ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Reply
Old 17th July 2018, 07:19 PM   #41
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,485
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I think you trying beat Trump at his own game is probably the most hilariously awesome plan you could have come up with.

Far be it from me to suggest anything other than you doing your best to out-Trump Donald Mother-*********** Trump.

Though I wouldn't mind if you explained a little more about your theory of insults having weight with voters.
Ahhh. I have no idea what actually works with voters. I can guess though however. I find it surprising that anyone voted for what was clearly a despicable dishonest person. How this turd even won a primary is beyond me. I listened to and read his speeches and was convinced he is really a very awful human being. Self centered, dishonest, sexist, racist and void of any personal integrity.

My theory about the nicknames is that it may have made some people see him as strong and dominant. The alpha dog in the pack. But swords are double edge. Tag him with an accurate nickname and another picture is created.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:21 PM   #42
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Let's just call him what he is: "Lying Piece of **** Traitor".
Creating such extreme agitation in a liberal ( to a Trumpster "liberal" is a pretty vaguely defined term ) is something they love.
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:21 PM   #43
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 30,487
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Let's just call him what he is: "Lying Piece of **** Traitor".
That at least has the ring of an honest sentiment. Much better than Distracted1's strategy of "they're so stupid that if I can find just the right insult, they won't notice how angry I am or how much I hate them".
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:21 PM   #44
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,485
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
Herr Gropenfuhrer is pretty dang funny.
It is. But I think it is a tad too cerebral.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:23 PM   #45
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 23,187
Originally Posted by Scootch View Post
Just call him Trump but change the definition of Trump mean a horrible mess up,ie-"Gosh Bob you really Trumped it up now."
In somewhat obsolete British vernacular, the verb "to trump" refers to audible farting, and it does seem appropriate to re-popularize the use of that term.

But otherwise, I think we can leave the childish nicknames and the like to the people like Trump who get a kick out of it.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:24 PM   #46
Armitage72
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,335
At one point, I referred to him as Bến Tre Trump. "I had to destroy the country in order to save it."
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:27 PM   #47
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell
 
dasmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Well past Hither, looking for Yon
Posts: 5,943
After this weekend, I'd go with "Trumpski" or "Donald Badanov"
__________________
"In times of war, we need warriors. But this isn't a war." - Phil Plaitt
dasmiller is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:29 PM   #48
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 30,107
Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
I use "The Trumpster". Has appeal to me because it feels like the type of nickname that comes out of the juvenile eighties and has a "frat boy" vibe ,like "the Mooch".
Further, it rhymes nicely with "dumpster" (something that fills with garbage, frequently stinks, and needs to be hauled off).

The Russia summit might rightly then be described as a "Trumpster Fire".

Edit to add, I have never been particularly fond of name-calling. Always looked at it as bad behavior that no one I could respect would engage in. Then 2016.
I like to stick "ster" on the end of a name. (I think it goes back to an old SNL skit where a guy keeps giving people nicknames over and over. "Hey, it's Sting. Stingster, The Sting-meister, Sting-a-reno...) I had a dog named "Pupster", and I call one of my best friends, "Hankster". So I kind of like that too. For Trump, it comes off as Insultingly affectionate.
__________________
"Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, you’ll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:32 PM   #49
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 18,858
I believe I also had my suggestions and preferences in the other thread ("Cheetoh Benito" wins for me). I usually go with The PDJT but I also like

the PAAPOTUS. (Person Acting As...)
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:33 PM   #50
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,940
Commander in chief?

Oh wait, in game of thrones she was called breaker of chains.

So, may I humbly suggest breaker of leftists?
MAGA!
__________________
Justice for Flynn!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:39 PM   #51
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
I like to stick "ster" on the end of a name. (I think it goes back to an old SNL skit where a guy keeps giving people nicknames over and over. "Hey, it's Sting. Stingster, The Sting-meister, Sting-a-reno...) I had a dog named "Pupster", and I call one of my best friends, "Hankster". So I kind of like that too. For Trump, it comes off as Insultingly affectionate.
Don't forget the wrestler Hulk Hogans' addresses to " all the little Hulksters out there ".
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.

Last edited by Distracted1; 17th July 2018 at 07:44 PM.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:40 PM   #52
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher
 
TheGoldcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Commander in chief?

Oh wait, in game of thrones she was called breaker of chains.

So, may I humbly suggest breaker of leftists?
MAGA!
I know you miss your buddy logger, but you don't seriously believe that Trump "breaks" anything.
__________________
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I'm still pretty sure that you're wrong. -Akhenaten
I sometimes think the Bible was inspired by Satan to make God look bad. And then it backfired on Him when He underestimated the stupidity of religious ideologues. -MontagK505
TheGoldcountry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:40 PM   #53
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Commander in chief?

Oh wait, in game of thrones she was called breaker of chains.

So, may I humbly suggest breaker of leftists?
MAGA!
QED
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:42 PM   #54
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher
 
TheGoldcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
I like to stick "ster" on the end of a name. (I think it goes back to an old SNL skit where a guy keeps giving people nicknames over and over. "Hey, it's Sting. Stingster, The Sting-meister, Sting-a-reno...) I had a dog named "Pupster", and I call one of my best friends, "Hankster". So I kind of like that too. For Trump, it comes off as Insultingly affectionate.
Rob Schneider. One amusing joke that was beaten to death, and somehow he STILL POPS UP ON NETFLIX.
__________________
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I'm still pretty sure that you're wrong. -Akhenaten
I sometimes think the Bible was inspired by Satan to make God look bad. And then it backfired on Him when He underestimated the stupidity of religious ideologues. -MontagK505
TheGoldcountry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:43 PM   #55
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
That at least has the ring of an honest sentiment. Much better than Distracted1's strategy of "they're so stupid that if I can find just the right insult, they won't notice how angry I am or how much I hate them".
"....how much I hate them" ? You are reading a bit too much into the argument. I don't hate a stupid person for being stupid, any more than I hate a short person for being short.
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.

Last edited by Distracted1; 17th July 2018 at 07:45 PM.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:49 PM   #56
portlandatheist
Master Poster
 
portlandatheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,927
my favorites are
Mother **********
Traitor Trump
Putin's Poodle
Orange Menace
Piece of Dog ****
portlandatheist is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:50 PM   #57
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 30,487
Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
"....how much I hate them" ? You are reading a bit too much into the argument. I don't hate a stupid person for being stupid, any more than I hate a short person for being short.
"... hate a stupid person for being stupid"? You are reading a bit too much into the argument.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:51 PM   #58
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,485
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Commander in chief?

Oh wait, in game of thrones she was called breaker of chains.

So, may I humbly suggest breaker of leftists?
MAGA!
Sorry, I think we've heard much better suggestions for our Russian traitor. Trumpski the Traitor or Putin's Poodle sound pretty good to me.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:51 PM   #59
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles
 
TragicMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Monkey
Posts: 46,713
Trump is a kakistonomen: his own name, being a representation of him, is already worse than literally anything else you could call him. Reference a bloodthirsty dictator? All of them were smarter than he is. Call him by a bodily fluid? All of those serve useful purposes. Use adjectives to imply insanity, ridiculousness, or childishness? The mentally ill aren't responsible for their actions, ridiculous people can at least be amusing, and children grow up. Every insult you can dream of would be a step up for Trump. Just call him by his own name, it's already an insult.
__________________
You added nothing to that conversation, Barbara.
TragicMonkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:56 PM   #60
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
"... hate a stupid person for being stupid"? You are reading a bit too much into the argument.
That is cryptic enough to simply ignore.
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:59 PM   #61
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 30,487
Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
That is cryptic enough to simply ignore.
Not cryptic at all. But I'll spell it out for you anyway: You don't hate Trumpsters for being stupid. You hate them for other reasons. You don't even believe they're really all that stupid. That's just an epithet you use to express your hate.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 08:02 PM   #62
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,764
Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
I think you might be missing a certain point WRT name calling as a tactic.
Think of the memes you might be seeing appear frequently on social media, and the Trumpsters that are forwarding them.
Are they (like the ones that I get) almost universally devoid of reasonable thought? The ones I get are.
People who would be swayed by argument are not sending them out, nor are people who would be impressed by logical comparisons between supporting Trump and supporting tyranny during the American Revolution. In fact, making a historical reference only puts one in the "elite" category, and deepens the resolve of the average Trumpster.
Names that are too cerebral, or express too much agitation (proving that their hero is "making liberals heads explode") actually work to keep the Trumpsters firmly behind their demagogue.

The best way to weaken the support of the Trumpsters is to find a way to genuinely laugh at them. They are not deep thinkers, they feel like liberals have been making their stupidity cause them to be marginalized and they enjoy that Trump makes all us "elites" feel the frustration that they feel.
Find a way to make them feel that Trump is actually making us laugh, and his support (such as it is ) disappears. They cannot tolerate embarrassment.
While I understand the 'know your audience' angle, and we know that in the political realm the group that has shown they respond very well to juvenile, mindless, name calling are ardent Trump supporters, I think you're falling just short of the level of 'knowing' needed there.

They don't respond well because it is mindless, nor juvenile, nor mean, nor clever, nor name-calling. They don't respond only because of the way it makes them feel. It isn't the quality of the mockery that factors in at all. Colbert, Meyers, even Kimmel and Bee are orders of magnitude better at it than anyone supporting Trump can be.

They respond that way because of who the name calling is directed at. They do so because it does feel good, to signal your group. Yes, they are 'loyalists' in that proving 'loyalty' to their tribe and virtue signaling is more important that facts, or even for many their own best interests. The more absurd the absurdity they are supporting is, the more it proves their loyalty. You will never make them feel bad about mockery, yours or their own, because the function it serves is almost entirely loyalty based for them. Even if they honestly think most people think them vile, it still isn't even on them personally, because they've rejected any meaningful implementation of the idea of personal responsibility and have abdicated their agency to their master. Good things are credited to the master. Bad things, even their own dark feelings and insecurities, are blamed on the other. They want a god-anointed king.

That is why you'll never have a nickname that does meaningful damage to Trump for the audience we know embraces meanspirited mockery in the political realm. That is why they'll never actually be the audience for such things. The audience I was addressing was those here. And make no mistake, we are engaging in it for some of the same reasons; to signal our unity on opposition to 45. The main difference is the level of importance we put on it, and other aspects like the cleverness.
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 08:03 PM   #63
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,764
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Trump is a kakistonomen: his own name, being a representation of him, is already worse than literally anything else you could call him. Reference a bloodthirsty dictator? All of them were smarter than he is. Call him by a bodily fluid? All of those serve useful purposes. Use adjectives to imply insanity, ridiculousness, or childishness? The mentally ill aren't responsible for their actions, ridiculous people can at least be amusing, and children grow up. Every insult you can dream of would be a step up for Trump. Just call him by his own name, it's already an insult.
[ /thread]
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 08:06 PM   #64
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Not cryptic at all. But I'll spell it out for you anyway: You don't hate Trumpsters for being stupid. You hate them for other reasons. You don't even believe they're really all that stupid. That's just an epithet you use to express your hate.
Thanks for clarifying. You are wrong, that could be due to frivolous use of the term "hate". But at least you took the time to explain.
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 08:12 PM   #65
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
While I understand the 'know your audience' angle, and we know that in the political realm the group that has shown they respond very well to juvenile, mindless, name calling are ardent Trump supporters, I think you're falling just short of the level of 'knowing' needed there.

They don't respond well because it is mindless, nor juvenile, nor mean, nor clever, nor name-calling. They don't respond only because of the way it makes them feel. It isn't the quality of the mockery that factors in at all. Colbert, Meyers, even Kimmel and Bee are orders of magnitude better at it than anyone supporting Trump can be.

They respond that way because of who the name calling is directed at. They do so because it does feel good, to signal your group. Yes, they are 'loyalists' in that proving 'loyalty' to their tribe and virtue signaling is more important that facts, or even for many their own best interests. The more absurd the absurdity they are supporting is, the more it proves their loyalty. You will never make them feel bad about mockery, yours or their own, because the function it serves is almost entirely loyalty based for them. Even if they honestly think most people think them vile, it still isn't even on them personally, because they've rejected any meaningful implementation of the idea of personal responsibility and have abdicated their agency to their master. Good things are credited to the master. Bad things, even their own dark feelings and insecurities, are blamed on the other. They want a god-anointed king.

That is why you'll never have a nickname that does meaningful damage to Trump for the audience we know embraces meanspirited mockery in the political realm. That is why they'll never actually be the audience for such things. The audience I was addressing was those here. And make no mistake, we are engaging in it for some of the same reasons; to signal our unity on opposition to 45. The main difference is the level of importance we put on it, and other aspects like the cleverness.
Kings that are laughed at lose the support of their subjects.
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 08:13 PM   #66
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 30,487
Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Kings that are laughed at lose the support of their subjects.
How's that been working out for you?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 08:24 PM   #67
Distracted1
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,629
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
How's that been working out for you?
I guess some indication will become apparent with the next round of polling. After the most recent debacle some evidence of a drop in Trumps support may become apparent.

For the Trumpsters, the headlines screaming "traitor" will have less impact than the ones featuring "embarrassment" in weakening that support.
__________________
The man with one watch knows what time it is, the man with two watches is never sure.
Distracted1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 08:27 PM   #68
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher
 
TheGoldcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
I guess some indication will become apparent with the next round of polling. After the most recent debacle some evidence of a drop in Trumps support may become apparent.

For the Trumpsters, the headlines screaming "traitor" will have less impact than the ones featuring "embarrassment" in weakening that support.
If your support is irrational to begin, why not double down?

I have a conservative aunt. Everything is "fake liberal media" EVEN WHEN SHE SEES IT ON LIVE TELEVISION.

Mango Mussolini has a hardcoe base of people who won't waver. I think, personally, get the kids out to vote for House seats. (By kids, I mean 18-25)
__________________
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I'm still pretty sure that you're wrong. -Akhenaten
I sometimes think the Bible was inspired by Satan to make God look bad. And then it backfired on Him when He underestimated the stupidity of religious ideologues. -MontagK505

Last edited by TheGoldcountry; 17th July 2018 at 08:31 PM.
TheGoldcountry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 09:07 PM   #69
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 22,622
Originally Posted by Scootch View Post
Just call him Trump but change the definition of Trump mean a horrible mess up,ie-"Gosh Bob you really Trumped it up now."

The word is already (I suspect) causing a great deal of angst among millions of bridge players around the world.

Let's not make it worse by making it official. With any luck this whole thing will blow over in twenty years or so.

I hope.
__________________
"It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it."
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 09:13 PM   #70
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,485
Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
I guess some indication will become apparent with the next round of polling. After the most recent debacle some evidence of a drop in Trumps support may become apparent.

For the Trumpsters, the headlines screaming "traitor" will have less impact than the ones featuring "embarrassment" in weakening that support.
Yeah. It's amazing how weak, servile and obsequious Trump was toward Putin. He really proved he was Putin's bitch. Trump is definitely the bottom in that relationship.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 09:17 PM   #71
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 19,096
POSOTUS.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 10:09 PM   #72
dadbodhisattva
New Blood
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
It is customary in Russia to add your name, appended with -ovich, as a middle name. Donald Vladimirovich Trumpski. Maybe just Trumpski for short.
dadbodhisattva is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 11:06 PM   #73
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 39,255
Lying, little, low energy, crooked, crispy Trump.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 11:18 PM   #74
Venom
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,763
Double Negative Trump

Though that's not catchy at all.

Don The Con, as mentioned earlier, is pretty good.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 11:29 PM   #75
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,618
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Commander in chief?

Oh wait, in game of thrones she was called breaker of chains.

So, may I humbly suggest breaker of leftists winds?

FTFY.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 11:32 PM   #76
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 84,287
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Commander in chief?

Oh wait, in game of thrones she was called breaker of chains.

So, may I humbly suggest breaker of leftists?
MAGA!
Little Fingers?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 11:35 PM   #77
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,017
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The President of the United States?
This president of the United States forfeited his capital "P" long ago; he no longer deserves full-size text.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 11:59 PM   #78
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 1,061
King Orangutan and the Trumpanzees - the whole lot of them fling crap around.

Not all that inventive, but the image of a great orange ape is the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see this poor excuse for an anthropoid.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 12:01 AM   #79
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Moomin Valley
Posts: 14,518
If the North Korean president is 'Rocket Man', then he is 'Norma Jean', Putin's drooling bitch.
__________________
If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty. ~ Japanese Proverb
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 12:30 AM   #80
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arcadia, Greece
Posts: 23,835
POOTUS ?
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.