ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags George H.W. Bush , obituaries

Old 4th December 2018, 02:53 PM   #121
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
So? Where are you going with this?
Do you really need to ask with Mondial?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 05:36 PM   #122
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Friendly Warning:

Mondial is one of this site's most active Neo Nazis. just check his posting history.
Just like him to try to hijack this thread to spread his Anti Semitic crap.
Well, we already had a poster who denies a plane hit the Pentagon, so the thread's already taken a whack.
Old 4th December 2018, 06:12 PM   #123
Ranb
Philosopher

Well, no.

I was mocking his post.
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:29 PM   #124
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
Well, no.

I was mocking his post.
I should have known you had been around long enough to know what you are dealing with in Mondial...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:31 PM   #125
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Well, we already had a poster who denies a plane hit the Pentagon, so the thread's already taken a whack.
Agreed, but a Truther is not quite as bad as a Hitler Hugger.(Not that you can't be both at the same time....)

Robert Heinlein.
Old 5th December 2018, 04:27 AM   #126
newyorkguy
Philosopher

Regardless of who posted it, the allegation that members of Mossad at least discussed assassinating George Bush comes from a book written by Victor Ostrovsky, who is not only Jewish himself but a former member of Mossad. He wrote two books about Mossad and his experiences. The first became a New York Times No. 1 bestseller in 1990. The second book contains the Bush allegation. Below is part of the passage:
Quote:
Ephraim [a Mossad officer who opposed this operation and who at this time was on the side of Mr. Ostrovsky] called me on Tuesday, October 1. I could sense from the tone of his voice that he was extremely stressed. “They’re out to kill Bush,” he said. At first, I didn’t understand what he was talking about. I thought he meant that they were going to ruin the president. ...
“What’s new about that? They’ve been out to get him for a long time.”
“I mean really kill, as in assassinate.”
“... You can’t be serious. They would never dare do something like that.”
“Don’t go naive on me now,” he said. “They’re going to do it during the Madrid peace talks.” Link
The second book was not particularly well-received, however, and critics and commentators questioned its credibility. Times review

Fodder for historians? More like a footnote!
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 11:36 AM   #127
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I don't recall interacting wit this poster, so I appreciate the collective heads up.

But my gut reaction is to never take a Mondial seriously.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 12:56 PM   #128
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

George W. Bush’s fondness for Michelle Obama was evident on Wednesday, as the grieving son snuck her what appeared to be a piece of candy at the state funeral for his father, former president George H.W. Bush.

The former president was greeting his predecessors and successors in the first row at the National Cathedral, when he removed what looked like candy from his pocket and handed it to Mrs. Obama. She smiled at the gesture.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ge...cid=st#image=1

Check out the look on Trumps face in the background
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 01:18 PM   #129
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

It seems like the media forgot that Former President Jimmy Carter and his wife are also present at the ceremony.
Old 5th December 2018, 02:00 PM   #130
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Check out the look on Trumps face in the background
I've had the tv on in the background, glancing occasionally. The camera was panning the former POTUSes. I don't think CNN was cherry-picking. One guess as to Trump's body position -- the arms crossed scowl of course.

Did Obama or the Clintons come face to face with Trump for some solemn pleasantries? With Trump's none-too-subtle suggestion that they belong in prison, just last week, I imagine that would be a-w-k-w-a-r-d.
Old 5th December 2018, 02:05 PM   #131
Stacyhs
Philosopher

The ex-presidents' club is going to be very awkward after 2020. Do you think Trump will ever attend? I don't. I don't think he'd be welcome.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 03:37 PM   #132
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

The Candy things seems to be a follow on from this

https://people.com/politics/john-mcc...ichelle-obama/

There is obviously real friendship between the Obamas and the Bushes.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 09:42 PM   #133
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

That was a genuinely marvelous funeral ceremony. A bit schmaltzy, but well within character for the man whose life was celebrated.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics