ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 2nd September 2018, 03:54 AM   #281
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by blutoski View Post
Has anybody posted this gem yet: "Marmalade Shartcannon"
Ooo, definitely seconded!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 04:32 AM   #282
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Donald Scum

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 09:53 AM   #283
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Do you think there's a nickname that, if it gained widespread popularity, would significantly increase the chances of impeachment?

Seems like that would be the Holy Grail of Trump nicknames.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 10:01 AM   #284
Distracted1
Master Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Do you think there's a nickname that, if it gained widespread popularity, would significantly increase the chances of impeachment?

Depends on what you define as a "significant" impact.

Political careers have been damaged by less; Dukakis in the tank with the headphones on, Howard Dean making an odd sounding "roar", etc..

If it impacts the electorates disposition towards Trump, I think it would certainly have an impact on Congress' willingness to do the right thing.
Old 2nd September 2018, 10:30 AM   #285
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Crooked Donald?
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:04 AM   #286
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post

Political careers have been damaged by less; Dukakis in the tank with the headphones on, Howard Dean making an odd sounding "roar", etc..

If it impacts the electorates disposition towards Trump, I think it would certainly have an impact on Congress' willingness to do the right thing.
Wow Distracted, you and I agree about some things.

People are often influenced by subtle often seemingly insignificant things. Things they would never admit or even were aware were influencing factors. I can't even begin to say just how many times I have asked people on both sides how they came to an opinion about a particular candidate and heard nonsensical reasons or general almost meaningless answers.
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:11 AM   #287
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Wow Distracted, you and I agree about some things.

People are often influenced by subtle often seemingly insignificant things. Things they would never admit or even were aware were influencing factors. I can't even begin to say just how many times I have asked people on both sides how they came to an opinion about a particular candidate and heard nonsensical reasons or general almost meaningless answers.
Even if I agreed with all of Trump's politics, I would never vote for him. He's a despicable human being who is rotten from the inside out. That's why I have no respect for those who say they dislike his behavior but would vote for him anyway.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:35 AM   #288
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Even if I agreed with all of Trump's politics, I would never vote for him. He's a despicable human being who is rotten from the inside out. That's why I have no respect for those who say they dislike his behavior but would vote for him anyway.
It's a double whammy with Trump. Not only do I hate his politics, I hate....no despise Trump. I keep seeking some redeeming quality about him and I keep coming up empty. I had held out some hope that he could be good for infrastructure investment...But he's AWFUL on that too.
Old 2nd September 2018, 12:57 PM   #289
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
It's a double whammy with Trump. Not only do I hate his politics, I hate....no despise Trump. I keep seeking some redeeming quality about him and I keep coming up empty. I had held out some hope that he could be good for infrastructure investment...But he's AWFUL on that too.
Trump is one of those rare individuals about whom I can find absolutely nothing positive to say. Nothing.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 12:59 PM   #290
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Trumpy McTrumpface

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 01:12 PM   #291
sackett
Philosopher

Trumpelgruber.

Nah, too obscure.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 01:33 PM   #292
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Agreed. That's the rub, though. In the other two examples you gave, the downfall arose from the person's own widely publicized actions. Trump seems remarkably resistant to that particular failure mode.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 01:37 PM   #293
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Impeachment is not the goal of the name-calling.

Some people still smoke tobacco even though it is dangerous, and even though it took decades of legal wrangling to finally get a public health warning on the packet. And some people still fight that.

The goal of the name calling is to have an accurate description of Trump as a similar public health warning. And we expect some people will still fight that too.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 01:42 PM   #294
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Crooked Donald?
Can't hurt to try.
Old 2nd September 2018, 08:31 PM   #295
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

PIDJIT. Contains both PDJT and idjit.
Old 3rd September 2018, 07:02 AM   #296
Distracted1
Master Poster

Agreed. That's the rub, though. In the other two examples you gave, the downfall arose from the person's own widely publicized actions. Trump seems remarkably resistant to that particular failure mode.
It is decidedly odd. Hard to imagine a previous candidate surviving a recording of "grab them by the pussy"
Maybe it has something to do with the ability to actually feel embarrassment or shame. Lacking that ability, Trump is perhaps an emotional (if not intellectual) "Forrest Gump"
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:38 AM   #297
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Sunkist Kaiser.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:32 PM   #298
Tommok
Student

Maybe fat, ugly, lazy Donald (FULD). I've been singing this in my head for a while now.
Tommok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:57 PM   #299
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

I grew up in Wisconsin playing the card game sheepshead

Cards in this game are of two types/suits: trump and fail.

Don's a seven of clubs.
Old 3rd September 2018, 01:39 PM   #300
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

It is decidedly odd. Hard to imagine a previous candidate surviving a recording of "grab them by the pussy"
Maybe it has something to do with the ability to actually feel embarrassment or shame. Lacking that ability, Trump is perhaps an emotional (if not intellectual) "Forrest Gump"

This would explain Trump's disregard for such behavior.

It doesn't explain that of his supporters, who are equally unconcerned.

The problem isn't just Trump. If it was he would never have been elected in the first place, and even in that unlikely event he still would have been gone by now.

As long as his supporters continue to ignore or excuse all of his many shortcomings and malfeasances Trump will continue to be proven right for his lack of concern.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 01:52 PM   #301
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
This would explain Trump's disregard for such behavior.

It doesn't explain that of his supporters, who are equally unconcerned.

The problem isn't just Trump. If it was he would never have been elected in the first place, and even in that unlikely event he still would have been gone by now.

As long as his supporters continue to ignore or excuse all of his many shortcomings and malfeasances Trump will continue to be proven right for his lack of concern.
Agreed. His supporters enable him to behave the way he does without consequences. So far.
Old 3rd September 2018, 05:04 PM   #302
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Don the Obstructor
Old 3rd September 2018, 05:21 PM   #303
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
Don the Obstructor
Worth a shot
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:29 PM   #304
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

I saw a good one today:

Infected malignant rectal polyp.
Old 5th September 2018, 03:08 PM   #305
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Trumpelgruber.

Nah, too obscure.
I like it, but you're probably right about it being too obscure.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2018, 05:42 PM   #306
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

"Trump"
I'm going to start using it as a cuss-word from this moment. Oh, Trump! Trump you! Get Trumped!

Note: Please do not consider this as simply replacing the F-word with "Trump". The former is an act which gives me pleasure. The latter does not.
Old 5th September 2018, 11:22 PM   #307
Venom
Graduate Poster

Crazytown, term allegedly used by John Kelly, is Trump's Jonestown.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 02:48 PM   #308
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Individual 1
Old 30th November 2018, 03:00 PM   #309
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I know one is better off just calling him by his name, but a recent incident at a veterans' meeting makes the monicker "agent orange" pretty tempting.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...affairs-2018-8

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 05:04 PM   #310
Lurch
Muse

Stormy's revelation points the way...

Shroom.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 08:28 PM   #311
Lambchops
Muse

Saw one I really liked the other day:

Agolf Twitler.
Old 30th November 2018, 08:35 PM   #312
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post

Agolf Twitler.
Oh, that one's right up there in the top five!
Old 30th November 2018, 08:39 PM   #313
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post

Agolf Twitler.
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Oh, that one's right up there in the top five!
Here Here!!
Old 30th November 2018, 10:46 PM   #314
Lambchops
Muse

It just works.
Old 1st December 2018, 08:11 AM   #315
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

I'm still partial to Jon Stewart's one for him...

If you don't know it, then just Google it.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2018, 10:01 AM   #316
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm starting to really like President Prison Date.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2018, 10:50 AM   #317
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
"Trump"
I'm going to start using it as a cuss-word from this moment. Oh, Trump! Trump you! Get Trumped!

Note: Please do not consider this as simply replacing the F-word with "Trump". The former is an act which gives me pleasure. The latter does not.
It needs to be italicized, so that it conveys the same disdain* as when Seinfeld says "Newman".

Trump

* Which falls woefully short.
Old 1st December 2018, 04:14 PM   #318
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Stormy's revelation points the way...

Shroom.
I'm guessing he really wouldn't like that.

As I suspect she is telling the truth.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 01:12 PM   #319
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I'm still partial to Jon Stewart's one for him...

If you don't know it, then just Google it.
You mean Fuckface Von Clownstick?

That is a good one. But I'm starting to like Pee Pee Traitor.
Old 3rd December 2018, 02:46 PM   #320
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I've held off on re-re-posting this outstanding Todd Rundgren youtube (Donald Fagen vocals) for six months, fearing a yellow card for spam. This thread seems the right spot for one more spin. Tin Foil Hat:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics