ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags domestic violence , Michael Avenatti

Old 22nd October 2018, 09:23 AM   #281
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

What is interesting is how many people accuse the "other side" of hypocrisy without criticizing the original behavior of their own fellow travelers. lets take a look:

Avenatti says something incredibly misogynistic
Deluded supporters: So does Trump.

The response is fallacious, of course, but given the fact that our correspondents have criticized trump without criticizing the actual misogny from Thirsty Avenatti, what does that make their argument?

yep, you guessed it.

And that is so, even where the supporters come right out and admit that their arguments are misogynistic, like ""She should have been flattered."
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:43 AM   #282
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Breaking, Iowa Democrats key note speaker earlier this fall, Michael Avenatti, hit by CA judge with $4.85 million personal judgment for unpaid debt to ex-colleague Jason Frank. His firm Eagan Avenatti facing possible eviction in trial today in OC.

https://twitter.com/finneganLAT/stat...13419565076486

Last edited by The Big Dog; 22nd October 2018 at 09:44 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:50 AM   #283
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
What is interesting is how many people accuse the "other side" of hypocrisy without criticizing the original behavior of their own fellow travelers.
Lots of ******** on both sides. What do you want people to say? I don't think many people here particularily like this guy.

Quote:
Avenatti says something incredibly misogynistic
Please define misogyny in your own words. The left-wingers can't do it, maybe you can.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:08 AM   #284
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump is President.
Avenatti hasn't been elected to anything, or even just endorsed .
I know the distinction is lost to some.
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:16 AM   #285
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Trump is President.
Avenatti hasn't been elected to anything, or even just endorsed .
I know the distinction is lost to some.
You do know that this thread is about Avenatti, right?

And that he is posturing himself to run for President on the Democratic slate in 2020, right?

say, if you don't feel that you can discuss him, please don't feel that you are obligated to post.

Anything about the judgment he just got hit with, or the fact his firm is falling apart?

(Every thread is not a Trump thread, golly, I know that might be a shock.)
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:28 AM   #286
Lambchops
Muse

You do know that this thread is about Avenatti, right?

And that he is posturing himself to run for President on the Democratic slate in 2020, right?

say, if you don't feel that you can discuss him, please don't feel that you are obligated to post.

Anything about the judgment he just got hit with, or the fact his firm is falling apart?

(Every thread is not a Trump thread, golly, I know that might be a shock.)
This is more than a little bit ironic, considering the fact that this thread was specifically created because you were obsessively posting about Avenatti in a thread that was not about Avenatti.

Fantastic!
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:41 AM   #287
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

What I'm trying to get across is that the President should be held to a higher standard than a celebrity lawyer.
TBD seems to disagree.
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:43 AM   #288
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Follow up:

Quote:
The judge said Avenatti must pay the money because he personally guaranteed a settlement with Jason Frank in a lawsuit over back pay.

Frank alleged the firm misstated its profits and that he was owed millions.

Avenatti, who is toying with a possible 2020 presidential run, told The Associated Press that Frank owes him and the firm $12 million “for his fraud.” He didn’t provide details.
https://apnews.com/53f6f2f316844b14bdbe24a7b80dcc7c

I do enjoy that Avenatti's response is to make up some total bull **** about the person he was ordered to pay committing fraud against Avenatti. What an actual fraud.
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:47 AM   #289
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Yep Avenatti pulled a lot of **** with his firm, quite possibly breaking the law.
Of course he has no shot at the nomination.

Which makes it all the better if he takes the heat of actual contenders.
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:47 AM   #290
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Really bad day for Avenatti... the hits just keep on coming:

Quote:
Breaking: Eagan Avenatti to be evicted from its Newport Beach offices for nonpayment of 4 months rent. Landlord wins judgment at trial in Orange County.
https://twitter.com/finneganLAT/stat...25537169391616

Hopefully skeptic will along shortly to say "But trump"
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:48 AM   #291
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Who here would vote for Avenatti in a primary against an unknown random selection from the phone book? Not me.

I don't vote for slimy ********. It wouldn't solve our current problem.

But watching him rile up the other side? Now I know why they enjoy it so much. They just ****** up and voted for the entertainment by accident. Ouch.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:03 AM   #292
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Who here would vote for Avenatti in a primary against an unknown random selection from the phone book? Not me.

I don't vote for slimy ********. It wouldn't solve our current problem.

