ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 17th July 2018, 05:29 PM   #1
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's nickname.

Trump called a lot of his political opponents by a simple demeaning nickname. Little Marco Rubio, Lying Ted Cruz, Low Energy Jeb, Crispy Creme Christie etc. But I think it's time for everyone to call him a nickname.

I 've been trying to think of a good nickname for him. So many come to mind. Pussy Grabber, Deceitful Don, Drumpf Trump, Lying Turd or alternatively Lying POS.

But I think after his submissive obsequious performance with Putin, I've been thinking Treasonous Trump or Traitor Trump.

Any ideas? I'll put them up for a vote later.
Old 17th July 2018, 05:34 PM   #2
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
But I think after his submissive obsequious performance with Putin, I've been thinking Treasonous Trump or Traitor Trump.
I've used Traitor Trump before. My other favorite is Don the Con
Old 17th July 2018, 05:36 PM   #3
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Loser. So much losing.
Old 17th July 2018, 05:37 PM   #4
NoahFence
Banned

NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 05:41 PM   #5
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I've used Traitor Trump before. My other favorite is Don the Con
I like Don the Con.
Old 17th July 2018, 05:42 PM   #6
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I think Jefferson, the traitor elf, Sessions should really own "traitor". It's just such a lovely expression. (I have no idea who first used it.)

I'm not real big on "traitor" or "treason"; they're such old school jingoistic-sounding epithets. Treacherous works for me. "Treacherous Trump" has a nice ring to it.

I don't know why we can't go back to "Donnie the Idiot", though. Is alliteration all that important. It's also good to stick with disparaging terms that his own players have thought up. That's why "voodoo economics" stuck for so long.

Donald, He's a ******* Moron, Trump.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 05:44 PM   #7
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I wish I could claim these as my own but I saw them in another thread. Nevertheless:

Agent Orange
Benedict Donald
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 05:46 PM   #8
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Oh man. If only you guys had figured out this whole nickname thing *before* the election! Everything would have turned out differently.

Better late than never, though. I'm sure this will finally be The One Thing that takes Trump down.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 05:46 PM   #9
Stacyhs
Philosopher

In Trump's case "POTUS" stands for "Piece Of Totally Useless S***".
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 05:48 PM   #10
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I like "The Hair". He's really sensitive about it so it's good.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 05:49 PM   #11
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I vote for Agent Orange
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:04 PM   #12
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Probably "Mr. President."

Fantastic thread
Old 17th July 2018, 06:08 PM   #13
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

T. Ronald Dump
Old 17th July 2018, 06:09 PM   #14
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Probably "Mr. President."

Fantastic thread
You're gonna take issue with childish nicknames?

cool story brotato chip.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:12 PM   #15
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
You're gonna take issue with childish nicknames?

cool story brotato chip.
It's only bad if a liberal does it.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:12 PM   #16
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Putin's Poodle seems to already have some traction. Go with that.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:15 PM   #17
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Triggering Trump
Old 17th July 2018, 06:18 PM   #18
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
It's only bad if a liberal libtard does it.
FIFY.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:19 PM   #19
Scootch
Muse

Just call him Trump but change the definition of Trump mean a horrible mess up,ie-"Gosh Bob you really Trumped it up now."
Scootch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:20 PM   #20
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
It's only bad if a liberal does it.
It's bad when anyone does it. Not very bad, but at least a little bad. When progressives do it *because Trump does it*, it's slightly more bad than when Trump does it. But still not very bad.

It's also comical. Not very, but at least a little. You can appreciate that, can't you?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:27 PM   #21
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

*********** A-hole.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:32 PM   #22
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

The President of the United States?
Old 17th July 2018, 06:32 PM   #23
Distracted1
Master Poster

I use "The Trumpster". Has appeal to me because it feels like the type of nickname that comes out of the juvenile eighties and has a "frat boy" vibe ,like "the Mooch".
Further, it rhymes nicely with "dumpster" (something that fills with garbage, frequently stinks, and needs to be hauled off).

The Russia summit might rightly then be described as a "Trumpster Fire".

Edit to add, I have never been particularly fond of name-calling. Always looked at it as bad behavior that no one I could respect would engage in. Then 2016.

Last edited by Distracted1; 17th July 2018 at 06:35 PM.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:33 PM   #24
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The President of the United States?
He'll never be MY president. Ever.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:35 PM   #25
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
I use "The Trumpster". Has appeal to me because it feels like the type of nickname that comes out of the juvenile eighties and has a "frat boy" vibe ,like "the Mooch".
Further, it rhymes nicely with "dumpster" (something that fills with garbage, frequently stinks, and needs to be hauled off).

The Russia summit might rightly then be described as a "Trumpster Fire".
I like how it works on more than one level. That's pretty clever.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:35 PM   #26
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
It's bad when anyone does it. Not very bad, but at least a little bad. When progressives do it *because Trump does it*, it's slightly more bad than when Trump does it. But still not very bad.

It's also comical. Not very, but at least a little. You can appreciate that, can't you?
Hmmm. I would normally think it was childish as I thought Trump was childish when he did it.

It's clear that the childish nicknames rings a bell with a particular type of voter. So I say, why not fight fire with fire? Why not with just a simple moniker portray Trump as the dishonest Un-American traitor he proved to be?

If you have a better suggestion, then please share.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:43 PM   #27
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Howie Felterbush*

*with apologies to poster Howie Felterbush. Whatever happened to Howie?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:45 PM   #28
crescent
Master Poster

Lord Drumpf
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:50 PM   #29
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

I thought he was 'Thirsty' right?

At any rate, as silly and fun as name calling can be, it is overall not that productive. Trump has shown that it doesn't hurt politically though (unless one thinks that those inclined to vote liberal or progressive tend to also be better people in that regard). I find the best ones are those that have valid parallels. The only nicknames I regularly use in that regard are for the more earnest Trump supporters. Those are 'Royalists' or 'Redcoats'.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:52 PM   #30
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
He'll never be MY president. Ever.
Let me guess: Not an American citizen?
Old 17th July 2018, 06:52 PM   #31
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post

At any rate, as silly and fun as name calling can be, it is overall not that productive. Trump has shown that it doesn't hurt politically though (unless one thinks that those inclined to vote liberal or progressive tend to also be better people in that regard). I find the best ones are those that have valid parallels. The only nicknames I regularly use in that regard are for the more earnest Trump supporters. Those are 'Royalists' or 'Redcoats'.
More like "Loyalists" as they remain loyal to Trump no matter what he does or how he screws them over.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:55 PM   #32
Hans
Philosopher

I'd say, 'Red' Trump
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:59 PM   #33
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Let me guess: Not an American citizen?
Born and raised. But Trump will never be MY president, only THE president. I do not accept this lying POS who only got into office due to an outdated and unfair electoral system. You can kiss his *** all you want. I won't.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:59 PM   #34
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Hmmm. I would normally think it was childish as I thought Trump was childish when he did it.

It's clear that the childish nicknames rings a bell with a particular type of voter. So I say, why not fight fire with fire? Why not with just a simple moniker portray Trump as the dishonest Un-American traitor he proved to be?

If you have a better suggestion, then please share.
I think you trying beat Trump at his own game is probably the most hilariously awesome plan you could have come up with.

Far be it from me to suggest anything other than you doing your best to out-Trump Donald Mother-*********** Trump.

Though I wouldn't mind if you explained a little more about your theory of insults having weight with voters.
Old 17th July 2018, 07:01 PM   #35
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

Trump called a lot of his political opponents by a simple demeaning nickname. Little Marco Rubio, Lying Ted Cruz, Low Energy Jeb, Crispy Creme Christie etc. But I think it's time for everyone to call him a nickname.

I 've been trying to think of a good nickname for him. So many come to mind. Pussy Grabber, Deceitful Don, Drumpf Trump, Lying Turd or alternatively Lying POS.

Any ideas? I'll put them up for a vote later.
I think there's a thread from November 2016 about exactly this, but I can't find it in the forum search.

My suggestions were:
  • Herr Gropenfuhrer
  • Cheeto Benito
Old 17th July 2018, 07:06 PM   #36
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

There are so many fine, fine candidates (unlike the 2016 Republican field).

My current fave is simple, far from vulgar, yet 100% apropos: Trump Baby.

Comes with its own artwork, too.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 17th July 2018 at 07:07 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:13 PM   #37
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Herr Gropenfuhrer is pretty dang funny.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:15 PM   #38
Distracted1
Master Poster

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post

I think you might be missing a certain point WRT name calling as a tactic.
Think of the memes you might be seeing appear frequently on social media, and the Trumpsters that are forwarding them.
Are they (like the ones that I get) almost universally devoid of reasonable thought? The ones I get are.
People who would be swayed by argument are not sending them out, nor are people who would be impressed by logical comparisons between supporting Trump and supporting tyranny during the American Revolution. In fact, making a historical reference only puts one in the "elite" category, and deepens the resolve of the average Trumpster.
Names that are too cerebral, or express too much agitation (proving that their hero is "making liberals heads explode") actually work to keep the Trumpsters firmly behind their demagogue.

The best way to weaken the support of the Trumpsters is to find a way to genuinely laugh at them. They are not deep thinkers, they feel like liberals have been making their stupidity cause them to be marginalized and they enjoy that Trump makes all us "elites" feel the frustration that they feel.
Find a way to make them feel that Trump is actually making us laugh, and his support (such as it is ) disappears. They cannot tolerate embarrassment.
Old 17th July 2018, 07:16 PM   #39
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
There are so many fine, fine candidates (unlike the 2016 Republican field).

My current fave is simple, far from vulgar, yet 100% apropos: Trump Baby.

Comes with its own artwork, too.
The p to the b is suboptimal, though.
Old 17th July 2018, 07:18 PM   #40
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Let's just call him what he is: "Lying Piece of **** Traitor".

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics