ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags domestic violence , Michael Avenatti

Reply
Old 21st July 2018, 04:03 PM   #121
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
As I've explained, Avenatti is a defendant in the secret suit but the plaintiff in the application to have the seal lifted.

What do you think you mean by "filed in the [secret] suit"? The secret suit and the ex parte application are distinct entities. In the former Avenatti is a defendant. In the latter he is the plaintiff.

I don't imagine anything will ever shake your belief in that.
No you have not explained it, you made it up and you have been continuing to assert one of the single most ridiculous arguments that I have ever seen.

To tell you how silly this argument is, Avenatti in his ex parte application repeatedly calls himself "defendant" and the other side "plaintiff."

Say, just for more giggles, what is Sarah Bechard in the ex parte application, hmmm?

Say, folks get ready to post all the laughing dogs.

(Dream thread)
__________________
Very legal and very cool!

Last edited by The Big Dog; 21st July 2018 at 04:17 PM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 04:42 PM   #122
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
The laughing dog is all you deserve.
Well I am CERTAIN that everyone likes a good laugh. Why don’t you explain in detail what was wrong with my analysis so that you were reduced to posting a laughing dog.

Get ready to get your sides split folks!
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 10:30 PM   #123
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Well I am CERTAIN that everyone likes a good laugh. Why don’t you explain in detail what was wrong with my analysis so that you were reduced to posting a laughing dog.

Get ready to get your sides split folks!
Your analysis assumes many facts not in evidence, such as what subject(s) were discussed, whether or not Cohen's attorney approved, and if Cohen was possibly seeking independent legal advice.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 11:21 PM   #124
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 39,346
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Well I am CERTAIN that everyone likes a good laugh. Why don’t you explain in detail what was wrong with my analysis so that you were reduced to posting a laughing dog.

Get ready to get your sides split folks!
Well, you're right about the first part; we certainly all like a good laugh. It's the reason we await each pseudo-revelation and innuendo with bated breath.

What's wrong with your analysis, as already mentioned above, is that you and the legal eagles you're citing don't know what was discussed, who initiated the discussion or whether Lanny approved or not.

What's wrong with your analysis is that it's based on nitpicking the finer points of the law and not the intent. The law isn't intended to prevent adults from talking with each other if they so desire. It's to prevent predatory attorneys from making an end-run around opposing attorneys by talking to the principals, who they can con into waiving their rights.

I mean, other than that? Sure, it's a great argument. I just spoke to Giuliani, though, and he says he has a tape of the conversation. "Hey, Thirsty! I was hoping I'd run into you here. Lanny says we ought to compare some notes so we don't get blindsided by the next batch of Tweets from that dickhead."
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 11:39 PM   #125
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Happy to continue:

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...34481839210496

https://twitter.com/ScottGreenfield/...04160741740544

Oh look actual lawyers agreeing with TBD's analysis

/Ah, the laughing dog, that is level of discourse I have come to expect.

BTW, I noticed that both of those tweets were posted the day before "TBD's analysis." Who is agreeing with whom?

Last edited by WilliamSeger; 22nd July 2018 at 12:42 AM.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 11:41 PM   #126
Lambchops
Muse
 
Lambchops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Norvegr
Posts: 737
Big dog? Or tiny yapping chihuahua?

You decide.
__________________
Need a good laugh? Click this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/beholdthemasterrace/
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 04:31 AM   #127
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 18,531
The big Pavlov dog, because people always keep responding
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 06:10 AM   #128
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Big dog? Or tiny yapping chihuahua?

You decide.
But he has the best words.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 06:21 AM   #129
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Your analysis assumes many facts not in evidence, such as what subject(s) were discussed, whether or not Cohen's attorney approved, and if Cohen was possibly seeking independent legal advice.
Actually the analysis is based on Avenatti’s own claims, which is that they met coincidentally and discussed among other things Cohen’s relationship with Trump which is directly at issue in at least three suits in which Cohen is a party and Avenatti represents an adverse party.
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 06:45 AM   #130
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Actually the analysis is based on Avenatti’s own claims, which is that they met coincidentally and discussed among other things Cohen’s relationship with Trump which is directly at issue in at least three suits in which Cohen is a party and Avenatti represents an adverse party.
Yawn! I love it when Trump supporters give us lectures about ethics.

What a joke.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:04 AM   #131
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Actually the analysis is based on Avenatti’s own claims, which is that they met coincidentally and discussed among other things Cohen’s relationship with Trump which is directly at issue in at least three suits in which Cohen is a party and Avenatti represents an adverse party.
Actually "TBD's analysis" is the parroted opinion of Twitter lawyers who assume facts not in evidence.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:09 AM   #132
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Actually "TBD's analysis" is the parroted opinion of Twitter lawyers who assume facts not in evidence.
Actually, I saw those posts after I generated my independently developed analysis. It was of course gratifying to see experienced lawyers agreeing with me.

The facts I rely on are set forth in Avenatti’s bragging, and in light of his extremely sketchy ethical history.

So many Avenatti fan bois.
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:14 AM   #133
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Actually, I saw those posts after I generated my independently developed analysis. It was of course gratifying to see experienced lawyers agreeing with me.

The facts I rely on are set forth in Avenatti’s bragging, and in light of his extremely sketchy ethical history.

So many Avenatti fan bois.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:28 AM   #134
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Ah, the NoahFence style waving the white flag.

Gratifying!
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:44 AM   #135
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Ah, the NoahFence style waving the white flag.

Gratifying!
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:53 AM   #136
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Actually, I saw those posts after I generated my independently developed analysis. It was of course gratifying to see experienced lawyers agreeing with me.

The facts I rely on are set forth in Avenatti’s bragging, and in light of his extremely sketchy ethical history.

So many Avenatti fan bois.
Extremely sketchy ethical history.


This from a Trump supporter. Never in my life have I encountered a sleazier, more dishonest, unethical creep as Trump. And here is one of his most avid supporters desperately trying to say that Avenatti is the unethical one.

Please please stop, you look like a fool making this argument.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 22nd July 2018 at 07:54 AM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 08:47 AM   #137
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
As usual, a reality check is needed.

Avenatti:

1. involved in sketchy bankruptcy in Fla.
2. accused of defrauding creditors
3. accused of tax fraud.
4. ethics complain filed against him.
5. bankruptcy court enters 10 million judgment against him.
6. bankruptcy court enters a TRO against him
7. moron brags about talking to a party represented by counsel.
8. Cardinals fan.

total scumbag
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 08:50 AM   #138
Garrison
Illuminator
 
Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,483
Trumps does something especially asinine, TBD drags this thread and/or the 'Hilary is Done' thread back to the top of page. Guess it beats having to address the fact you support a man who sold the US out to the Russians...
__________________
So I've started a blog about my writing. Check it out at: http://fourth-planet-problem.blogspot.com/
And my first book is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077W322FX
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 09:31 AM   #139
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
As usual, a reality check is needed.

Avenatti:

1. involved in sketchy bankruptcy in Fla.
2. accused of defrauding creditors
3. accused of tax fraud.
4. ethics complain filed against him.
5. bankruptcy court enters 10 million judgment against him.
6. bankruptcy court enters a TRO against him
7. moron brags about talking to a party represented by counsel.
8. Cardinals fan.

total scumbag

Donald Trump.
has been sued more than 3500 times.
Declared bankruptcy 6 times.
Lied in court or in depositions more than 2 dozen times.
Ran fraudulent charities
Told the American people he never settles lawsuits when in fact has settled at least 100 times.
Ran a fraudulent university cheating hundreds of students.
Committed civil rights violations in housing
Told the American people that he would release his taxes if nominated and never did.
Had affairs with multiple women and paid off porn stars and lied about it.
Accused of sexual assault and rape by almost a dozen women.
Allegedly had Russian Prostitutes put on a golden shower show.
Enriches himself and his family by violating the Emoluments clause.

And Avenatti is the scumbag? Surely ye jest. You're the kind of guy that think your fiends should be free to recklessly abuse the law, but anyone else who comes close to the margins should be strung up.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 22nd July 2018 at 09:56 AM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 02:22 AM   #140
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 39,346
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
As usual, a reality check is needed.

Avenatti:

1. involved in sketchy bankruptcy in Fla.
2. accused of defrauding creditors
3. accused of tax fraud.
4. ethics complain filed against him.
5. bankruptcy court enters 10 million judgment against him.
6. bankruptcy court enters a TRO against him
7. moron brags about talking to a party represented by counsel.
8. Cardinals fan.

total scumbag
Michael Cohen
1. illegally taped clients without their knowledge
2. scumbag
3. Passed the bar but does not practice law, but "fixing"
4. scumbag
5. friendly with Sean Hannity
6. scumbag
7. colluded with fellow attorney to scam client
8. scumbag
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 23rd July 2018 at 02:24 AM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 02:42 AM   #141
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22,290
Guys, we don't need to argue about this. They can all be scumbags.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 02:59 AM   #142
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Guys, we don't need to argue about this. They can all be scumbags.
They are attorneys. So it is sort of a given.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:51 AM   #143
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,603
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Guys, we don't need to argue about this. They can all be scumbags.
We used to say the same thing about politicians.
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:57 AM   #144
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22,290
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
We used to say the same thing about politicians.
Yes, the US does seem to have descended into extreme partisanship, where people feel the need to defend to the hilt anybody who they deem to be on their "side". It's a sad state of affairs.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 06:07 AM   #145
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Checks in.

No contradiction of my post about Michael Avenati in the Michael Avenatti thread.

No surprise
__________________
Very legal and very cool!

Last edited by The Big Dog; 23rd July 2018 at 06:09 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 06:18 AM   #146
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Checks in.

No contradiction of my post about Michael Avenati in the Michael Avenatti thread.

No surprise
What a surprise. You check your own comments and affirm your posts.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 06:27 AM   #147
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,761
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Checks in.

No contradiction of my post about Michael Avenati in the Michael Avenatti thread.

No surprise
What a surprise. They only person in this thread who really appears to care about Michael Avenatti is you.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles

Last edited by LSSBB; 23rd July 2018 at 06:35 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:16 AM   #148
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Checks in.

No contradiction of my post about Michael Avenati in the Michael Avenatti thread.

No surprise
Boring. Can't find any more "TBD analysis" on Twitter?
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:23 AM   #149
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
What a surprise. They only person in this thread who really appears to care about Michael Avenatti is you.
Yet, there are so many posts in the Michael Avenatti thread, I wonder what they are talking about, right?

(hint: 16.5)
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:32 AM   #150
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,645
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yet, there are so many posts in the Michael Avenatti thread, I wonder what they are talking about, right?

(hint: 16.5)
Why would we bother contradicting your childish name calling of Aveneti? No one here is the "fanboi" you claim we are. The only reason people bother to reply to you at all is to point out that the same things you hate Aveneti for, you seem to have no issues when Trump does. No one is dismissing your argument, you may very well be right. I think the point is, we don't care as long as he keeps exposing Trump's skeletons in his closet. I don't need to like Aveneti to respect what he's doing to Trump.

Basically, just like you, we're willing to overlook his shortcomings for the greater good. Just like you go quiet when Trump's ******** is brought up.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 23rd July 2018 at 07:34 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:47 AM   #151
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yet, there are so many posts in the Michael Avenatti thread, I wonder what they are talking about, right?

(hint: 16.5)
Most of the other threads don't have any volunteer piñatas. Step up.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:16 AM   #152
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Why would we bother contradicting your childish name calling of Aveneti? No one here is the "fanboi" you claim we are. The only reason people bother to reply to you at all is to point out that the same things you hate Aveneti for, you seem to have no issues when Trump does. No one is dismissing your argument, you may very well be right. I think the point is, we don't care as long as he keeps exposing Trump's skeletons in his closet. I don't need to like Aveneti to respect what he's doing to Trump.

