ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 21st July 2018, 07:23 AM   #201
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
How does your theory pan out with all the other candidates who were compared to hitler?
Never mind that. Who called him literally Hitler? I don't recall it on this forum.

This is not to say that I favor disparaging nicknames for political opponents.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 09:30 AM   #202
autumn1971
Master Poster

"The Late and Unlamented"
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 02:05 PM   #203
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

“The Notorious P.I.G.”
Old 21st July 2018, 03:15 PM   #204
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
my favorites are
Mother **********
Traitor Trump
Putin's Poodle
Orange Menace
Piece of Dog ****
Benedict Trump. But that is probably unfair on Benedict Arnold.

Eta; Dudalb's Benedict Donald has a better ring to it. And is accurate
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending

Last edited by jimbob; 21st July 2018 at 03:25 PM.
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 03:19 PM   #205
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Trump is very difficult to satirize because somehow he manages to exceed in actual despicability almost anything humorous one can say about him.

Although I enjoy the clever wit humor in many of the nicknames, I think that the most effective nicknames politically would be ones that derive directly from Trump's own playbook and are most likely to rile him by undercutting his ego. Just "Loser" seems good.
I've been thinking for some time that this song was written for him

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 04:05 PM   #206
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
“The Notorious P.I.G.”
I like this one too. Which reminds me of

'Babs: That boy is a P-I-G pig'

Last edited by acbytesla; 21st July 2018 at 04:19 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 01:09 AM   #207
Lothian
should be banned

Rogue force one
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 01:15 AM   #208
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
Rogue force one
Lothian, that makes it sound as though he's a maverick - he's not, he's a very naughty boy fool
Old 22nd July 2018, 03:16 AM   #209
Syameese
Critical Thinker

Captain Collusion, complete with a superhero outfit of a Stars and Stripes cape and a pair of Russian briefs.
Syameese is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:17 AM   #210
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Not quite so clever or funny, but the sort that seem most accurate to me, are "Baby Trump" or "Toddler Trump." Maybe the "Orange Baby," or "Tantrum Don"
Old 22nd July 2018, 01:17 PM   #211
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Carrot Top 2.0
Old 22nd July 2018, 11:18 PM   #212
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Peroxy-moron?
Old 22nd July 2018, 11:21 PM   #213
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Whackadoodle Donald.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:07 AM   #214
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
You know, when the best one can argue is that "the guy is not literally Hitler", that should be a cause for one to stop and reflect on their position.

Just sayin'.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:22 AM   #215
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
You know, when the best one can argue is that "the guy is not literally Hitler", that should be a cause for one to stop and reflect on their position.

Just sayin'.
Yea. When the best they can say is he hasn't burned down the Reichstag and declared himself Fuhrer....yet.
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:40 AM   #216
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I heard "Comrade Donald" this weekend.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:49 AM   #217
Drewbot
Philosopher

Master of The Media
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:55 AM   #218
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
No, but as **** shows go, it's up there. Even Nixon didn't badmouth the U.S. when he talked to Brezhnev.
Badmouthing the US hardly seems like a catastrophe. "Don't vote for Trump! He'll talk **** about the country in public!"

Oh no.

I mean, it's a problem, sure. All things begin equal, I'd prefer a president who didn't do that. I'd prefer a president with a lot of qualities that are probably never going to happen.

Quote:
But it's all worth it, cause emails! and SCOTUS!
You may not know this, but SCOTUS is kind of a big deal. I'm willing to put "badmouthing the US" on the table, as a trade-off for getting one or two justices on the bench.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:56 AM   #219
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
No one's looking for worse than.... is the only path to having one's name becomes a euphemism for a trait, tendency or behavior via starting a World War and creating mass genocide?
You're looking for a name that will reinforce the impression you're trying to create.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:19 AM   #220
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I heard "Comrade Donald" this weekend.
I suggested Comrade Con-ald.
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:51 AM   #221
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Badmouthing the US hardly seems like a catastrophe. "Don't vote for Trump! He'll talk **** about the country in public!"

Oh no.

I mean, it's a problem, sure. All things begin equal, I'd prefer a president who didn't do that. I'd prefer a president with a lot of qualities that are probably never going to happen.

You may not know this, but SCOTUS is kind of a big deal. I'm willing to put "badmouthing the US" on the table, as a trade-off for getting one or two justices on the bench.
It seems you're willing to accept a lot from Trump in order to get what you want politically. That's the problem. The fact he blatantly lies constantly is acceptable. The fact he treats women like pieces of meat and brags he can get away with it because he's a "celebrity" is acceptable. The fact he is a bully is acceptable. The fact he believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies is acceptable. The fact he is an extreme narcissist is acceptable (and please don't tell me he hasn't been diagnosed as an extreme narcissist). The fact he has alienated our closest foreign allies, while praising Kim Jung Un and Putin, is acceptable. The fact that he enjoys humiliating people is acceptable to you. The fact he encourages people to commit violence is acceptable to you. The fact he encourages bigotry and racism is acceptable to you. The fact he deliberately encourages divisiveness in the country is acceptable to you.

Exactly what would it take for you not to find him acceptable?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:05 AM   #222
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Master of The Media
Just like Slick Willie was!
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:36 AM   #223
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
You know, to continue the idea from my earlier post, I kinda like "Not Hitler".
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:47 AM   #224
Dr.Sid
Graduate Poster

PUSA grabber ?
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 12:35 PM   #225
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
You know, to continue the idea from my earlier post, I kinda like "Not Hitler".
That's one of the better ones so far.
Old 23rd July 2018, 02:53 PM   #226
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

"Snitler."
Old 23rd July 2018, 03:05 PM   #227
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

“Sh*tler”
Old 31st July 2018, 09:34 AM   #228
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Why not...

Garbage-Man!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D8707003-15F0-4D7D-B8C6-554C091B0465.jpeg (19.4 KB, 210 views)
Old 8th August 2018, 04:26 PM   #229
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

MAGAdon
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2018, 02:29 PM   #230
portlandatheist
Master Poster

unindicted co-conspirator
portlandatheist is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2018, 02:54 PM   #231
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
unindicted co-conspirator In Chief

FTFY. The formalities must be observed.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2018, 03:18 PM   #232
C_Felix
Master Poster

Just jumping into this thread now, so if this was brought up, apologies:

Some Presidents have bona fide and accepted nicknames or monikers. Some good, some snarky.

Reagan - The Gipper
Clinton - Slick Willy
Bush the 2nd - Dubya
Lincoln - Honest Abe
Ann Veal - HER?!
Ford - The Accidental President
Eisenhower - Ike

I like "The Illegitimate President" for Trump.
Old 22nd August 2018, 04:12 PM   #233
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Mr. Half-a-term
Old 22nd August 2018, 04:37 PM   #234
portlandatheist
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
Mr. Half-a-term
That has a beautiful ring to it
portlandatheist is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2018, 04:38 PM   #235
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Much as Jim Carrey's a twat, I thought his effort today was pretty good:

Quote:
Can the Great Spewdini spew enough lies to escape the straight-jacket of his un-Presidented criminality?
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:57 AM   #236
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Master of The Media
How about Rambling Idiot?
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:03 AM   #237
Venom
Graduate Poster

MAGA = My Attorney Got Arrested
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:04 AM   #238
dmaker
Graduate Poster

^

LOL
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:20 AM   #239
SuburbanTurkey
Muse

Federal Inmate #

Exact details to be hopefully determined soon.
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:08 PM   #240
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

"Glorious Donnie" in honor of "Glorious Godfrey" a red headed evil Demogogue, who uses hatred as his weapon in preparing Earth for Conquest by Darkseid in Jack Kirby's CLassic "Fourth World" comics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Godfrey

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 23rd August 2018 at 12:10 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics