02 AM   #1869
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,243
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yeah, blame the victim. That's the logical progression of nutter-PIP theory.
"Blame the victim"!???? That's what you got out of this!? What's the matter with you?

Back to lurking.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:23 AM   #1870
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
"Blame the victim"!???? That's what you got out of this!? What's the matter with you?

Back to lurking.
You've been on this forum a long time and you're still surprised by that?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:33 AM   #1871
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 16,559
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
"Blame the victim"!???? That's what you got out of this!? What's the matter with you?

Back to lurking.
Which part of:

"the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind."

is not blaming the victim?
__________________
Then let the way appear, steps unto heav'n.
All that thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n.'
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 11:03 AM   #1872
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Which part of:

"the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind."

is not blaming the victim?
No, it is not. IF it happened as described (which I do not agree with), then Guede still had the knife to Meredith's throat. I interpret it as describing why the wound was tearing instead of a clean cut. In no way is that 'blaming the victim'.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:23 PM   #1873
TomG
Thinker
 
TomG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No, it is not. IF it happened as described (which I do not agree with), then Guede still had the knife to Meredith's throat. I interpret it as describing why the wound was tearing instead of a clean cut. In no way is that 'blaming the victim'.
No, of course it's not blaming the victim, the very notion is ridiculous. It's just another viewpoint that anyone can consider on a take it or leave it basis. I don't think it can be ruled out.

Hoots
__________________
The pro-guilt psychology is that if you can't nail K&S with evidence, don't presume innocence, try something else.
TomG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:28 PM   #1874
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,243
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You've been on this forum a long time and you're still surprised by that?
I'm slow. Forgive me, I'm a draftee.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:29 PM   #1875
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,243
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Which part of:

"the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind."

is not blaming the victim?
What is the matter with you?
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:39 PM   #1876
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,792
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
What is the matter with you?
Bill, how much time ya got?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 02:12 PM   #1877
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,943
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Which part of:

"the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind."

is not blaming the victim?
No, it isn't. Why can't you figure that out?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 02:53 PM   #1878
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yeah, blame the victim. That's the logical progression of nutter-PIP theory.


I did tell you already: there's only one "side" in this debate* to which the descriptor "nutter" may correctly be applied. And it's not the "side" to which you refer above.

(Oh and if you think this counted as "victim-blaming", I think you really ought to brush up on the definition of the term.....)


* well, not a debate really because one "side" is right and has been shown to be right - a bit like the Moon landings really
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 02:57 PM   #1879
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,022
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Which part of:

"the fatal tearing wound was due to Meredith either tripping on either the rug or due to the close proximity of their feet when Rudy was holding her from behind."

is not blaming the victim?

How about: "All of it"?

Blaming the victim in this case might consist of something along the lines of "Kercher was probably leading Guede on with sexual advances". Which, to my knowledge, no member of the pro-acquittal commentator group has ever attempted to suggest. But the pro-guilt group, on the other hand............
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2019, 07:20 PM   #1880
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,281
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
What is the matter with you?
Maybe this is what happens when you spend years writing mindless, hateful rhetoric - you lose touch with reality. But this one is really bizarre because there was absolutely nothing even remotely resembling "blaming the victim". I actually thought she was declaring Guede as the victim. I put nothing past her.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.