Basically, just like you, we're willing to overlook his shortcomings for the greater good. Just like you go quiet when Trump's ******** is brought up.
Well said.

Avenatti is just a lawyer. He's not a Congress critter, Senator, President or in government in any way. So why should I care very much about his legal practice and business? Overall, he is irrelevant.

The only question I have about Avenatti is if the information he has been bringing to light true? TBD is suggesting because Avenatti may not be the most ethical person, we should just dismiss any and all information about the President he brings forward. Fruit of the poisonous tree so to speak. The problem with that is the information is not about just some petty criminal. No, this is about the President of the United States.

And TBD as a supporter of President Trump, he didn't seem to care that candidate Trump asked that a foreign government hack into and produce the emails of his opponent.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:18 AM   #153
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,761
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yet, there are so many posts in the Michael Avenatti thread, I wonder what they are talking about, right?

(hint: 16.5)
A lot of people rubberneck at an accident. Sometimes they laugh at the drivers involved.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:30 AM   #154
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
A lot of people rubberneck at an accident. Sometimes they laugh at the drivers involved.
"They laugh at the drivers involved."

wow.

(now what is actually funny is all the people who come into this thread and declare that they don't care about the subject of the thread.)
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:37 AM   #155
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"They laugh at the drivers involved."

wow.

(now what is actually funny is all the people who come into this thread and declare that they don't care about the subject of the thread.)
I watch both MSNBC and Stephen Colbert -- surely you don't expect people to be serious all the time?
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:37 AM   #156
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,819
This week in sleaze:

1. Avenatti violates ethics rules by talking to Cohen and openly brags about it.
2. Avenatti goes on TV program and suggests that he will represent Cohen.
3. THEN goes on twitter and demands that Cohen release everything.

protip: this ain't about Cohen, it is all about feeding Avenatti's monstrous ego.
__________________
Very legal and very cool!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:39 AM   #157
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
This week in sleaze:

1. Avenatti violates ethics rules by talking to Cohen and openly brags about it.
2. Avenatti goes on TV program and suggests that he will represent Cohen.
3. THEN goes on twitter and demands that Cohen release everything.

protip: this ain't about Cohen, it is all about feeding Avenatti's monstrous ego.
Way to go, then.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:09 AM   #158
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,645
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"They laugh at the drivers involved."

wow.

(now what is actually funny is all the people who come into this thread and declare that they don't care about the subject of the thread.)
Who said we don't care about Aveneti? I care about him in that he's releasing information that harms the president and exposes his lies. What I don't care about is how you've attempted to make this about everything Aveneti has done in his life that's shady. Maybe reading comprehension isn't working for you here so I wanted to clear this up.

I will speak only for myself, but I really do care about Aveneti. I'm glad he came around and has the sheer drive he does. I condemn the terrible things he's done, but I am able to separate the two. He's not my friend.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:34 AM   #159
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,396
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
This week in sleaze:

1. Avenatti violates ethics rules by talking to Cohen and openly brags about it.
2. Avenatti goes on TV program and suggests that he will represent Cohen.
3. THEN goes on twitter and demands that Cohen release everything.

protip: this ain't about Cohen, it is all about feeding Avenatti's monstrous ego.
Protip: Trump does more sleazy things in a day then Avenatti does in a year. Let us know when Avenatti loses his case against Trump.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:39 AM   #160
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,000
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
This week in sleaze:

1. Avenatti violates ethics rules by talking to Cohen and openly brags about it.
2. Avenatti goes on TV program and suggests that he will represent Cohen.
3. THEN goes on twitter and demands that Cohen release everything.

protip: this ain't about Cohen, it is all about feeding Avenatti's monstrous ego.
Avenatti is one little piece of Donnie's past catching up with him. Having a "monstrous ego" of a TV character on his case is kinda poetic justice, ain't it.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.