But watching him rile up the other side? Now I know why they enjoy it so much. They just ****** up and voted for the entertainment by accident. Ouch.
You do know who the slimy ****'s "primary" targets are, right? (Pun intended)

Did you see how Thirsty went after his fellow Dems when they called him out after he tried to force himself into the Kavanaugh situation?
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:03 AM   #293
Belz...
Fiend God

You do know who the slimy ****'s "primary" targets are, right?
That sounds misandrist.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:08 AM   #294
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
That sounds misandrist.
I hear you can tell a lot about a person by the things they write and say.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:11 AM   #295
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

In July, Eagan Avenatti paid the monthly rent of $52,235, but the check bounced, according to the landlord.

hoo boy....

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...022-story.html
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:07 PM   #296
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Avenatti political star, if ever he really had one, is sinking fast.
I enjoy him giving Trump a bad time, but would never want him in the White House.
He seems a classic of the kind of guy who gives lawyers their bad reputation.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:09 PM   #297
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Yep Avenatti pulled a lot of **** with his firm, quite possibly breaking the law.
Of course he has no shot at the nomination.

Which makes it all the better if he takes the heat of actual contenders.
In the Buffyverse, Avenatti would be a prome candidate to get a job with the legal firm of Wolfram and Hart.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:16 PM   #298
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

You do know who the slimy ****'s "primary" targets are, right? (Pun intended)

Did you see how Thirsty went after his fellow Dems when they called him out after he tried to force himself into the Kavanaugh situation?
That's why you don't vote for the entertainment. Then you have to turn yourself into a pretzel when they act stupid and **** the dance floor.

Dems don't have to worry about Avenatti, he's a side show. If only the GOP were so lucky.

He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:19 PM   #299
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Notable right wing publication (lol!), The Daily Beast rips thirsty a new one:

Big Loss for Michael Avenatti as Judge Orders Him to Pay Up $4.85 Million

A day after The Daily Beast revealed that Avenatti and his former companies owe millions in unpaid taxes and judgments, a judge orders the lawyer to pay $4.85M to former colleague.
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:46 PM   #300
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

We knew about this for months.
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:48 PM   #301
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

We knew about this for months.
You knew about the two judgments that were entered today against Avenatti and his firm for "months"? Huh.
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:53 PM   #302
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

You knew about the two judgments that were entered today against Avenatti and his firm for "months"? Huh.
No, we knew he was a **** heel.

But it's funny that you people have to take him seriously because you actually voted for a **** heel. You can't grasp that most rational people would not vote for the entertainment.

Old 22nd October 2018, 12:59 PM   #303
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

No, we knew he was a **** heel.

But it's funny that you people have to take him seriously because you actually voted for a **** heel. You can't grasp that most rational people would not vote for the entertainment.
Yeah the Democrat party would never fall for that!

"Weird" how Avenatti spends the month ******** the bed and Leftists are abandoning him left and right.

"weird."
Old 22nd October 2018, 01:08 PM   #304
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I note that Avenatti tried to fraudulently remove the eviction suit to Federal Court, what a scumbag.
Old 22nd October 2018, 01:08 PM   #305
Drewbot
Philosopher

Could you point me to the Michael Cohen thread?

I think this one is done.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 01:11 PM   #306
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Could you point me to the Michael Cohen thread?

I think this one is done.
Not likely, it won't be done until Thirsty gets arrested for the SARs leaks.

then it will be #BASTA for reals

Last edited by The Big Dog; 22nd October 2018 at 01:23 PM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 01:11 PM   #307
Drewbot
Philosopher

Seriously though, what are we doing to each other?

When did we suddenly expect lawyers and politicians to NOT be scumbags?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 02:22 PM   #308
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Yeah the Democrat party would never fall for that!

"Weird" how Avenatti spends the month ******** the bed and Leftists are abandoning him left and right.

"weird."
Weird how so few people outside of GOP fever dreams have ever thought of this guy as anything other than a playful foil to the **** heel that the GOP accidentally let into office.

We didn't hitch our wagon to this "star" because all along he was just the entertainment. He gets under your skin and makes you scratch that itch, but for life of me I can't understand why you give him so much space in your head. You should be charging rent at this point.

Old 22nd October 2018, 02:30 PM   #309
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Weird how so few people outside of GOP fever dreams have ever thought of this guy as anything other than a playful foil to the **** heel that the GOP accidentally let into office.

We didn't hitch our wagon to this "star" because all along he was just the entertainment. He gets under your skin and makes you scratch that itch, but for life of me I can't understand why you give him so much space in your head. You should be charging rent at this point.
Golly, i see your confusion, you think I am the leader of the Iowa Democratic party that gave Thirsty the top billing in an event that leads up to the Iowa primaries.

Full disclosure: that wasn't me that was the leader of the Iowa Democrat Party.

Not sure how you got that so wrong, of course y'all are busy running as far and as fast away from this ******* mutt as you can. Should have listened to me earlier when I pegged this runt as a next level democrat... errr... scumbag.
Old 22nd October 2018, 05:39 PM   #310
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

We've known for months that Avenatti used dubious tactics to avoid paying a former partner. It was pretty clear that he just didn't have the money.
Hence my constant reminder that Avenatti would never be a credible candidate.

But please, keep bashing him, if it makes you feel any better.
Old 22nd October 2018, 05:56 PM   #311
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

We've known for months that Avenatti used dubious tactics to avoid paying a former partner. It was pretty clear that he just didn't have the money.
Hence my constant reminder that Avenatti would never be a credible candidate.

But please, keep bashing him, if it makes you feel any better.
weird, you think that defending based on "old news" is better?

It isn't. He got evicted TODAY; TODAY he falsely claimed that the person that he defrauded, defrauded him. He did that today.

And, yeah, I am going to continue bashing the scumbag. The keynote speaker at the Iowa democrat campaign event....
Old 22nd October 2018, 06:16 PM   #312
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I've never defended Avenatti.
TBD, this is getting eerily similar to your China Atheist thread, accusing everyone of supporting someone/something that no one does.
But please, keep attacking the target no one cares about.
Old 22nd October 2018, 06:27 PM   #313
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I've never defended Avenatti.
TBD, this is getting eerily similar to your China Atheist thread, accusing everyone of supporting someone/something that no one does.
But please, keep attacking the target no one cares about.
Hi! When you come forward and claim that actual news from today is old news that is a transparent attempt to diminish the actual breaking news about actual court judgments.

But please keep it up.
Old 22nd October 2018, 06:34 PM   #314
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

What I'm saying is that the election markets have long priced in Avenatti's legal and financial troubles and therefore dismissed him for 2020.
You are correct that on the surface, the man who delivered Cohen and as a result others to Mueller on a platter should be a hero of Democrats.
But most on the left have long seen him as the showman he is, and don't want him as politician.
Maybe it's time for Clifford to drop him, too.
Old 22nd October 2018, 06:40 PM   #315
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Clinton/Avenatti 2020!
Old 22nd October 2018, 06:45 PM   #316
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

What I'm saying is that the election markets have long priced in Avenatti's legal and financial troubles and therefore dismissed him for 2020.
You are correct that on the surface, the man who delivered Cohen and as a result others to Mueller on a platter should be a hero of Democrats.
But most on the left have long seen him as the showman he is, and don't want him as politician.
Maybe it's time for Clifford to drop him, too.
HAHAHA! Wait wait wait, wait! You are not defending Avenatti, but you are claiming that HE delivered Cohen to the Special Prosecutor who raided Cohenís office?

I am equal parts curious about how you are not defending the scumbag, while at the same time repeating his absolutely idiotic lie that he took down Cohen.

Walk us through that will ya?
Old 22nd October 2018, 06:48 PM   #317
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Clinton/Avenatti 2020!
Please focus all your attention to this ticket - only your diligent attacks can prevent these two from getting the nomination.
Don't waste time on any other possible candidate - they are decoys, obviously.
Old 22nd October 2018, 07:06 PM   #318
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Please focus all your attention to this ticket - only your diligent attacks can prevent these two from getting the nomination.
Don't waste time on any other possible candidate - they are decoys, obviously.
But Thirsty taught Mueller EVERYTHING

Hee hee!
Old 22nd October 2018, 07:08 PM   #319
Lambchops
Muse

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
This is more than a little bit ironic, considering the fact that this thread was specifically created because you were obsessively posting about Avenatti in a thread that was not about Avenatti.

Fantastic!
Lol.
Old 22nd October 2018, 07:20 PM   #320
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

Hey, I'm just following in Trump's footsteps. Insulting women=activity to be admired and respected.
That's not how = works, dammit. It is a symmetric relation.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics