ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 18th July 2018, 09:35 AM   #121
chrispy
Muse

I believe Jon Stewart had a name for Trump: **** Face Von Clownstick
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:44 AM   #122
AnonyMoose
Critical Thinker

- Tweeter Twit
- Putin's Mini Me
- Tangerine Scream
- Orange-u-tan
- Wet Nappy
- Whiner-In-Chief
- Baby Pootus
- Me Me Me-ssolini

I have a fresh new box of crayons sitting in front of me... I could do this all day long.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:46 AM   #123
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I agree with Upchurch. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing homophobic about it.
Then both of you are wrong.

I DONT care what two consenting adults together. Whatever gets your freak on is ok by me. As long as it doesn't hurt ...well hurt me. You can hurt each other if that is your thing.
Yeah, except you want them to stay in their place and not be president. Anything else you don't want them doing? Can they be elected to Congress? If so, then why exclude them from the presidency?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:48 AM   #124
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
- Tweeter Twit
- Putin's Mini Me
- Tangerine Scream
- Orange-u-tan
- Wet Nappy
- Whiner-In-Chief
- Baby Pootus
- Me Me Me-ssolini

I have a fresh new box of crayons sitting in front of me... I could do this all day long.
Those are some good ones.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:00 AM   #125
AnonyMoose
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Gropenfuhrer.

I'm definitely stealing that one.

Laughed out loud when I saw it.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:01 AM   #126
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Yeah, except you want them to stay in their place and not be president. Anything else you don't want them doing? Can they be elected to Congress? If so, then why exclude them from the presidency?
Nope. I dont care if they become President or Congress critters or Supreme Court Justices. I absolutely don't care. Barney Frank would have received my vote every election.

I do care that the President of the United States is on all fours when meeting meeting with the Russian President. I do care that he met alone with the Russian President for two hours and then sided with Vlad instead of the US intelligence community.

That says very clearly that one person is dominated by the other. The homosexual community would say that Putin is the pitcher in this relationship. Not just me.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:01 AM   #127
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
PEETUS?
Ooh yeah!
Old 18th July 2018, 10:02 AM   #128
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Frankly I am not one who uses sexual metaphors to describe others, but those who do so to suggest Putin is dominant over Trump are not necessarily homophobic. The core of the intended insult is the demeaning unequal nature of the relationship, not necessarily the fact that both participants are men. It could be just as much an insult in the context of a straight relationship. e.g. "PM May came to power through Russia's Brexit campaign and now is just Putin's little b---h."

Having said that of course I have no idea what is actually in the minds of the people using these metaphor.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:08 AM   #129
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Frankly I am not one who uses sexual metaphors to describe others, but those who do so to suggest Putin is dominant over Trump are not necessarily homophobic. The core of the intended insult is the demeaning unequal nature of the relationship, not necessarily the fact that both participants are men. It could be just as much an insult in the context of a straight relationship. e.g. "PM May came to power through Russia's Brexit campaign and now is just Putin's little b---h."

Having said that of course I have no idea what is actually in the minds of the people using these metaphor.
The example you just gave was misogynistic as hell.

C'mon folks, this ain't that difficult.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:09 AM   #130
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
Meh.

It's just their way of throwing straw around the room in a desperate hope of trying to deflect the thread subject into a completely different direction.

Luckily for most us, we have functioning brain cells to help veer us away from taking the bait.
No, it's not. I loathe Trump, but I think the continual disparagement of those who choose to be bottoms is distasteful.

Different folks, different strokes. These insults suggest that some folks are lesser because of their sexual preferences.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:11 AM   #131
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I agree with Upchurch. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing homophobic about it. I DONT care what two consenting adults together. Whatever gets your freak on is ok by me. As long as it doesn't hurt ...well hurt me. You can hurt each other if that is your thing.

But I do care that Putin and Trump's master slave relationship has geopolitical ramifications that effects the rest of us. I care very much that the President of the United States is weak and submissive with the Russian President. I care very much Trump is Putin's bottom to Vlad's top.

If one has a problem with this insinuation, well I guess they need to develop a sense of humor and pay attention to the weak pathetic obsequious performance of Trump in Helsinki. It was damn embarrassing.
The master-slave relationship would do.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:12 AM   #132
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post

But abcbytesla said he didn't want subs to be President. No hint of metaphor in that statement.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:13 AM   #133
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
But abcbytesla said he didn't want subs to be President. No hint of metaphor in that statement.
Surely that was metaphor.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:17 AM   #134
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
No, it's not. I loathe Trump, but I think the continual disparagement of those who choose to be bottoms is distasteful.

Different folks, different strokes. These insults suggest that some folks are lesser because of their sexual preferences.
Now that I fully agree with. It is an insult to certain people's preferences in sexual practices, not to their preferences in sexual partners.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:18 AM   #135
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

He might have meant sub sandwiches or submarines.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:22 AM   #136
Joecool
Master Poster

I do care that the President of the United States is on all fours when meeting meeting with the Russian President. I do care that he met alone with the Russian President for two hours and then sided with Vlad instead of the US intelligence community.

That says very clearly that one person is dominated by the other. The homosexual community would say that Putin is the pitcher in this relationship. Not just me.
Since your comment implies that you witnessed the meeting and were privy to the discussions that took place, can you elaborate so the rest of the forum can better understand your POV?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:33 AM   #137
bobdroege7
Master Poster

It's not homophobic, it's just how to pick insults.

If you perceive someone whom you don't like to be bragging about his heterosexual exploits, then to accuse him of engaging in homosexual activities would be most likely to arouse his anger, which would be the point of the insult.

Has nothing to do with fear of the gays

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:48 AM   #138
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Didn't sound like it to me. But he said something later that indicates it may have just been poor wording. I'm really not sure what he meant right now.

Old 18th July 2018, 10:49 AM   #139
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
POOTUS ?
PUTIS.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:53 AM   #140
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Since your comment implies that you witnessed the meeting and were privy to the discussions that took place, can you elaborate so the rest of the forum can better understand your POV?
I of course didn't witness the meeting. Only the effect of the meeting.

Trump allowed Russia and Putin to dominate him and in turn the USA.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:57 AM   #141
Joecool
Master Poster

Well, you said Trump was on all fours. Since that wasn't in any of the transcripts I saw, I could only assume you were a high level government employee who actually attended the summit, perhaps as an interpreter.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 11:09 AM   #142
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I guess the concept of metaphors and idioms are unfamiliar to you.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:12 AM   #143
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Benedict Donald.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 11:15 AM   #144
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Benedict Donald.
Yeah, I gotta say, this one is winning me over.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:16 AM   #145
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Benedict Donald.
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Yeah, I gotta say, this one is winning me over.
Yea, I like that one too. A lot. Very Good.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:19 AM   #146
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Yea, I like that one too. A lot. Very Good.
I do think it's a bit cleverer then "Traitor Trump".

Though Trump makes Arnold look like a amateur;Arnold just wanted to sell the Fortress at West Point to the British;Trump wants to sell the whole country.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 11:43 AM   #147
Joecool
Master Poster

I guess the concept of metaphors and idioms are unfamiliar to you.
That isn't how you framed your comment.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:55 AM   #148
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I do think it's a bit cleverer then "Traitor Trump".

Though Trump makes Arnold look like a amateur;Arnold just wanted to sell the Fortress at West Point to the British;Trump wants to sell the whole country.
True.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:59 AM   #149
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
That isn't how you framed your comment.
You mean you thought I was being literal? Do you think I meant that Donald was on all fours or maybe Vlad just had him bent over a table?
Old 18th July 2018, 12:08 PM   #150
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

You mean you thought I was being literal? Do you think I meant that Donald was on all fours or maybe Vlad just had him bent over a table?
If I thought Trump and Putin were literally banging, vanilla or BDSM, it would improve my opinion of both of them. At least it would show they have some degree of imagination.
Old 18th July 2018, 12:13 PM   #151
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
If I thought Trump and Putin were literally banging, vanilla or BDSM, it would improve my opinion of both of them. At least it would show they have some degree of imagination.
Thanks for that. It gave me a good laugh. And I agree.

Trump's relationship and rhetoric about Putin and Russia makes no sense other than Trump is afraid of Putin. How else does one explain his bizarre behavior?
Old 18th July 2018, 12:20 PM   #152
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Trump's relationship and rhetoric about Putin and Russia makes no sense other than Trump is afraid of Putin. How else does one explain his bizarre behavior?
Trump also wants something from Putin. He was trying to get a Trump hotel in Russian during the campaign. In that sense, he really is selling out the US.
Old 18th July 2018, 02:49 PM   #153
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
President Trump, the Slayer of the Clinton Crime Combine, the leader of the Intolerables, Maker of America Great Again, and Triggerman of the Leftists.

Fantastic thread.
Intolerables?
Old 18th July 2018, 03:05 PM   #154
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Benedict Donald.
This is pretty harsh on Arnold, he at least had pretty good reasons why he switched sides. He was overlooked and others kept taking the credit for his work, and getting promoted over him and so he snapped and decided that if the US Continental Army wasn't going to be loyal to him, he wasn't going to be loyal in return.

Trump has no such excuses.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 03:18 PM   #155
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Nope. It just points out who the alpha dog is. And here's a hint, it isn't Trump.
Why would the "alpha dog" be "the pitcher"?
Old 18th July 2018, 03:35 PM   #156
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

"Pitcher" and "catcher"? Is it the 1990s? What next, the hanky code? Get with the times!
Old 18th July 2018, 04:01 PM   #157
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
This is pretty harsh on Arnold, he at least had pretty good reasons why he switched sides. He was overlooked and others kept taking the credit for his work, and getting promoted over him and so he snapped and decided that if the US Continental Army wasn't going to be loyal to him, he wasn't going to be loyal in return.

Trump has no such excuses.
Arnold had to run away to England. Perhaps the Donald will run away to Russia?
Old 18th July 2018, 04:02 PM   #158
sts60
Illuminator

Thumbsucker-in-Chief.

Although “Traitor” is shorter and fits, if not as nickname-y.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 07:08 PM   #159
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Thumbsucker-in-Chief.
I can think of something else that rhymes which would fit here also.
Old 18th July 2018, 10:06 PM   #160
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Comrade Conald
Disgraceful Donald
Traitorous Trump
P. P. POTUS
POSUTUS
Liar in Chief
Pussy grabbing POTUS
Morally bankrupt moron.
Comrade Catcher